Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 8, 2014 5:42 AM

Dec 2013
The fight for armrest lmao
Lol at Mikorin
Good ep.
Sep 8, 2014 5:43 AM

May 2013
That show is just great.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Sep 8, 2014 6:01 AM

Oct 2013
epic episode
can't weait for next week!!!
love the coupling this show has !!!
[/quote]
Sep 8, 2014 6:05 AM

May 2013
This episode is teasing us in our ships. Did Waka knew that he and Yuzuki will go on a date? Why is Kashima jealous to Mami...koshiba just because Hori cheered for him?

Lmao, weird misunderstanding.

And Kashima's song... Yuzuki is ready for it. HAHA.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 8, 2014 6:24 AM

Dec 2013
LOL that bear. Omg. Hilarious. Falling down laughing. God Nozaki-kun is so funny.

That singing though lol. The short clips of death.

5/5. So funny.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 8, 2014 6:58 AM

Jul 2014
Damn ... the episode funny as always :v
Can't wait for next episode though

I hope this anime get a season 2
Sep 8, 2014 7:28 AM

Jul 2014
Mami....koshiba XD
Hori senpai sure is sharp for thinking about that so far :p
and just rofl at Nozaki wears that costume...poor Chiyo :p
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Sep 8, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2014
Seo was the best thing in this episode.
Sep 8, 2014 8:56 AM

May 2012
Mamik-Mikoshiba :)))
Sep 8, 2014 9:15 AM

Oct 2012
Seo's laugh.. Just wow xD
Seo x Wakamatsu
My true OTP xD

Finally, Mikoriinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!
He's an idiot, right?? xD

Mikorin = Mamiko, well that's right Mami.. Koshiba!!
The reset boy xD

Next episode, Chiyo's expressions awww xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 8, 2014 9:40 AM

Oct 2011
How can I love this so much?!! *u*
My two OTPs gets an episode. I love it, everything's so funny haha
Sep 8, 2014 10:03 AM

Jul 2010
Great episode as usual but not enough Mikorin, he's so cute and gullible and funny :3

I'm sad there are only 2 episodes left but the preview for next week seems fun as well so I hope they'll end the anime with a bang :)
Sep 8, 2014 10:31 AM
Mar 2012
Cratex said:
It looks like hearing her sing possibly rivals the pain of having to hear Vogon poetry.
It's probably what Vogon poetry is based on.

D'Aww Mikorin is so cute.

The fight between Kashima and Hori was cool. On one hand I just want them to get together already, on the other hand...
Sep 8, 2014 11:27 AM
Apr 2014
Can you imagine Kashima singing while Kotomi [CLANNAD] plays the violin? oh my god

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 8, 2014 12:16 PM
Jan 2011
Too plain......I don't even know where this ep is going.
Sep 8, 2014 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
Not bad, but previous episodes were much better
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 8, 2014 1:03 PM

Dec 2012
Hilarious episode~!!
Everyone is amazing & lmao "Mami...koshiba" <3
WakaxSeo date <333
Stark700 said:
Get ready those earplugs

I couldn't stop laughing lol

Cannot wait for next week!!
Sep 8, 2014 1:47 PM

Feb 2008
Kashima's singing was epic, the background music... She was awesome, as always. And Mikoshiba being his spineless self is hilarious on its own.
Sep 8, 2014 5:25 PM

Aug 2013
Awwn, Seo is such a softy. ''Wouhou! Look at them being slaughtered!!''
Well, who doesn't like seeing people die in a B movie?

Waka, you're such a stalker. But a cute stalker. So innocent.

Nozaki is still as great as acting. He also know his scenario very well, mmm mmm. Also, dat bear costume... xD
''He really do look like a bear now!''
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 8, 2014 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
It's hard to decide if Seo or Mikorin is best girl.
Sep 8, 2014 6:49 PM

Aug 2011
Seo is golden. This whole series is golden. Oh my gawds.
Sep 8, 2014 7:45 PM

May 2014
This is the best comedy series in existence, every episode has me crying laughing!
Sep 8, 2014 9:38 PM

Jan 2010
seo and wakamatsu perfect couple,
seo always want some thrill, she wants to date a boy with a GF, lol
seo face when laughing hahahhaha

nozaki make a spin off lol hahahahha

hori said about a guy have a guts and can stand out, why did they bring mikorin, i just expecting they put wakamatsu in the play
shast007Sep 8, 2014 9:41 PM
Sep 8, 2014 10:05 PM

Nov 2010
Reyxe said:
Can you imagine Kashima singing while Kotomi [CLANNAD] plays the violin? oh my god
Since Kashima basically is Nagisa, it's not as unlikely happening as you think.

