Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (153) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Oct 26, 2009 5:10 PM

suzune-chan
Sorry, more people got in the middle of us but I will comment on you! =D

First of all, I'm saving your profile pic.
Your list theme is very very cute. *-* Those snails are so sweet. The purple is a bit hard to read on the lower part though. I am now seeing you as a person with a twisted personality by rating Bebop with a 6 and Higurashi with a 10 but it's understandable that the cute+psycho of the latter would be more fascinating to you, considering the rest of your list. =p I think you should watch the rest of Bebop, it may raise your score on the movie. And give another chance on Full Moon wo Sagashite, as it progresses it's anything but a comedy.

Anime compatibility with datsunvic is:
Medium-High
64.7%
Oh, thanks. ^^' We have tons of things in common because of the club. =) Your scores are pretty high, but they seem very consistent. If you drop some scores but keep your first opinions it will seem more balanced. Watching tons of stuff at the same time, I don't understand how you people can do it. T_T Your list is very complete and broad, includes some oldies too (tv as well? aaaah =D) And I didn't know Kino's Journey had a movie. :3 The more you know.... (maybe I should use yours as reference as well? xD But I have so many stuff to watch already! T___T)
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

Oct 26, 2009 5:11 PM
Suzune-chan

compatibility
48.5% medium low

your list is funny and cute with a good amount of action and horror

some of them i might watch sooner or later
or maybe its just me(an illusion of the eyes) but when i scroll down your wallpaper the rain drops are falling(god that sounds so ditzy)

Oct 26, 2009 5:42 PM

avidfan141:

Interesting completed list. Many mainstream, old school animes and rarely any recent ones that I can notice. Interesting ratings on the 10 like dragonball. Although it would be better to see some recent animes to have a broader sense of taste.

5/10

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!

Oct 26, 2009 5:50 PM

You gave Clannad a 5, and liked GTO and Ichigo Mashimaro.

Awesome.
(づ°‿°.)づ

Oct 26, 2009 5:55 PM

your list sucks dick, you're the biggest pedo i know <3

Oct 26, 2009 5:56 PM

Ontario said:
You gave Clannad a 5, and liked GTO and Ichigo Mashimaro.

Awesome.

GTO and Ichigo Mashimaro owns Clannad.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!

Oct 26, 2009 5:56 PM

Ontario: Not a bad start. You've got a pretty fair rating system. Seems like you tend toward comedies and shounen. Might want to try some more diverse or obscure shows to flesh things out a bit.

Oct 26, 2009 5:58 PM

Ontario

A good selection, you seem to gravitate slightly towards the cute girls, romantic, and slice of life stuff. I'm noticing some noticeable absences, notably Princess Tutu. It could also stand to have a little more of the arty and cerebral stuff, but I'm glad to see that you got Welcome to the NHK and scored it appreciably.

The only beef I really have is the high score you gave to Chobits. >:(

8/10
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.

Oct 26, 2009 6:01 PM

You, my friend, are a well rounded anime fan. Not too much humor, gore, action, or anything else. It is great to meet someone who seems so...well, well rounded again. 10/10

My suggestion for you is to watch the Rurouni Kenshin anime, since you watched one of the movies (and watch the other 2 while you're at it). Also, you might enjoy Yu Yu Hakusho.

Oct 26, 2009 6:06 PM

@CDRW

sup, i like the diversity on your list. A great mixture of mainstream and non-mainstream, including a lot of older shows. You seem willing to try anything, I like that.

I don't agree with a few ratings here and there, but you love a lot of the shows I love (ie. Gankutsuou, Spirited Away, Black Lagoon), so idc.

Your list background...what is it? It reminds me of a wallpaper I've seen for a LOTR game, though idk. Anyway you should try and get a higher resolution version, and set it so that it doesn't repeat like that. Maybe you could customise the colors of your list a bit to match it as well.

Oct 26, 2009 6:06 PM

Anime compatibility with BigSimo is:
High 74.6% Anime You Share (99)

"BigSimo is such a FANBOY!"
Maybe I should be looking in a mirror when I say that. Wow That theme is dark.

Oct 26, 2009 6:10 PM

datsunvic said:
Anime compatibility with BigSimo is:
High 74.6% Anime You Share (99)

"BigSimo is such a FANBOY!"
Maybe I should be looking in a mirror when I say that. Wow That theme is dark.

lol i have NO idea what you mean

Oct 26, 2009 6:13 PM

BigSimo 9/10

Love GTO, LoGH, and your background of Gankutsuou is pure win. Other then that it seems our taste somewhat match(Anime compatibility with BigSimo is: Very High 83.0%, Anime You Share(69)...lol)

Oct 26, 2009 6:16 PM

Datsunic

Wow, 354 Completed on only 91 days was my first thought. Then I saw that half of them are movies, ova, ona, specials, etc. Rating system seems pretty close though favorite animes are totally different. I say watch NANA!

