Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2009 10:24 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tomahomme appearing in Miaka's world in the end is a bit too exagerated.
Mar 19, 2010 5:59 PM

Apr 2008
When I first saw this anime 10 years ago, I cried when Tamahome appeared to Miaka at the end. I still cry today at that moment. It's so nicely done.
Mar 20, 2010 9:40 AM

Jun 2009
duotrouble said:
When I first saw this anime 10 years ago, I cried when Tamahome appeared to Miaka at the end. I still cry today at that moment. It's so nicely done.
Yeah that was a good anime :-)
Apr 18, 2010 10:13 PM

Sep 2008
after watching this series for my hundredth or so time, i still have to admit FY is still one of the best stories/anime to come out

meneope said:

although watching tamohome being reborn was a bit over the top, your forgetting this is shoujo, so you'd want at least a happy and tearful end
Jun 23, 2010 3:11 PM

Aug 2008
I remember I started this back in 2004, took me 6 years to get round to the ending.
It was so much better for me back then. I wept buckets when Nuriko died, now I didn't really feel anything when I rewatched this series. The humor is still intact and beautifully executed though.

It's a good shoujo series but it doesn't stand the test of time imo.
Jul 3, 2010 3:48 PM

Apr 2010
It was okay but when I heard ppl died in that movie i sort of felt sad and i'm like ik she ain't dead they gotta be alive but they were already dead and reincarnated
Oct 1, 2010 1:11 PM

May 2010
Pretty good, but unfortunatley I already knew Tamahome someone got back into Miaka's world, so I wasn't really surprised. God, Internet, keep series ending to yourself for once!
Feb 10, 2011 9:16 PM

Aug 2010
meneope said:

I highly disagree. I think it was perfect, and matched the whole feeling of the show. It was a perfect ending.

Now I'm off to watch the OVAs.

Jul 21, 2011 1:16 PM

Mar 2011
Huh. I was actually hoping for a bit of an Inu. ending. Thats too bad. I actually found myself so frustrated through some of the parts. But by the end, I was attached to the Suzaku Seven and the family, brother & friend. (Not too happy with Yui though.) <Never really liked her. Ahh. So many lives were lost, I was so shocked to find the realism in the plot and how they kept on to the actual reality of their world. Not throwing in new spells or miracles to save everyone. Happy with the ending, how he came back to her and he actually REMEMBERED her. The rings were good too ;)

All in all, not the BEST in my opinion, but still worth watching! Enjoyed it! ( 8/10 )
LoonyLimboAug 25, 2011 4:19 PM
Aug 14, 2011 7:06 AM

Jun 2009
darkerealm said:
I remember I started this back in 2004, took me 6 years to get round to the ending.
It was so much better for me back then. I wept buckets when Nuriko died, now I didn't really feel anything when I rewatched this series. The humor is still intact and beautifully executed though.

It's a good shoujo series but it doesn't stand the test of time imo.

I know what you mean - I felt nostalgic too when I watched Sailor Moon and saint Seiya. It does somehow trigger something in you when you have watched it as a kid although you look at it from a different eyes now.
May 27, 2012 10:12 PM

Nov 2009
i knew as soon as tamahome said that he existed somewhere in her world that it would end like this. i like it.

i was really pissed by nuriko dying tho since he was my favorite character so im giving this 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2012 5:43 PM

Dec 2008
Ugh! I never thought it was possible for an anime to be annoying and good at the same time. I almost dropped this show numerous times because of Yui's stupidity and gullible nature and Miaka's airheaded silliness and gluttony. However, those two issues aside, the show definitely had some serious tear-jerking moments.

If I would've been the author, Yui would not have been so easily forgiven...if at all. This whole thing was all her fault. So many people died on both sides because she was so damn jealous, vengeful, and stupid! I'd make her pay for the rest of her life and go insane from guilt. 7/10
Apr 22, 2013 3:36 AM
May 2012
the ending is justifiable enough for the anime....

Jul 16, 2014 4:14 AM

Jul 2014
I read the manga years ago and I loved it, but I never completed it.
Now that I watched the anime I felt such strong nostalgia, but I still didn't know what would happen. It was perfect. xD

This anime has its flaws, but it doesn't matter. It's magical and emotional anyway. :')
I was afraid that the ending would be Miaka meeting a whole new Tamahome in her world, but that he wouldn't remember the memories or even be the same person as the fictional Tamahome. I'm so happy that I was wrong. That he came to her world, the same old wonderful Tamahome with all his memories intact.. was perfect.

Still crying.
Dec 28, 2014 11:47 PM

Jul 2014
I watched Fushigi Yuugi when I was around 12 years old... I still remember the general story but the finer details are lost to me. I re-watched it recently and found that I still love it as much as I did before!

