Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (151) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2009 9:32 PM
Jun 2009
Veethorn:

Wow, we share no common anime at all! That's probably because I'm mostly a shoujo fan, and you're a hardcore shounen fan, no?
Nov 7, 2009 10:03 PM

Aug 2008
Pretty much balanced across the board. We don't share as much as we do share.
Nov 7, 2009 10:23 PM

Jun 2009
Awesome, two anime shared on our favorites list and two anime on your favorites I'm almost guaranteed to enjoy. You get bonus points just for that.

Our shared anime scores are fairly similar, I'm a little tougher on the scoring but I'm used to that. What I can't agree with are the scores for either The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, in particular the second season. You drop it and give it a 1? All that makes you look like is someone who let's all the raging of the Endless Eight arc influence you. And that isn't a good thing, watch it for yourself then rate it. You shouldn't just throw a 1 out there with just 3 episodes. Now, if you rated it a one after seeing the entire series, I'd take it a little more seriously.

I also think that 20 tens out of just over 100 completed series is a bit much, but I'm fairly strict on my tens. However, some of the series are good enough to get the rating, such as After Story, Aria the Natural, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes. And, some of the others I can't speak for.

On your Plan to Watch list, I wholeheartedly recommend Miname-ke. That may be one of the funniest anime i've seen.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 7, 2009 10:31 PM

Feb 2009
xxtsubasa said:
Veethorn:

Wow, we share no common anime at all! That's probably because I'm mostly a shoujo fan, and you're a hardcore shounen fan, no?

I wouldn't say hardcore... but shounen is defenitely the genre I follow the most xD
Nov 7, 2009 10:48 PM

Aug 2008
insan3soldiern said:
Awesome, two anime shared on our favorites list and two anime on your favorites I'm almost guaranteed to enjoy. You get bonus points just for that.

Our shared anime scores are fairly similar, I'm a little tougher on the scoring but I'm used to that. What I can't agree with are the scores for either The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, in particular the second season. You drop it and give it a 1? All that makes you look like is someone who let's all the raging of the Endless Eight arc influence you. And that isn't a good thing, watch it for yourself then rate it. You shouldn't just throw a 1 out there with just 3 episodes. Now, if you rated it a one after seeing the entire series, I'd take it a little more seriously.

I also think that 20 tens out of just over 100 completed series is a bit much, but I'm fairly strict on my tens. However, some of the series are good enough to get the rating, such as After Story, Aria the Natural, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes. And, some of the others I can't speak for.

On your Plan to Watch list, I wholeheartedly recommend Miname-ke. That may be one of the funniest anime i've seen.

Meh, I am prejudice towards the Haruhi series now, but to each is their own. It bothers me to no end the people that throw it perfect scores, but by the same token I'm the antithesis to what I hate, so I have no right to complain.

As for the tens, yeah I throw those out a lot, and I tend to slowly lower scores overtime, so the 10 ratio is slowly dropping over time. As for Miname-ke I'm considering either it or Mushishi as to what I watch next. *shrugs*
Nov 7, 2009 11:09 PM

Jul 2008
u seem to liek watching slice of life animes and comedy...maybe action too but ican tell u didnt really fancy dragon ball due to all the low ratings

also i can see that u rate animes based on how much you enjoyed it as i can see big difference in ratings thru varied types of animes

i recommend that u pick up mushishi from your list and try watching gintama..its hilarious
Rules were made to be broken

Nov 7, 2009 11:51 PM

Aug 2008
Guess I should stop quoting and responding to random comments, and actually participate correctly.

Hm, looks like a lot of action anime with some other genres mixed in. Looks pretty good to me, a lot more action anime than what would be my taste, but I only just started getting into watching a few action anime. Looks like some pretty normal scores (not too low, not too high.)

I would definitely recommend Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Don't be turned away by the age factor, or the amount episodes. No filler and just absolute goodness. Maybe even giving TTGL another try. I had to force myself to finally try it, and I thought it was pretty touch-and-go at the beginning, but I ended up liking it pretty well by the end.
Nov 8, 2009 12:28 AM

Jul 2009
Anime compatibility with Tsurayu is 82%

well you have a good list but you have rated some good animes quite low
yu yu hakusho - 6 is quite low
maybe your not into such type of animes
apart from that your rating are quite fair
Nov 8, 2009 12:32 AM

Nov 2009
Anime compatibility is 58%...

