Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Hanayamata Episode 10 Discussion

Sep 8, 2014 9:57 AM
News Team
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, I'm beginning to like Machi now. She's got that tough attitude but she does care about her friends.

So the girls go on this trip during this episode. Machi should be more relaxed :/. Poor Hana not feeling well too. Overall, I thought the episode was relaxing to watch. I like how all the girls of the club and even Machi came together to dance. They even got a crowd!

Modified by Stark700, Sep 8, 2014 11:28 AM

Sep 8, 2014 11:25 AM

Machi working really hard to get the dance routine down. Hana's mom is shown at the end. Looks like she is going to visit her.

Sep 8, 2014 11:41 AM

Wow a hot bath scene without fanservice?! I'm okay with this.

As expected, Machi is the awkward party-pooper because she takes everything so seriously, especially from studying all the time. It's nice to see that her sincerity to work hard goes through to the girls.

Incoming Hana drama, or another episode of Hanadramata :P

Sep 8, 2014 12:01 PM

Another cute episode. Aniki is the best ^^
I can't wait to see the outfits, and that phone call was pretty obvious who it was.

It's near the end... will they show the festival on this cour?
SoL and Light Novels lover.

Sep 8, 2014 12:08 PM
Forum Moderator
I really like this episode it was full of passion.
The girls where really working hard to achieve their goal and i wonder how the festival will look like.
It seems next week will be another set back tho, but time will tell.

Hana's family background looks interesting in a way.
Wonder what her mother will be like.

Sep 8, 2014 12:10 PM

Shaniyaz said:
Looks like Hana's mom is visiting all of a sudden, though why's she sad then? O.o

If I had to guess, probably because Hana's mom wants to take her back to America with her. Given the general flow of the show that seems most likely to me. Unfortunately for her mom, I think Hana would rather stay in Japan. Especially since it doesn't seem like Hana had friends back in America, unlike now(see ep2). I wouldn't want to return to a lonely existence after getting a taste of what friendship and fun is like.

Kinda knew the whole festival thing would work out somehow. Masaru is such a bro to our favorite yosakoi club.

Sep 8, 2014 12:15 PM

As expected, Machi has become likable XD It's ridiculous how anime makes u like someone u used to dislike so much ^^; Dem blushes <3

Aniki giving Hana the Naruko because it's for Sally-chan sensei's sister XD

I expected that punchline XD Aniki really wants to impress Sally XD

So Nxt up Hana drama :(

Sep 8, 2014 12:52 PM

Machi joining a club and forming a training camp!

Glad they broke the tension around Machi. The feeling as the newest member and being somewhat different (responsibility value)!
Realizing that Machi was practising, they even got a little performance out of it ^w^
A special exception to join the festival as another group came.
Kinda enjoy the little something between Machi and Yaya, that little tension like relationship ^^

Hana's mom calling! Don't take her to the US :(

Sep 8, 2014 12:59 PM

Sep 8, 2014 1:00 PM

This episode went even faster than usual. Machi was pretty cool this episode. It's good to have someone to impose discipline on the club. Though each member contributes in her own way, it's also the case that they're easily distracted. Note how they forgot to enroll in the festival by the deadline. Another admirable quality of Machi is that she took the dancing seriously and tried very hard to learn her choreography. Machi almost works as the 'better angel' of Sally-chan. Sally will slack off if given the opportunity, though she does really come through along with Masaru.

Naru finally breaks her creative block and now has the idea for each girl with a different flower.

Hana's back story is becoming clearer and it looks like an emotional time for her next week.

Sep 8, 2014 1:04 PM

Machi has joins the Yosakoi club.

It was good to see Naru and the other girls are able to get into the festival.

Hana's mom is visiting all of sudden.
Fan of Kirito X Asuna pairing.

Sep 8, 2014 1:14 PM

Kinda sad to see this end in just 2 weeks, probably won't have a second season but I can always dream, right?

Sally-chan filming them thighs <3
I'm still hoping they will be wearing the clothes shown in the visuals.

Sep 8, 2014 2:21 PM
I expected this to be your average onsen episode, but Hanayamata surprised me again.

One thing I disliked was the laid-back nature of the yosakoi club. Especially since they have Sally as their advisor, but she managed to prove her worth in the end. They really lucked out that Aniki is one of the managers for the Hanairo festival.

