Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 6, 2014 3:41 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, it's Mako's time!
Great ep, everyone?
Sep 6, 2014 3:55 AM

Nov 2012
finally a new episode after 3 weeks!
was a pretty good episode, and the animation was better than in some of the previous eps.
Sep 6, 2014 4:28 AM
Jun 2011
finally jupiter time and the animation was much better then in the previous episodes
Sep 6, 2014 4:29 AM
May 2013
great episode. animation and art continues to improve.
Sep 6, 2014 4:37 AM

Jan 2013
My favourite episode so far. Usagi befriending Makoto was touching and I second that the animation/art has improved. Hope the series will continue to be this level if not higher, feel like it's finally picking up the slack.
Sep 6, 2014 5:07 AM

May 2013
Its time for Makoto to shine! She's more like a strong but cute girl. Well, I just think that Ami Koshimizu is adjusting for this role, but it was awesome.

And yes, I do agree that the animation was better than the last one. Tuxedo Mask next week~ <3
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 6, 2014 5:11 AM

Nov 2011
Makoto is definitely awesome. I like her personality already and voice as well. This debut is definitely something to remember. I notice the animation quality improvement as well. Perhaps it's because of the break? Hmm....

Overall good episode. The battle felt a bit short but that's understandable. Sailor Jupiter's outfit is pretty as well.

Sep 6, 2014 6:37 AM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I like Jupiter's transformation. It looks like 3 weeks is what this show needs. Well I hope they can keep this up from now on.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 6, 2014 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
xD All these years I have been rewatching the old series on somewhat regular basis, have always been listening to the old OSTS etc etc. Because I loved SM so much. And this episode for me confirmed it. I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED in this remake. I love it and I'm so happy it's happening xD
Makoto is my favorite and her episode was so touching. When I was little I thought she was exactly like me hahaha. Her flashback so sooo damn nice, the music, her exhaling I could almost feel the cold! (oh god im getting weird) Also I loved the art this time hope they keep it up. It's somehow getting a bit closer to the old series lol
Also the generals are remembering stuff too *evil grin*
MorridineSep 6, 2014 6:54 AM
Sep 6, 2014 6:50 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So next episode in two weeks?

Finally Sailor Jupiter debuts. The battle felt kind of short, but she did make an impact. That Jupiter Thunder was so nostalgic. Now all that's left is for Sailor Venus to debut.

Luna still has a firm suspicion on Tuxedo Mask, is he ally or foe.

Sep 6, 2014 7:28 AM

Aug 2008
Oh, now it's starting to divert from the previous anime. I want to read the manga now, but I'm going to hold myself.

Nephrite saying he has a feeling he saw Mako-chan before, this makes me ship them. hehehe
Sep 6, 2014 7:47 AM

Dec 2011
Sailor Moon episode about my favourite senshi? Yes, please.
As silverwalls mentioned, the animation in this episode was better than in the prev episodes. Also, I've always loved Makoto's transformation scene in the old anime, so I was excited to see it in the remake and I wasn't disappointed.
Somehow, this episode made me fall inlove with Sailor Moon series all over again. I definitely can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 6, 2014 7:47 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kurini said:
Oh, now it's starting to divert from the previous anime. I want to read the manga now, but I'm going to hold myself.

Nephrite saying he has a feeling he saw Mako-chan before, this makes me ship them. hehehe

I don't remember seeing that in the previous Sailor Moon show. I sort of skipped some episodes in the original one including the Sailor Jupiter debut. Seems like this one could go for an original ending. I haven't read the manga so I wouldn't know.

Sep 6, 2014 8:52 AM

Jan 2011
Wow, it was worth waiting 3 weeks for the episode :) Especially that my favorite Senshi appeared. I'm satisfied this time. Very sad, that the animation team need that much time to do such a good looking episode. Funny scene when Mako wanted to eat and Usagi was watching :D

The transformations were gladly shortened this time. Jupiters transformation really slammed the other transformations into the ground. That's how it should look like from the beginning. More dynamic, not too flashy, but elegant and no elongated limbs. Just perfect and I even didn't care if it was CGI this time.

As for the animation it had a very good flow compared to the other episodes and the expressions were better made too. Even the dynamic battle scenes were very good made. Rei's and Jupiters attacks were stunning. Too bad no screentime for Usagi and Ami for the attacks :[ The Art overall was very good. I didn't notice any ugly or disproportional errors like in the previous 3 episodes.

