Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Ano Natsu de Matteru Special Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 19, 2015 10:06 AM
Red a shit.

Jan 27, 2015 12:42 AM

AngelicFeces said:
Like 2 fucking years since the anime aired. I don't even remember how it ended.

lol I kinda felt the same way but quickly remembered most of the key points.

My poor Kanna.

Long time to wait for a short OVA that was mostly a recap covering a treasured memory.

Feb 15, 2015 2:50 AM
The start of the special made me feel incredibly nostalgic. It threw me back two years so to speak and I was set for a ride on nostalgia road. Even so, the episode itself was lackluster and, as you fellas mentioned, a recap of the events already known to us.

The ending left a bittersweet feeling but all in all the special didn't live up to its predecessor whatsoever...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Mar 28, 2015 5:07 AM

Still hoping for a good ending for Kanna :|

But wow being nudist while with a friend is just crazy.

Apr 25, 2015 4:38 PM
Enjoyable OVA :) just watched the season of the show so this was a nice continuation. I would love the recipe for Remon's Dynamite Drink! lol

The only thing missing for me would be Ichika finally coming back to Earth and having a romantic and heartfelt reunion with everyone and being able to stay and be with Kaito. Maybe they'll put out a second OVA *fingers crossed*.

Jun 16, 2015 7:57 PM

It was meh, but I liked the fireworks scene.

I also enjoyed the music, but that was basically it; I'm not a big fan of the show to begin with anyways. 5/10.

Jun 27, 2015 4:51 PM
Hi guys, my name is Andrew and foremost I do not speak very good English, so I will strive to get it understand what I'm saying.

Today I have watched "Waiting in the Summer" with the "OVA 01", but like many of you, I did not like the end of this anime. I think there should be a second "OVA" or a second season. For example where Kanna can find the love and be happy.

The point is that, the last "OVA" occurred last summer in 2014, I really hope there is a second "OVA" or second season soon. In Japan is summer now, I firmly believe that the producers of this anime can do something for us very soon.

On the other hand, this anime gave us very clear indications that there will be a continuation. At the end of episode 12 in the last scene of the film that Kaito is showing at the festival of the Institute, only noticing the clothes that Ichika wears. This is a typical clothing from Bolivia. How could Ichika wear those clothes? Because in the same episode, Kaito's sister brings to Ichika the same clothes as a gift, but Kaito's sister is surprised and at the same time, she is disappointed because Ichika is gone.

Please tell me about other forums where we can ask that this anime continues.
Thank you very much and I hope you have understood what I have written.
I welcome your comments.
:)

Jun 28, 2015 8:25 PM
Please follow me on twitter.
We need a second OVA or a second season for "Ano Natsu de Matteru".

https://twitter.com/Andrew028SH/status/615357275960647681

Aug 1, 2015 9:55 AM

Mio has developed quite an attitude, I am surprised.

Found this pretty relaxing and nice. Missed old ED and OP, esp Vidro Miyou. But the new ones were really good, too. I am a fan of the original work, so yup, I enjoyed it.

Dec 29, 2015 7:59 PM
Im not sure how to feel about the OVA, I just binge watched the entire season and this OVA felt lacking. They already showed us Ichika returning so I though we'd get a reunion scene or something.

Well at least Mio and tetsuo are a couple.

9/10 Main season
7/10 the OVA

Feb 24, 2016 1:09 AM

Poor Kanna, only she doesn't have a partner. Hope she finds one at college.

Apr 30, 2016 11:56 PM

It was a decent episode, nothing out of the ordinary or special. I'll give it a 6/10. I really hope there will be a sequel to this. They should make an OVA where Kaito visits Ishika in space and meets her family and sees her planet. If not in an OVA make it part of the sequel if its going to happen. I think that would be an interesting plot point that would breathe some fresh air into the series instead of her going back to earth. I mean they have the spaceship to travel there now which means Kaito could possibly travel to her planet with the help of Remon or she comes back due to Earth having advanced technology thus no longer making it a Planet F development.

May 11, 2016 1:19 PM

Did Ichika never returned..... it was ended rather open endedly

Jun 1, 2016 2:37 PM

With the way it ended, I think the best we can hope for is another season. Would love one :).

Jul 26, 2016 10:17 AM

ibraheem234 said:
Did Ichika never returned..... it was ended rather open endedly

Huh, Ichika did returned which was showed during the school festival(years later) film in the anime series episode 12, but it took some time thou. You can see Ichika wearing the Bolivia shirt bought by Kaito sis.

The condition of Ichika returning is for the earth to have space advancement to seek and join the federation. In the last scene of the ova the MIB able to build a spaceship and Ichika able to return.

Aug 15, 2016 9:23 PM

It's been quite a while since I saw the original anime, and I had forgotten how much I liked it. This was a good OVA, as a sequel/unseen events from the original. While it may be hinting at a sequel, I doubt one is coming at this point. It's probably been too long. And i'm perfectly happy at how it ended. I thought this OVA would be Ichika returning, like what was hinted at in the last episode of the original series, but I guess not. But I don't mind leaving things ambiguous, in this case.
I don't accept random friend requests, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about something i've posted or talk about some anime/manga that i've seen.

Nov 10, 2016 4:53 AM

They were drugged again by Lemon.

Dec 7, 2016 2:57 AM

Lemon <3

Pretty relaxing OVA.
Kanna's still in love with him huh? Poor her :(

The fan service was nice

Jul 10, 2017 7:12 PM

This special episode wasn't necessary for me, it didn't bring new things and ten minutes were about something that happened in the past.

Mar 27, 2018 3:11 PM
NEED FUCKING TOGETHER STORY ...

Dec 19, 2019 1:10 AM

Really make me confussion, still dont understand... it is episode 13?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]