Anyway, the romance teasing in this anime is simply beautiful: Teasing and hyping romance that great although the romance is barely there (or even almost not exist at all).
Sep 8, 2014 10:32 PM

Apr 2012
Kashima sound really bad even make screen becomes black and white lol.

Kashima acting with happy face XD
and Nozaki acting so Epic even can make new scenario and spinoff lol. XD

Sep 8, 2014 11:12 PM

Oct 2013
seo at the film

mami-koshiba :3
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Sep 9, 2014 2:54 AM

May 2013
Seo should invite Wakamatsu often. Seo wearing earplugs made me laugh hard. Can't handle Kashima's voice. Mikoshiba was perfect for that role. It was both Kashima and Mikoshiba combo. Wakamatsu still tries to find out something good about Seo. I can't believe he got that misunderstanding about her voice.
Sep 9, 2014 2:54 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode as always :)
love seo and Hirotaka so much.
and that ending with Mikorin........

next episode preivew kinda weird
with Sakura sitting on nozaki as a chair.

cant wait to see what actully going on.
Sep 9, 2014 4:32 AM

Jan 2014
SUGOI!! ♡♡
Sep 9, 2014 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
great episode, yet i am a bit concerned on how are they ending the season, cause there are only 2 episodes left, and thay still have to solve a lot of stuff, unless, of course, they do something unexpected, which itself is not so surprising since this is a pretty good and original show
Sep 9, 2014 8:21 AM

Jun 2014
I LOLed so hard when nozaki put on that costume. When he threw the sword away to get into the bear stance, i had to pause just so i can finish laughing
Sep 9, 2014 9:20 AM

Sep 2009
Mami-...koshiba LOLOL i shall call him Mami-...korin
Sep 9, 2014 9:41 AM

May 2009
"If only we had someone who is easily deceived, someone who'd jump at the chance if you asked him..." *Cue Nozaki, Chiyo and Kashima holding Mikorin* :D

And I loved Chiyo's expressions as Nozaki was about to get on stage, only to had her hopes crushed when he appeared in a bear costume. That girl is just too cute. <3

Also, Kashima got pissed when Hori cheered Mikorin Mamikoshiba on.

Wakamatsu and Seo make a good couple. A bit of an awkward pairing, but sill kinda cute. Funny how he misunderstood Kashima's godawful singing voice (which put Nozaki and Chiyo in pure agony) for Seo's.

"Quit now or practice a year, then quit." Seo is harsh, but brutally honest.

Speaking of Seo, I love the complete disconnect with the movie and how she should react to certain scenes.

BTW, Chiyo does know Nozaki based his secondary couple on Seo and Wakamatsu, right? She's basically wishing them together by how she reacts to the new manga storyline without hinting that she's aware of this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2014 1:38 PM

Mar 2009
ReaperCreeper said:
It's hard to decide if Seo or Mikorin is best girl.

I'm having the same problem!
Sep 10, 2014 11:00 PM

Mar 2014
Omg Mikorin hiding behind the curtain at the end xD
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 10, 2014 11:35 PM

Nov 2007
SeoWaka and HoriKashima~ OTP OTP
And Mikorin lol.

I don't what it is about this series but the characters are so bizarre with incredible flaws but are so lovable. Too bad Nozaki is so bland compared to everyone else.
Sep 11, 2014 6:20 PM

Apr 2014
Have I mentioned before how I love each character's personality in this series? Sakura is lighthearted and dreamy, but also surprisingly down to earth. Nozaki, for a shoujo manga artist, is strangely unperceptive of people's emotions unless he's purposely studying examples for manga. Mikorin [ or shall I say Mamikoshiba? ] comes off as the typical flirtatious womanizer, but turns out he's pretty far from that. Kashima seems independent, yet she still seeks out attention from her senpai, Hori, who likes to be the boss but is often uneasy about his decisions. Seo appears to be a daredevil who completely disregards others, yet she's social and has a more gentle side expressed in her singing. And Wakamatsu comes off as extremely shy and tentative, but he has a determination that you can't help but admire.

Though to be honest we haven't had too much character development that strays from those tropes, I think it's the mix of all of them that makes each episode hilarious. There's also that touch of the artist genius; I can relate to a lot of Nozaki's issues with his manga, and I think people who act or put on plays will be familiar with Hori's difficulties. I believe that if I was a manga artist, I would definitely be looking everywhere for inspiration.