Oct 26, 2009 6:18 PM

BigSimo said:
@CDRW

sup, i like the diversity on your list. A great mixture of mainstream and non-mainstream, including a lot of older shows. You seem willing to try anything, I like that.

I don't agree with a few ratings here and there, but you love a lot of the shows I love (ie. Gankutsuou, Spirited Away, Black Lagoon), so idc.

Your list background...what is it? It reminds me of a wallpaper I've seen for a LOTR game, though idk. Anyway you should try and get a higher resolution version, and set it so that it doesn't repeat like that. Maybe you could customise the colors of your list a bit to match it as well.

I've never seen Gankutusou or Black Lagoon. Were you doing someone else's? And if it was me, I was at a friend's house when I did the background so I just snagged it off his computer.

Oct 26, 2009 6:19 PM

xxawesomelucyxx, you've got a few unrated, but completed things, you rate things before you've finished them, and you have the tags column enabled but no tags. You score some things questionably, imo, but I can understand them.

7/10 I guess.

Oct 26, 2009 6:25 PM

ShadowbladeEdge said:
xxawesomelucyxx, you've got a few unrated, but completed things, you rate things before you've finished them, and you have the tags column enabled but no tags. You score some things questionably, imo, but I can understand them.

7/10 I guess.

Sorry about that. I've only been on a couple of months, so I haven't really gotten into the swing of things yet.

Some of the things I didn't rate, I know I've seen but for the life of me I can't remember them. Then the things I rated before finishing, most of the time I've seen them already and am just rewatching for the heck of it.

And I rate how I rate. Don't have any defense for that, no I do not.

I do like how everything is formatted on yours. 8/10.

Oct 26, 2009 6:28 PM

burntlettuce said:
BigSimo 9/10

Love GTO, LoGH, and your background of Gankutsuou is pure win. Other then that it seems our taste somewhat match(Anime compatibility with BigSimo is: Very High 83.0%, Anime You Share(69)...lol)

69 awesome

xxawesomelucyxx said:
BigSimo said:
@CDRW

I've never seen Gankutusou or Black Lagoon. Were you doing someone else's? And if it was me, I was at a friend's house when I did the background so I just snagged it off his computer.

nah sorry I wasn't doing yours, since you must have posted as I was writing my post, so you accidentally got skipped. I'll do yours now though.

OK. So. awesomelucy
Your list is very shounen-mainstream dominated, so I'd suggest branching out a bit, and trying out some different types, since there are A LOT of amazing shows that aren't on your list. Still there are some like Ghost in the Shell and Darker than Black which you've seen, which is tight. You rate shit pretty well too. And even though we seem to disagree with a number of shows, it doesn't matter.

Try finding another background too sometime, and customizing your list a bit more if you can actually be bothered.

Oct 26, 2009 6:30 PM

ShadowbladeEdge said:

7/10 I guess.

nothing wrong with rating before you finish. ive started to do just that, and i change the ratings as my opinion changes. i'd still have the same rating by the end of the show anyway.

Oct 26, 2009 6:36 PM

7/10

why?!

no soul eater?!

Oct 26, 2009 6:37 PM

BigSimo said:
i change the ratings as my opinion changes
Exactly. Imagine this, if you will, what if someone catches you at a high point of a series while thumbing through your list, and they watch it because of that, but at some point afterwords it takes a nosedive and winds up being crap. The reverse could also easily happen. Either way you're doing others a disservice by giving incomplete opinions. That's just how I feel.

EDIT: I'm in the midst of dicking around with my list, so if it looks weird, that's why.
Modified by ShadowbladeEdge, Oct 26, 2009 6:51 PM

Oct 26, 2009 6:48 PM

Nuuuh got skipped again. Can't sleep, so I'm back. I'll be so screwed tomorrow morning xD

Anime compatibility with ShadowbladeEdge is:
Medium-High
63.8%

Blank bacground again, original order of tables (at least I had never seen such xD). We agree on most scores but you really have too many 8s and 9s. Your list is very varied, I don't have any anime suggestion based on that. Maybe watch some old school animation? Also, I'm sad you dropped Nodame Cantabile

