Only 2 drops

Awsome Black Lagoon backround

^^ you pass.

Oct 27, 2009 5:37 PM

dun skip meeee ;__;

Anime compatibility with TR_Purin is:
Medium
60.9%
Oh dark, I like the blue of those letters. :3 Your scores are pretty hard. Except for that poor 3 lost in the middle of the 7-10 scores (for GT, what a criminal! O_O) It seems you like everything you watch but when you dislike it you're still kind to the anime.

Get back to Eureka 7. And you also have tons of interesting stuff on your PtW so get to them. You have some masterpieces there. And lol Gravitation is a 7 at the beggining of it. Oh well, maybe you'll maintain it if Shouichi does not annoy the crap out of you (yeah I'm a hater, bite me, Yuki goes much better with like... Everyone else...)
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

Oct 27, 2009 5:48 PM

ladyxzeus

Our anime compatibility is high at 79.1%. Your anime list designs nice but a little too pink for me, but I'm a guy so that's understandable

Oct 27, 2009 5:48 PM

Anime compatibility with ladyxzeus is: Medium 60.2% Anime You Share (76)

Anime list is simple and easy to read so that's a good plus. You watching so much more anime make's it hard to pick up similarities. But you do need to finish LoGH :P

Oct 27, 2009 5:52 PM

burntlettuce said:
But you do need to finish LoGH :P

Like a good wine, you can't drink it all at once. You must taste it.

Oct 27, 2009 6:33 PM

ladyxzeus said:
burntlettuce said:
But you do need to finish LoGH :P

Like a good wine, you can't drink it all at once. You must taste it.

Yes but to leave that good wine on the shelf and not indulge yourself with it is a crime to the wine itself. xD

Oct 27, 2009 6:35 PM

Anime compatibility with burntlettuce is:
Very High
81.2%

Cool dark backround.

Yes FINALY someone else who gave LS a 5!

Oct 27, 2009 6:47 PM

Anime compatibility with TR_Purin is:
Somewhat High
69.5%

It's a bit hard comment your list since we have few shows in common, but you seem a person with a broad range of taste, I like that.

Your scores tend to be a bit high in my opinion, but that is just a matter of tastes

I have nothing to say about the background because it's just black, but it's better have a simple black background than some extravagant ones out there.
Modified by StriderMS, Oct 27, 2009 6:51 PM

Oct 27, 2009 7:32 PM

insan3soldiern said:
I have no idea how anyone can watch as many shows as you are, airing or not, but I guess that's just an issue of personal preference.
I have a lot of free time and I can keep things separate in my brain place.

insan3soldiern said:
Of the shows you have on hold, the only one I've actually finished is Welcome to the NHK and I think you should give it another shot as I thought it was actually a good show and has interesting ideas.
In all honesty that should be on my PTW list, but I checked it out on Funimation's site, so it's up there. I'm gonna get to it eventually.

insan3soldiern said:
Since you apparently liked Clannad, I definitely think you should Check out After Story
Telling me to watch sequels is a waste of your time especially popular ones or ones that I enjoyed the prequel. This is because I'm a in for a penny, in for a pound kind of person. Then can easily be displayed by the fact that I disliked Queen's Blade from the outset, and I'm about to watch episode 5 of season 2.

insan3soldiern said:
Though, I think you should use the lower half a bit more just to diversify what anime you thought was good and what you thought was bad.
Not how I roll. I don't grade things against each other, or I at least try my damnedest not to.

insan3soldiern said:
I also think you should maybe broaden your horizons and check out more anime from before the 90's.Other than that, I think you have a pretty good list going.
I was planing on doing that this season, but I also was only gonna watch maybe half a dozen shows.

insan3soldiern said:
I also wonder how you can give NGE 5 rating, when you gave the first Rebuild movie an 8. I personally thought it was an inferior retelling of the first few episodes of the series. Though, I can understand how some people can dislike Eva, the different scores confound me.
Actually I gave Eva a 6, D&R had the 5, now a 4. To me 1.0 gave the monster of the week bullshit the time it deserved, not a lot in case couldn't guess, Also I thought the beginning was far and away better than the later bits. Also it was undeniably better in a technical sense.