Well I godda say there alot on your list that I have been meaning to watch and the ones that I do share in common with you are some of the better ones I've seen I guess but I dunno it seems we didnt see eye-to-eye on anything in particular... Oh well
Nov 8, 2009 12:49 AM

Jan 2009
Anime compatibility with Pirating_Ninja is: Medium-Low 47.5% Anime You Share (39)

How we rate anime is cleary different but no biggie. You gave One Piece a 10 so all is forgiving ^_^.

List is just clear white so nothing to comment on there, at least it doesn't hurt my eyes. Also like the fact that you don't have any really annoying tags on there.

It seems you are into your shounen action anime so i suggest you check out these titles.
Sword of the Stranger and Samurai Champloo. Both have some of the best choreographed fights i have personally seen in anime.

Since you enjoy your fair share of romantic anime i will also recommend Lovely Complex and Nana. Lovely Complex is your typical Rom Com, but it's great and keeps you interested. Nana is by far one of the most realistic romance anime's out there.
Nov 8, 2009 12:54 AM

Aug 2009
@Pirating_Ninja

Compatibility medium.. near 50%

No background, so it saves me the trouble for commenting abt it.

I can guess that you must obviously dislike the anime you rate lower than 5 after taking a look at ur list. Most of the titles are rated 7/8/9. You've tasted many different things aldy, though you seem to prefer romance series. You rate things b4 they are done and prefer short ones. most of your list are less than or equal 26 eps. No dropped series yet. Give phantom 9? ^^ dun wana spoil u. but the ending is one of the unexpected and awesome one. Give priority to GTO frm ur ptw list. Bleach and NS on hold. Want to wait them finish and continue watching? XD
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 8, 2009 1:33 AM
Aug 2008
Compatibility: 57.8

The comments on the list are nice, if a little limited. You haven't given anything less than a 5 rating, which I find odd. Or do you just drop the ones that you dislike? I'd recommend being more diverse with your viewing choices.
Nov 8, 2009 1:43 AM

Nov 2007
Vienna: 56.4% compat with 201 shared is a clear indication we have rather different tastes, and in fact you have two series I believe to be highly overrated as favourites. You score things you haven't finished, which I find :( but you do have broad tastes which is good. Fair bit of older anime on your list, too, which is always nice to see, as is the fact you use the full range of rating.

I do disagree with a lot of your scoring, but that's natural for such a mediocre compatibility. You rated some of my favourite comedies very poorly, and several series I detest very highly. :( Not much else to say really.
Nov 8, 2009 1:53 AM

Jul 2008
wow we share 101 animes with a 71.9% compatibility
not bad!

nice layout of your list..
u dont really seem to be a fan of bleach seeing that u rated it a 6

i like how u rate your anime based on your enjoyment level and not other factors
u sure watch alot of anime...way more than me wow :P
its good that u watch alot of animes because the animes you watch varies from different categories..thats nice

try giving gintama another go..its a really great anime

Nov 8, 2009 2:08 AM

Nov 2007
Mugiwara_ said:
nice layout of your list..
u dont really seem to be a fan of bleach seeing that u rated it a 6

try giving gintama another go..its a really great anime

Are you talking about me? I haven't rated Bleach o.O I have it on hold at the moment, kind of waiting until HM is properly over so I can watch through it without the idiotic filler.

Also Gintama is on hold at the moment just... because. I will get around to watching more but it's not really a priority.
Nov 8, 2009 2:19 AM

Oct 2009
Our compatability is a somewhat high 72.5%.
I noticed you have a really, really long plan to watch list. I recommend picking up Welcome to the NHK again, and also start watching Black Lagoon. We seem to agree on some of the ratings. But I think a 10 was alittle too much for Toradora, but that's just me. Good list, and not a bad layout.
Nov 8, 2009 2:27 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm, don't even share a compatibility because we share so few anime in common and scores that differ fairly much. I'm not really sure what to say about the anime list. It seems like you have a very wide variety. Perhaps just getting into it? Or perhaps an eclectic taste?

As for the list itself it's the default blue tones, which I like. It's better than the default manga's red and black. >.<

As for your Plan to Watch I'd definitely say Cowboy Bebop is a good choice. It's a cult classic for a reason.

