Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 20, 2014 7:01 PM

Nov 2013
Now when I think about it, killing the children was probably the best thing he could do for them as they would just be living a pathetic existence if he were to save them.

Sep 23, 2014 1:40 PM

Jul 2010
God damn it poor Joker, I really liked his character from the start but he has one shitty life, and an even worse ending; getting his arm cut off, seeing his (messed up but still nontheless) "father" getting shot, finding out his childhood friends are being killed and unable to do anything and finally finding out that the arm is made out of human bones... god dam it.
Nov 4, 2014 11:20 AM

May 2012
Oh damn what an impressive episode again, that ending was pretty fucked up though, he could've saved that girl that was stabbed right there and all those others but well could they still be saved? Either way with the next being the final episode I really wonder how they'll be ending off this season.
Feb 20, 2015 7:56 AM

Sep 2013
Ciel you worthless piece of shit

Feb 28, 2015 9:54 AM

Aug 2014
Wait did they also burn the children? Ciel is a bitch.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Mar 8, 2015 3:21 PM

Feb 2015
FenixDragon43 said:
Why is everyone complaining about the children being killed.. They were already dead. They flashed to those stitches on all their heads at least five times. They most likely had their brains altered to make them incapable of emotion, movement, thought.. If they were just drugged there would be no need to alter their brains, so it's pretty clear they were already past being able to be saved.

That aside this episode was bad ass.. I completely forgot have everyone died, so it was a little disturbing to relive it. A little sad that they had to kill everyone off, but I guess that's what makes it so good.

THIS.

I skimmed the first couple of pages but all the comments about Ciel ordering the mansion to be burned down was just annoying. Besides, he was never the "let's-save-everyone-with-our-nakama-power" to begin with.
Apr 27, 2015 9:55 PM

Jul 2013
lol just look at Grell.. can you believe that the same dude voiced Lelouch as well? That's what I call talent!

Ciel what the fuck? Why did you have to wait for that doctor to kill that girl? Goddammit! The moment that doctor started talking about the materials that he used for the prosthetics I knew he's fucked in the head too. He could've prevented that innocent kid from dying... and he even ordered Sebastian to burn the mansion! The kids are still in there! And don't get me started with the "the kids are pretty much dead anyway so blah blah blah" or "Ciel is just a kid and he's got trauma blah blah" The kids were alive and Ciel killed them it's as simple as that. Cold-blooded spoiled brat.
Jun 3, 2015 2:44 AM
Oct 2014
I quite honestly didn't even register the fact that when Ciel burned the house he burned the children inside. Heck, I didn't even realize the children were still alive. I really thought that this entire time, the children had already been dismantled into parts and were basically dolls. So when he burned down the house, all he really did was burn doll parts: not alive, not human, not real. I now know that those were the actual children, still (physically) intact, but that explains why I didn't have any problem with Ciel burning down the house. Quite honestly, even now I don't really have any problem with him burning everything - the fact that they're basically lobotomized with no capacity to think still can't seem to make my unconscious mind recognize them as any more than dolls. Getting away from all the moral and philosophical debate that's been going on, I guess I (sadly?) simply can't seem to get myself to care. I did, though, love the episode!

guyklc said:
Damn, what a great arc.

The only stupid thing was how Ciel told Sebastian to burn all the kids. Really? The whole point of the mission was to SAVE the kidnapped kids. By killing them all, how is Ciel any better than Baron Kelvin?

For how he's different from Baron Kelvin, I guess the main difference would be that the Baron played both active and passive roles in their deaths, while Ciel only played a passive role. Passive because although I know he actively made the decision to burn down the mansion (which definitely killed all the children), he wasn't the one to put them in that situation in the first place (so "passive", even though as a word it doesn't really mean that). On the other hand, the Baron both actively made decisions to bring the children there to their deaths and place them in the negative situation (what I'm calling "active") *and* purposely killed them later (definitely killing the children; so by congruence it's what I'm calling "passive"). Without getting into any argument of whether burning the mansion was the right thing to do or not, I hope that helps in determining how Ciel would be different from Baron Kelvin ^^

Squallina said:
Another thing that bothers me is that I was under the impression that Ciel's soul was innocent no matter what he went through and that's why Sebastian wanted it so badly. Now I can't see that.

...Now where in the world have you gotten the impression that Sebastian wants an innocent soul? I thought that the whole purpose of his choosing Ciel as his one perfect meal and following him on his quest for revenge was so that he could get one of the most despair-filled, black souls that he could find. Sebastian is definitely not helping Ciel for kindness' sake; however much I want Sebby to like Ciel as more than a meal, Ciel is just an especially-ruined soul that'll make a delectable meal for him.
Jul 15, 2015 4:47 PM

Sep 2013
The previous two seasons were rather comedic, but this shit is just full of gore for the sake of it. Ciel is just villianous psychopath. Fans of Saw and other retarded slashers will like it. It could easily be 8/10 anime but with all this idiotic gore garbage itll be mercy to rate it 5/10. So much unnecessary killing, even the innocent kids got "fired" because Ciel is a retard... I liked previous seasons. 1 was fairly good, 2 was mediocre, but this is simply garbage.
And it could easily be a good anime if they cut off most of the killing...
Oct 4, 2015 7:32 PM

Feb 2010
Omg that was so..dark. I loved it haha.
But that was also super depressing. That was so sad. I loved all those characters and they all died nooo ;(
I was super sad about that.
It was such a cool episode. I love black butler so much haha. But I'm not okay with everyone dying. I'm sad now :(
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Nov 11, 2015 8:49 AM

Jan 2012
dang they killed kids too.