nii-nii said:
I don't get what the big deal with scoring things before they're done is. It's not like that score is set in stone, they're basically just like guesstimations for how I think I will end up scoring the show once it's actually over.
I already explained why I don't care for this practice on page 4 or 5.

nii-nii said:
And also, correct me if I'm wrong, giving something a "one" means to deem it unwatchable. I found Lucky Star to be unwatchable and dropped it because of that. If it magically gets more interesting, then, by all means, tell me and I'll give it another chance. But if it's just episode upon episode of discussing the proper way to eat a chocolate cornet, then I'm just not feeling it.
I don't care if you watch more or not, or whither you do or don't like it for that matter. My gripe is that you've seen about 8% of the show, and I'd hardly call that enough to give an accurate assessment one way or the other. Spoiler, this ties into why I don't like it when people score stuff they haven't finished.

Soulstrider, ya rate things before you've finished, if you couldn't tell I don't care for that. You seem to be a real robot fan, or Gundam least ways, and it's a scientific fact that all real robot fans are horrible degenerates.

7/10

Oct 27, 2009 7:47 PM

ShadowbladeEdge said:
I already explained why I don't care for this practice on page 4 or 5.

Just because I was genuinely curious, I looked back and read your reasoning which certainly makes sense. And I get where you're coming from. But honestly, I don't expect that my opinion (I like Code Geass and Haruhi Suzumiya, ffs. I'm pretty sure that renders my anime opinion completely invalid to most seasoned~ anime viewers) is going to sway someone else's opinion of a show. That's just how I see it. But again, your reasoning is sound and I see where you are coming from. ~

ShadowbladeEdge said:
I don't care if you watch more or not, or whither you do or don't like it for that matter. My gripe is that you've seen about 8% of the show, and I'd hardly call that enough to give an accurate assessment one way or the other. Spoiler, this ties into why I don't like it when people score stuff they haven't finished.

Dude. The show bored me to death. I couldn't stand to watch it anymore--- therefore, I gave it the rating the corresponds with "unwatchable." I have the distinct feeling that just about all of the episodes are the same. I know the whole "assuming makes an ass out of u and me~" thing can come into play here, but seriously. If every second of the two episodes I watched made me groan, I think it's safe to say the remaining episodes would have just done the same.

Lucky Star: it is srs bsns

edit:// i can't type

Oct 27, 2009 7:50 PM

90% To nii-nii. We have the same likes form Haruhi Suzumiya, Death Note, and Code Geass. Espeically since Lelouch is #1 on his/her list. (I love Lulu)

Oct 27, 2009 7:55 PM

nii-nii said:
Dude. The show bored me to death. I couldn't stand to watch it anymore--- therefore, I gave it the rating the corresponds with "unwatchable." I have the distinct feeling that just about all of the episodes are the same. I know the whole "assuming makes an ass out of u and me~" thing can come into play here, but seriously. If every second of the two episodes I watched made me groan, I think it's safe to say the remaining episodes would have just done the same.
Bro, you can do whatever tickles your fancy, I don't care, I'm just sayin' that you can speculate 'till the cows come home, but at the end of the day you haven't seen it all.

MisaMisa1995, you seem like an average teenage girl that's happened to watch a few anime.

3/10

Oct 27, 2009 8:03 PM

ShadowbladeEdge said:
Bro, you can do whatever tickles your fancy, I don't care, I'm just sayin' that you can speculate 'till the cows come home, but at the end of the day you haven't seen it all.

MisaMisa1995, you seem like an average teenage girl that's happened to watch a few anime.

3/10

I'm a female.

And if THAT'S what it all comes down to, then okay. I never claimed to watch the whole thing. I never said that my rating WASN'T completely based on speculation.