.. and Toradora! a four? Really? Oh well, to each their own. I'm gonna guess that's because you saw Lovely Complex first and Toradora! seems like it was ripped straight from that maybe? Only just started LC myself, so I'll have to see which one fairs better. XD
Nov 8, 2009 4:53 AM

Jul 2009
Our compatibility is Low with only 32.8% anime shared, we rate things completely differently. Woah, sixteen 10's!! I wouldn't say you are a generous rater but a fair one though you haven't rated anything below a 3 (except for the second season of Haruhi). I see you have Special A on your plan to watch. Personally, I didn't like the anime but I guess that's because I read the manga first. Your genres are well ranged, but you seem to like slice of life genre a bit more since they're getting the 10s from you a lot. Clean and nice list style/background.

Nov 8, 2009 6:14 AM

Jul 2008
the tags are pretty much unecessary but if thats how you're comfortable with your list then ill respect it

try watching gintama and sayonara zetsubou sensei..its pretty much random but its hilarious
(+1) with the 5 for d.gray-man..i thought it was bad as it got towards the end -_-...though i really like tyki and road...they're cool! :D

but i really dont think u shud drop code geass..its a really good anime..try picking it up again..u might change your mind

Nov 8, 2009 4:46 PM
Aug 2008
ShadowbladeEdge said:

Short list. Horrible misuse of tag space. You rate things before you've finished. A few disagreeable scores but, nothing I really care about. Not a lot more to say really. Watch more anime so I can judge you, JUDGE YOU!

Why is it such an issue to rate things before you're finished? The rating would just apply to the episodes you've watched.
Nov 8, 2009 4:57 PM

Mar 2009
69.2% In common.

On average you rate things lower than I, seem to have high expectations. All understandable, but the only thing that caught me as .... debatable was the rating of a 4 for Gungrave.....
Nov 8, 2009 7:17 PM

Mar 2009
ShadowbladeEdge:

From Texas. 'Nough said.
Nov 8, 2009 7:17 PM

Mar 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
ViennaWhy said:
is it such an issue to rate things before you're finished? The rating would just apply to the episodes you've watched.
Roll up to page 7ish, whats ta find out how I feel.

Aizo

Short list. No tags in tag field. You rate things before you're done. Mostly new stuff it seems. 9 for Eva, boo. Other than that nothing particularly offensive or unusual.
\

I rate 'Fairy Tail' because I compare it to the manga, I rate 'Darker Than Black' second season because I compare it to the first season and for Shin Chan that is two full seasons for an anime with a non-linear story line. You wouldn't have to watch all of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" to know it is funny. And what is with your superiority complex which entails the need to criticize everyone?
Nov 8, 2009 7:21 PM

Oct 2009
@Aizo

Other than Naruto and Inuyasha, I like it. 76% shared if I remember correctly. And it looks like you have busy time ahead of you with all that stuff under Plan to Watch.

I imagine a lot of people will be against my dropped anime.
Insert attention-grabbing signature here
Nov 8, 2009 7:24 PM

Mar 2009
@Darcsyde

I do indeed have much planned, the only problem is that I don't have enough time! Haha. I don't watch any of your dropped so I don't disagree :P
Nov 8, 2009 11:45 PM

Oct 2009
Darcsyde

Short list. You rate things before you're done with them. Action fan if I've ever seen one. Don't care for the 5 for Toradora after not watching even half of it. I think you might like Baccano or CANAAN, wouldn't kill you to check them out.

Definitely a fan of the action, but that's not to say I don't enjoy some romance. I just haven't found much I was able to get into. Most of what I've seen (and yes, it's only a few) seemed to lack much momentum to the actual plot. And overall seemed like it was more concerned with pleasing every viewer's tastes in a love interest and finding excuses to make more episodes than it was to actually telling a good story.

You've also reminded me that I still have CANAAN on hold, and I'll be sure to check out Baccano!.
DarcsydeNov 8, 2009 11:52 PM
Insert attention-grabbing signature here
Nov 8, 2009 11:57 PM

Mar 2009
I've changed my list background.

Anyway, @Darcsyde,

We share 11 anime. You rated Death Note a 7. Your list colour etc is simple but readable.
Nov 8, 2009 11:59 PM

Jul 2008
Vienna said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:

Short list. Horrible misuse of tag space. You rate things before you've finished. A few disagreeable scores but, nothing I really care about. Not a lot more to say really. Watch more anime so I can judge you, JUDGE YOU!

