Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (153) « First ... « 121 122 [123] 124 125 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Dec 31, 2012 12:17 PM
@Sabconth

watching
Baccano Great show. liked the characters.

completed

Clannad Good show.

ptw
Another
Samurai Champloo Must watch!
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
toradora
Modified by LegendGoldDark, Dec 31, 2012 12:22 PM

Dec 31, 2012 12:56 PM
@GoldenBRS

Anime Compatilibily is Medium (59.6%)
Shared Anime: 9

Watching

Psycho Pass - I'm following this one too. It just gets better every episode.

Completed

Bleach - I could never finish anything that long.

Clannad - Almost done watching, and will start After Story immdiately after.

Code Geass - Pretty good anime. Liked the first season better.

Code Geass: Boukuko no Akito 1 - Prefered the original anime, but hey, it's just the first movie.

Naruto - Again, don't like long series. Also, the fillers were really annoying.

Haruhi Suzumiya - Light Novels>Movie>S1>S2.

Dropped

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - One of my favourite anime ever. I highly recommend you give this another chance.

Haruhi S2 - Yeah, don't bother with Endless 8. Somehow I finished it though ...

Plan to Watch

Fate/zero - Absolutely epic. I strongly recommend this.
Modified by jessifer, Dec 31, 2012 1:12 PM
I like pie.

Dec 31, 2012 1:10 PM

Compatibility is 86.3%, not bad! 30 shared.

Psycho Pass is pretty good, great director. I just feel like I need to let it air out before I keep going with it, as it's not a very driven show, not yet at least.

Agreed with Eva rebuilds.

Agreed with Bebop.

Agreed with Fate. Stay/Night is crap, Fate/Zero is the best thing ever. Case and point.

I'm not a big fan of the first Ghost in The Shell either. I don't feel like my brain can't comprehend it though, I just feel like there isn't anything there to get.

I can't get into Higurashi, so I still need to try.

Does Hyouka get better? What I watched was pretty boring. Amazing art though.

K-on is surprisingly enjoyable for me.

Panty and Stocking, what you said about it is accurate. Great OST though.

Another 9 given to Princess Tutu?? I gotta learn more about this show.

You loved Sora no Woto? Me too. Watch Aria (I prefer the manga myself, but the voice acting and OST in the show is to die for) as it's a very similar and very well developed series. It's incredibly slow but gets better as it goes on. Similar style and setting to Sora no Woto.

Yea I can't do the shounen anime either. Too damn long and pointless.

Dec 31, 2012 1:27 PM
@ovoon7
I'm sorry, maybe we're just too different, but this.... I just couldn't overlook it.
Most of your ratings, I either agreed with, or could understand, but some were just toooooo harsh!!!!!!
Bleach, and Naruto, a bit harsh, yes, but I can see your point.
SAO. I agree its not the best, but its not too bad either. I don't love it or hate it. If you compare it to other animes rather than think about the potential it had to be good, it might come up to a mediocre anime rather than a 1/10.
The 2 I'm here to complain about is Gintama and One Piece's ratings. How far have you watched in both of them?
For me, Gintama started getting good at about episode 17. Then it just kept getting better. Gintama relies on gettting you to know the characters, which it does in the first few episodes, and then comedy. It's really an amazing series and can be really heart-wrenching and sad/tragic or fierce at times. I would continue on a bit more. I almost dropped Gintama at first too, now I'm watching, like, 10 episodes a day during the break. And I've already cried twice in like, 110 episodes, and I don't cry easily either.
And as for One Piece, please don't judge it until you've gotten to at least the Arlong arc! That's when I got attached to it. I liked it at first too, but it just didn't get special until that arc. After that, I grew soo attached to the characters and I laughed and cried along with them. Now, its my fav anime of all time.
So please, just give them a chance?

Dec 31, 2012 2:41 PM

@equestrian4life
I agree with alot of your ratings- we actually had pretty similar ratings in comparisons.

Personally in not really a fan of long running animes so I havent seen One Piece or most of those giant series animes- mostly because i could finish like 20 shorter series in the time it takes to watch just one. Most of the ones i gave seven's or lower just lacked the creativity that makes others alot better- like ao no exorcist which reminded me something of disney or VK which felt like they were just using timing in a attempt to make a flopping story sound better. In my opinion i thought SAO went crashing after it entered the ALF arc, but i hadnt seen the manga before so i what could i expect... i still didnt the direction the story took...

But besides that, we agree on almost everything... <.< great minds think alike

Dec 31, 2012 3:30 PM
@Ginko13
Your list is really good your scoreings really low for some of them but everyone has there own way i guess lawl but overall i think i might take some 10s off your list to watch lol >.<!!

Dec 31, 2012 4:14 PM

@CurryIsSoHot

66.1% Compatible not bad but not that good

First thing i always notice is people's favorite animes and all of yours I gave an 8 or above which are good scores for me I really like all 5 of those especially Steins;Gate.

Watching:
Chuunibiyou: I unlike many others did not like this at first I thought the characters were annoying more so than cute but the anime proved me wrong and actually put meaning behind the way they were acting and found myself really liking it by the end.
Hunter x Hunter- I am depressed because they are never going to change the opening OTL
Magi- by far one of my favorite animes of the year so far I like it way better than I like SAO
One Piece- I will never stop loving this I fell out of love with Naruto and Bleach a long time ago but this just keeps my love
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo- Depending on how this ends I think it might even reach the heights of Toradora.

Completed:
Angel Beats- This anime was orginally supposed to get 24 episodes and I honestly think if it got those extra 11 episodes for character development it could have turned into something truly fantastic
B Gata H Kei- One of my guilty pleasures I have seen it 3 times and I have absolutely no regrets
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai- I cannot wait for season two *_*
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood- My second favorite anime yet I've only seen it once I should fix that.
K-on!- I love it and a few weeks ago i was making lots of photosets for it on tumblr.
Kanon (2006)- Often overlooked because of Clannad but I think it is just as good.
Kimi ni Todoke- Probably my favorite shojo anime I love it and I will be cosplaying Ayane in October
School Days- I wonder if people watch this actually expecting something or already know how horrible this is
Sword Art Online- I wasn't the biggest fan but I would not say I hate it either I just think it had a major pacing problem and that brought down the entire show.
Toradora- Probably my favorite romance anime I can watch this over and over I love Taiga and Ryuji so much
Zero no Tsukaima- First season is the best in my opinion I love it.

Dropped
I love Gintama and Soul Eater but oh well to each their own.

You seem to rate things highly which is okay everyone is free to rate as they choose.~
Modified by Sarahtoga104, Dec 31, 2012 4:32 PM

Dec 31, 2012 5:13 PM

@Sarahtoga104

Watching

Detective Conan - I have seen 600ep and enjoy it like you. I hope i can find the DVD for the remaining episode.

Fairy Tail - As someone who have a Lucy as avatar i though you would rate higher.

Little Busters! - Stick with this and you woudn't dissapointed latter.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Same as your tag.

Completed

Angel Beats - This should have been longer.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - My favorite comedy series.

Campione! - The pacing is too fast.

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou - The comedy is hit and miss.

Digimon Saver - I think it's the best Digimon behind Tamer.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Agree with your tag.