It makes me wonder if this is coming from someone who truly believes in reserving judgment until a show is completed or a plain old Lucky Star fanboy.

Also, @your comment towards MisaMisa, douchebaggery to someone who is obviously young and probably just getting into anime, therefore hasn't had a lot of time to expand her horizons, is pretty lame.

Oct 27, 2009 8:08 PM

Welp, might as well do one of these and level up to 10 posts strong. :D

Our contestant - "Shadowbladeedge" - He's currently watching a shit load, has a shit load on hold, plans to watch an unhealthy amount of anime, and has already seen a retarded amount.

The theme is pretty plain but at least I can read it, the tags are removed which is always a + in my opinion if there nothing filled in. Other than rating lucky star and haruhi 10 which I oppose strongly, I generally agree with his other ratings on some of the anime I've seen.

7/10

edit: ahh dam ninja.

edit 2: wtf... is it really that big of deal people below this post. >_>

edit 3: why the fuck are you reading this? Anyway, look - my list still doesn't get commented on and we have a battle of raging retards commencing lol. Let's observe.
Modified by -__-, Oct 27, 2009 8:41 PM

Oct 27, 2009 8:09 PM

nii-nii said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:

3/10

I'm a female.

And if THAT'S what it all comes down to, then okay. I never claimed to watch the whole thing. I never said that my rating WASN'T completely based on speculation.

It makes me wonder if this is coming from someone who truly believes in reserving judgment until a show is completed or a plain old Lucky Star fanboy.

Also, @your comment towards MisaMisa, douchebaggery to someone who is obviously young and probably just getting into anime, therefore hasn't had a lot of time to expand her horizons, is pretty lame.

WRONG! I grew up on anime. It was the furst things I watch. I started with Dragon Ball Z and sailor Moon and Zatch bell now I grew up into a average 14 anime-fanatic. I'm just insulted :(

Oct 27, 2009 8:13 PM

nii-nii said:
I'm a female.

I call everyone bro, because I believe in gender equality.

nii-nii said:

I won't lie Lucky Star is on of my favorite series, but take a gander at your list, it's short you only have two drops and one of them is a one, after only watching two episode, there are very few shows that I would've let that slide without a comment.[/qoute]

nii-nii said:
I do not mince words. I call it s I see it and the way I see it is she isn't an anime fan, but a lot of people on this site aren't, so I don't mean it in a particularly derogatory way.

Oct 27, 2009 8:14 PM

The list is easy on the eyes. Nice variety of animes. Not too much 10s I like that.

8/10

Oct 27, 2009 8:19 PM

ShadowbladeEdge said:

I call everyone bro, because I believe in gender equality.

Got'cha. I do the same thing irl, but not online. Sorry for probably sounding like a bitchy feminist.

ShadowbladeEdge said:
I won't lie Lucky Star is on of my favorite series, but take a gander at your list, it's short you only have two drops and one of them is a one, after only watching two episode, there are very few shows that I would've let that slide without a comment.

Well, I guess it's time to call "cool beans" on this. I mean, I get where you're coming from, I just don't think that giving a show that didn't float my boat a one after disliking what I saw is such a big deal. But as I've said, I get your reasoning (since you don't believe in scoring shows at all until they're finished, etc., etc.) so it's cool.

Oct 27, 2009 8:22 PM

-__- said:
The theme is pretty plain but at least I can read it
Catlord3 said:
The list is easy on the eyes.
That's all I'm going for. It's also an homage to Baka-Raptor/Maddox, though I'm sure they strongly disagree with a lot of my scores.

Oct 27, 2009 8:23 PM

Why jump on this one guy who doesn't like Lucky Star when I see at least 100 others who also doesn't like it?

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!

Oct 27, 2009 8:28 PM

cartier-ngo said:
Why jump on this one guy who doesn't like Lucky Star when I see at least 100 others who also doesn't like it?

It's because I haven't watched all of it.