Why is it such an issue to rate things before you're finished? The rating would just apply to the episodes you've watched.

i agree..whats the big deal..even i rate the anime before i finish it...i just rate it based on the episodes i've watched so far..if that were the case..god knows how long i have to wait before i rate one piece...

Nov 9, 2009 1:41 AM

Aug 2009
@Mugiwara_

LOL, list style formatting is quite similar to mine, if mushishi bg is not taken into accuont. medium compatibility

Your taste seem to be widespread. i cannot deduce what type of genres you like most, though i can vaguely infer that you prefer action/shounen type. Higurashi, CG and some other my fav anime earn good place in your list. ^^One of the guys who uses a rating system different from MAL's.

Dropped naruto, monster and TTGL? for the first two i can understand. but for TTGL, i cant understand why you dropped after watching only 3 eps. maybe you should pull yourself together to watch some more eps.i'm not surprised to see tat one piece franchise earn good ratings while naruto's are rated low, since you like one piece tat much.

Your PTW list is gonna entertain you for quite a while. Why are there mountains of on-holds? loses interest in them?no, i dun think so. cuz u hav a 10 in your on-hold list.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 9, 2009 6:52 AM

Dec 2008
-Freedom_Gunboy-
We seem to be currently watching quite a few of the same anime, otherwise we only have 31 shared.
I was surprised at the 10 rating for Naruto.. but then I read your tag about it, so I guess that's different. Looking at what you completed, it seems like you mostly watch action. You haven't dropped that much, but I wonder why you would drop something when there were so few episodes left. (16/24) Well I haven't watched the anime you dropped, so I can't really say anything xD.
Nov 9, 2009 7:10 AM

Jun 2007
kaydee-de-dee:

Has Cloud and Vincent on her top character list, and probably cries whilst watching Kimi ni. Clearly a deranged fangirl.

...oh wait, wrong thread. My bad, love.

71.6%... 40 titles... 7.0 (you) vs. 7.3 (God)

Well, for a deranged fangirl, your ratings aren't bad. We haven't watched a huge amount of the same titles, but it shocked me to see you didn't score Advent Children 10/10.

It seems my initial impression was totally wrong, actually. You even rated Howl's Castle 5/10, which proves to me you're no graphic whore. There's some logic behind the pretty boy loving madness.

The biggest 'O.o' is you rating Bleach 4/10 and Naruto 7/10, but I have no real beef with that - I like Naruto more than Bleach, despite me giving the adaptations of both 8/10.

I view it as daft to give Kimi ni 10/10 after a few episodes... but, to be fair, I gave it 9/10 after the first two. And you're female. I'll forgive you for throwing out a 10 so easily.

Looking at your actual list, it amuses me to see you've yet to give a completed series 10/10, with True Tears of all things appearing top of your list.

Also, we both dropped Shippuuden. I was smarter, dropping it after 17 episodes instead of 84, but at least you saw sense eventually. You did the right thing.

Finally: your list is basic, check my ratings since our tastes are similar for recommendations and have fun.

........OH! And, if you haven't already, watch Kare Kano. It's very similar to your current love.
Nov 9, 2009 7:11 AM

Jun 2008

kaydee
Basically we rate very few shows with the same score. And our compatibility is medium. It seems you are more strict than me. But judging from the score you gave to Kimi ni Todoke despite the only 5 episodes until now am thinking that maybe your style is more in the romantic slice of life(not moe) anime and you didn't realize. I would suggest for you to see NANA, i think is very possible you will give it a 10.
Nov 9, 2009 7:23 AM

Feb 2009
Anime compatibility with Monad is:
High
78.2%

We pretty much enjoy and agree on all shounens (Naruto, bleach, Full Metal, DB, etc) xD the only difference being I rate some movies of those franchises a little lower. Besides that we also agree on Cowboy Bebop, amazing anime.
Good list, much longer than mine for now, but a high compatibility and many anime shared. My only gripe is that Akira, with a 7 >_<
Nov 9, 2009 7:44 AM

Jun 2007
Veethorn

70.6%... 49 titles... 7.5 (you) vs. 7.0 (God)

Not a lot to say, really. Your top five gives a bad first impression, with two long running shounens in there and your #1 being a currently airing remake, but there aren't too many major differences between you and I.