Gosick - I like this show.

Highschool DxD - An example of good harem ecchi show.

Koi to Senkyou to Chocolate - One of my favorite last year.

Rosario + Vampire - As a manga reader i'm dissapointed with this.

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Wish there will be a season 3.

Dropped

Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx - My second favorite Yu-Gi-Oh series.

Plan to Watch

Inu x Boku SS - All of the cast are likable.

Modified by NeoAnkara, Dec 31, 2012 6:07 PM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Dec 31, 2012 6:05 PM

@NeoAnkara

79 Shared Anime, compatibility 58.9%

Watching
Clannad- i didnt like it, since you seem to be enjoying this youll probably love the second half of its sequel
Fairy Tail - this is your fav anime so i wont bash it, ill just say i didnt like it
K - it got a lot of hate but i kinda enjoyed it
Naruto: Shippuuden - you survived the filler hell, congrats

Completed
Angel Beats! - liked the characters an soundtrack
Bakemonogatari - it had unique animation an interesting characters
Bleach - i gave up on it
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - i used to like this a lot but after watching LOGH, cant help but think that this is almost a rip of... still Lelouch was an awesome protagonist
Death Note - my 5th fav anime
Fate/stay night - didnt like it, Shirou was extremely annoying
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - its only flaw was its rushed start
Highschool DxD - it was kinda fun but i wouldnt give this a 10
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead - this is my fav comedy
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - had good soundtrack an cool action scenes
Sword Art Online - i liked the first episode an the soundtrack

on hold
Beelzebub - i thought this was bad
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - took me a while to finish cause it was boring
Persona 4 The Animation - very repetitive first half, the second isnt much better
Shinsekai yori - this is starting to get awesome

dropped
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - deserves a second chance, its sequel is awful but the movie is awesome

Plan to Watch
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. - melodramatic but it has some good moments... 7/10
Fate/Zero - overrated but still a big improvement over the average fate stay night...8.5/10
Gintama - way longer than necessary... 5.5/10
Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - extremely repetitive... 3/10
Robotics;Notes - it has a nice cast of characters...8/10
Steins;Gate - my 2nd fav anime, it has an engaging plot, good animation an awesome cast of characters... 10/10
Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu - awesome... 9/10
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) - torture .... 4/10
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - amazing action scenes an good animation...9/10
Modified by silversaint, Dec 31, 2012 6:27 PM

Dec 31, 2012 6:11 PM

@silversaint
Gona make it short. Fucking awesome list.
9/10
Modified by dranime1, Dec 31, 2012 6:21 PM

Dec 31, 2012 6:17 PM

@Dranime1

Watching:
They're all shounen which isn't a bad thing

Completed:
Most of them are shounen but you've watched some other genre too

Dropped:
you've wasted a lot of time watching stuff you don't like but guess you didn't know that when you started watching them.

PTW:
Since you like shounen, Epic fights
shaman king
Fate/zero
Darker than black
Modified by SkyKyz, Dec 31, 2012 6:23 PM

Dec 31, 2012 6:34 PM

@SkyKyz

83.6% Compatible. Was pretty impressed, since I think you're the first person that I'm compatible this high, means we are really similiar. Maybe you'd want to make out with me sometime? ^_^

It's really hard to describe the list since you're not watching few kinds of genre, but you're watching them all. As far as ratings go I think they are pretty reasonable if they are based on enjoyment, because all of the shows who have 8 or more are really enjoyable.

Also checked your PTW list. In case if you read this immediately watch Perfect Blue. It's best movie ever made! (=
( Wouldn't mind, if you'd tell me your thoughts about it after you watch)
Modified by LeQr, Dec 31, 2012 6:37 PM
LL

Dec 31, 2012 7:01 PM

@LeQr
Judging from the animes you scored 10,9 & 8, i'd say you have a good taste in anime. We're 79.3% compatible and I cant really complain about your scores of the anime we share.

Jan 1, 2013 1:05 AM

@amichaaan

compatibility: 76.9% Share: 21

Watching:
Fairy Tail - Dropped it. The cliches are so annoying..

One Piece - Best long running shonen ever.

Completed:

Black Cat - Hate it with all my heart. Pretty bad.

Bleach: Memories of Nobody - For a Bleach movie, this was actually a decent film.

Elfen Lied - Don't think it deserves a 10/10, but I thoght it was great despite it's flaws.

Noir - It's not bad, but I remember getting bored by it at some point.

Paprika - Pretty good, but I suggest Satoshi's other works like Perfect Blue and Paranoia Agent. Imo they were better..

Shangri-La - Same score. I thought it was pretty good despite the flaws, but it could have been much better with such creative settings..

Reccomended from PTW list:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Monster
Hotaru no Haka
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Perfect Blue
Serial Experiments Lain
Baccano!
Ghost in the Shell and Stand Alone Complex

You have some other decent anime in your PTW, but the above are highly reccomended.

Jan 1, 2013 1:23 AM

HATUL300

83.1% eh? You sir have my seal of approval. You have seen a lot of anime, about 4x the amount I have, but out of what we share our scores are similar for the most part.

Watching-

Completed-

On Hold-

Plan to watch:
Modified by Shrabster, Jan 1, 2013 2:16 AM

Jan 1, 2013 3:23 AM
@ Shrabster

Hellsing Ultimate: I've heard about this one, but it looks like just a gorefest, and that could get old. How much real story is even there.

Monster: Oh ho ho yes. This show is amazing. Literally the only flaw is the frame rate. Had this been better animated, it would have been unbelievable. One of the greatest side characters I've come across in anime.

Baccano: Not really my thing I gotta say. I'm not a fan of hyperactive, adrenaline shows. I don't really have a problem with gore at all either, it's just that a lot of it seemed to happen for no reason.

Berserk: PTW. I hear about it too often not to.

Cowboy Bebop: Deserves a rewatch and a regrading from me. I couldn't fully appreicate it the first time. DAT SOUNDTRACK THO.

FLCL: No.

FMA Brosefs: This is what shounen should aspire to. Other than Ed, who is a rather bland and irritating stereotypical shounen protag, the show was amazing.

Ghost in the Shell: I don't understand how people can bag on this show ever. It's fantastic. The whole franchise is fantastic, and one of the most solid and consistently amazing I've seen in anime.

School Days: Given from what I've heard about the show and it's conclusion, I doubt I'd ever watch it.

Tokyo Godfathers: I gotta see this. This man's films are my next big project.

Trigun: I'm ashamed of you for giving this bad bad anime a 9. Trust me dude there are things I love about the show too, but some of the things it does are just unforgivable. Do yourself a favor and read the manga. (Trigun + Trigun Maximum) Maximum takes the story in a whole different direction (the way it should have gone) but the anime was made too early. The manga, while still flawed, is a favorite.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Be ready for this one. This is the "War and Peace" of anime. You don't just pick it up and start reading it. Ease yourself into this show if sci fi space operas aren't your thing. Some people start too early in their anime careers and lose interest, since this show is the exact opposite of Naruto or Death Note. It is quite probably the greatest thing to ever come out of anime. Not even kidding.

Gurren Lagann: Another one I could care less for. The single driving force of the show didn't realy capture my interest, and the blantant fanservice of one particular character just irritated the shit out of me. It's a decent show though don't get me wrong. I'm just not so easily won over by flamboyancy and inspirational speeches.
Modified by 002173, Jan 1, 2013 3:44 AM

Jan 1, 2013 3:33 AM

@MaedhrostheTall

Its look like our rating are prety different. I agree with you only on two show Dragon Ball and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (except the Ed part).
Modified by NeoAnkara, Jan 1, 2013 3:39 AM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Jan 1, 2013 3:47 AM
@NeoAnkara

Anime compatibility with NeoAnkara is:
Medium
56.8%

And judging by your list, it is very obvious that we have completely different tastes in anime so I won't comment on much, but I will agree with you about Highschool DxD. It had a pretty good male lead character for a harem series.

Jan 1, 2013 6:42 AM

@Neane1993
Fucking Adolf Hitler has a MAL page? How come that he is not between the top favourite people?
We have 67.3 % compatibility.
You watch quite a lot anime at the same time. I'd probably lost track of the plot and I couldn't watch anime like Kaichou wa Maid-sama and Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom simultaneously. I enjoyed both of these anime but they're just so different.

Completed:
I don't know what could be so appalling about Angel Beats! if you liked AnoHana so much. Angel Beats was full of action and also comedy and was very enjoyable for me, but AnoHana was just an annoying melodrama. The characters were well portrayed but I didn't understand their actions at all. Both had tearjerking endings but with AnoHana it seemed just too forced.
Wow, you've actually scored the Baccano specials higher then the original series. I was tempted to do so but I decided to let the rating equal but it's nice to see someone with the same opinion. Although I scored them both with 7.
Black Lagoon - I expect something more then just an awesome action and badass bitches to give anime a 10 but I generally agree with your comments. It's a fine ride.
Black Rock Shooter - Yeah, the anime is very bad. It might be one of the reasons I enjoyed it. And the fact it's only 8 episodes saved it too.
Yes. Another one who scored Mononoke with 10. Thank you.
Nana - I agree with every word. Nana is indeed a superb anime, the characters are very well portrayed and real and the soundtrack is awesome. Too bad it's unfinished.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Come on. I enjoyed Evangelion but people tend to see more than what is there.

Dropped:
Hard to tell why you dropped Psycho-Pass but I recommend picking it up again.

As for your PTW list:
Devil May Cry - Never played the game but the anime is somehow boring. Dante is a badass and that's the end of the story, but it was enough for me to finish it.
Elfen Lied - I think this anime is awfully overrated and shallow. It has a great soundtrack and you will see some boobs and gore too, but the story is just stupid and the character 'development' is one big joke.
Jigoku Shoujo - Why would you rewatch it? It's so repetitive it almost bored me to death halfway through.

Modified by KingLear, Jan 1, 2013 7:09 AM
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.

Jan 1, 2013 7:26 AM
Completed-

Angel Beats! In my opinion, this was let down by the ending which I didn't enjoy (and was slightly confused about) and its length (I feel it would have benefited from a few more episodes). Ended up scoring it highly anyway because I liked the premise and the action (wasn't a fan of the comedy).

Black Lagoon This is enjoyable with its ott action and the interactions between Revy and Rock, but as you said it's "Mindless Violence". I thought the first half of this was better than the second. The couple of episodes with Roberta (a character I really do not like) as well as the lack of character development for Dutch and Benny lower my score on this one.

Clannad/Clannad AS Clannad AS is either the best anime I've seen, or a close second (to Legend of the Galactic Heroes) I agree that AS is better than the first season whilst both had a couple of unneeded filler episodes the emotional payoff from AS made this irrelevant to me (nothing is truly a 10 anyway imo I just round up high 9s) the second season is the only anime so far that's made me cry.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch/R2 Don't have a lot to say about Code Geass apart from the fact I don't think it needed any of the fan-service and after rewatching it I thought it was worse (not to say it's not well worth watching regardless of that though still enjoyable)

Death Note The rivalry between L and Light really "makes" the show for me. If only the latter part of this was as good as the first two thirds, I agree with you about the ending.

Elfen Lied I couldn't actually bring myself to finish this too much gore/nudity/unnecessary violence.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai I've only ever seen one harem anime that is "very good" and that is Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, and the harem elements in that I don't like. However this is the second best harem series I have watched, based purely on the fact the protagonist isn't a bumbling idiot and women don't chase him for no apparent reason (apart from him being a "good guy") the fact he actually has to work to attract women is a welcome change.

Mirai Nikki (TV) Protagonist ruined this for me pretty much. (Though I do empathize with him somewhat considering most other people in this anime seem totally insane.) the ending threw me for a loop.

Myself ; Yourself I couldn't bring myself to finish this due to Hinako.

Naruto Full of fillers doesn't deserve the hype nor the hate that it gets.

Naruto: Shippuuden Marginally better than the first series the same still applies though.

Steins;Gate Well it starts slow, but it really does get better the second half of the show (not including the ending) is brilliant the first half and the ending whilst good let it down.

Sword Art Online Same applies as Naruto does not deserve the hate or the hype that it gets. Though i'm disappointed it wasn't better.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun A romance anime where something actually happens before the last episode or two of the show? Madness. One thing that gets me annoyed with romance anime is where characters can't admit they like each other and then admit it as the series ends. Whilst the romance may have developed slightly fast similar to Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai with harem anime this is another welcome change.

Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude, Where We Are Least Alone Honestly I have no idea why or how I managed to drag myself through watching this. It is the worst anime I have ever seen, I don't remember anything about the characters, or much of the plot and the sex seems to be tagged on and unneeded.

On Hold-

Jigoku Shoujo This is just repetitive, still like the idea behind it though has someone wronged you so badly your willing to damn yourself to damn them? was hoping it would move away from individual stories it sort of does but not enough.

Mushishi Just started watching this looks good so far, like the art and the protagonist not much else to say.

Bleach This starts pretty well then seems to peak and trough throughout. Near the end I was just dragging myself through to finish it.

PTW-

Toradora! Second best romance anime I have seen after Clannad AS.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Best Shounen/adventure anime I have seen. Keeps fillers to a minimum with a strong cast of characters, and a good plot.

NHK ni Youkoso! Thought I would hate this, turns out its brilliant paints an interesting picture of the Hikikomori lifestyle.
Modified by ermigotnothing, Jan 1, 2013 9:33 AM

Jan 1, 2013 7:28 AM

@ermigotnothing

Watching

Katekyou Hitman Reborn - Boring at first but becoming good later.

Completed

Baka to Test to Shokanjuu - This one make me laugh so hard.

Gosick - Good medevial europe anime.

Highschool DxD - An example of a good harem ecchi show.

Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai - Keima is my favorite MC.

Seitokai no Ichizon - This one is funny.

Toradora! - Good romance comedy with mix of a drama.

On-Hold

Darker Than Black - If you like action series i suggest you pic this up again.

Droped

Fairy Tail - My favorite show.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Dunno why you drop this but this one is good.

Plan to Watch

I haven't watch any of them so i cannot recommend anything.
Modified by NeoAnkara, Jan 1, 2013 7:39 AM

Jan 2, 2013 3:59 AM

@NeoAnkara

Watching: In general seems to be popular entry level Anime. Been meaning to catch up on Sakurasou and watch OniAi

Completed: Again, pretty basic entry level stuff, but it seems you've gotten through a hefty amount.