The music as always was great and fits into the scenes. Just love it like Fairy Tails OST. I really liked the sad one, when Mako was captured by that youma. And Jupiters VA did an amazing job. I really like her voice.

The plot, as we know already differs, but I kinda like it. As for me No. 5 is by quality the best episode so far and overcomes the last 4. I hope Toei will hold up onto it and improve even more. And Mako just rules!

P.S: Ok I couldn't resist and rewatched the ep. Edited my post a bit.
RaffSep 6, 2014 9:39 AM

Sep 6, 2014 8:52 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Makoto's debut was awesome. She's probably the best Sailor Guardian so far.
(Well, anybody is better than Usagi, that's for sure).

Battle was short as always. The enemy side is pretty weak, imo.

Sep 6, 2014 9:14 AM
Dec 2012
Love love love Makoto in Crystal, much prefer her in this than the 90s anime so far, she's very cute ^_^
Sep 6, 2014 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
My favorite episode so far. It just feels like everything from characters to animation has jumped up a few notches in quality. No complaints here (apart from the ever-present PS2 CGI). Desperately waiting for Venus to join the team so we can get into the real meat of the series, but next ep looks interesting.

When's the next episode airing? Two weeks? Three?
Sep 6, 2014 9:42 AM

Jan 2011
Squallina said:
My favorite episode so far. It just feels like everything from characters to animation has jumped up a few notches in quality. No complaints here (apart from the ever-present PS2 CGI). Desperately waiting for Venus to join the team so we can get into the real meat of the series, but next ep looks interesting.

In 2 weeks this time.

Sep 6, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 2014
Yay, the appearance of my personal favorite, Sailor Jupiter! Much better episode in terms of production over the past 4 episodes as well. Seems like its steadily improving.
Sep 6, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2014
My Queen is finally here!! I almost felt tears appearing after seeing Makoto again. She was so badass and adorable in this episode. I can't wait to see more of her!
Sep 6, 2014 10:24 AM

Jul 2011
wow, that was pretty exciting!
Sailor Jupiter is as bad ass as ever. :)
I wonder if they're ever going to talk about how when they met Usagi they saw the same vision, or at least talk about how they saw something when they saw her.

I am loving this anime more and more. Not that I didn't start loving it because it has always been my favorite anime. =D
I am just so happy. As an original fan. I look forward each episode every two weeks. even though this time I had to wait 3 weeks :(.

But hey, something is better than nothing.

I get how luna is doubting of Tuxedo Kamen, because after all, he is after the silver crystal as well. And so is Queen Berryl, which he could be portrayed as an enemy. But he has helped Usagi and the girls several times, and by helped i mean behind the scenes. which I love! Because they can handle themselves. They don't need a man to always protect them. Another improvement from the old series.

So next episode is about Tuxedo Kamen. Is he an enemy or an ally?

I hope they come to an understanding soon.

I wonder when Sailor Venus is going to appear.

Since in the old anime, sailor Jupiter appeared on episode 25 out of 46. And in this she appears in episode 5 out of 26.
Sailor Venus appears in episode 33 out of 46. so maybe she'll appear in 7,8?

Well as always, excited for next episode. yay!
Sep 6, 2014 10:28 AM

Aug 2007
Finally the 5th episode. And my favourite Inner senshi finally comes: Sailor Jupiter!

MoonXArtemis said:

Sailor Venus appears in episode 33 out of 46. so maybe she'll appear in 7,8?

Well as always, excited for next episode. yay!

She appears on episode 8.

episode 6: Tuxedo mask
Episode 7: Chiba Mamoru
Episode 8: Minako: Sailor Venus.
Sep 6, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2012
That mannequin was super creepy.
Sep 6, 2014 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
i'd marry you makoto
Hate Keeps me warm
Sep 6, 2014 11:24 AM

Nov 2011
fuven said:
That mannequin was super creepy.

THIS! And I have automatonophobia so I'm glad the girls were fighting it and not me because if I were a Sailor Senshi, I would have been the biggest crybaby in this scene. >_<
Sep 6, 2014 11:32 AM

Mar 2009
Clearly, the extra week off actually gave them time to give a damn about this show.
There were barely any off-model shots and the proportions didn't look terrible.
Still not saying much(the animation leaves a lot to be desired), but it's better than nothing.

I liked the story in this episode too. Jupiter best girl.
Sep 6, 2014 1:13 PM

Apr 2013
Mako coming in ftw. Her transformation looked awesome with all the electricity and lightning around her. Also, I love me some tall girls especially when they can cook! It was a long 3 week wait for this episode but it looks like they at least put that extra time to use by improving the animation for this episode. I'm liking the CG style now.
Sep 6, 2014 2:32 PM

Nov 2007
Best episode since the 1st one.
Sep 6, 2014 3:15 PM
Jul 2014
Episode was much better than the past three. I am disappointed Jupiter's transformation didn't have a unique soundtrack however.
Sep 6, 2014 3:23 PM

Mar 2012
This is kinda demotivating to watch.
Sep 6, 2014 3:59 PM

Sep 2011
i dont understand why they keep diverting the plot from manga .. Nephrite supposed to be eliminated with a lightning blast from Makoto's tiara attack.. Thats what has happened in the manga.. similarly, jadeite should have already been killed by sailor mars in episode 3..

alright animation and pacing stuff are good enough but the fact that they change the story arc is a complete disappointment..
Sep 6, 2014 4:10 PM
Sep 2011
Squallina said:

They've specifically stated that the episodes come out on the first and third Saturday of every month. The reason this episode took longer to come out was because August had five Saturdays instead of four.
Sep 6, 2014 4:18 PM

Dec 2011
Mako-chan so cute. <3
I had forgotten she was that cute and badass.

Now only Minako has to make her debut but next episode is going to be about Mask guy. Longest wait for Venus.
Sep 6, 2014 4:39 PM

Jun 2011
bulk_density said:
i dont understand why they keep diverting the plot from manga .. Nephrite supposed to be eliminated with a lightning blast from Makoto's tiara attack.. Thats what has happened in the manga.. similarly, jadeite should have already been killed by sailor mars in episode 3..

alright animation and pacing stuff are good enough but the fact that they change the story arc is a complete disappointment..

The original creator Naoko Takeuchi is working together with them and in an interview she said that she wanted to include more things in her manga, but couldn't do so because of time constraints. That's why we're getting these kind of changes in the manga. I hope they have something good prepared for those guys
Sep 6, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2011
Mako is hands down the best transformation. Great episode.
Sep 6, 2014 5:30 PM
Nov 2013
Matoi Ryuko as Makoto, good job Koshimizu Ami!
Sailor Jupiter is my second favorite after Venus, so this a really pleasant episode. The animation looked a lot better. Looking forward to the next episode~
Sep 6, 2014 9:38 PM

Aug 2014
I liked this episode mainly because i always liked the way usagi and makoto meet and became friends, other than that it was okay.
"Whatever happens, happens."

Sep 6, 2014 9:57 PM
Jul 2012
Best episode so far, hands down. Plot was handled well, the animation was far less wonky, and overall it was enjoyable to watch. I admit that before I hit play, I winced and dreaded what was to come. But I was pleasantly surprised in the end.

For starters, nice solid introduction of Makoto/Jupiter. The story gave enough clues to her "senpai issue" without overdoing it or leaving us wondering. It was cut and dried, but well executed, something that the show has been sorely lacking and thus was a welcome sight. (Still grumpy about the story around the Rei/Mars introduction that just ended up being so clunky.) The pacing was great and it kept me interested the entire time. I think that was the big key for me -- I was genuinely interested in the storyline, I was eagerly waiting what would come next, and I wasn't watching the clock to see when it would be over.

Animation has gotten better, even if it's not anywhere near perfect. I do hate to be "that person" but yeah, our expectations are pretty damn low at this point, and we're kinda grasping at straws and rationalizing the art. It's better but it's not where it could or should be. Do I have a small glimmer of hope that as time progresses, it will only continue to improve? Yeah. Maybe it's a bit misguided and I'm jumping the gun here, but GDI I just want it to be awesome so badly. The one egregious animation issue that irked me was that Jupiter's final pose had noodle legs akin to Mars'.

Which brings me to transformations. Hell yeah we're getting rid of full transformations. I was extremely pleased to see that when Moon/Mercury/Mars transformed, we were only forced to sit through partials, and we didn't have to have each girl say a catchphrase. Thank whatever powers that be for that. (Although, using Mars' fire for the mid-part and Mercury for the ending would have been a better choice, IMO. The CGI fire is just so much better than that "water.")