Akira, 9/10, despite the ugly facial art and nonsensical story? O RLY. You're part of the reason it has a high rating, and it saddens me. It should be left where it belongs; in the past.

Memories of Nobody, rated higher than Diamond Dust? O RLY. Maybe you need to rewatch the first film, or pop into specsavers. Maybe both.

You rated Love Hina 5/10; that's good. It isn't half as good as the manga.

You rated Ocean Waves 8/10; that's also good. It annoys me to see it rated so lowly on MAL whilst shit like Howl's and Spirited Away are sitting pretty. It ain't on, man.

Your list is naff; like many others in this thread. Do something with it or GTFO.

Looking down your list, you have only one 10/10 and only a few 9's, the majority being Ghibli titles. You appear to be a bit of a Ghibli tard, to be honest. There are worst things to be, but still - spread the love around more.

...That's all I have to say.
Nov 9, 2009 8:16 AM

Feb 2009
Aionic said:
Veethorn

70.6%... 49 titles... 7.5 (you) vs. 7.0 (God)

Not a lot to say, really. Your top five gives a bad first impression, with two long running shounens in there and your #1 being a currently airing remake, but there aren't too many major differences between you and I.

Akira, 9/10, despite the ugly facial art and nonsensical story? O RLY. You're part of the reason it has a high rating, and it saddens me. It should be left where it belongs; in the past.

Memories of Nobody, rated higher than Diamond Dust? O RLY. Maybe you need to rewatch the first film, or pop into specsavers. Maybe both.

You rated Love Hina 5/10; that's good. It isn't half as good as the manga.

You rated Ocean Waves 8/10; that's also good. It annoys me to see it rated so lowly on MAL whilst shit like Howl's and Spirited Away are sitting pretty. It ain't on, man.

Your list is naff; like many others in this thread. Do something with it or GTFO.

Looking down your list, you have only one 10/10 and only a few 9's, the majority being Ghibli titles. You appear to be a bit of a Ghibli tard, to be honest. There are worst things to be, but still - spread the love around more.

...That's all I have to say.

We have some heavy criticism here, don't we? Allow me to respond.

Can't have everyone agree with my favorites, that's OK.

Akira belongs in the past? right... it was one of the most sucsseful animes EVER out of Japan, non sensical story? maybe you couldn't get it, well, I couldn't get it completely either, does that make the anime bad? LOL No. A story doesn't need to follow every freaking standard of story telling to be good, maybe you need everything perfectly told so your brain doesn't need to be on. The animation was some of the best when it came out and it still manages to hold his own to this day, so you must have seen the wrong movie. The art was okay, not the best IMO either, but that isn't reason enough to nerf such an amazing movie.

And I don't need to rewatch Memories of Noboy nor do I need to rewatch Diamond Dust Rebelion...
Diamond Dust Rebellion was about an overrated and annoying character, the plot was cliche, the villains were stupid and blunt and had no personality, not to mention the movie was boring and the only thing that makes it good is the final awesome showdown in the last 20 minutes. However I don't think 20 minutes is enough to give a full-length movie a really good score. Memories of Nobody, in my eyes, was superior when it comes to story telling and character development, in this department though, not everyone can agree.

And am I a Ghibli tard for seeing Ghibli movies (aka GOOD movies)? Lot that's the dumbest comment I've seen in this thread.
VeethornNov 9, 2009 8:25 AM
Nov 9, 2009 8:40 AM

Jun 2007

Firstly, yes, if around 50% of your 9-10's are Ghibli titles, there's something wrong. There are some great Ghibli films in existence, but Ghibli aren't the be and end all of anime. And I only said "appear"; I never said you are a Ghibli tard - you need to let the words flow into your mind before responding.

Akira: So what? Yes, it's famous and did good things for anime, it introducing many outside of Japan to it, but that doesn't mean it deserves an automatic 10/10. There's a difference between respecting and liking something, and I respect Akira enough to express that it should remain a memory.

From what I've read, the film only covered a small portion of the manga it was based on, resulting in the mess you rated 9/10. For a story to be good, it has to be understandable without requiring people to fill in the gaps outside of the movie itself, and Akira wasn't. It's like saying Evangelion had a great ending because no-one understood what the hell happened.

Also, I questioned the art; not the animation. The facial art looks ugly. And, though many praise its animation, I was too busy either looking at the ugly characters or tying to read the subtitles in a failed attempt at comprehending a story designed not to be comprehended.

Memories of Nobody was about an overrated and annoying character, the plot was cliche, the villains were stupid and blunt and had no personality, not to mention the movie was boring

You did a wonderful job of describing the movie.

You say MoN had good character development, even though there was zero development for the established characters... even though the sequels added development to non-filler characters and didn't go, "She was a filler character; you'll forget her development in the main series."

By the way, I'm naturally aggressive with my views. I wasn't attempting to offend you. I won't say sorry for my views and any butthurt resulting from them, but I will apologize for being a little too direct. In the opening post, I did stress that posters should show respect, after all.
Nov 9, 2009 8:47 AM

Feb 2009
Aionic said:

Firstly, yes, if around 50% of your 9-10's are Ghibli titles, there's something wrong. There are some great Ghibli films in existence, but Ghibli aren't the be and end all of anime. And I only said "appear"; I never said you are a Ghibli tard - you need to let the words flow into your mind before responding.

If by 50% you mean 33% that's right
Nov 9, 2009 8:53 AM

Jun 2007
I did say "around". It isn't as if I said you rated exactly 50%, and I was referring to your completed titles only. Did you really expect me to calculate your exact percentage of 9-10/10's?

Also, if you want me to be anal, 33% is closer to 50% than zero. I'm just sayin', like.
Nov 9, 2009 9:05 AM

Feb 2009
Aionic said:
I did say "around". It isn't as if I said you rated exactly 50%, and I was referring to your completed titles only. Did you really expect me to calculate your exact percentage of 9-10/10's?

Also, if you want me to be anal, 33% is closer to 50% than zero. I'm just sayin', like.

It you want it to be anal, by my precise calculations it's exactly 26,7% of all 9/10s

It's close to 50% I guess, just sayin', like.
Nov 9, 2009 9:21 AM

Apr 2009
@Monad. (I'm skipping over all the douchiness above)

You've got a lot of shonen action that is largely unbalanced by other stuff. None of your scores seemed terribly out of place though. You rated some things higher than I would have and some lower, but nothing that can't be attributed to just having different tastes.

I was glad to see LOGH on your completed list.

You should balance out your list with some of the more cerebral pre 2000 classics and things like Ghibli films. I don't really have any specific recommendations for you though.

I like the design, but you need to lose the sword cursor. It's annoying.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Nov 9, 2009 9:30 AM

Jun 2009
@ kaydee

First of all, yes Kimi ni Todoke has been great so far, but I don't think I'd rate an unfinished series a 10. I don't know how many episodes it has left, but it still has plenty of time to screw up. As far as our shared anime, we're both equally tough. Yay.

You haven't given out any 10 on your completed list. I hope your not one of those people looking for the "perfect anime", if so you'll be disappointed. Because there is no perfect anime. As far as your plan to watch list, I can't really stress enough how great a series Honey and Clover is. You should watch it.

Overall, though, I'm interested in how you grade.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 9, 2009 9:39 AM

Feb 2009
nime compatibility with CDRW is:
Medium
60.4%

Medium compatibility, though we don't share a lot of anime, we share some Ghibli movies, Elfen Lied and some Bleach which you don't seem to like. Although we disagree on some scores. You gave Castle in the Sky a 10, while a 8 to Nausicaa, I think Nausica is a superior movie, and Totoro also doesn't seem to be one of your favorites. Anyway we pretty much agree on the awesomeness that was Grave of the Fireflies, and that Kiki's Delivery Service was not among the best of Miyazaki. Good list overall
VeethornNov 9, 2009 9:45 AM
Nov 9, 2009 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
Aionic: AC wasn't a 10 because I didn't really care much for the anime. I added them to my favorite characters list based on the games... which I probably shouldn't have since this is an ANIME website, lol. Hm.. thanks for pointing out True Tears though. I didn't realize I had left it at 9.. it's now an 8 like mostly everything else.
insan3soldiern: The highest I tend to give is 9... and most of the things I rate as a 9 end up down to 8 after a few weeks, so yeah. I guess I'll have to wait and see if I actually leave Kimi ni Todoke as a 10 once all the episodes are aired.. but for now it's a 10.
kaydeeNov 9, 2009 10:01 AM
Nov 9, 2009 10:02 AM

Jan 2009
I don't see the above post as a in-game thing, so...yeah.