On-hold: Also been meaning to see Blue Exorcist and iDOLM@STER. It's worth at least watching those last 16 episodes before the time skip in One Piece.

Dropped: It seems a bit silly that you've dropped Anime which you've given 7s and and 8s despite making a fair bit of progress. It's worth at least finishing Yuru Yuri Season 2.

Plan to Watch: Nothing here which I've really seen much of, but I guess it's worth giving Soul Eater a shot.

Jan 2, 2013 5:11 AM

@ClowCardBristle

Watching:
Yu-Gi-Oh! - I watched this series thinking I might like it more than DM, but I actaully didn't like this that much. It was pretty boring and some the games didn't seem to make much sense. Not that DM always made complete sense, but at least it was fun, Idk..

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha - It's a harmless and decent show overall. Certianly not great though the next seasons are better to an extent.

Completed:

Azumanga Daioh - One of the better comedy anime I've seen.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Saw some of it on tv back in the day (and the first movie),but don't think I'm interested enough to watch the whole thing now even if it's subbed.. But who knows, maybe I'll end up watching anyway.

K-On! - It was decent, but it got boring after a while so it took me some time to watch both seasons and the movie..

Neon Genesis Evangelion - One of my favs, glad to see you like it.

Yu Yu Hakusho - Pretty good. I like how it influenced a lot of shounen to this day. Too bad it's clones aren't as good and some are just terrible..

On-Hold:
Hokuto no Ken - Pick it back up, it's a classic.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Make sure to get back to this as well.

Plan to Watch:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Watch it!!! But I highlyreccomend you watch "My conquest is the sea of stars" prequel movie before you start. It's only an hour long.

Modified by Hatul, Jan 2, 2013 5:41 AM

Jan 2, 2013 7:13 AM

@HATUL300

Watching: I'm glad to see you're watching Shippuden as well, I feel many people here automatically hate Naruto without watching it or after watching a couple episodes because of the bad rap it gets from it's more obnoxious fans. It seems ot be getting better as time goes on.

I could never stomach Yu-Gi-Oh or One piece though, but that's just because the stories don't do it for me.

Completed: It's a big list and I like that you don't stick to one genre. I wonder if you take your time watching though or if you're one of the people who like ot marathon their anime.

On Hold: I hate Shin chan. That is all.

Dropped: I wonder what it was about Fairy Tail that made you drop it. I've heard it's similar to the big three in some ways.

Plan: I don't recommend you take the rebuild movies seriously , I believe they're a joke and it has really brought down my opinion of Gainax and Anno. I recommend you read doujins such as ReTake if you enjoyed Evangelion.

Jan 2, 2013 7:17 AM
@Asukafag

Compatibility - Medium Low (46.4%)
Shared - 10

Completed

Rebuild of Evangelion: I like this movie series better than the original anime. 1.0 was OK, after all it was basically the same as the first eps of the original. The Ramiel fight was totally awesome, though. 2.0 was a lot better, since it actually had a lot of new material. Havent seen 3.0 yet.

Fate/stay night: Meh, I liked Fate/zero better.

K-On!: I dont like this one.

Lucky Star: It was decent.

Naruto: It was too long for me, plus fillers.

Haruhi Suzumiya: Great anime, Endless Eight was annoying though. The movie was also a great watch.

Dropped

Panty & Stocking: Really weird, but I still liked it.
Modified by jessifer, Jan 2, 2013 7:23 AM
I like pie.

Jan 2, 2013 9:12 AM

@jessifer

Extremely High with 89.9% what is crazy with just 23 anime shared. Judging from that and your "about me" we got very similar taste

Watching:
Psycho-Pass - Not sure if I will get to it soon but it looks interesting. There's just so much to watch.

Completed:
Clannad - Wouldn't call it great but it was good soloely thanks to the side characters as Nagisa was one of the lamest mc's imo.
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - Flawed and full of holes but it delivers entertainment. What else is there to ask.
Death Note - Went downhill after...things happened.
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance - Pretty much the best anime movie I've seen and I've seen some more.
Fate/Zero - My favorite this year.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - A new look at the genre. Very surprising and entertaining.
So Ra No Wo To - I Need to check this out.

On-Hold
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Comment says all nice. Watch it, it's worth it.

Dropped
Nothing unusual here.

Plan to watch
I highly recommend Aria The Animation, Steins;Gate and Trigun.
Since you are into Fantasy/Action anime you might wanna check out Seirei no Moribito, Claymore, Berserk and Juuni Kokuki.
Modified by Zylixae, Jan 2, 2013 10:02 AM

Jan 2, 2013 9:33 AM

@Zylixae
compatibility: 85.3% Share (77)

Watching:
Hunter x Hunter (2011) - Better than the old version. Madhouse is doing a really good job with this and I'm really looking to rest of the GI arc..

Juuni Kokuki - I hated the MC all through out the series (especially after her so called "development"), but I tolerated her cause the story and settings were great.

One Piece - Thank you, Oda indeed..
Completed:

Elfen Lied - Don't think that's really a cliffhanger lol.

Escaflowne: A Girl in Gaea - Didn't watch this, but watch the series, it's a classic..

Freezing - Pretty bad.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Watch 2nd GIG!

Golden Boy - Lmao.

Hotaru no Haka - Best anime movie I've seen. Though I didn't like how it conveniently ignored what Japan had done to deserve those bombings (and what they've done was horrific beyond description). But I guess it's not really about that and it's more of a personal story so I guess can overlook that.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - Even though I'm a sucker for dark anime, I prefer the usual magical girl crap over this. Yeah it was pretty good, but it's really overrated imo.

Mononoke Hime - It wasn't bad, but I personally did not like this very much.

Sword Art Online - I really need to watch this soon. All the controversy surrounding it made me interested.

On-Hold:
Monster - One of the best anime I've seen. Pick it back up.

Dropped:
Beelzebub - You have good judgement. It took me a while to realize this anime is bad, and I still watched it till the bitter end (and it was bitter).
Gintama - Please give it another chance, I didn't like very much at first either. And I started watching this long before it was cool and even before I was a member of MAL.

Overall, nice list and good taste.

Plan to Watch Reccomendations:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Ergo Proxy
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Berserk
Texhnolyze
Blood+
Bokurano
Serial Experiments Lain
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
Mousou Dairinin
Mushishi
RahXephon
Jigoku Shoujo
Paprika
Modified by Hatul, Jan 2, 2013 10:14 AM

Jan 2, 2013 12:04 PM

Hope I'm doing this right

@HATUL300

Watching: Naruto Shippuden

I heard they're up to the war, stuff gets pretty interesting onwards. Just wait till itachi shows up.

I should try out torkiro sometime though

Completed:
Azumanga Diaoh - Aww ye

Other than that not much to say, I'd say your scoring is a lot more harsh and strict than mine.

On Hold:
Also waiting on Hellsing

Dropped:
Fairy Tail - I feel u.