Oct 27, 2009 8:29 PM

cartier-ngo said:
Did you read any of the prior posts? I don't give a shit that she doesn't like Lucky Star, I was frowning upon the fact that she graded something(s) prematurely. Maybe you should brush up on your English, broha.

Oct 27, 2009 8:42 PM

cartier-ngo said:

Come on man, read ShadowbladeEdge's post. He's saying this because nii-nii dropped and rated it a 1. And, for the record, I disagree with him on a few things but I do agree that you shouldn't drop a show at two episodes and give it a 1. Though, I can sort of understand nii-nii's reasoning it doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

But, anyway cartier-ngo it's hard for me to rate you when alot of your anime is stuff I haven't seen. Your list is pretty easy on the eyes and you seem to use the full spectrum of the rating system, which is always a plus in my eyes. I don't know if anyone else has asked you this but do you rate critically or based on enjoyment? Because I think your ratings could be either way.

Otherwise, I'm gonna make my usual suggestion and say check out the older stuff. And, hell, check out really bad anime like Apocalypse Zero or MD Geist II if you want to see how bad anime can really be. But, only do this if you really enjoy anime. Otherwise, it'll be a waste of time.

Edit: Awesome, I'm late.

@ShadowBladeEdge, fair enough you have some pretty good points on your rating system and such. And, yes, technically Rebuild is better. But, I don't know, it takes alot more than that to impress me and I just couldn't get over them taking out the brilliant, which is purely my opinion, episode 4. And, well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on whether or not the first half is better than the second half for NGE.
Modified by Ston3_FreeN7, Oct 27, 2009 8:47 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 27, 2009 8:47 PM

insan3soldiern:

Looks good to me. You've got plenty of variety and don't overrate.

Only complaint I have is the red on black gets a bit hard on the eyes, but content-wise very good. 8/10

Oct 27, 2009 8:58 PM

kasumisama said:
insan3soldiern:

Looks good to me. You've got plenty of variety and don't overrate.

Only complaint I have is the red on black gets a bit hard on the eyes, but content-wise very good. 8/10

Yeah, I'm trying to fix that but I'm honestly having some issues getting my list style done to fit my tastes.

As far as your list, I really think both Baccano! and Simoun are great anime. So, you've already earned bonus points there. Also, besides Top wo Nerae, Higurashi, and a difference of a few points, our tastes seem to be remarkably similar as far as the anime we share. I can't really argue with that, I already know i've overrated Higurashi. You also don't seem to have a problem with watching older anime and seem to cover all kinds of different, except for maybe Shounen. But, I'm really no fan of that so, again, I cant argue.

I also like list style and background, so I'll give you an 8/10.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 27, 2009 8:58 PM

good theme

NGE all the way man

Oct 27, 2009 9:25 PM

Perp: I think you overrate action shows a bit much. Other than that, good job. (>_<)b

Oct 27, 2009 9:32 PM

kasumisama said:
Perp: I think you overrate action shows a bit much. Other than that, good job. (>_<)b

for example?

Oct 27, 2009 9:34 PM

Sorted the list by score, a whole lot of the 9-10 seem to be action oriented.

Oct 27, 2009 10:14 PM

you watch alot of airing series which i cant do since i like to watch anime on my own time.

Oct 27, 2009 10:22 PM

People, stop spamming. If you read the opening message, you'd see I said not to post if you can't be arsed to string together at least a few sentences. And, if you looked down the first page, you'd see a mod posted a warning.

Basically, stop being lazy or GTFO. You're ruining a decent thread.

kasumisama:

A 67.7% campatibility rating doesn't tell the whole story. Not even close. Our averages are 7.3 / 7.5, and we've seen 180+ of the same titles.

Apart from in a few cases, like Berserk, our ratings only differ by one point. That's it. So, aside from a few major differences, we're practically identical. (You have very good taste, in short.)

You've seen a lot more anime than me, but going on your scoring system my list will end up a lot like yours.