Oct 26, 2009 6:53 PM

ShadowbladeEdge said:
BigSimo said:
i change the ratings as my opinion changes
Exactly. Imagine this, if you will, what if someone catches you at a high point of a series while thumbing through your list, and they watch it because of that, but at some point afterwords it takes a nosedive and winds up being crap. The reverse could also easily happen. Either way you're doing others a disservice by giving incomplete opinions. That's just how I feel.

fair enough, though my ratings are for me primarily, not for others. IDK LOL

edit: @ lady

oh hello there. firstly, i dont know if I've mentioned it before, but your list design is awesome. the background is simple but great to look at. very nostalgic too.

now I won't deny it, I disagree with plenty of your ratings, and think you're very harsh with your ratings (though i think it's more a case of a certain score has different meanings for the both of us), but it doesn't bother me, since derrrr it's your opinion and there's not much i can do about that. you seem to watch anything and everything, no matter the genre, so thumbs up for that. Plus your watching LOGH at the moment and loving it so <3

Oct 26, 2009 7:01 PM

Yay!

Then BigSimo (sleep is not coming in T_T)...

I love your list style, omg, it's so pretty. I feel exactly what you say, you also watch a bit of everything. The difference of ratings must be emotional, of course. Now, there are some awesome titles on your Plan to Watch list that you should prioritize (namely Texhnolize, Skip Beat and Rose of Versailles [THIS ESPECIALLY]) Also, Reinhards new hair goes really great with his cape.

Oct 26, 2009 7:15 PM

Ladyxzeus, your list is quite long...damn we have high compatability XD lol. Anyway, it looks like you watch some really interesting stuff. I approve! :D
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)

Oct 26, 2009 7:24 PM

Angelfire892 -

You're currently watching a lot of shows, aren't you? Isn't it hard to keep up with all the plots? To each their own I guess.

I like how you've seen pokemon, I think it's a classic everyone's watched at some point or another.

And regarding your Plan to Watch list, I second Darker than Black, and the currently airing second season Ryuusei no Gemini.

Oct 26, 2009 7:28 PM

Anime compatibility with Yuuki-Elle is:
Unknown :(

Oh well, you still have a lot to travel. Basically, you rated really high some anime that I consider average and below. Like Vampire Knight. Therefore I will recommend you some true vampire action. Ie. Hellsing. Since you liked Death Note you will like Code Geass. You should watch Monster. You are getting into shoujo, so you should watch Skip Beat. And it seems you like fantasy, so Twelve Kingdoms is also a great work of art. :3

Also, check my blog on Projects. Scroll down. You will like that compiled list. ;) /publicity

Oct 26, 2009 7:35 PM

angelfire892, similar to my last post, you rate things that are unfinished and don't have rating on a fair few that you have. Your list is kinda short, but time'll fix that I'd imagine. Maybe look into some older stuff. Nice background.

7/10, arbitrary ratings are arbitrary.

Yuuki-Elle, short list is short, and you gave Vampire Knight a 10.

6/10

ladyxzeus, nice handle, but we're talking about lists here. First it's too bright for my old man eyes, and I don't care for your art selections, not to mention that they're fairly pixelated, but the way everything is put together is quite pleasing. Plenty of verity no really disagreeable scores, except Eva and TTGL, the latter being understandable, but still.

7/10

ladyxzeus said:
Also, I'm sad you dropped Nodame Cantabile
I'm sure you'll love the reason too, I didn't like the music. However since I didn't watch it of my own volition it might get lucky one day and I'll watch it, but don't hold your breath on that.
Modified by ShadowbladeEdge, Oct 26, 2009 7:47 PM

Oct 26, 2009 7:40 PM

ShadowbladeEdge said:

ladyxzeus said:
Also, I'm sad you dropped Nodame Cantabile
I'm sure you'll love the reason too, I didn't like the music. However since I didn't watch it of my own volition it might get lucky one day and I'll watch it, but don't hold your breath on that.

Aw, it's classical and with good interpretations too. They have a really original version of Rhapsody in Blue towards the end. :3 But maybe you don't like classical music at all...

Oct 26, 2009 7:41 PM

ladyxzues: Anime compatibilaty - 48.3 % - Medium Low

Damn, she's watched 492 series. I haven't even seen half of that and I thought I was obsessed but that's a good thing. I noticed that you scored a lot of shows at 5 or 6, which makes me think did you enjoy them at all? I see a few 7's such as Geass and Death Note. Highest score is a 10, for series such as sailor moon. Haha since I'm not a girl I didn't really enjoy that show as a kid, but I did watch most of it.

Also has seen a few gundam series, which I'm a huge fan of. Though I prefer the non UC areas, she seems to prefer UC. You should try Gundam Seed or Gundam 00. They were pretty good. Also, what is Rozen Maiden Ouverture? I liked the first and second seasons but have never heard of that one. Is it like an OVA or something?