Plan to Watch:
Also don't have much to say here since I obviously don't watch a lot of anime. Valkyria Chronicles is a fantastic game and I'm almost done with it, so I'm planing on watch the anime later too~

Jan 2, 2013 12:08 PM
@Ranzie

CLANNAD: I got pretty much spoiled for this show, so when I forget about this show I will watch it again.

Deadman Wonderland: I didn´t get annoyed by any character. Hope it gets a second season.

Ouran High School Host Club: Agree.

Modified by QueenCythia, Jan 2, 2013 12:14 PM

Jan 2, 2013 12:14 PM

@Ramzie

80% compat. Nice.

I can't get into shounen so I can't relate to the favorites.

Azumanga Daioh is ok, although I prefer the Yotsubato! manga, the authors other work.

Berserk! I haven't seen the old series' but I adore the manga. The first movie was a really solid adaptation.

I really didn't like Black Butler. There was something about it the rubbed me the wrong way.

Is that 10 for Queens Blade serious? I don't know anything about it but it doesn't LOOK like a 10. I could be wrong though lol.

I've heard such good things about Hellsing Ultimate. I'll have to try it.

Agreed with the Kenshin OVAs

Agreed with Sword Art.

I recommend you watch Steins;Gate and Fate/Zero.

Oh crap looks like I gotta do 2.
@QueenCythia

WOW HOT DAMN. How did you do that with your list?! Can you share the code?

Another, I couldn't get into it. I may drop it, but I should probably keep going.

No Clannad After Story? It's the best part of the series by far.

Fate/Prototype but not Fate/StayNight or Fate/Zero? You seem to enjoy Garden of Sinners movies so Fate/Zero is a must watch.

I recommend Bakemonogatari and all the other Monogataris that go with it.
Modified by ovoon7, Jan 2, 2013 12:30 PM

Jan 2, 2013 2:05 PM
@ovoon7

watching

Psycho-Pass Good show. Though some arcs of the crime around episode 4 or 5 are suck. But around 7 or 8 it is great.

completed

Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen loved it alot. Everything was perfect.

Kara no Kyoukai 7: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 2) It was good. That one part was gay.

Kokoro Connect 1st season>specials.

on hold

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Me too. Dub supass the original by all.

dropped

Another The premise is great! Watch it again.

Modified by LegendGoldDark, Jan 2, 2013 2:17 PM

Jan 2, 2013 2:41 PM

@GoldenBRS

compatibility 58.4% an 40 shared anime

watching
Psycho-Pass - 2nd fav show of the latest season
School Days - you will hate the characters but it has quite an unforgetable conclusion
Sword Art Online - only thing i liked was the soundtrack

completed
Angel Beats! - you didnt care for it but i iked the characters a lot
Bleach - i gave up on it, too many lame filler
Clannad: After Story - kinda liked the second half, except for that lame ending... at leastcit was an improvement over the boring first season
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 - i liked this season more than the first, it seems most people rate this sequel lower
Death Note - 5th fav anime
Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen - not a 10 for me but it was good, awesome soundtrack an impressive fights

dropped
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - it was very repetitive but the sequel is much better
Mirai Nikki (TV) - i only fiished it for Minene, it wasnt worth it

PTW
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - kinda melodramatic towards the end but it has its moments...7/10
Btooom! - lame cast of characters but good action scenes an soundtrack...7/10
Byousoku 5 Centimeter - outstanding animation an... thats about it...7/10
Denpa teki na Kanojo - boring for the most part but it has some nice characters...5/10
Fate/Zero - big improvement over the average fate stay night...8.5/10
Gantz - lots of violence an interesting characters...7/10
Jigoku Shoujo - extremely repetitive...4/10
Redline - outstanding animetion an insane action scenes...8/10
Rurouni Kenshin - as soon as the shishio arc ends, drop it...6/10
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - good animation an engaging plot...9/10
Steins;Gate - 2nd fav anime, perfect cast of characters an engaging plot...10/10

Modified by silversaint, Jan 2, 2013 2:58 PM

Jan 2, 2013 3:10 PM
Compatibility: Medium 55.4%

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: ~50th best anime ive seen, one-dimentional cast of character (including Wen-li) except for Oberstein and Reinhard and boring plot, OK soundtrack, I don't remember any of the death scenes, boring dialogue stating the obvious, some amazing space battles, but most unrealistic and forced, one of the worst ending out there ending, already forgotten it, although I've watched LoGH only two months ago; I only remember how bad it was.

Death Note: ~50th best anime ive ever seen, OK animation but unengaging plot, bad characters, maybe except for L and that agent's wife who figured out that Kira could kill with methods other than heart attack, don't remember the ending, but don't remember it as bad either

Steins;Gate: nice story, but gets boring at times, great animation, great cast of characters, memorable ending, plot holes

Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi: standard cast of characters (the same ones Ghibi always use), good animation an amazing soundtrack; great executiom

Code Geass R2: even worse than the first season, awfully unrealistic, but actually sad ending, great soundtrack, intriguing plotholed plot

Code Geass R1: mecha anime, OK protagonist, intriguing plot, a few annoying characters

Madoka: great animation an soundtrack, engaging plot, great characters (OK, most are indeed not interesting on their own, but are perfect for the setting they are placed in), memorable ending

Summer Wars: all of it was boring and bullshit, can't take seriously, not funny at all either

Btooom!: good animation, bad soundtrack, lame cast of characters, some cool action scenes, decent plot full of plot devices

Ookami to Koushinryou II: better than the previous season, good animation, interesting characters an engaging dialogue

Ookami to Koushinryou: great characters, slow start, endless speeches about economy are interesting imo, nice animation

Sword Art Online: great animation (I've never cared about fight scenes), standard characters, entertaining but standard plot, severe downhill after ep. 14, nice soundtrack

Mouretsu Pirates: entertaining, Marika is a very charming protagonist, weak plot, good soundtrack

Mars of Destruction: the legend that defined a generation, it changed my life! it demands a sequel ASAP, Beethoven soundtrack <3, everyone in the world need to see this, too godly to be rated, you havent lived until you ve seen MOD
Modified by Togop, Jan 2, 2013 3:36 PM

Jan 2, 2013 3:12 PM

@Togop

Watched

Girls Under Panzer - I might watch this if it's finish.

Completed

Angel Beats - I love all the cast.

Gosick - I think the ending is perfect.

Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai - My favorite show.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - Hidden gem to me.

Papa no Iukoto wa Kikinasai! - A good family show.

On-Hold

Natsuiro Kiseki - Good series about frienship.

Droped

Durarara - It has unique cast and storytelling.