Your list itself is dull, with a crappy repeating background and only red text, but aside from that it's all good.

9/10

Edit: Bah, I'm late, again. It takes too long to look at lists and post...
Modified by AironicallyHuman, Oct 27, 2009 10:29 PM

Oct 27, 2009 10:23 PM

Perposterone

There's alot of anime on your list that I would never ever consider giving a 10, like Black Lagoon for example. But, as previously stated, you seem to enjoy action anime the most. Me, personally I prefer well written and thought provoking stuff so that is one issue between the two of us. On the other hand, you did give NGE and LOGH 10's which is something I can agree with. But, I sort of get the feeling you rate by enjoyment instead of critically.

7/10, I also like your background.

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 27, 2009 10:26 PM

I won't comment on the scores since I haven't seen a lot of it, but at least the overall style flows; though why don't you have the background stationary?

Oct 28, 2009 12:14 AM

insan3soldiern:
You have a looooot of anime on your list compared to mine, but of the 53 anime we share I find your scores good and agreeable (considering we have 82.8% compatibility). Your PtW list's wow so long, and I think you pretty much watch anything. I'd give you 8/10.
Only complaint I have is the red on black gets a bit hard on the eyes.

Blaze-Senpai:
Good list. Apart from Clannad OVA's and movie our scores are pretty close. You score things after watching enough number of episodes too, except Naruto. I'm liking your bg, but you might wanna change the hover color. 7/10.

Oct 28, 2009 12:49 AM

Hakusei, list design is pretty good, the lettering is a bit thin one the lists making it hard a shy hard to see, and I don't care for your choice of Senjogahara art, I feel that you could've done better. I also don't like that what you've got going on with the cursor. You've rated some show before you've finished them, and you haven't rated some things you have. Nice range. Only score I vaguely disagree with is Marimite, but it's not that bad and it's not everyone's thing.

8/10

Oct 28, 2009 12:57 AM

@Shadowbladeedge

Not bad taste, plus you are following almost everything (if not everything) I am following this season which is nice. The only things that threw me off a bit where a few odd high rankings here and there for shows I'm not so keen on, but that is a matter of OH-PIH-NI-UN so okay.

8/10

Oct 28, 2009 1:03 AM

ShadowbladeEdge said:
Asako said:
I'm curious to hear your explanation on that conclusion. How are they all over the place? Because I rate some stuff of similar genres completely differently, or... what? Given I score based on various key factors (see my blog for details) even shows that may be fundamentally "the same" may score quite differently depending on the quality of key elements (art, scoring, casting etc, even if the story is quite similar).
I can do this thing you ask, but it is sleepy time now. Ask me again in about 12 hours.

Calling you on this since you seem to be awake.

Haylias: Ookami to Koushinryou as a favourite series and Gin-tan in fav chars is all I need to see to give much <3. List design is generic but quite readable, so no complaints on it. Compat is so-so, not much to say otherwise.

Oct 28, 2009 1:14 AM

Anime compatibility with Asako is:
Medium-High
63.1%
Anime You Share (136)

You have the kind of list design I could only dream of making. I never played Touhou but seeing your list design almost makes me want to play it.

You've also seen a very impressive amount of anime and are fairly strict on scoring. Overall a very nice list ^_^

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh

Oct 28, 2009 1:19 AM
@asako
compatibility is somewhat low 42.8%
that says a lot.
You're not afraid to give 10's and 9's like me too, but there is a big difference in scoring older shows. For example you rated low on Cowboy Bebop, Akira,NGE, but also some other shows.
You don't seem to be enjoying action as much as I do.
I like the design of your list.

@smasher

Anime compatibility with Smasher is:
Medium
52.0%
Anime You Share (41)
same as asako, I enjoy action more, hence the big difference

Oct 28, 2009 1:27 AM

Anime You Share (14)

Has a long list of Plan To Watch.

Oct 28, 2009 1:28 AM

Meri said:
You're not afraid to give 10's and 9's like me too, but there is a big difference in scoring older shows. For example you rated low on Cowboy Bebop, Akira,NGE, but also some other shows.
e

I simply think those three titles you listed are quite overrated. Bebop was enjoyable for what it was, but the episodic nature, with some of them being quite dull, was rather weak. Mushroom Samba was awesome, though. Akira I never really saw the appeal of, even when it was brand new. Just not my kettle of fish, I guess. And NGE is one of if not the most overrated anime of all time.

All three of the titles you mention suffer from "cherry popper syndrome" being some of the first stuff dubbed and released in the US as "anime" as opposed to being retooled in to "cartoons" so were some of the first real anime many people saw, however I had been watching anime long before they came out even in Japan, much less their dubs, so they didn't "wow" me as much, and have no nostalgia effect on me.

Oct 28, 2009 1:46 AM

Anime compatibility with AlexisSolitaire is:
Low
37.3%

*tear* Background is cool, but it makes everything a bit hard to read (especially the reds) It's the first time I've ever seen a 1. Your scores are very irregular, it seems you either love them or hate them, and that it's a very emotional evaluation. You should definetely watch Monster. And Code Geass, just because yes.

Also, you can now watch the second episode of Switch, it's subbed already. :3

(jumped Asako because she had been above me already)

Oct 28, 2009 1:54 AM

Asako said:
you seem to be awake.
It's all an elaborate ruse. However it's a really elaborate ruse so you'll get what ye ask. Except not really. I've been starring at your list for 10 minutes and all I can see is a bunch of letters and numbers that mean nothing to me. It was probably just a sleep deprived epiphany anyway, and I slept for 12 hours today. Maybe if I made a chart, but I'm so lazy.

But here's this, to distract you:
Modified by ShadowbladeEdge, Oct 28, 2009 2:02 AM

Oct 28, 2009 1:57 AM

ladyxzeus said:
It's the first time I've ever seen a 1.

(jumped Asako because she had been above me already)

Waitwhat. You did me already, but you missed my 1? I object! :D

I'll do AlexisSolitaire too, since I skipped one last time;

42.4% is on the lower side of compat, while 40s aren't rare for me, they are uncommon, which means we have drastically different tastes, though with only 25 shared it's hard to say for sure. List is decent though the tiny image tiling kinda makes it a bit eh, though I suspect it's not an issue for people on lower resolutions, which in return make high resolution list designs fail for them. >.>

Oct 28, 2009 2:01 AM

I missed your 1. And I still can't find it. Found a 3 and a 2, though. O_O It's very well hidden.

Oct 28, 2009 2:04 AM

Asako said:
It's the first time I've ever seen a 1.
Didn't you do me too? Because I have a 1.

Oct 28, 2009 2:06 AM

ladyxzeus said:
I missed your 1. And I still can't find it. Found a 3 and a 2, though. O_O It's very well hidden.

Sort list by score? Right at the bottom. Hard to miss. ^^; I always sort by score to check people's top and bottom; middle range don't matter.

Oct 28, 2009 2:13 AM

Oh, since the middle range is the majority it gives me an overall vision of the thing. xD And I didn't knew you could sort it by score (the versatility of these lists, what's next to discover!)

Asako, it's amazing that you completed the series and still Oned it. ;_;

On the both cases I haven't watched the series in question, but haven't hear too bad about them either.

Oct 28, 2009 4:22 AM

@ ladyxzeus;

Wow, the first thing is, that's quite alot of series. Seems also that you aren't easily impressed (rate many of your series low). Wide variety of anime series, many I haven't heard of before. One 2009 series - Miracle Train. 10/10 for Sailor Moon ;)

Oct 28, 2009 4:36 AM

@ Nick_xD
Pretty background!
We have a high compatibility. I like a lot of the shows you do. I noticed that you too rate shows that you've only maybe seen a few episodes of. And you've dropped a ton of shows a well. You've put a ton of great shows on your plan-to-watch list.
8/10

Pages (153) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »