Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 10 Discussion

Sep 9, 2014 6:27 AM

great episode, yet i am a bit concerned on how are they ending the season, cause there are only 2 episodes left, and thay still have to solve a lot of stuff, unless, of course, they do something unexpected, which itself is not so surprising since this is a pretty good and original show

Sep 9, 2014 8:21 AM

I LOLed so hard when nozaki put on that costume. When he threw the sword away to get into the bear stance, i had to pause just so i can finish laughing

Sep 9, 2014 9:20 AM

Mami-...koshiba LOLOL i shall call him Mami-...korin

Sep 9, 2014 9:41 AM

"If only we had someone who is easily deceived, someone who'd jump at the chance if you asked him..." *Cue Nozaki, Chiyo and Kashima holding Mikorin* :D

And I loved Chiyo's expressions as Nozaki was about to get on stage, only to had her hopes crushed when he appeared in a bear costume. That girl is just too cute. <3

Also, Kashima got pissed when Hori cheered Mikorin Mamikoshiba on.

Wakamatsu and Seo make a good couple. A bit of an awkward pairing, but sill kinda cute. Funny how he misunderstood Kashima's godawful singing voice (which put Nozaki and Chiyo in pure agony) for Seo's.

"Quit now or practice a year, then quit." Seo is harsh, but brutally honest.

Speaking of Seo, I love the complete disconnect with the movie and how she should react to certain scenes.

BTW, Chiyo does know Nozaki based his secondary couple on Seo and Wakamatsu, right? She's basically wishing them together by how she reacts to the new manga storyline without hinting that she's aware of this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 10, 2014 1:38 PM

ReaperCreeper said:
It's hard to decide if Seo or Mikorin is best girl.

I'm having the same problem!

Sep 10, 2014 11:00 PM

Omg Mikorin hiding behind the curtain at the end xD
MAL: A community where everyone acts like every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7 or above.

Sep 10, 2014 11:35 PM

SeoWaka and HoriKashima~ OTP OTP
And Mikorin lol.

I don't what it is about this series but the characters are so bizarre with incredible flaws but are so lovable. Too bad Nozaki is so bland compared to everyone else.

Sep 11, 2014 6:20 PM

Have I mentioned before how I love each character's personality in this series? Sakura is lighthearted and dreamy, but also surprisingly down to earth. Nozaki, for a shoujo manga artist, is strangely unperceptive of people's emotions unless he's purposely studying examples for manga. Mikorin [ or shall I say Mamikoshiba? ] comes off as the typical flirtatious womanizer, but turns out he's pretty far from that. Kashima seems independent, yet she still seeks out attention from her senpai, Hori, who likes to be the boss but is often uneasy about his decisions. Seo appears to be a daredevil who completely disregards others, yet she's social and has a more gentle side expressed in her singing. And Wakamatsu comes off as extremely shy and tentative, but he has a determination that you can't help but admire.

Though to be honest we haven't had too much character development that strays from those tropes, I think it's the mix of all of them that makes each episode hilarious. There's also that touch of the artist genius; I can relate to a lot of Nozaki's issues with his manga, and I think people who act or put on plays will be familiar with Hori's difficulties. I believe that if I was a manga artist, I would definitely be looking everywhere for inspiration.

But that's about the series as a whole. The intention, now, is to discuss this single episode.

I can definitely see some Wakamatsu/Seo romance, or just a close friendship, despite the differences in their personalities. Seo is so strange to Wakamatsu that he can't help but follow her everywhere, looking for something, anything that would give her a quality that he might deem normal. And Seo, social and extroverted, encourages the shy Wakamatsu to try new things because it's part of her personality. Additionally, there might be some manipulation involved- she knows that he is easygoing and will agree to almost anything. Seo contradicts the idea of the typical shoujo heroine, which is why she's a great foil for Sakura. She doesn't have much consideration for others, is very independent, and clearly doesn't really think about what others think of her. Sakura, on the other hand, is rather concerned about how she appears, especially to Nozaki-kun, and she works hard to please others and keep everyone happy, though it's not obviously evident at all points of this anime.

And let's talk about the other two, Hori and Kashima! Kashima really wants to please Hori, though I can't say for sure whether it's due to her having romantic feelings for him, or just wanting to impress her senpai. Because so much of her life consists of acting, Kashima feels a pertinent need to mold herself to others' expectations, and when people seem disappointed by her actions, it really devastates her. However, she is a good people-reader and can tell what most people [ except Hori ] want from her.

I'm most definitely looking forward to next episode, and more Mamokorin.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Sep 12, 2014 1:46 PM

Lovely to see so many of the cast in one episode. Though at some times I thought it was a bit boring. I'm wondering how they will work out the (one-sided?) love betweeen Sakura and Nozaki.