Great to see that Yaya was the one who knew how Machi was feeling, having crossed the same path. Machi will definitely be ready for the festival with her passion for yosakoi.

Interesting how they brought up the "hana" aspect of the show at the end of the episode.

Sep 8, 2014 2:44 PM
My wishful thinking: Our Bro, the manager of the Yosakoi shop has already done the entry step for the girls to participate the festival.
Modified by htsuji, Sep 8, 2014 3:38 PM

Sep 8, 2014 3:07 PM
めんどくさい

FireKiller87 said:
Shaniyaz said:
Looks like Hana's mom is visiting all of a sudden, though why's she sad then? O.o

If I had to guess, probably because Hana's mom wants to take her back to America with her.
I'd be willing to bet a dollar that will be the case.

Sep 8, 2014 3:14 PM

Dat ending though. Hana's mother.

Sep 8, 2014 3:20 PM

I had a feeling Hana's mom would appear after she was brought up...more drama incoming then. I like this show but I think it had a little too much drama quite honestly. The balance between drama and cute girls doing cute things is probably 50/50 whereas I'da liked it somewhere around 70/30 in favor of the latter. Oh well still an enjoyable initiation episode for Machi I suppose.

Sep 8, 2014 3:20 PM

Seems like Machi is getting along with the others =)
Pretty good episode.

Cratex said:
FireKiller87 said:

If I had to guess, probably because Hana's mom wants to take her back to America with her.

Agreed.

Sep 8, 2014 4:27 PM

Facepalmed when they forgot to register for the festival. Though wasn't too surprised at that.
Aniki wanting to impress Sally hahaha.
Hana's mum at the end.. More drama incoming huh.
Cratex said:
FireKiller87 said:

Yeah, I was thinking that too.

Sep 8, 2014 4:46 PM

They should really rename this show to "Blushing: The Anime", because that's all they do in this show. The girls get flustered over the oddest things.

I'm a sucker for dancing, but this has been an extremely boring series overall. Nothing overly bad about it, but nothing that you could say will make you remember it in the slightest, well, maybe the blushing. It's been pretty run-of-the-mill.

Oh, and I guess the OP too, that's also really good.

Meh episode.
Nop.

Sep 8, 2014 5:31 PM

Only just realized Hanayamata is for their names. Wish they would show the whole dance sequence instead of just still shots. Hopefully finale will show a whole performance with music and no counting.

Sep 8, 2014 6:12 PM

BullSmit said:

I'm a sucker for dancing, but this has been an extremely boring series overall. Nothing overly bad about it, but nothing that you could say will make you remember it in the slightest, well, maybe the blushing. It's been pretty run-of-the-mill.

Meh episode.

Yeah I'm starting to think that Yosakoi only serves as a unique premise, since there has never been a story about a Yosakoi club yet. Hana could have started a "flash mob" club for all we know and the story still wouldn't change all that much. The story's main focus, after all, is on each character's story and how she develops as a person. I really have to give credit to the director of this show, however, since not many similar shows handle character development as well as Hanayamata. It comes off as dramatic since it's a 1-cour, but nonetheless I'm enjoying it a lot.

Sep 8, 2014 7:34 PM

Aniki is so easy to exploit haha! If Sally-chan asks him, he'll probably take care of their costumes as well. OTP!

Nooo don't take away Hana :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Sep 8, 2014 8:29 PM

Seems like we're all on the same page. Hana's mom probably wants to take her back to America.

I wonder if it'll end with them sharing one last dance together at the festival. inb4 tears. Prepare for sadness.

Sep 8, 2014 9:50 PM

I've got to admit, I was pretty shocked when I found out they weren't entered. But luckily Manager pulled some strings! I imagine that's how this season will end.

I am liking Machi a bit more now. She's quite cute when she isn't being bossy and a stereotypical Student Council President. Although her past behavior stills irks me a bit...

Looks like Hana's mom wants to take her back to America!

Also, Hana's Dad saying Hey Girls, made me laugh xD

Sep 8, 2014 11:33 PM

wow.

I have this Love Live deja vu here.
What is MAL.

Sep 8, 2014 11:41 PM

This episode was filled with moe Machi moments.

Sep 9, 2014 12:13 AM

This anime is kawaii and moe as fuck. I need more.