Jupiter's transformation was good, though not as good as Mars, IMO. Retains much of the original movement and the lightning was pretty good, all things considered. I'm still hating the CGI, but at least they've started to cut down on how much of it we see. We may never see instantaneous transformations (like ChibiMoon in the original before she had a sequence -- I actually liked that quite a bit) but I think we're heading down the right track.

Overall I'm happy with this episode. So much better than the last one, with its weak plot, obvious animation issues, and just general suckitude. I came in with rock bottom expectations, and while I haven't let myself leap for joy or expect amazing things in the future, I do think this episode deserves some praise for getting things right and maybe heralding a new path.

--

So far as "manga divergence" is concerned -- I'm not that worried about it. Naoko is working on the project and even if she weren't I'm still essentially happy with what's happened (basic plot/manga adherence) so far. I'll wait until the end to judge if the decisions around the Shittenou end up being a net-plus or net-minus.
"You know the old saying; when life gives you lemons, go murder a clown."

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."
"Okay, I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler and a piece of string."
Sep 6, 2014 10:12 PM

Jan 2011
I'm rather excited about the rumours about where Naoko might take this. It would certainly provide a more symmetrical story arc for the other scouts--and I don't mind if the author takes it in the direction she wanted it to go, rather than the direction she was forced to go by external constraints. Over-all the tightening of the story (removing the youma of the week fillers between recruitments of the scouts) has us moving along much faster, so I'm suspecting we might even get to the end of the second season (Sailor Moon R) since they will almost certainly skip the filler "doom tree" arc.
rodacSep 6, 2014 10:18 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 6, 2014 10:37 PM

Jul 2013
I pretty much like Makoto's character already. She has that tough look face and as powerful as the other Sailor Moon characters. Also the transformation to Sailor Jupiter was pretty good.

And the 2 week wait begins again.

Sep 6, 2014 11:28 PM

Aug 2013
I was grinning like an idiot during Mako's transformation. My 9-year old self was probably laughing at me the whole time XD She's my second favorite behind Rei. Props to Koshimizu Ami for doing a great job. Whoever did the casting did a really great job not just for Mako but for everyone (so far).

"I've seen that look before" plus Jadeite's attraction with Rei in a previous episode...ah I see where you're going now, Naoko.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 7, 2014 1:57 AM

Jul 2008
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKO~CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*swooooon*

I fell in love all over again, Makoto is awesome, the guys who dumped her and the classmates who make fun of her are all idiots!!! Again she is awesome!!! Having Ryoko voice her totally works for me. Can't say enough about her.

Easily the best episode so far.
Sep 7, 2014 3:30 AM

Jul 2013
WOOO SAILOR JUPITER!!

My favorite guardian from the original back when i was little. Wish she had a cuter voice but it was great to see her in her brand new animated form.

Man, i thought that watching this series out of pure nostalgia was going to lead to me just hating it but I'm actually genuinely enjoying the cheesiness and memories this brings back. Definitely won't be dropping this :D
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Sep 7, 2014 4:07 AM

Jan 2009
its Sailor Jupiter this time, and lol Usagi is the designated leader
Sep 7, 2014 5:53 AM

Mar 2009
This episode was worth the 3 week wait. Sailor Jupiter's transformation sequence is electrifying!!

And Nephrite having a feeling that he's seen her before is something that slightly differs from the manga. But it's all good, I've no complains :) I look forward to seeing more of the 4 Generals.

Another 2 weeks to the next one then. Even longer before Sailor Venus' appearance. I hope to see the 5 Sailor Senshi together soon
Sep 7, 2014 5:55 AM

Apr 2009

lol, so Usagi.

Really nice episode. The animation was outstanding.
Sep 7, 2014 6:39 AM

Apr 2012
Yay, my favorite soldier appears!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 7, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2013
Finally we get to see Sailor Jupiter! Pretty good episodes overall.
My Candies:
Sep 7, 2014 7:42 AM

Oct 2013
Love Mako's voice for some reason o__o
Sep 7, 2014 8:05 AM
Mar 2013
This episode was rely good,even great.Todays episode had a good pace to it.Nothing felt rush,everything felt smoothed.The added scenes were good too,and enhance the story.I like that we saw Jupiters first love,and how he broke her heart. I'm glad were seeing the other side characters like Umnio/Melvin. Also the animation was preety good,three weeks help a lot.No awkward faces,and akward poses. Just nice,and clean models.Another thing,that I notice that.Nephrite said he saw Jupiters face before.It looks like there going with the whole the generals,and senshi known each other in pass life route.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.