Sep 13, 2014 11:19 AM

Best movie date ever.

Mikorin xD

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Sep 13, 2014 10:24 PM

This anime always makes me laugh xD

Sep 13, 2014 10:42 PM

Tanuki overload this episode.
I really liked the scene under the umbrella, pretty classic trope with a twist.

Sep 14, 2014 1:39 AM

I loved everything! ~
When Kashima and Seo are in the ep then I'm sure that it will be funny! ♥
[/url]

Sep 15, 2014 3:51 AM

Nozaki sure was lucky that Seo invited Wakamatsu to a movie and he can get his reference material XD.

Wakamatsu... give up and surrender the armrest to Seo already, you can't win.

LOL, only Wakamatsu was moved by the movie since Seo was expressionless until the guns started firing and people started dying...

Seo sure is freaking hilarious XD.

Wakamatsu sacrificed himself for good of others T.T

Kashima sure has a lot of different talents :/

Tone deaf eh... RIP Nozaki's, Chiyo's and Seo's ears T.T

Dat misunderstanding on Wakamatsu's part XD.

LOL, the fight was rather but Nozaki spoiled everything with his terrible acting...

Dat costume doe...

I just knew Mikorin was the one they were going to call and fool XD.

Hahaha, Hori realized that Mikorin's the model for Mamiko's character.

Mami...koshiba!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."

Sep 16, 2014 11:05 PM

Never have I shipped a couple so hard....

Wakamatsu is such a good character, wish most MC's in anime were like him lol
him and Seo are the best.

Actually, there really isn't an unlikable character out of the whole cast!
Loving this series so far, definitely a favorite

Sep 18, 2014 6:08 PM

Hillarious episode as always :)

Sep 21, 2014 10:59 AM

Sometimes I cry because this show is so beautiful and perfect.

Not just out of respect for the life & times of Nozaki-kun, but also out of pity for all the other shows.

Their asses aren't this divine.

Sep 23, 2014 1:57 PM
:D

Seo is awesome hahaha

This show makes me laugh every time :)

Sep 27, 2014 4:50 PM

Why was Seo a bad person for telling her friend she saw her boyfriend holding hands with someone else? Seems like that's something you should do for a friend. o_o

I like how I started off hating Seo but now I'm upset she's not prominent enough.

Sep 29, 2014 4:24 AM

Not a misunderstanding again when there's already so many! Now Waka thinks Seo is a bad singer...

Nozaki, you are awesome at acting. The master.

Mikorin is so me! You have to get him used to you again and again (tho in my case, it depends on my mood 90 percent of time)

Sep 30, 2014 7:11 AM

Seo loves dem blood and gore, need more splatters.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Oct 6, 2014 7:58 PM

Seo is so awesome

Oct 7, 2014 3:53 AM

Hahaha the cinema part got me laughing like hell!
I watch movies the same way as Seo does!
Nozaki's acting was also awesome!

Oct 9, 2014 8:55 AM

4/5

Episode that is unbelievable in the narrative, manages to surprise to the unpredictability of events and for the laughter that makes you do, even if the performance of the gag is not always the best.
I like the handling of the characters and the script.
Drawings and animations of a good standard.

Oct 9, 2014 8:29 PM

The episode was decent. It wasn't very funny, but the Seo Waka conversation more than made it up for me.

Oct 11, 2014 4:25 AM
Seo x Wakamatsu <3 That movie ahahaha. Seo's laugh was really cute. I want to hang out with a person like her~ She is awesome.
Hori x Kashima <3 She sucks at singing ahahaha. That Nozaki acting ahahaha.
Mikorin is amusing as always~

Oct 23, 2014 6:05 PM

Seo is pretty awesome! Laughing at all the blood and guts in the movie, lol.

Oct 24, 2014 9:34 AM

That date ... now Waka became a stalker.
Finally some action between Kashima and Mami...koshiba ** Jealous Kashima was cute :3

Nov 19, 2014 11:54 AM

Kashima singing was so funny!
Chiyo and Nozaki almost died. xD

Nov 27, 2014 10:20 PM

Mikoshiba in that outfit looked cool as hell.

Dec 1, 2014 9:07 AM
𝙆𝙖𝙠 𝙆𝙖𝙣 🍊

Seo at the movies was hilarious. Perfect movie partner imo.

Kashima seeks help from Seo, which causes Nozaki/Sakura to fall down xD.
Kashima's singing is like the Pokemon Hyper Voice move xD

Mikorin gets screen time at the end. He is paired with Kashima for the play. Leave it to Nozaki to decide to wear a yellow bear costume. He got Sakura all excited lol,

Dec 9, 2014 5:27 PM

The characters of this show are just great!

Feb 27, 2015 5:04 AM
Meh. Seo might be funny in her own way, but her character is way too off-putting to really enjoy it.

