Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 4:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow. That got a bit crazy but at the same time, I think Wada is dead serious about it.
Sep 6, 2014 4:02 PM

Dec 2009
So Nao needs to be with Akiyama so she can see through people's lies? Because right now she is like in the beginning... completely guileless.
Sep 6, 2014 10:07 PM

Nov 2012
Well...I hope this is going to turn out better than it has right now.
Sep 7, 2014 1:00 PM

May 2014
Pretty disappointing chapter. This feels like something straight out of the early rounds.

By the way, do we even know the ultimate distribution of the prize money among the winning team? For example, there might be a further game among the winning team to determine the true winner of the Liar Game. Wada's "genius" plan hinges on whether he can actually get the money, but if Yokoya gets a chance to grab the money for himself, he will do so.

Really, these side characters blindly trusting Yokoya is getting old.
Sep 8, 2014 2:39 AM

May 2014
darkreaver94 said:
For distribution of prize money, most likely it is based on the amount of money that they are holding right now. Remember the human auction game?
Do you mean proportional to their current funds? That would be pretty random. If it's distributed evenly, that would make sense, but I don't think it has been announced explicitly.

And there will probably be something that determines the final winner, so I'm assuming we haven't heard all the rules yet.

darkreaver94 said:
As for Yokoya case, he will give the money to the one who is loyal to him and do whatever he tells them to do. This is mentioned during the contraband game when a certain person receives money to clear his debt after helping Yokoya in the minority rule game.
You do realize it's the very same contraband game where Yokoya took the money of his team members behind their backs and was planning to run off with it. No one in their right mind would trust him after that.

Furthermore, this is the final game, so Yokoya has no more reason to reward anyone because their future loyalty and his reputation won't matter after this. Unless he rewards them for sentimental reasons: just to show to Nao that serving him pays off.

darkreaver94 said:
They trust Yokoya because he is a genius and is on par with Akiyama. Besides, they have no choice anyway. Besides, why should they entrust their fate to Nao when her plan is a disaster in this game.
Obviously, it is a problem that the side characters are complete imbeciles, so it's hard to fix that. It would have been easy to beat Yokoya in many of the earlier games just by ganging up on him with standard tactics. Even more so now because this game is the easiest in ages, far easier than e.g. the contraband game, chair game, or bid poker. You don't need to be a genius to win this. All you need is basic negotiation skills.

I don't know if Nao's plan is even that bad, assuming that the players aren't shortsighted. If someone breaks the truce, they risk the other teams ganging up on them because one turn of betrayal is far from winning this game. With the deadlock in place, maybe you can provoke some kind of reaction out of the LGT that will give them away or otherwise use the time to expose them. Sounds better than being turned into a human test subject with a high probability, assuming that part wasn't just something Yokoya made up.
Oct 14, 2014 4:43 PM

Jan 2012
That moment when that old man started talking i already knew Nao will be FOOLED again like every time.
it's a game where you lie .learn your lesson already!

Feb 6, 2017 10:56 AM

Mar 2015
Lol, Wada is exactly me the whole time I see Nao's face on this manga. "SHUT IT BITCH, YOU'RE RUINING EVERYTHING"

I mean seriously. She got too naive again and was fooled again. It's first game all over again. She learned almost NOTHING. She think that everyone is fine and dandy, but when you have 300 million debt threat, you would not hesitate to kill other people, because your life is as good as dead.

Jan 20, 2020 10:51 PM
Oct 2015
Literally, this girl is so dumb!!
Nov 27, 2021 11:06 PM

Jan 2017
Obvious red flag when that plan of his involves Nao "taking no action"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 203 Discussion (Newly Written Chapter 202)

Mana - Aug 15, 2016

4 by DebiPS »»
Apr 14, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 105 Discussion

en_____ - Mar 6, 2010

15 by DebiPS »»
Apr 4, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 22 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jul 6, 2008

13 by DebiPS »»
Mar 21, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 138 Discussion

belatkuro - Jul 21, 2010

18 by jeffu »»
Mar 13, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 1 Discussion

supersayen - Sep 21, 2010

22 by TheGeno42 »»
Feb 22, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.