Sep 9, 2014 12:25 AM
This anime is slowly moving up my list. I think it could make my top three anime of the season soon. Maybe it's there already o.o

It's getting really good, and I feel that it gets even better and better.
mrmariokartguy on MAL, bobland on CR

Sep 9, 2014 12:28 AM

mrmariokartguy said:
This anime is slowly moving up my list. I think it could make my top three anime of the season soon. Maybe it's there already o.o

It's getting really good, and I feel that it gets even better and better.

Yeah, it's definitely one of my top three this season, maybe even top two.

Yaya is love, Yaya is life

Sep 9, 2014 1:27 AM

Hana makes the most adorable faces XD
love this show now we have to wait another week !!!!
nice to see they got in haha that monk
[/quote]

Sep 9, 2014 3:24 AM

Everyone was cute in this episode especially Machi! I am liking her now more than before :3

Stark700 said:

+1

Looks like we'll see them perform fully in Hanairo Festival on the last episode. Dem Hana drama next week.
[center]

Sep 9, 2014 4:12 AM

Machi is now an official member of the yosakoi club.
Nice to see the girls doing their best. Good thing they got accepted. I kinda knew that the bald guy would do something about that. Things were great! Until the mother showed herself. Things are about to go down next episode.

Sep 9, 2014 5:46 AM
-Resident- said:
They really lucked out that Aniki is one of the managers for the Hanairo festival.

Maybe some of the managers for the festival know him because he has been supporting the other Yosakoi club for years. But he isn't an insider of the association that hold the festival. He asked the office if there was a vacancy.

Sep 9, 2014 10:47 AM

Machi-chan gap moe XD

I didn't expect Hana's parents to be divorced though, it's amazing she can still be that cheerful. I also love how they integrated Machi into the club without rushing it. Well I suppose that's to be expected of a series that really emphasizes on the character's interpersonal relationships.

The preparation is going well, I hope we at least get a good development between sensei and Umibozu manager before the series ends. It looks like the ending might have a lot of feels though with Hana going back to the US.

Sep 9, 2014 12:19 PM
Is it strange to say that I have cried in pretty much every episode of this..... every single one. I think this show was made by a wizzard

Sep 9, 2014 1:09 PM

pakoko said:
BullSmit said:

Meh episode.

Yeah I'm starting to think that Yosakoi only serves as a unique premise, since there has never been a story about a Yosakoi club yet. Hana could have started a "flash mob" club for all we know and the story still wouldn't change all that much. The story's main focus, after all, is on each character's story and how she develops as a person. I really have to give credit to the director of this show, however, since not many similar shows handle character development as well as Hanayamata. It comes off as dramatic since it's a 1-cour, but nonetheless I'm enjoying it a lot.

This show's biggest attraction is the character development. I like it for that reason. Hanayamata doesn't have a highly-developed plot or anything really thought-provoking, but the characters and how the show handles them are standouts.
And imo, if you're looking for something thought-provoking from a slice-of-life, you're probably looking in the wrong place. As far as I've seen, there are precious few that are both deep and well-directed at the same time.

Sep 9, 2014 4:47 PM

SandyBoi said:
Facepalmed when they forgot to register for the festival. Though wasn't too surprised at that.
Aniki wanting to impress Sally hahaha.
Hana's mum at the end.. More drama incoming huh.
Cratex said:

Yeah, I was thinking that too.

Exactly my thoughts... Man, one relaxing episode, then RIGHT back into the sad stuff!
This show practically OOZES cuteness though. It's so pleasant to watch.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.

Sep 9, 2014 6:46 PM

FireKiller87 said:

And imo, if you're looking for something thought-provoking from a slice-of-life, you're probably looking in the wrong place. As far as I've seen, there are precious few that are both deep and well-directed at the same time.

I never said anything about how I was expecting Hanayamata to be thought-provoking. "...looking for something thought-provoking from a slice-of-life, you're probably looking in the wrong place." Excuse you, slice-of-life anime CAN be deeply profound and thought-provoking, namely Mushishi and Kino no Tabi.

But back to the point. Maybe I wasn't clear enough: I love the show. I was only commenting on how the premise of Yosakoi can be changed with anything and it'd be the same story. That's not criticizing; I'm just agreeing with people who were disappointed about how the show doesn't go too much in depth with Yosakoi. I'm agreeing to the fact that this show isn't about recruiting skilled Yosakoi dancers and competing in fierce Yosakoi competitions -- it just doesn't take Yosakoi to that level of seriousness.