Veethorn: We seem to have somewhat the same ratings on most Shared Animes, except some childhood memories of mine, but not everybody likes those anyway.
Grave of the Fireflies was a great movie, the 10 doesn't bother me.

Uh, got nothing else so say really o.o
Nov 9, 2009 11:36 AM

Jul 2009
Our compatibility is Medium-High at 68.7% (Woot!) and with 25 anime shared. You're a lot more generous than me when it comes to scoring and you haven't rated a single thing below 5. Woah, haven't even dropped a single anime -- are you one of those completists? Well, I find that to be a skill since when I find when anime becomes a chore to watch I just drop it.
You like a lot of action anime, in particular the mainstream shounen. I think you should try out some other genres a bit more like comedy, romance and slice of life (not saying that you haven't watched any, just need to try some more).
Also, LOVE the list background. Avatar FTW.

Nov 9, 2009 12:06 PM

Jun 2009
@ TomatoCake

Of the 19 anime we share we didn't really agree on Vampire Knight, which I'm not going to get into. On your favorites list only Bakemonogatari interests me, because I have no interest in either Bleach or Naruto. Soul Eater, maybe though.

I'm not a fan of how you gave ef- A Tale of Memories a 5 and put it on hold after only 2 episodes. But, judging from your list, your a fan of shounen and not much else. That's to bad, as you'll miss out on alot of great anime out there.

@ Yamine

I can't understand Ouran High School Host Club getting a 10, especially when it's one of only two you've given. Don't misunderstand me, it is good but I find it to be 7ish at best.

It confuses me also how you obviously hate Clannad, but you apparently really enjoyed After Story. Especially when After Story is a continuation of the first series in more than one way. Also, I'm no fan of Code Geass but I don't think it's bad enough to get a 3. Though you are right on your tags, imo.

As far as your plan to watch list, obviously GTO, Bacaano!, and Cowboy Bebop should be priority. What I've seen of Gankutsuou was great as well.

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 9, 2009 2:37 PM

Oct 2008
insan3soldiern

You've seen just a hair over double the series I have and we have a ratio of Somewhat High 73.4%. We both have Evangelion and ~After Story~ in the same ranking on our favorites as well.

I deduce that, for the most part, you don't particularly enjoy moe, since few moe scored over a 7. I also noticed you are very strict with your ratings and would be intrigued to know how you rate personally.

We share 64 Anime with an average difference of 1.76 in scoring. The largest difference we have is with CENCOROLL with a whopping 6 point differential, 4 for you and a 10 for me. The rest, however, all fall within at least two to three points of each other, so we have relatively similar tastes from what I can tell.

I need to watch a lot more series so I can compare more P:
Nov 9, 2009 3:01 PM

Jun 2007
Xana-The-Divine:

When I saw you had Gankutsuou in your top five, I felt all fuzzy inside. I thought to myself, 'Maybe I can be nice to this person. I feel bad; always being so critical when I could be loving.'

However, my hopes were quickly dashed when I saw your other scores, which explain our stats.

52.5%... 8.1 (you) vs. 7.4... 62 titles

First of all, Death Note 5/10. How on earth do you give Death Note a score like that and ALL the Kare no Kyoukai movies 9/10. HOW!? Do you even have fully functional eyes, working with a brain? Yes, the Kara movies are all pretty, and have some wonderful music, but only the third and fifth deserve 8+ scores. Anyone with taste will agree with this. It's impossible to rate them all equally if you've seen them all.

...hell, let's forget Kare no Kyoukai - you even gave episode 0 of Winter Sonata 8/10; three points higher than Death Note. You'll have to explain to me how the most mind numbing of introductions to a so-so anime can be rated higher than Death Note. I'm all eyes.

You even rated frickin' Sacred Blacksmith 8/10. The original Hellsing 8/10. Code Geass R2 8/10. EVERYTHING FUCKING 8/10 BUT DEATH NOTE. I want to beat you to death with a dildo, I really do.