Anyway, your list far surpasses mine. She's seen many anime, well rounded, bit of harsh scorer but with her experience I'm sure the scores are pretty accurate. I one day wish to be at your level. : )

Oct 26, 2009 7:41 PM

ladyxzeus said:
Anime compatibility with Yuuki-Elle is:
Unknown :(

Oh well, you still have a lot to travel. Basically, you rated really high some anime that I consider average and below. Like Vampire Knight. Therefore I will recommend you some true vampire action. Ie. Hellsing. Since you liked Death Note you will like Code Geass. You should watch Monster. You are getting into shoujo, so you should watch Skip Beat. And it seems you like fantasy, so Twelve Kingdoms is also a great work of art. :3

Also, check my blog on Projects. Scroll down. You will like that compiled list. ;) /publicity

Yes, I know I rated VK way higher than most people, but it's the anime that got me into anime in the first place, so I'm pretty partial to it. I'd watch Hellsing, but it looks to gory, and I hate too much extreme violence. I also keep hearing people rave about Monster, so maybe...

Oct 26, 2009 7:53 PM

ladyxzeus said:
Aw, it's classical and with good interpretations too. They have a really original version of Rhapsody in Blue towards the end. :3 But maybe you don't like classical music at all...
Classical is the only instrumental music I can stand, but it's still instrumental, so I'm not a fan. I also rated your list if you missed that.

Oct 26, 2009 7:55 PM

Anime compatibility with FreedomT1 is:
Medium 56.6% Anime You Share (29)

Anyone that dropped Beck (about the same time I did) And watched liked Outlaw Star is alright with me.

Oct 26, 2009 7:57 PM

7/10

You dropped the right things, but really, Nabari no Ou?, and FMA B? I can't agree to that.
Hi five for getting through Green Green, and Akikan though. I've heard very bad recption on both of the titles

Oct 26, 2009 8:05 PM

@Marxist.

Anime compatibility: Very high. (82.3%)
Anime you share: 21.

I feel like such a noob becuase your list is so much longer than mine, but o well. Anyway, I liked seeing how... complete your list was, you know? Seeing multiple items of several franchises was cool. Anyway, it seems like you put a lot of thought into scoring, whereas I tend to fall victim to scoring based more on subjectivity than anything else. ^_^

Oct 26, 2009 8:10 PM

Marxist, tiling. Transparent backgrounds make it harder than it should be for me to read your list, and the thin text isn't helping. Houkago Play background is nice though. Again rating unfinished things. High score for Eva is the only thing that's terribly disagreeable.

5/10, such boring scores.
Modified by ShadowbladeEdge, Oct 26, 2009 8:37 PM

Oct 26, 2009 8:10 PM

@nii-nii
Someone who also rates Ouran high? Wow, I didn't think it would happen xD However, you do rate quite a few series with 10s and you tend to rate higher than me in the series we have in common.

I see you have Baccano! on your PTW list. Watch it. Seriously. Also, if you liked Paranoia Agent, you should check out Satoshi Kon's other stuff, which all carry similar themes and concepts ^^

Oct 26, 2009 8:16 PM

Aeterna said:
@nii-nii
Someone who also rates Ouran high? Wow, I didn't think it would happen xD However, you do rate quite a few series with 10s and you tend to rate higher than me in the series we have in common.

I see you have Baccano! on your PTW list. Watch it. Seriously. Also, if you liked Paranoia Agent, you should check out Satoshi Kon's other stuff, which all carry similar themes and concepts ^^

I shamelessly love Ouran. X3 IDK, it just makes me happy. I think I'm a little gracious when it comes to rating sometimes, but idk.

Oct 26, 2009 8:37 PM

nii-nii, short list, plain design, better than a gaudy one, and scoring things before they're done. You could use a broadening of your horizons. Only thing that rally gets my goat is giving Lucky Star a one having dropped it after you only watched two episodes.

5/10, boring, boring.

Oct 26, 2009 8:38 PM

Anime compatibility with ShadowbladeEdge is:
Medium 51.2% Anime You Share (115)

Good Scoring Range - much better use of range than mine. Ahh You dropped Ragnarok. I hated it so much I didn't even want to pollute my list with it.

Oct 26, 2009 8:48 PM

Compatibility with datsunvic is unknown. Anime you share: 13

You've got a ton of anime you're watching right now. From what we do have that we've shared watching, we come close to agreeing on by rating. You also have a lot on your list I've heard is good so I think i should take a look into some of the things you're watching

Oct 26, 2009 8:53 PM

datsunvic said:
Good Scoring Range - much better use of range than mine.
Not something I thought I'd hear, I expected the opposite in fact.

datsunvic said:
Ahh You dropped Ragnarok. I hated it so much I didn't even want to pollute my list with it.
Another one I didn't watch of my own volition, I kinda want to watch it to see how awful the mythology is portrayed so I might pick it up again.

Anyway on to your list. Plain list style, the good kind. Long watching list said the pot. Rating thing before you've finished. Plenty of verity, you might want to watch some stuff you won't like, it'll build some character Little sad about the 7 for Spice and Wolf, but no big deal. One odd thing though you dropped Hayate, but still gave it an 8. Oh, and you've dropped some things you haven't watched any of? Is that some kind of dodge?

7/10

UltraN, plain list style, short list, rated unfinished things.

5/10
Modified by ShadowbladeEdge, Oct 26, 2009 9:01 PM

Oct 26, 2009 8:59 PM
Ooooh oooooh, I wanna get roasted too! =P

I think shadow has done been rated so I guess that means I just post and let someone rate me?

Go for it!

Oct 26, 2009 9:00 PM

^ You have very mainstream tastes and tend to like a lot of what you've seen. It's clear you're still relatively new to anime, but your enthusiasm and optimism is refreshing.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Oct 26, 2009 9:08 PM
Splitter said:
^ You have very mainstream tastes and tend to like a lot of what you've seen. It's clear you're still relatively new to anime, but your enthusiasm and optimism is refreshing.

Yeah I just really started watching it a while back when I decided to see if I could find Rorouni Kenshin on the internet cause I remembered watching it on TV when I was younger. One thing led to another >.>

Anyways thanks for being nice =)

Edit: yay spelling!
Modified by Slothra, Oct 26, 2009 9:13 PM

Oct 26, 2009 9:19 PM

^
Lots of 10s for the amount of anime you've watched. Jigoku Shoujo a 4!? That's a surprise because of how high your ratings are for all the other shows.

Oct 26, 2009 9:28 PM

Splitter said:
^ It's clear you not only follow the moe trend, but you fell for it wholeheartedly hook, line, and sinker. How anyone can give Fate/Stay Night a 10/10 is beyond me. Regardless, you really throw yourself out to watch a lot at a time which I think is pretty cool. Try Nodame again. It's just shameful to see it dropped after only two episodes.
Best comment. Fate just really touched me, but I can see where you're coming from.If it makes you feel any better about being an unforgivable trend whore, I like Coke Geass ironically, but that's all I can give you. Missed that moe. All I have to say about that is there's no such thing as moe shows, not how moe works. In case you missed it, I didn't like Nodame's music, and I'd figured that'd be a big part of the show. As an aside, you just set me back watching it by another year, I'm petty.

Now for your list. List could be a little more readable, but it's OK, and I'd like your actual list to be on the left, it's the main attraction. Nice background but the art's a little wonky, but whatever. Haven't rated some of your finished things. You gave Eva a 9, but due to some other scores I can look the other way on that.

68/83, numbers.

ruusakraj, good list style, could be a little more readable. Nice touch with the studio's for tags. Rated thing before you finished them. No drops, tells me that you've got perseverance, good trait. Over 100 days but not even double that many series, hmm. Slighty disagree with several of your score, but nothing major.

fish/pickle, Humpdee Dumpdee.
Modified by ShadowbladeEdge, Oct 26, 2009 9:44 PM

Oct 26, 2009 9:30 PM
ruusakraj said:
^
Lots of 10s for the amount of anime you've watched. Jigoku Shoujo a 4!? That's a surprise because of how high your ratings are for all the other shows.

Haha, maybe I should give it another try? I dunno, prolly shouldn't have dropped it after the first episode for sure.

I guess alot of the stuff is rated high because when I started finding things to watch I would look at other list and search for stuff that other people rated high. You know, cut to the chase and get right in there. Maybe it will even out after I watch some that are not as "mainstream" . Then again i'm probably just too generous =P

From what little i've seen on your list your ratings look pretty spot on.

Oct 26, 2009 9:41 PM

@ruusakraj-
I really like your wallpaper you have your your anime list.
You have seen a lit of series and they seem to be rated well.
Also you have some interesting looking animes in the wings.
Looks good to me.
8.5/10

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!

Oct 26, 2009 10:05 PM

Suzune-chan, your list style is obnoxious and hard to read. Short list. Use of weird tags, and rampant misuse of slice of life. Shows watched vs days watched ratio leans too far toward the latter for me. Rated things before you finished them. Several disagreeable scores.

4/10

Pages (153) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »