Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2014 10:39 PM
Mar 2012
I know its early right now but the anime is really dam good and i will be gone for 8 months, so I wanna know if this will get another season that I could look forward to when I come back.
Sep 5, 2014 10:41 PM

Aug 2008
I really hope it get season 2. This anime has lots of potential but it's very repetitive where it's about bomb and riddle of the week. I was hoping they will change things but with 11 episode, it's not going to be enough unless there is season 2.
ZapredonSep 5, 2014 10:44 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 5, 2014 10:44 PM

Jan 2009
no because at best it will only sell an average of 3000-5000 disc sales that is bluraydiscs and DVDs combined
Sep 5, 2014 10:52 PM
Mar 2012
i often hear about anime getting a season 2 depending on sales on blu ray and dvd. whats on average sale would it be for them to produce a season 2? and where can i find the statistic of sales
Sep 5, 2014 11:02 PM

Jan 2009
snk024 said:
i often hear about anime getting a season 2 depending on sales on blu ray and dvd. whats on average sale would it be for them to produce a season 2? and where can i find the statistic of sales

sequels depends on many factors but some of the factors are disc sales for late night anime shows (because if its airing on morning tv slot it will only need higher tv ratings or higher tv advertisements profit that is why shows like One Piece and Naruto Shippuuden are still airing despite its poor disc sales) and of course the continuation of the story if the anime is base on an ongoing story like manga or light novel and the disc sales (or tv ratings) are good then it can get a sequel

an average of 10,000 disc sales above almost guarantee a sequel but not in most cases

Zankyou no Terror is an original anime so that means it has an original story and not base on an ongoing manga or light novel story so chances for a sequel is down there but also as i mentioned previously the disc sales estimates are just average

look in the news forum for news about disc sales like this thread - http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1263081 from that thread you can see that Zankyou no Terror has an average disc sale estimate of only 1,200 disc sale so its selling poor at the moment (look for the post of rederoin he posted the estimates)
Sep 5, 2014 11:29 PM
Oct 2012
j0x said:
snk024 said:

sequels depends on many factors but some of the factors are disc sales for late night anime shows (because if its airing on morning tv slot it will only need higher tv ratings or higher tv advertisements profit that is why shows like One Piece and Naruto Shippuuden are still airing despite its poor disc sales) and of course the continuation of the story if the anime is base on an ongoing story like manga or light novel and the disc sales (or tv ratings) are good then it can get a sequel

an average of 10,000 disc sales above almost guarantee a sequel but not in most cases

Zankyou no Terror is an original anime so that means it has an original story and not base on an ongoing manga or light novel story so chances for a sequel is down there but also as i mentioned previously the disc sales estimates are just average

look in the news forum for news about disc sales like this thread - http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1263081 from that thread you can see that Zankyou no Terror has an average disc sale estimate of only 1,200 disc sale so its selling poor at the moment (look for the post of rederoin he posted the estimates)

If such numbers were in correlation to sequels, we would have gotten three seasons worth of Cowboy Bebop.

I don't think Watanabe cares about a sequel, only creating a story that finishes and leave the audience satisfied and not a distasteful manner.

However, that might happen here.
Sep 5, 2014 11:33 PM

Jan 2009
BRK25 said:
j0x said:

If such numbers were in correlation to sequels, we would have gotten three seasons worth of Cowboy Bebop.

I don't think Watanabe cares about a sequel, only creating a story that finishes and leave the audience satisfied and not a distasteful manner.

However, that might happen here.

thats why i said IN MOST CASES there are lots of factors to consider and i just listed some of them
Sep 8, 2014 11:01 PM
Dec 2010
snk024 said:

http://www.someanithing.com/

You can find it here. There are plenty of series (Gin no Saji, Hamatora, Buddy Complex) that didn't sell well and yet got second seasons. There's more to determining if a series gets a sequel than blu ray/dvd sales. But it's fair to say that Zankyou no Terror hasn't been a success and there's not much reason for Watanabe to push for a second season unless he's really passionate about the series.
Sep 8, 2014 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
Depends on the reception/sales and how they plan to end this season.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 8, 2014 11:26 PM

Jan 2009
scytheavatar said:
There are plenty of series (Gin no Saji, Hamatora, Buddy Complex) that didn't sell well and yet got second seasons.

i know that Hamatora and Buddy Complex are split cours though, so they are bound to have second seasons because it was planned from the very beginning

and Gin no Saji have manga sales boost i heard, sometimes the manga sales doubles to triple or more when its anime version aired
Sep 8, 2014 11:46 PM

Mar 2013
j0x said:
scytheavatar said:
There are plenty of series (Gin no Saji, Hamatora, Buddy Complex) that didn't sell well and yet got second seasons.

i know that Hamatora and Buddy Complex are split cours though, so they are bound to have second seasons because it was planned from the very beginning

and Gin no Saji have manga sales boost i heard, sometimes the manga sales doubles to triple or more when its anime version aired
that's very interesting but iirc there is no manga for zankyou terror
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 8, 2014 11:47 PM

Jan 2009
DerpHole said:
but iirc there is no manga for zankyou terror

ye that is another factor to consider on having an anime sequel
Sep 10, 2014 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
I would love a season 2, how could an anime like this possibly end with just 11 episodes? Would be a great shame if we couldn't get a second season within the next year. Think of all the other characters that could be introduced, such as the other numbers.
Sep 11, 2014 11:08 AM
Feb 2014
I think it will depend how it ends, there could be no story left. But yeah if it ends on a cliffhanger then it will be more likely. It just depends on the ending and like others said, how successful it is :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2014 11:18 AM

Mar 2014
If all the main characters die by the end of the show, which is somewhat likely, then no. So we can't really answer this question until we know how it ends
Sep 11, 2014 12:15 PM

May 2007
I don't think this series will get a 2nd season because first it's from Watanabe (don't mention Space Dandy....that's a split cour) and the anime is a self-contained story where all the main characters might end up dying in the next 2 episodes.

Since, Five is the "antagonist", and looks like she's almost at death's door....I just doubt a second season despite this series being soooo damn good.
Mar 24, 2016 11:45 PM
Mar 2016
It would be great if they make a season 2! Really love znt cries hdhwjdje but /spoiler alert/

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KuniiAug 21, 2021 2:37 PM
May 21, 2016 9:33 AM
May 2015
Don't touch this anime! Yes, the ending was a little bit of a let down but it was a good conclusion to the story. As for the rest, it is a short, thrilling and amazing experience so there is no need for a second season. At most they could do special episodes regarding their story at the little intelectual-child-raising-evil-government-plan-school. That, yes, would be very interesting and I would dig the hell out of it.
Jun 13, 2016 8:55 PM

Jul 2015
Just finished this anime and it was really good, haven't watched something that kept me interested since Steins; Gate but I would love for a season 2
edit: actually i'm really not too sure anymore, having a season 2 would just ruin the ending and complicate the original plot so maybe not.. :P

Jul 24, 2016 12:16 AM
Jul 2016
If zankyou were to get a season 2 what would you guys as fans look for in the second season? Plot? new character? If by any chance 12 and 9 made it. .. Things like that plz comment on this i need info for this 😊😰😅😅😆 thank youuuu ^.^
Jul 24, 2016 12:20 AM

Nov 2014
MonsterGhoul4U said:
If zankyou were to get a season 2 what would you guys as fans look for in the second season? Plot? new character? If by any chance 12 and 9 made it. .. Things like that plz comment on this i need info for this 😊😰😅😅😆 thank youuuu ^.^
it will not have a second season, ever. period.
you registered here for nothing.

Mar 17, 2017 12:49 PM

Mar 2017
I really hope it gets a season 2! I loved it from start to finish but to Be honest I don't see how there can be a season 2?
Nov 2, 2019 1:05 AM
Nov 2019
For me it's great to have a season 2. I love Zankyou No terror I doubt it. As if I Can`t get over it. I respecting watanabe how he made it until the end. But the way it end up it's kinda heart breaking.
Nov 13, 2019 3:24 AM
Oct 2016
No. Even though i liked it, i'm sure it's never going to happen. Then again, why should it get a sequel? Still, the ending was heartbreaking.
MrGarlandNov 13, 2019 6:06 AM
May 27, 2021 12:13 AM
Aug 2020
Are you stupid??
Season 1 ended the story, there is no point for a second season. Unless they make a sequel or some spinoff in the same universe
May 28, 2021 4:31 PM

Jan 2019
AnimeJunki3 said:
Are you stupid??
Season 1 ended the story, there is no point for a second season. Unless they make a sequel or some spinoff in the same universe

Nice necropost lmao
Also if u look at the date of creation this thread was made in 2014, before the anime finished airing, so they had no way of knowing that ep11 wraps everything up.

May 28, 2021 4:33 PM
Dec 2017
if the story is done no reason to continue you it.

May 28, 2021 10:23 PM
Aug 2020
LelPop said:
AnimeJunki3 said:
Are you stupid??

Nice necropost lmao
Also if u look at the date of creation this thread was made in 2014, before the anime finished airing, so they had no way of knowing that ep11 wraps everything up.
Then they are even more stupid than i thought , wishing for a second season even before the first season is finished
May 29, 2021 11:29 AM

Jan 2019
AnimeJunki3 said:
LelPop said:

Nice necropost lmao
Then they are even more stupid than i thought , wishing for a second season even before the first season is finished

did you even read op's post

Dec 25, 2022 8:47 AM
Oct 2019
I really hope it get season 2. This series would have a lot of potential.
But I think it won't get a second season.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.