Plan to Watch

Recommend

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Shakugan no Shana

The only show i watch on your PTW.
Modified by NeoAnkara, Jan 2, 2013 3:33 PM

Jan 2, 2013 3:34 PM

@NeoAnkara
Watching: Clannad - Yeah, the second season makes the show.
Fairy Tail - It's really generic, but I want to see what happened in the Manga currently
Naruto: Shippuden - #1 Wanked show, above average shounen though.
To Love Ru Darkness - I actually liked this (Manga)

Completed: Angel Beats - It wasn't that good
Bleach - They let it die too soon. They will probably pick it up now that the sales are going up like mad again. Hopefully Yama vs Bach will have veryvery high quality if that happens.
Death Note - I have no idea what to think about this show anymore
Digimon - Digimon Adventure (1) was the best, seriously.
Dragon Ball - Z >>> rest
Gosick - Is this fantasy or mystery, i'm confused. Even the romance...stuff was as weak as it gets
Hayate no Gotoku - Ok I got 1 or 2 lols from this atleast.
The World God Only Knows - The Anime is better than I expected, got bored of the manga after awhile though. It did try getting more serious and I might pick it up soon now that it's like 40 chapters ahead.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Ok it might have been a good show... however the ending for both the manga and anime just make it look like crap, sadface.
Slam Dunk - I was expecting Kuroko no Basuke to be like this.
To Aru Majutsu no Index - It's boring, but 2nd season accelerator makes me wait for the third season.
Toradora - It's a good romance show.
Zero no Tsukaima - only 1 good scene

Dropped:
They suck tits in Seikon no Qwaser.
Modified by k11chi, Jan 2, 2013 3:51 PM

Jan 2, 2013 4:26 PM

Watching- not a lot I can comment on
Hyouka- is amazing though

Completed-
Baccano- was a great show, constantly threw me off from things I would expect
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai- Hysterical show I'm glad you gave it a high rating
Cowboy Bebop- I respect your ten
Death Note- thank you I'm not the only one
Durarara- I surprised you gave it that low a score I thought it did more right then wrong
Flcl- that's a show you should watch more than once to fully enjoy it
Gintama- I'm loving the shit out of it, glad to see it has a high score
Kimi Ni Todoke- good romance
Sora no Otoshimono- I'm surprised by the lower score again, I think the jokes are pretty strong
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo- I'm almost upset you gave it a 5
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun- great show
Toradora- I approve of your 9

On-hold- Nothing for me to really comment on

Dropped-
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!- you should really give it a few more episodes it was probably my favorite show of the year
K-on!- I can understand if its not your type of humor
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica- give it some more episodes, its not that long and it goes to some great places
Sket Dance- gets funnier as it goes and the drama it does later on is fantastic

Plan to watch- not a lot I can comment on
Ghost Hound- its a pretty weak show with some good moments you might not like it
K- I really enjoyed it, but judging by what everyone else is saying you might not care for it

Jan 2, 2013 4:48 PM

Watching -

Shinsekai Yori - One of the best of the season. Episode 8 might throw you off but it gets really good later on. Great futuristic premise too.
Zetsuen no Tempest - I need to watch more of this but I really like it so far.

Completed -

Baccano! - What a great series. One of the very best.
Death Note - Yeah, this show really loses steam toward the end but the first part is great.
Guilty Crown - Train wreck.
Samurai Champloo - I love this show. It is a great adventure and has great action scenes.
Haruhi - All of the seasons/movies/eps are awesome aside from the endless eight but it is just a fun series to watch.
SAO - Disappointing but the world is animated very well and it is at the least enjoyable.
Toradora - One of the top two romances for me and a very heartwarming show.
Un-Go - I loved this show and I have no idea why.

Dropped -

Kuroko no Basuke - It may be slow at times but this is one of the best anime of the year for me. Worth picking back up if you have time. Second season is on the way. Even if sports aren't your thing it isn't only about sports, they just make up a big part of the action.

Plan To Watch -

Bakemonogatari - One of my favorites and a very dialogue heavy anime that isn't for everyone but it is awesome.
Code Geass R2 - Not as good as the first season but worth watching.
Steins;Gate - The best anime that I have ever seen imo. This anime just has to be watched. It is SO good. Sci-fi time travel premise screws with your head a bit though.
Robotics;Notes - Starting to live up to Steins;Gate imo. The second half starts next week and shit just got real.

Jan 2, 2013 4:50 PM
@SamuraiSnap

completed

Clannad Good anime.

Deadman Wonderland Great anime. Wish they season 2 already.

on-hold

Cowboy Bebop Don't like this anime at all. Overated.

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia shitty show.Romance and fan service every time. Drop the show now.

Modified by LegendGoldDark, Jan 2, 2013 4:55 PM

Jan 2, 2013 4:51 PM

@GoldenBRS

Watching

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - The cast is quirky.

Complete

Black Rock Shooter OVA - I don't know what happen but the animation is pretty.

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou - The humor is hit and miss.

Toradora - My favorite romance show.

Plan to watch

Recommending

Aquarion Evol 7/10
Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai 9/10
Katekyou Hitman Reborn! 8/10
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne! 8/10
Sora no Otoshimono 7/10
Modified by NeoAnkara, Jan 2, 2013 5:06 PM

Jan 2, 2013 5:32 PM

editing - @NeoAnkara

Jan 2, 2013 6:26 PM

@Impartialfate

Watching
Little Busters! - Wow, I really disagree with you on this. It's really average so far. Most of the characters annoy me and nothing interesting is happening. I hope the second half do better.
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne! - It's hilarious. The characters are all lovable and the ecchi isn't stupid over-the-top unfunny shit, but actually tasteful. And it's so underrated. Hope you like it tbh.
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - At first I hated it, but now it's starting to look a little better, especially because of Ryuunosuke <3

Completed
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - I thought it was horrible. Honestly, this is why I always step away from Romcoms a little, because most of them are like this... Thing.
Aki-Sora - It was just the siblings fucking, I was a little surprised because it wasn't labeled as hentai. I was expecting more depth...
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - Man, I agree, this is one of the funniest things I've ever watched in my life. Not to mention the A+ cast, literally everyone had me laughing at some point. One of my favorites series, in all honesty. Just didn't like the second season all that much (though the Minami episode was awesome).
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Love the characters, but missed most of the jokes. I'm looking foward for the second season, though.
Clannad - Your tags are really spot-on lol. First season is heartwarming and bittersweet, second season makes you cry like a fucking bitch. And both are great.
Durarara!! - I disagree with your score, this series is so fucking good. It's original, badass, the characters are amazing and it was so entertaining I watched all it in one sitting.
Highschool DxD - I'm watching this right now and I can only laugh at how bad it is. Sorry, but it's got a lot of angst coming out of nowhere. And about the ecchi, the problem with it isn't the amount, but it's how... Awkward it's placed, I mean, a villain that shoots laser beams out of her tits? Really?!
Highschool of the Dead - The only thing this has in common with DxD is the large amount of fanservice. But if you take the fanservice out of HoTD, you still have awesome characters with substance and badass scenes, and if you take the fanservice out of DxD you have... ????
Ichigo 100% - Idk about the anime, but the manga is really good, so you should try it.
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? - I loved the first half, but the second half was meh. I should finishd the second season, since imo comedy > ecchi.
Love Hina - I liked Otohime but the rest was predictable and... just bad. Our tastes are so far apart.
Naruto - Since you're a fanboy, I better shut up about my opinion on this, then.
Ouran Koukou Host Club - If this is your first reverse harem, you may as well stop watching them, because it's easily the best one out there. Hilarious and adorable.
Rosario + Vampire - The manga shits on this tbh. The anime pretty much cut off every character interaction/progression and plot to put... Ecchi filler. Eugh. Read the manga, seriously.
School Days - It's kind of stupid to low your score just because people hate the anime. I mean, dude, rate it the way you want and fuck what the others say. I personally like School Days a lot, too, and I don't really care for all the hate.
Sword Art Online - I'm on the side of those who disliked it. Can see why one would like it, though.
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - Another series I really hate and you love. I'm kind of impressed by how different our tastes are.
Toradora! - Still the best Romcom I've ever watched. Surely deserves the love.