*.......................*

Ok, I'm calm. I can overlook you rating Saikano 8/10, Eva: Death & Rebirth 8/10, the Elfen Lied OVA 8/10 and 5/10 TO FUCKING DEATH NOTE. Really, I can. Everyone makes mistakes. At least you like Gankutsuou - I can't 100% hate you. It's more like 50% hate, in this case.

Note: This post is only half serious. Just in case you respond with anger.

On the plus side, your MAL list has grey, and I'm rather fond of grey. It'd look better with boobs but I can't have everything. You may have given something like 15 10's and 5/10 to Death Note, but I'll try to move on. The world keeps on spinning, no matter what, after all.
Nov 9, 2009 3:30 PM

Oct 2008
Aionic said:
Xana-The-Divine:

When I saw you had Gankutsuou in your top five, I felt all fuzzy inside. I thought to myself, 'Maybe I can be nice to this person. I feel bad; always being so critical when I could be loving.'

However, my hopes were quickly dashed when I saw your other scores, which explain our stats.

52.5%... 8.1 (you) vs. 7.4... 62 titles

First of all, Death Note 5/10. How on earth do you give Death Note a score like that and ALL the Kare no Kyoukai movies 9/10. HOW!? Do you even have fully functional eyes, working with a brain? Yes, the Kara movies are all pretty, and have some wonderful music, but only the third and fifth deserve 8+ scores. Anyone with taste will agree with this. It's impossible to rate them all equally if you've seen them all.

...hell, let's forget Kare no Kyoukai - you even gave episode 0 of Winter Sonata 8/10; three points higher than Death Note. You'll have to explain to me how the most mind numbing of introductions to a so-so anime can be rated higher than Death Note. I'm all eyes.

You even rated frickin' Sacred Blacksmith 8/10. The original Hellsing 8/10. Code Geass R2 8/10. EVERYTHING FUCKING 8/10 BUT DEATH NOTE. I want to beat you to death with a dildo, I really do.

*.......................*

Ok, I'm calm. I can overlook you rating Saikano 8/10, Eva: Death & Rebirth 8/10, the Elfen Lied OVA 8/10 and 5/10 TO FUCKING DEATH NOTE. Really, I can. Everyone makes mistakes. At least you like Gankutsuou - I can't 100% hate you. It's more like 50% hate, in this case.

Note: This post is only half serious. Just in case you respond with anger.

On the plus side, your MAL list has grey, and I'm rather fond of grey. It'd look better with boobs but I can't have everything. You may have given something like 15 10's and 5/10 to Death Note, but I'll try to move on. The world keeps on spinning, no matter what, after all.

Just for the record, to get rid of some of that hate, a lot of the 8/10s on my list are (as you can see with Blacksmith) from when the series stared and my first impressions on it. Geass by the end deserves a 6 in my mind, but I'm a bit too lazy to go through my list and put proper scores for the end of shows. I should probably do that now though .__.

Ninja Edit: I watched all the KnK movies in one sitting and they flowed quite nicely so I think they all deserve that score.

ALSO Death Note sucks. Absolutely terrible.
XanatosNov 9, 2009 3:39 PM
Nov 9, 2009 5:43 PM

Mar 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
Aizo said:
And what is with your superiority complex which entails the need to criticize everyone?
Well fuck. Looks you unraveled my scheme to to prove how much better I am than everyone else. You want to talk about a fucking superiority complex, you piece of shit, how about you writing me off because I'm from Texas. Totally classy, fuckhead.

Aizo said:
Are my tags decent now? :D I wasn't writing you off, just giving you some shit :P
No, they're worse, and I don't take shit about Texas. You'll have to forgive me for misunderstanding when you do nothing but burn on Texas, and accuse me of having a superiority complex, in a double post incidentally.

Internet is serious business in Texas.
Pages (151) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Give the user above you an ability/superpower ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikoto_Suzuhara - Nov 30, 2016

358 by MitsukiHimeka »»
5 seconds ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

5860 by Dostojevskij »»
28 seconds ago

» Make a word with the last letter v.16 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Aug 5, 2023

5267 by LloydMinamitsu »»
2 minutes ago

» Fight the above user with the last letter! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SnipeStrike - Apr 1

1004 by L0bsterman »»
2 minutes ago

» lowercase chat thread v.21 ghouls and goblins edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Oct 13, 2023

4832 by Dostojevskij »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.