The ending wrapped up nicely enough albeit incompletely (or rather, unbelievably). I'm glad Tamahome and Miaka ended up together despite the odds but I still kept thinking "I thought it's impossible for them to be together?" since this was supposedly one wish the Four Gods could never fulfill... but it happened anyway. :p It made me think that they just said "screw it" to the fact that he's not supposed to be able to live in the real world and just made it happen to keep the romance going and the viewers happy.... this is also why I'm grateful for the OVAs. They weren't the best but I was grateful for the story since it reached a more believable conclusion as to how Tamahome and Miaka managed to end up together in the real world.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Feb 23, 2015 12:34 AM

Jul 2011
I started watching it last 2003, but wasn't able to finished it. Good thing I decided to have marathon last day when it was aired again. Great love story indeed! (with lots of breaks up tho lol)

So happy for Yui and Miaka <3
If I became a Hunter, I can catch all my family member and sell them for high price
Jul 13, 2015 9:28 AM
Jul 2015
I can't believe that it has been 10 years ago since I first saw this anime back when I was living in Asia . A couple of friends introduced it to me and I'm glad they did. Up until this very day, fy is one of my favorite anime. The tears flow every single time nuriko and the others die , It's a very good story and it never disappoints me ! Even after all those year , I watch and enjoy
Oct 2, 2015 9:15 PM
Oct 2015
I think it was 8-10 years ago since i've watched this series. I love it. love the ending because they still made it together.
Nov 8, 2015 7:28 AM

Aug 2013
iirc the first and last time I watched this was around 10 years ago (or more? idk) and I never really understood much of the story since it was on TV and there were episodes that I definitely missed plus, I never really got to see the ending of this series. Re-watched it from episode 1-52 and I bawled my eyes out from crying on this last episode. ;u; It will always be one of my favorite animes.
Mar 30, 2016 10:43 PM

Jan 2015
What a ride! I feel like went through a rollcoaster of emotions. When I started watching this I never heard of it before so I was happy to consider it a fun trashy soap but man! did it get grate my nerves but I couldn't give it up. There is something very addictive and annoying about this series all at the same time.

As for the ending, I approve! The way homeboy declared his love for Miaka makes sense in this anime for him to move hell and high water to be a real person in her world.

Nakago, you son of a bitch! I hated you and loved you all at the same time. I was kind sad he died.

All in all, very entertaining for good and for bad lol.
Jun 3, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2011
It's almost 8 years since I finished, but the story is still residing in my mind. I was really addicted with this anime at that time. I'll check out the ovas soon.

Oct 28, 2016 3:28 PM

Apr 2009
...it's finally here... the end =w=
.....but if memory serves me right, it deviated from the manga somewhere around 40-ish somewhere?
but it was many years since i read the manga, so i don't really know ^_^'

ahah, yeah... there's a small war going on with blonde boy in the center ^_^'
...lazors?

"we have to give our lifeforce..." -but you're all dead..?
well, the majority of you?

eee-hahaha, sucks to be you ri-..... what's that smile about..?
woah- five soldiers, one woman, that's pretty harsh.
and speaking of harsh... goddamn. -did that happen or did they actually leave him alone _<D?

...interesting end.
interesting..
inter-esting...
ugh,

oh- yeah, i suppose that explains a lot.
the fugh- kittys?
...you look different, all of a sudden, baba?
wait- i thought you were a woman, eh? eh?

ahhh-...... hah. ...that was.. kinda sad ^_^'

oh. i almost expected it to be his weird friend there..
-how... could he have kept that ring..?

anyho- another anime done. ...time to see if i wanna watch the OVAs now, ahah....
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jan 2, 2017 6:46 AM

May 2014
Watched this when I was in my elementary years. Rewatched the whole thing when I was in my third year high school. Casually rewatching some eps after that. And then rewatched the whole thing now that I'm almost about to graduate from college. I really do agree that this anime stands the test of time. It is one of the best written works out there. Only anime that I got toooo emotionally attached to the characters‒especially Nuriko. I wasn't able to check the OVAs back then, I'm off to watch them now :)

I still love the ending as ever. I cried and had goosebumps when I watched it way back. I wish I could rewatch this series after drinking Amiboshi's tea of forgetfulness though, since I already knew the ending I wasn't surprised very much and I wanted to get that feeling back T___T I wish I could watch this the same way as I did when I first watched it. I just love how unpredictable the events in this series was, I wont probably encounter any other series as good as this one. 10/10

Note: (12,14,15,18,20,21,22,23,27,29,30,31,33,42,43,45,46,48,49,51,52)
violityJan 7, 2017 7:24 AM
Jan 14, 2017 8:38 AM
Jan 2017
How come miaka and yui are still alive? What kind of BS is that a character from a book who didn't die but resurrected as a real person in the real world? What the use of redeeming the irredemable evil bastard nakago? Plot and story are good but the characters are fucking annoying.
Feb 5, 2017 7:48 PM
Dec 2014
Ah such a touching ending.

And I don't think the villain got redeemed. They showed how he became a villain. Most people want to think in black and white but if the world treats you like a doormat well the cycle of hatred and violence will continue... It's why in our world we have social services and child protection agencies. So that nobody ever has to watch their mother get gang raped by soldiers.
Jul 25, 2017 11:20 AM
Sep 2016
This was my first harem anime, reverse or otherwise, and it's set a very high bar for future watching. Yui and Miaka (TAMAHOME!) are believably silly, bitchy and essentially kind 15-year olds from start to finish, and the futures of both worlds seem bright.

So of course the OVAs are going to screw things up with more love triangles, clashes between cosmic forces and generally wild stuff. Can't wait!
Aug 28, 2017 2:54 AM

Mar 2011
I'll always love this anime ♥
May 20, 2019 3:18 PM
Jan 2017
sooo over all I LOVED this anime. There were parts that seemed a bit shaky like how Yui's character was all outta whack but they did give a decent explanation for that which I'm surprised to see from a 90's anime. I expecte dthem to say, oh yeah nakago lied to you once and you threw a loooong hissy fit over nothing or she was being "brainwashed" by some kind of magic.
so the fact it didnt go all stereotypical was great.

furthermore, I like how early in the anime they adressed how everyone was a story book character and therefore not real I feel too many animes just ignore that fact and go He's real to me!

but the anime's not perfect what with mainly chichiri's annoying catchphrase "dont 'cha know" that sends flash backs of that annoying villian from Wedding Peach. not to mention the whole "flash back episode" midway into the anime.
and I also found it a tad cliqhed that almost all 7 warriors dropped like flies almost 1 episode after the other once one of them died all to comeback as ghosts for 1 final battle

Plus this anime actually had me symphatize w/ the villian, not because of his past but before that when he said "all I want is to create my own world much like how you wanted to escape your world" it all sounded perfectly reasonable and unlike the typically power hungry god complexer.

that being said I felt the ending though was perfect. Miyaka was selfless up to the very end and surprisngly mature. She passed her exam and she got tamahome, because with all the story invested into their relationship they NEEDED to have them end up together.
Apr 29, 2021 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
ah well, this was fun :)
Feb 26, 2022 6:47 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
Very good series! This actually made my top five it was so good! Now was a big confused on a couple points with Tamahome, first of all, why is his family in heaven with him at a western Christian style wedding? (aren’t they supposed to be from an ancient Chinese world?)

Well I’ll leave it at that since I don’t wanna nitpick. It was great for all of the dead Suzaku characters to be able to use bodies, via that old lady and her powers. Not just a fight, but to bid Miaka and the other farewell afterwards.

Oh, and I’m also wondering how Tamahome was able to come back there in the end. Oh well, I guess I’ll find out when I watch the 3 OVA series.
May 19, 2022 11:22 PM

May 2010
darkerealm said:
It was so much better for me back then.

Honestly, I'm watching this first time as an old mofo, and this makes sense. If I watched this series 10 years ago, it would have been something profound and meaningful to me. Jaded as I am now, it has way less impact. It's a show that is perfect for the audience, and I'm not in the audience anymore, but I can still see how good it is.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 19, 2022 4:46 PM

Jul 2014
This anime was good! but also really annoying! how is that even possible?... The constant breaking up and getting back together was beyond annoying after a while, they actually broke up / ran away from each other a total of 9 times, you would think Miaka and Tamahome would know better than that after a couple of times but...

Besides that, it was a pretty decent anime! the plot was entertaining and most characters were likeable, cried rivers when Nuriko died, definitely an emotional roller coaster.
Also the ending song is so catchy! gonna be listening to it for a while!

Oct 23, 2022 8:23 AM
May 2022
Shojo bastante interesante
Apr 10, 2023 5:34 AM

Dec 2020
how does the author make a story that is so annoying, yet so good and entertaining?!?! still haven't wrapped my head around it. either way, i really enjoyed the ride, even though it took some time. definitely remember the annoyances, grievances, and fun this show gave me

(also... there is no platonic explanation between tamahome's and nakago's last and all exchanges brooo... also, why does a lot of pretty, blond boys remind me of ash... like nakago had a sad backstory and i assume got raped?? maybe they are based of the real pretty boy, forgot the name of.... besides, i loved and hated nakago, wished i could only hate him, but i can't)

anyway, loved this show, 10/10 (jk... but in my heart, sure it is)
Sep 15, 2023 3:15 AM
Mar 2019
How annoying is it to scream Tamahome so many times per episodes??
Oct 20, 2023 11:25 AM

Jun 2020
A wonderful ending! Even though this anime has its own flaw, the characters and the moments in this anime still holds it up well. It tests your patience for sure at most times, but your perseverance will lead to an awesome payoff.

A Overall 8/10 Anime to me.
Nov 21, 2023 12:27 PM
Aug 2021
damn too bad its ended

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 21 Discussion

Gilraina - Nov 10, 2009

5 by Emmuhzx »»
Mar 31, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 9 Discussion

meneope - Aug 24, 2009

11 by Emmuhzx »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 51 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Sep 29, 2010

9 by suaee »»
Jan 16, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 44 Discussion

meneope - Oct 16, 2009

16 by suaee »»
Jan 15, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 43 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Sep 26, 2010

9 by suaee »»
Jan 15, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.