But that's about the series as a whole. The intention, now, is to discuss this single episode.

I can definitely see some Wakamatsu/Seo romance, or just a close friendship, despite the differences in their personalities. Seo is so strange to Wakamatsu that he can't help but follow her everywhere, looking for something, anything that would give her a quality that he might deem normal. And Seo, social and extroverted, encourages the shy Wakamatsu to try new things because it's part of her personality. Additionally, there might be some manipulation involved- she knows that he is easygoing and will agree to almost anything. Seo contradicts the idea of the typical shoujo heroine, which is why she's a great foil for Sakura. She doesn't have much consideration for others, is very independent, and clearly doesn't really think about what others think of her. Sakura, on the other hand, is rather concerned about how she appears, especially to Nozaki-kun, and she works hard to please others and keep everyone happy, though it's not obviously evident at all points of this anime.

And let's talk about the other two, Hori and Kashima! Kashima really wants to please Hori, though I can't say for sure whether it's due to her having romantic feelings for him, or just wanting to impress her senpai. Because so much of her life consists of acting, Kashima feels a pertinent need to mold herself to others' expectations, and when people seem disappointed by her actions, it really devastates her. However, she is a good people-reader and can tell what most people [ except Hori ] want from her.

I'm most definitely looking forward to next episode, and more Mamokorin.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Sep 12, 2014 1:46 PM

May 2009
Lovely to see so many of the cast in one episode. Though at some times I thought it was a bit boring. I'm wondering how they will work out the (one-sided?) love betweeen Sakura and Nozaki.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 13, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
Best movie date ever.

Mikorin xD
Sep 13, 2014 10:24 PM

Oct 2013
This anime always makes me laugh xD
Sep 13, 2014 10:42 PM

Jan 2013
Tanuki overload this episode.
I really liked the scene under the umbrella, pretty classic trope with a twist.
Sep 14, 2014 1:39 AM

Dec 2013
I loved everything! ~
When Kashima and Seo are in the ep then I'm sure that it will be funny! ♥
[/url]
Sep 15, 2014 3:51 AM

Dec 2011
Nozaki sure was lucky that Seo invited Wakamatsu to a movie and he can get his reference material XD.

Wakamatsu... give up and surrender the armrest to Seo already, you can't win.

LOL, only Wakamatsu was moved by the movie since Seo was expressionless until the guns started firing and people started dying...

Seo sure is freaking hilarious XD.

Wakamatsu sacrificed himself for good of others T.T

Kashima sure has a lot of different talents :/

Tone deaf eh... RIP Nozaki's, Chiyo's and Seo's ears T.T

Dat misunderstanding on Wakamatsu's part XD.

LOL, the fight was rather but Nozaki spoiled everything with his terrible acting...

Dat costume doe...

I just knew Mikorin was the one they were going to call and fool XD.

Hahaha, Hori realized that Mikorin's the model for Mamiko's character.

Mami...koshiba!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 16, 2014 11:05 PM

Aug 2013
Never have I shipped a couple so hard....

Wakamatsu is such a good character, wish most MC's in anime were like him lol
him and Seo are the best.

Actually, there really isn't an unlikable character out of the whole cast!
Loving this series so far, definitely a favorite
Sep 18, 2014 6:08 PM

Jun 2013
Hillarious episode as always :)
Sep 21, 2014 10:59 AM

Nov 2008
Sometimes I cry because this show is so beautiful and perfect.

Not just out of respect for the life & times of Nozaki-kun, but also out of pity for all the other shows.

Their asses aren't this divine.
Sep 23, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2012
Seo is awesome hahaha

This show makes me laugh every time :)
Sep 27, 2014 4:50 PM

Oct 2013
Why was Seo a bad person for telling her friend she saw her boyfriend holding hands with someone else? Seems like that's something you should do for a friend. o_o

I like how I started off hating Seo but now I'm upset she's not prominent enough.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 29, 2014 4:24 AM

May 2010
Not a misunderstanding again when there's already so many! Now Waka thinks Seo is a bad singer...

Nozaki, you are awesome at acting. The master.

Mikorin is so me! You have to get him used to you again and again (tho in my case, it depends on my mood 90 percent of time)
Sep 30, 2014 7:11 AM

Jun 2011
Seo loves dem blood and gore, need more splatters.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JUMP-Senshi - Sep 21, 2014

509 by Stratocaslyn »»
Apr 16, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

199 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 26, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

186 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 5, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

150 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Jan 24, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2014

183 by bakakisima »»
Jan 24, 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.