On-hold
Mahou Sensei Negima! - Read the manga. Just. Do it. Both adaptations are horrible compared to the manga.
Soul Eater - You really shouldn't drop it just because there's no canon romance. It's a great series.

Dropped
Pandora Hearts - It doesn't get better. If anything, it gets more and more underwhelming.
Vampire Knight - More like it isn't good AT ALL.

PTW
This may be pointless considering that our tastes are nothing alike, but still...

I recommend: Bakemonogatari, Hyouka, Kanon (2006), Nana and Paradise Kiss.
I don't recommend: Nazo no Kanojo X and Mars of Destruction (though MoD is so bad it's funny).
Modified by jiroutachi, Jan 2, 2013 6:59 PM

Jan 3, 2013 12:44 PM

@donotthrowsouls

Anime compatibility with donotthrowsouls_ is:
High
77.3%
Anime You Share (76)

Completed

Aria The Animation- Embarrassing Remarks are not allowed!
Hazukashii Serifu Kinshi! This is in my opinion the greatest catchphrase in anime ever. I'm pretty sure the series would've felt fake and pretentious if it wasn't for it.

D.Gray-man- You gotta give Hoshino credit for using the biggest number of ass pulls I've ever seen and still manage to make this good somehow
I guess that would make him the opposite of Kubo. One managed to make it good somehow while the other fucked up his work.

Cowboy Bebop- Bang
Yoko Kanno's Blue. Writing this comment while listening to this...."LSDJKG GREDN LIGN LSNDKSJ EDNJ OLVEIN"

Paradise Kiss- The ending was perfect. Wouldn't change a thing
The ending is not beautiful, therefore it is. (Oh! you didn't watch Kino no Tabi yet! Nevermind then.)

Black Lagoon- A lot more entertaining than Hollywood indeed
Amen, Hallelujah, Peanut Butter.

Nisemonogatari- Toothbrush aside, I like this one as much as Bakemono. Shinobu is the best
Toothbrush aside, Where is Oshino? He was my favorite character.

Mawaru Penguindrum- SEIZON SENRYAKUUUUUU
Shibireru darou!

Mirai Nikki- Minene can come bomb my school anyday
Your tags are hilarious and fun to read. I will probably check them all.

Jigoku Shoujo- Ai seriously freaks me out. I can't even think of her as adorable, she's plain creepy
She is cute though. something about her....

Gunslinger Girl- Lolis with guns. Heartbreaking, though. Triela is the best
Well Triela was the only character that felt real in this anime. the rest of them were so emotionless. And I mean all the cast, including the mentors.

Cossette no Shouzou- Shit was disturbing
Shit was art. And it looks like neither of us understand art.

Rosario + Vampire- Panties, boobs, panties, oh look is that a plot, lol nope, more panties
I wonder what kind of people enjoy this stuff. I mean all the panty shots and boobs arouse nothing but irritation out of me, so there's either something sexually wrong with me or something mentally wrong with them! Which one I wonder? No disrespect to the manga fans though.

Sukitte Ii na yo- Watching dumb people being romantically involved is frustrating as hell
"Watching dumb prince charming being sweet to a dumb girl without reason is frustrating as hell". Fixed that for you

Boku no Pico- It was like Satan was showing me his porn collection
O forgive us, Lord, for we have sinned.

Pico to Chico- Why did I even
This art they said, we do not encourage child pornography they said.

Recommendation

Princess Tutu & Tatami Galaxy- "Near godly character development. Perfect ending. My heart is dust" Well, they are not similar but your Princess Tutu tag perfectly described Tatami Galaxy, so I had to quote it. Anyway since you liked Bakemonogatari I'm pretty sure you will enjoy the interesting cast, fast beautiful dialog, weird directing and art in Tatami too. Be sure to check it out.

Full Metal Alchemist & Hunter x Hunter- Both of them are work that transcend the Shounen boundary. Full Metal is intelligent and rich while Hunter is dark and more Seinen like. Not to mention both of them are short titles compared to other Shounen animes. Of course Gintama and One Piece too are must watch series that are missing from your list but for the time being start with Hunter x Hunter.

Kaleido Star, Skip Beat & Glass Mask (2005): All of them are shows that deserve more love. all of them are about a female main character who's trying to become "Star" while going through bumps in the road. All of them have emotional moments and of course great character development which is to be excepted from this kind of stories. Kaleido Star and Skip Beat are more on the comedic side while Glass Mask is..... on the "Legendry" side. Seriously that thing is classic, you should definitely check it out.

Ghibli: You watched Nausicaa, Kiki and Grave of the fireflies and didn't bother to check Princess Mononoke, Sprited Away, Whisper Of the Heart. While I, the opposite of you, watched these titles, loved them, and never bothered to check out what you watched, aka Nausicaa...etc. both of us are committing a blasphemy against Ghibli and Miyazaki.

Plan to Watch

Well most of them are in my completed list, and most of them are good shows that I rated highly. So you could take a look at my list, read the tags, check out the score and start with whatever pique your interest the most. Or you could start with the ones you already downloaded. Personally, If I were you I would start with the deep ones: LOTGH, Ghost in the Shell, Serial Experiments Lain, Paprika..etc.
Ok, that's all. Good taste overall, I salute you my fellow Meguca!
Modified by brimskeb, Jan 3, 2013 2:04 PM

Jan 3, 2013 2:03 PM

@jama91

Damn that was a good read. Our tastes are surprisingly similar, with a few exceptions.

You have watched just about everything though.

I seriously have so much to say about everything you listed that I pretty much just said "I agree" or "I should watch that if you liked it so much".

Unfortunately there isn't much for me to recommend. All I can say is to finish Aria, read the manga (Especially if you liked Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou) watch more Bakuman, and most definately watch Space Brothers. If you love the kind of show about people achieving their dreams, that is one of the best.

Watch the Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou OVAs, because they're pretty cool if you've finished the manga.

Watch the Ruroni Kenshin OVA! Unless my comparison list lies to me, it says you haven't seen it. WATCH. THAT. OVA.

Watch the Berserk movies. It adapts the manga way better than the show does.
Modified by ovoon7, Jan 3, 2013 3:56 PM

Jan 3, 2013 4:26 PM
Marvell

Alright. First of all, love the design. That's honestly the coolest list ever, I applaud you. I notice you have watched a lot of the same anime as I have, so that's cool, but I've also noticed you've dropped some good animes, Lovely Complex for example. You've seen 1 episode, but don't let that affect your opinion, cause I was hesitant at first as well. I watched a few more episodes and got more and more into it, until the point I was sad it was over. Also, Kanon (2006) and Air are some of the best animes I've ever seen. It says you haven't even watched them, yet it's on your Dropped list. Give them a try.

Overall, I approve.

Jan 3, 2013 4:33 PM

@DoomTheWiseWolf

Watching

Baka to Test to Shokanjuu - This one make me laughing a lot.

Fairy Tail - You give it 10 same with me.

Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai - Keima is the most unique MC i've ever seen.

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai - I'm in the middle of downloading the VN right now.

Completed

Clannad - I realy want Kyou to be the main heroine.

Highschool DxD - An Example of what harem ecchi should like.

Motto To Love-Ru - My gateway to a harem ecchi series.

Rosario + Vampire - If only this following the manga more.

On-Hold

No problem

Droped

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - You should pick this up again since there is many amazing duel.

Plan to Watch

Recomendation

Fairy Tail OVA
Hayate no Gotoku!
Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai II
Sora no Otoshimono Movie
Toradora!

Your list overall is like my list. I like it.
Modified by NeoAnkara, Jan 3, 2013 4:52 PM

Jan 3, 2013 4:35 PM

@NeoAnkara

68% compatibility, not bad.

Watching

Fairy Tail - I seriously love Fairy Tail, especially because of the Grand Magic Games arc going on right now. It's one of the best shounen arcs I've seen!
K - I really wanted to like this but the plot just went absolutely nowhere and I lost interest quick.
KuroBas - One of my favourite anime from 2012. The matches, especially later on, moved me so much to tears.
Little Busters! - I watched two episodes and could not handle Komari's voice. I don't think I'll pick it up again unless it ends up getting so good that it gets on MAL's top 50.
Naruto Shippuuden - Wow, haven't seen anyone with Shippuuden on their watching list for a long time. I've always had a soft spot for Naruto, actually.

Completed
Angel Beats! - I get why you liked it, but I really didn't think it was that great. Ending was done beautifully though.
Arata naru Sekai: Mirai-hen - One of the better OVAs I watched, actually.
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - Loved it as well! The class battles were the best. Akihisa and Yuuji are hilarious.
Bleach movies - Very nostalgic for me. I'd like to rate them higher but I've watched much better movies.
Clannad - Very surprised you haven't watched After Story yet!
Code Geass - I agree. CG was one of my first anime and Lelouch is a great main character.
Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha - I liked this as well. Don't watch the 2nd season, it'll ruin the series for you. I recommend you watch the OVA though if you ship Hei and Yin (which I do!!!)
Death Note - Like with Code Geass, Death Note's also got that nostalgic factor to it.
Dragon Ball Kai - I was really disappointed how they didn't remake the Buu saga. My favourite part of DBZ was Gohan going to high school and meeting Videl and teaching her how to fly. I also really liked the World Martial Arts Tournament where Gohan and Trunks fought Number 18, haha.
Fate/Stay night - You need to watch Fate/Zero if you liked this. F/Z is probably a million times better than FSN.
Fairy Tail OVA - Was a good OVA series, but a 10?
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Best anime ever, no contest.
Gosick - I personally loved Gosick to death, but that's cuz anything with mystery I tend to really enjoy. Plus they had romance too!
Guilty Crown - Wow, I didn't know people actually liked GC :$
Hikaru no Go - Only a 7? HnG is practically 10 worthy if you ask me. Truly a classic.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - The bomb. Period.
Naruto - I agree with you on the filler statement. I remember I actually really loved the infamous Naruto fillers. They were really hilarious and I fondly remember the Team 8 + Naruto mission where they had to find a bug.
Sword Art Online - Disagree strongly with your score, but we'll leave it at that.
Toradora! - I absolutely hated Toradora....
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! I loved this anime to death. Yusei and Jack and Bruno and EVERYONE were fabulous.

On-Hold
Durarara!! Specials - Haha, you should just finish it. It'll take you 20 mins.
Shinsekai yori - Best anime this year. Give it another chance.

Dropped
Bakuman. - It is pretty slow, but it's a worthwhile watch.
Hyouka - You rated this an 8 and dropped it? What?
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - But you rated it a 7......... K I'm confused.

Plan to Watch
I recommend D.gray-man, Fate/Zero strongly, Gintama, Spice and Wolf, and Steins;Gate!

Modified by itsvero, Jan 3, 2013 5:03 PM

Jan 4, 2013 5:27 AM

@danmari
Watching
Cowboy Bebop-it's never too late lol

Completed
Bleach-7 reasonable
Btooom-7 needs a 2nd season ASAP
Durarara-I'm guessing you enjoyed it as much as baccano
TTGL-10 too ovverated
Mars of destruction-1 wow xD
Steins Gate-fair
Kamikaze Jeanne-5 :(

On-Hold
GTO-you're gonna love this

Dropped
Znt,Toradora,Code Geass,Sao,wtf o.0

PTW
I think you might like Angel Beats,Bakemonogatari,Jigoku Shoujo,Berserk
and don't watch Kamichu it sucks
overall okay list I guess...I disagree with you dropped and 10 choices but whatever it's your tastes:)
Modified by renders, Jan 4, 2013 5:35 AM

Jan 4, 2013 5:31 AM
@ Renders I find most of those really boring. Death Note and Naruto for the win

Jan 4, 2013 5:36 AM

Pandarenboy said:
@ Renders I find most of those really boring. Death Note and Naruto for the win

It'd be nicer if you used more than a sentence

Jan 4, 2013 10:01 AM

@renders

compatibility: 70.3% Anime You Share (103)

Watching:
Fairy Tail - I also have no idea why I watched 150 eps and then finally dropped it. All the cliches and the cheesy speeches etc' are really annoying.

One Piece - It's beyond my understanding how some people can like FT so much when this exists...

Serial Experiments Lain - Watch til the end, even if you're bored. Trust me, its worth it.

Completed:

Afro Samurai - 7/10 is quite generous for this one imo. The movie sequel (or whatever it was) is kinda decent though.

Akira - I personally love the movie, but the manga is 10x better. Highly recommended.

Beyblade - Even when I was a kid I didn't like this very much.

Black Lagoon - I guess I can't argue with it being fun, it was kinda fun. But how ridiculous it was kinda ruined for me. Not a big fan, even though I've watched all of it lol.

Blue Gender - I like this more than most people, I thought it was great, even though I didn't like how it ended (the end was pretty solid though).

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Aww, that's too bad you don't like this. I wonder what it is about it that you don't like. Now that I think about it, it's pretty rare seeing someone not like this..

Hunter x Hunter - Awesome. The new version is even better imo and I think most people agree after the yorkshin arc..

Kaleido Star - I'm starting to have high expectations for this.

Shaman King - I didn't like this at all. Even FT is a little better. Though I gave both a 5/10..

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - WTF? No, it's excellent.

Yu-Gi-Oh - Ah, you're a commited fan of the whole franchise I see. So am I, as a guilty pleasure though..

Dropped:

Blood+ - That's too bad.

Highschool of the Dead - It's pretty lame, but I still enjoyed it to an extent.

Reccomended from PTW:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - YES! Watch "my conquest is the sea of stars" first.
Ergo Proxy
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Hotaru no Haka
Mousou Dairinin
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Watch the 1995 movie first though.
Gungrave
One Outs

There's some other good stuff in your PTW, but these are the best imo.

You have pretty good taste btw. Though I strongly disagree about Gurren Laggan and Higurashi.
Modified by Hatul, Jan 4, 2013 10:48 AM

Pages (153) « First ... « 121 122 [123] 124 125 » ... Last »