Mar 30, 2015 8:28 PM

Wakamatsu X Seo
Until now, he doesn't even know that she's great in singing. T_T
The way Kashima sings is hilarious. She is still hoping for Hori to notice her.
Give Nozaki an Oscar Award.
After having a good acting during the practice, Mikoshiba is back from his usual self. Hori notices that Mikoshiba is resemblance to Mamiko. Lolololol.

May 6, 2015 9:01 AM

Loved Waka and Seo in this episode.

May 11, 2015 2:44 AM

An episode devoted to the(possible?) budding relationships between Hori and Kashima and Wakamatsu and Seo. I probably enjoyed the movie scene most. It's funny how gender roles seem reversed between Wakamatsu and Seo. The series even playfully points it out with Nozaki's manga.

May 27, 2015 3:49 AM

I love how Nozaki used Waka and Seo's model as reference for his side characters in the shoujo manga.

Man, Seo is such a likeable character. Also gotta love her violent personality. :3

WakaSeo, KashimaHori OTPs are going strong in this episode!

Mami..koshiba. Hori's lines at these part were so funny.

May 31, 2015 11:59 AM

Seo laughing at every death lol poor Waka tho
LOL NOZAKI AS RUDOLF BEST CHARACTER IMO

Jun 14, 2015 10:14 PM
永遠の銀魂

Stark700 said:
Get ready those earplugs

I cry of laughter at this scene every time

Jul 5, 2015 6:59 PM

That movie and the different reactions of Seo and Wakamatsu lol
He tried so hard to find out a good side on Seo.

Haha at the theater scene (Nozaki such a monotone character and his bear costume xD)
Mikoshiba the perfect actor as it seems.

As always I laughed so much in this episode. >.<

Jul 27, 2015 1:28 AM

I like this episode because all the characters were present! lol at Mikorin hiding behind the curtains
Duterte did 9/11

Aug 13, 2015 11:21 AM

Um, why was the cinema empty except for Seo and Waka?! O_0

Sep 25, 2015 10:02 AM

Wakamatsu is one crazy guy xD And as always, loved Seo ^_^

I loved that "Mami...koshiba" part xD That was just too hilarious xD
Loved the episode :D

Nov 8, 2015 9:44 AM
The Stray

I like in the preview for the next episode that they're still talking about earplugs.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
_______

Nov 14, 2015 6:58 AM

Aw, Mikorin is slowly growing on me.

Dec 4, 2015 7:28 PM

Maerow said:
Never thought that Seo could be so cute.

ikr

And Mikorin... definitely my favourite character, best girl... or boy... or both.

4/5, not as funny as usual.

yea he did look kinda cute there.

palladia said:

I can definitely see some Wakamatsu/Seo romance, or just a close friendship, despite the differences in their personalities. Seo is so strange to Wakamatsu that he can't help but follow her everywhere, looking for something, anything that would give her a quality that he might deem normal. And Seo, social and extroverted, encourages the shy Wakamatsu to try new things because it's part of her personality. Additionally, there might be some manipulation involved- she knows that he is easygoing and will agree to almost anything. Seo contradicts the idea of the typical shoujo heroine, which is why she's a great foil for Sakura. She doesn't have much consideration for others, is very independent, and clearly doesn't really think about what others think of her. Sakura, on the other hand, is rather concerned about how she appears, especially to Nozaki-kun, and she works hard to please others and keep everyone happy, though it's not obviously evident at all points of this anime.

nah, you can't even call them friends. i just think they are...together sometimes. that's as much as i can put it atm.

Numens said:
Aw, Mikorin is slowly growing on me.

...he's the best character tho...
----
this was a good episode.

1st half:
lol, wearing clothes to itemidate her and it totally failed XD
he really needs to stop looking at those books for advice lol.

and that movie was terrible...absolutly horrible...o_o

"It doubles the thrill..." lol!

2nd half:

also kashima looks super cute here.

the singing scene was also funny. wasn't expecting something like that in a million years.

oh wow, perfect timing! so now he really won't know the true singer! i was kinda dreading he'd figure it out actually...

----
yay, more miko!

oh and i'm confused. does kashima actually like hori or does she still just want his attention so she can continue to rival him?

and hori screaming for the prince to win was just too funny!

and him mistaking miko for kashima was also a bit cute. he really loves her acting.

same here, sister.

Dec 22, 2015 3:02 PM

i wonder if waka will ever find out about seo.

Feb 14, 2016 3:08 PM

Kind of a boring one.

3/5

Apr 4, 2016 10:36 AM

Mikoshiba hahah and Wakamatsu :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 6, 2016 12:39 PM

Loved the episode! I hope Wakamatsu will find out in the next episode that Yuzuki is Lorelei. <3

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]