Also, everything you said positive about the show I said as well, literally.

FireKiller87 said:
This show's biggest attraction is the character development.

I said, "The story's main focus, after all, is on each character's story and how she develops as a person."

FireKiller87 said:
Hanayamata doesn't have a highly-developed plot or anything really thought-provoking, but the characters and how the show handles them are standouts.

I said, "I really have to give credit to the director of this show, however, since not many similar shows handle character development as well as Hanayamata."

FireKiller87 said:
I like it for that reason

I said, "I'm enjoying it a lot."

Please don't let your love of the show blind you about what others are trying to say. Your hate towards my comment is boggling since you should have realized from my response that I indeed appreciate the anime.
Modified by pakoko, Sep 9, 2014 10:36 PM

Sep 9, 2014 7:01 PM

Machi joined to Yosakoi Club
her "dere" side is cute too :3

Aniki willing to do anything as long as for Sally XXD

Hana mom in the end, don't tell me she want to take her back to America :(
Preview explanation is ridiculous. XD

Sep 9, 2014 8:02 PM

Finally yurikoi team is complete.

Sep 10, 2014 9:07 PM

Sep 11, 2014 5:49 AM

They've got their own festival right there. Who needs the official one?

Edit: just occasionally, posting while the ED plays backfires. Seems like they're getting the official one as well. Probably...
Modified by kuuderes_shadow, Sep 11, 2014 5:53 AM
Weekly light novel release list (data back to 20th October 2014)
Monthly light novel sales rankings (Jan 2015 onwards)
Best selling Light Novel volumes of the year/all time*.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

Sep 11, 2014 10:24 AM

04:50 dat MILF

05:02 burny!!

07:02 nice view

12:18 LOOOOOL

13:18 lovely peach

16:59 seishun da ne

23:55 yayy

6.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.

Sep 11, 2014 3:57 PM

Well I know what pair I'm shipping now (Hint: It's Yaya x Machi) Dat Double Tsundere!

Sep 11, 2014 4:31 PM

pakoko said:
FireKiller87 said:

I never said anything about how I was expecting Hanayamata to be thought-provoking. "...looking for something thought-provoking from a slice-of-life, you're probably looking in the wrong place." Excuse you, slice-of-life anime CAN be deeply profound and thought-provoking, namely Mushishi and Kino no Tabi.

But back to the point. Maybe I wasn't clear enough: I love the show. I was only commenting on how the premise of Yosakoi can be changed with anything and it'd be the same story. That's not criticizing; I'm just agreeing with people who were disappointed about how the show doesn't go too much in depth with Yosakoi. I'm agreeing to the fact that this show isn't about recruiting skilled Yosakoi dancers and competing in fierce Yosakoi competitions -- it just doesn't take Yosakoi to that level of seriousness.

Also, everything you said positive about the show I said as well, literally.

FireKiller87 said:
This show's biggest attraction is the character development.

I said, "The story's main focus, after all, is on each character's story and how she develops as a person."

FireKiller87 said:
Hanayamata doesn't have a highly-developed plot or anything really thought-provoking, but the characters and how the show handles them are standouts.

I said, "I really have to give credit to the director of this show, however, since not many similar shows handle character development as well as Hanayamata."

FireKiller87 said:
I like it for that reason

I said, "I'm enjoying it a lot."

Please don't let your love of the show blind you about what others are trying to say. Your hate towards my comment is boggling since you should have realized from my response that I indeed appreciate the anime.

I made a statement that somehow got interpreted as hatred. Okay. Remind me next time to only use this place as a way to keep track of my list.

Sep 12, 2014 11:01 PM
Sunflower for Machi.

I got why she had a sunflower at the opining animation.

Sep 14, 2014 12:02 AM

Looks like we will get a side of Hana this time with her mom coming... hahaha. I knew Sally-sensei will solve the application deadline problem. I expected her to be... "Oh, I registered you guys already." but didn't happen... oh well she is laid back after all.

Sep 20, 2014 8:11 PM

That was really sweet when the people staying at the inn all came out to watch them. Even if they really couldn't end up performing in the festival, they were still able to make good memories as a result of yosakoi.

Sep 30, 2014 5:25 PM

Cute room indeed. That engrish-speaking papa. I am really enjoy Macchi and her interactions with Sally and others.

I really liked the scene where they got encouraged by everyone.

That's true love, Sally.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »