Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2014 11:33 AM

Jun 2013
plushkin said:
rl1dragon said:
In the scene with Kirito and Sinon in the cave having a serious talk, A-1 still manages to put some Sinon butt crack into a serious moment. Can't stop noticing that butt crack after someone mentioned it. Thanks a lot who ever it was.

You watched it! You can't unwatch it! Stay tuned for more ...
TALES
OF
INTEREST!!!

I said "Booty shot" at least 10 times.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 6, 2014 11:36 AM

Jul 2012
Couple of points to make:

1. I was reminded last week on another forum that the Hei Shing (Black Star) is like one of the crappiest modern guns being manufactured today. It's made in China with a ridiculously high chance of misfiring.

"If you wanted to kill a public servent, I suggest you buy American" -Harvey Dent

2. Gigguk's review of SAO season 1 is very apt here in terms of characterization.

"the show would have been a lot more interesting if only the female characters weren't so useless without their f@#$ing boyfriend" -Gigguk

3. Sinon's buttcrack and GunnerX's nippled bikini...I'm not sure what A-1 Pictures is trying to do here -_-
Like they want us to take the show seriously, but on the other hand, they kind of don't?

3/5 episode for me. Like others have said, the chase scene was a heck of a lot scarier for me when I read it. It was a pretty predictable episode from the cliffhanger last week. When they reached the cave, I knew they were going to have "the talk". Seems like whenever there's a cave in a story, it's a down time for exposition and/or character development =P
Sep 6, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
too.many.sinon's.flag.raised.this.episode o.0

nice episode as always, and kirito's developing new member for his harem -_-
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Sep 6, 2014 11:41 AM

Jul 2012
Dimitrije1606 said:
plushkin said:

You watched it! You can't unwatch it! Stay tuned for more ...
TALES
OF
INTEREST!!!

I said "Booty shot" at least 10 times.

Now that you mention it, didn't this also happen in season 1? They drew low angle butt shots as if they were afraid the dialogue wouldn't keep our interest or something
Sep 6, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
0 developement and unecessary drama imo
whatever, i just wanted to see a bit more action
Sep 6, 2014 11:50 AM
Sep 2012
Things are taking a turn to become even worse in the future, regarding relationships between characters.

I can't help but feel sorry for Asuna and Kyouji. I don't like the way things are going even one bit, because it can only lead to a freaking mess, just like last season. u.u'
Sep 6, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Wait how did they get Gunner and Musketeer mixed up? Kinda liked this episode, although it is getting annoying with Kirito and Sinon repeating the same story over and over. I like Sinon. I mean it isn't really showing that she's into him (although she obviously will because every girl Kirito meets falls for him), but just that they are really good friends for now. Nice how they could pour their secrets to each other. Better than Asuna, seems like Sinon is closer and Kirito is more comfortable with her? Don't really care about this Death Gun business. Wish it was a better plot, but guess it's the manga's fault.
Sep 6, 2014 11:59 AM
Nov 2009
Too much drama but iz all good.

Sinon will probably get depressed again when she finds out Kirito is already taken lol.
Sep 6, 2014 12:01 PM

Aug 2009
-Resident- said:

The drama was way too overdramatic for me to handle, which resulted in constant cringes during the episode.

This and it felt really long-winded. I thought it was good character development but they spent the entire episode dealing with Sinon. I would have liked a bit more out of this episode. It seemed really slow to me as well.

Sep 6, 2014 12:02 PM
Aug 2014
3/5 episode

At this point I wish Sinon would... just go away... shes just slowing everything down, theres no beautfiul romance like there was with Asuna and I just cant relate with her character.
Sep 6, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
I don't understand if the others are always watching them or not...
Anyways, good episode, but they are forcing the talk again.
Sep 6, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2009
awww sinon so kawaii. did she just propose to kirito? BWHAHAHA.
the harem expands once again.
Sep 6, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2012
As others have stated, this episode had a lot of cringe worthy moments.
Sep 6, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2014
wtf is wrong with sinon? rejecting who loves her and then proposing a guy who looks like a girl in the game?
Sep 6, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2010
Too much talking.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 6, 2014 12:44 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
There's something that annoys about SAO, and it's that you have these awesome fighting women, that get reduced to damsels in distress and Kirito has to come to the rescue. It's be refreshing if just for once, it was the other way around.

Anyways, Sinon has her breakdown moment. I hope there's not too many of those and they can become the tag team we've been waiting for.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 6, 2014 12:50 PM

Jun 2013
Thoughts on the episode:

-By dragging out execution sequences to build tension you actually destroy tension because nobody is fooled
-Side note, but if hiding in the cave stops satellite scans, that'd make it really fucking annoying for the last guy left if they did just wait it out in the cave. 3 week tournament incoming ;P
-"I'm already involved with you" "Protect me forever" I know it's not meant this way, but it ends up feeling like a dirty joke than a moving moment.
-Also, Shinon crying out her past with Kirito is made hilarious when you consider that the world is likely spectating. Good thing Asuna already got off to find his boss :3
-Shinon hitting cardboard Kirito. Seriously his expression and position doesn't change a bit as she punches him. Not an issue, just a little comical.
-Oh please, little kids are not going to ostracize for shooting a fucking druggy who tried to kill her mother. If anything she'd more likely be an unhappy celebrity.
-Can't log out during the tournament. What a coincidence, especially considering they could resign earlier in the tournament. Fuck you, writers.
-I'm confused. So they figured out death gun's IGN at this point, so is the tournament at this point anything more than damage control? They can't do anything to him other than knock him out of the tournament, and it's not like he's less dangerous outside the tournament than inside (probably moreso because at least they KNOW where he is atm). I can't see this ending any other way than them somehow getting his gun and shooting him with it...

Decent episode, still curious to see how it concludes.
Sep 6, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
Confucius said:
Too much talking.

Character development, mate. What the first season lacked.
Sep 6, 2014 12:59 PM

Mar 2009
Silly episode this week. All of a sudden, Sinon starts breaking down, and she can't even fire her gun without Kirito's help. She's a weak, helpless girl and now needs Kirito's protection! Here we go again! I'm having Asuna flashbacks.
Sep 6, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2012
lol someone on the internet made this comment that I have to quote it

"I knew it wasn't Death Gun because it was a woman. Also, because she looked nothing at all like Death Gun. But more importantly, because she was a woman, and Death Gun isn't. I think. Maybe. Actually, I have no idea, do I?"

It's not like we can tell Death Gun's gender cuz of the mask and cloak, but we just assumed he's male, right? Were women not allowed in the murder guild?
Sep 6, 2014 1:00 PM
Apr 2014
Abhishantz said:
wtf is wrong with sinon? rejecting who loves her and then proposing a guy who looks like a girl in the game?

She's not proposing or anything, she just doesn't feel someone could love her because she thinks of herself as a murderer, its just that, probably she fears nobody would be with her for what she did.

That aside, I just can't come to love or like this episode as the ones before, Im kinda frustrated in fact, was waiting for those scenes but idfk, they felt too forced, not even talking about the chase that was such a disappointment, this ep didn't make any justice to the LN, maybe that part when Sinon was crying but doesn't make up for the rest of it...
ReyxeSep 6, 2014 1:04 PM

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 6, 2014 1:04 PM

Oct 2011
UGH,this episode........the drama in this show just makes me facepalm so freaking hard.Get this bullshit out of my mindless entertainment.Just give me the action the one good thing of this show.

I need to hit my head with a brick now.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 6, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
ahh, that nice scene at the end <3. it was heartwarming to hear them talk about their pasts, though, i wouldn't ship them
Sep 6, 2014 1:08 PM
Apr 2014
NickTheGreek3 said:
Confucius said:
Too much talking.

Character development, mate. What the first season lacked.

SAO1 is shit, there's no character development
>SAO2 is pure talking

Oh god the internet.

Sep 6, 2014 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode, I can't bring myself to feel bad for any of them though. I dunno why.
Sep 6, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2008
I should really stop caring for the games mechanics but I really can't, maybe it's the inner gamer in me.

I kinda doubt I can get a real answer unless it was specifically answered in the novel but does anyone know anything about the horse and the vehicles in the game? Sinon specifically stated the horse is better off land terrain but it still manages catch up to Kirito and Sinon while on the vehicle on the road.... what? If the horse is equal speed to the bike but more 'difficult' to ride than the 'already difficult' bike that Sinon also stated back several episodes ago, then man, what a really pointless mount to put in a game. I'm feeling I'll just get a reply about weight.

Some things were a bit too convenient in this episode but the only one I was really bothered by was the mounts and the fact Sinon knows about the hiding ability which I would assume others do too yet no one else uses it.
Sep 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
Paul said:
I should really stop caring for the games mechanics but I really can't, maybe it's the inner gamer in me.

I kinda doubt I can get a real answer unless it was specifically answered in the novel but does anyone know anything about the horse and the vehicles in the game? Sinon specifically stated the horse is better off land terrain but it still manages catch up to Kirito and Sinon while in the vehicle with on the road.... what? If the horse is equal speed to the bike but more 'difficult' to ride than the 'already difficult' bike that Sinon also stated back several episodes ago, then man, what a really pointless mount to put in a game. I'm feeling I'll just get a reply about weight.

Some things were a bit too convenient in this episode but the only one I was really bothered by was the mounts.

Somewhat similar to the inability to log out, despite resigning being allowed earlier in the tournament, a lot of mechanics points seem to apply at the writers discretion more than with any real degree of consistency.
Sep 6, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
Sinon, fnck off, he has a girlfriend. =_= With all this 'drama' they did a little over the top.
Sep 6, 2014 1:18 PM
Sep 2014
urm.I cant find the manga for Gun Gale Arc.I know it's against the rules to share URLS but please message me the URL OF Manga on my Facebook/Twitter.
T.I.A.
Sep 6, 2014 1:19 PM

Jun 2013
Quirkiness101 said:
Thoughts on the episode:

-By dragging out execution sequences to build tension you actually destroy tension because nobody is fooled
-Side note, but if hiding in the cave stops satellite scans, that'd make it really fucking annoying for the last guy left if they did just wait it out in the cave. 3 week tournament incoming ;P
-"I'm already involved with you" "Protect me forever" I know it's not meant this way, but it ends up feeling like a dirty joke than a moving moment.
-Also, Shinon crying out her past with Kirito is made hilarious when you consider that the world is likely spectating. Good thing Asuna already got off to find his boss :3
-Shinon hitting cardboard Kirito. Seriously his expression and position doesn't change a bit as she punches him. Not an issue, just a little comical.
-Oh please, little kids are not going to ostracize for shooting a fucking druggy who tried to kill her mother. If anything she'd more likely be an unhappy celebrity.
-Can't log out during the tournament. What a coincidence, especially considering they could resign earlier in the tournament. Fuck you, writers.
-I'm confused. So they figured out death gun's IGN at this point, so is the tournament at this point anything more than damage control? They can't do anything to him other than knock him out of the tournament, and it's not like he's less dangerous outside the tournament than inside (probably moreso because at least they KNOW where he is atm). I can't see this ending any other way than them somehow getting his gun and shooting him with it...

Decent episode, still curious to see how it concludes.

Well, I agree for the most part, but still, you got it wrong about killing a thief. She was still 11 year old child who KILLED a guy. We know that war veterans can get PTSD, what do you thing would happen to 11 year old child. If we try to rationalize it, sure you are right, but humas have something which can get in the way of rationalization- emotions. That is pretty much what happened here. And about being bullied, for as far as I can remember, kids tried to bully me for most stupid and random things. I am sure this is more then enough material for them to bully her around.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 6, 2014 1:23 PM

Jun 2013
Dimitrije1606 said:

Well, I agree for the most part, but still, you got it wrong about killing a thief. She was still 11 year old child who KILLED a guy. We know that war veterans can get PTSD, what do you thing would happen to 11 year old child. If we try to rationalize it, sure you are right, but humas have something which can get in the way of rationalization- emotions. That is pretty much what happened here. And about being bullied, for as far as I can remember, kids tried to bully me for most stupid and random things. I am sure this is more then enough material for them to bully her around.

No no I understand why SHE would be traumatized, but the kids shitting on her for it? I grant that kids can be assholes over nothing, just seemed far-fetched at first glance.
Sep 6, 2014 1:25 PM

Oct 2013
Well Sinon was quite kawaii and charming. Yeah fine emotional episode
Sep 6, 2014 1:28 PM

Mar 2014
Well looks like Kirito finally broke Sinon and added another member to his harem. It must be pretty awkward and funny to see that whole thing broadcast to all your friends. Luckily Asuna wasn't watching or she'd be pretty angry.
Sep 6, 2014 1:32 PM
Apr 2014
Quirkiness101 said:
Dimitrije1606 said:

No no I understand why SHE would be traumatized, but the kids shitting on her for it? I grant that kids can be assholes over nothing, just seemed far-fetched at first glance.

What is they didn't know the reason? as far as I know, Sinon didn't tell anyone about that, probably some kid heard about it on the street and started to push her away, then told the other kids and bullying began, just like it happened in the actual story timeline.

Sep 6, 2014 1:40 PM

Mar 2014
Of course Death is riding on a horse. Glad to see Sinon is getting lots of development.
Zanos1Sep 6, 2014 1:44 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 6, 2014 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
Sooo... they fighting Death-kun together for real now, I guess?

I'm no longer enjoying the episodes more and more like I was a few weeks ago, since the beginning, but it's still quite good. Hoping to see an exciting arc ending now.
Sep 6, 2014 1:47 PM
Apr 2014
They nailed the best scene in the GGO arc.

Loved this ep.
Sep 6, 2014 1:50 PM

Jun 2013
Reyxe said:
Quirkiness101 said:

What is they didn't know the reason? as far as I know, Sinon didn't tell anyone about that, probably some kid heard about it on the street and started to push her away, then told the other kids and bullying began, just like it happened in the actual story timeline.

Exactly. It is not like they lived in Tokyo or some major city. Sinon even stated it was a small place. If something like that happened in small place, I am quite sure that it wouldn't stay a secret.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 6, 2014 1:54 PM

Apr 2014
How slow can the pacing get!?
Sep 6, 2014 1:55 PM

Jan 2014
Good episode. Ending gave me goosebumps, when Kirito where telling SAO story, reminds me epic moments.
Sep 6, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Well that was a fun feels trip. Can't wait till next episode.
Sep 6, 2014 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
Thimolimo said:
How slow can the pacing get!?

Better slow than inconsistent, I say. This alone is what makes SAO II far better than SAO
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 6, 2014 1:59 PM
Jul 2014
So in the episode we see the drama in details and that's all. Boring. We already know Sinon is little girl afraid of guns, no need to mention that 100 times in 1 episode.

1/5.
Sep 6, 2014 2:06 PM

Jun 2014
torridestcheese said:
Great episode. Sinon's flag has been raised. Emotions everywhere.

I love SAO, however this arc feels so slow and uneventful. There was what, 2 actual fights so far? One with Sinon, and Kirito's first match. I wish he would just fight Death Gun already. It's a bit annoying to get that, "Oh shit, somethings going to happen!" at the end of every episode but somehow wiggle away from it in the first few seconds. For example, the cliffhanger last week, but in the first minute or so all Kirito does is retrieve Sinon and run away. I wanted him to attack, damnit! Oh well. Hopefully the next episode will actually have something awesome going down. Maybe Asuna finding out about Kirito's little job?
The main fight is just around the corner. They are just building it up. Next episode will probably feature Asuna finding out and maybe the fight will start(which maybe becomes a cliffhanger)
Sep 6, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2013
mrmariokartguy said:
They nailed the best scene in the GGO arc.

Loved this ep.

Good God, I hope the best scene wasn't in this episode...

I mean the episode wasn't bad, but it didn't have anything spectacular either

reyxe said:

I mean, so the fact that she shot someone would leak out, but the circumstances surrounding it wouldn't? It's not stuff like that can't happen, but it just feels contrived.
Sep 6, 2014 2:15 PM

Dec 2011
This episode felt so long... but I am glad they opened up to each other... and hopefully battle Death Gun in a no holds barred battle. This arc I estimate will still last for at least about 3 episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 2:18 PM

Jan 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZEPUZ6UIUY

Worth to check. Explains some things
Sep 6, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
I was kind of sitting there waiting for Sinon to stop crying. It just felt too forced. I didn't feel the slightest thing for her because they've overdone the flashbacks/backstory for both Sinon and Kirito. I mean, after seeing them thousands of times, you kind of get sick of it, you know?
Nop.
Sep 6, 2014 2:27 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode even though I saw (like the rest of us) what was coming but it was still great to see her open up about her past and Kirito sympathizing with her by telling his story.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.