Jan 28, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
Aww poor little kids. Looks like Lord Phantomhive have lost his sanity.
Feb 14, 2016 9:24 PM

Feb 2015
Clymenus said:

I figured it was probably more explained in the manga, but even with that I feel that was a really...wrong decision. Who knows what really happened to the kids, some of them were maybe only drugged or something, and even if the worst happened to them he should have let them live, maybe they would have recovered. But I guess he wasn't really thinking clearly at that moment, I'm curious to see if he regrets it later.

he tortures himself pretty badly about that decision, but that's in the manga, so i won't say anymore about that. but yes, he realizes his mistake of acting on feelings and tries to compensate for it in BoM.

i remember coming to this part about the manga.

*useless babble below*

TomDayFeb 14, 2016 9:34 PM
Jun 9, 2016 9:16 AM

Dec 2015
OMG when Grell read her memories I was waiting for him (or her?) to read the memory where Beast was all lovey-dovey with Sebastian, and the reaction was what I expected hahaha.
3 children died because Ciel was busy "reacting" to the situation, good job
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 16, 2016 1:03 PM

Jul 2013
Grell was funny, should've known he'd find the sex scene lol. The other reapers were funny too. And they called Grell a him in the dub so I assume he is a boy.

But so he was using the childrens bones to make the prosthetics - well Joker's did look like actual bone ... human bone china, hmmm.

Yes, if those children were really that bad off and mindless zombies after what had been done to them, them dying in a fire probably was a better fate which is quite sad, poor kids.

I guess Ciel thought they wouldn't get past the trauma even if they recovered physically and mentally.

Sebastian looked sexy when Ciel looked upset and he was looking down on him. Those pretty red eyes and that handsome face ;)

The Phantomhive butler soldiers were again awesome.

Sebastian set fire to the place in a way only a demon could and bizarrely looked more like Kirito from Sword Art Online when doing so, that was frankly kinda odd :/

People saying there are two Ciels and a different one was on the table, I thought it looked like young Ciel ... I thought Sebastian just healed him or something :/
Sep 7, 2016 5:52 PM

Mar 2014
Grell seeing Beast's memories with Sebas-chan killed me! XD

Poor Joker though. Died with everything taken away from him, with the cruel finale of learning what happened to all the children he kidnapped and let die (I knew those prosthetics were made from humans the SECOND he said they were made with "special" materials!)

Sad fate for all the children too. Although I guess since it looks like they've basically been lobotomized it's more of a mercy killing, even if he did it on an impulse.

Guess they're saving Doll's reaction to EVERYTHING in the next episode.
Feb 26, 2017 3:01 PM

Feb 2015
Burning down the mansion with all the children left in it was pretty brutal. I like it.
Jul 29, 2017 10:55 AM
Jun 2013
Is the circus gang the bad guys? Seriously felt bad for them. Also beast last moments in life was horrible as it was screwing a random guy and giving up info. Ciel sure is a little shit. Kinda stood there watch the girl die and then burned the kids.
Sep 18, 2017 1:10 AM

Jun 2016
Bard, Mey-rin, and Finny slaying as always. RIP to all the circus folks who are just victims of that fucking asshole who saved and used them for his own gain. :/ Thank, Kami-sama, Grell is here to make this anime fun because I swear it's one of those very dark anime.

Dagger died in front of Beast after saving her. Fuck. My heart. Then Beast was burn to death. I'm so done.

OHMYGOD! GRELL'S REACTION WHEN HE SAW THAT SEBASTIAN FUCKED BEAST. *I mean had sex, I need to stop using the word fuck lmfao* GREEEEEEEELL! THANKS FOR MAKING ME LAUGH MY ASS OFF. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Hahaha. He's so fucking gay for Sebby and I just can't even. Hahaha! Him pretending making love with Sebby. STOOOOOP! Hahaha.

Alright, finding out about their prosthetics were made from those children's bones they kidnapped. What the fuck. What the fuck. Poor Joker. Poor everyone. Gaaaaahhhd!

This scene made it look like a fucking yaoi and I fucking loved it. Ohmygod.

When Ciel touched Sebby's face akfbasighaiugauhgsdijdgnfuh! I want to touch his face, too. Ohmygod. ;-;

This anime just went up to my top 3 darkest anime with Ciel and Sebby burning the whole mansion down including all those children. Fuck fuck. Such a good fucking arc. I understand everyone saying this is their fave arc because it's so fucking goooooood.

I fucking love you, Daisuke Ono, for voicing Sebby. Ugh.
TheDoggoneGirlSep 18, 2017 1:13 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 8, 2018 11:47 AM
May 2016
I enjoyed this episode and yet I am still annoyed.
Jan 7, 2019 3:58 PM

Mar 2017
It is still not clear to me the story of Ciel, the fact of his sacrifice, the mark of the sect and the relationship with the angel ... All the sacrifices would have been recycled for the production of prosthesis (???) But the stories of various components of the circus were sad, rest in peace
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Jun 4, 2019 2:35 PM
Jan 2018
Really I know the comments are old but a few are saying how the servents where in the wrong wtf .

They circus gang went there to kidnapp ciel and kill witnesses
Jun 14, 2019 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
Lel0uchZer0 said:
It is HIS decission to male because he has the power and conviction to do it
Seriously never watch code geass if you think this was harsh or unreasonable

m8, this happened 4 years ago, I don't even know what you're talking about.
May 26, 2020 6:27 PM

Feb 2009
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Bard, Mey-rin, and Finny slaying as always. RIP to all the circus folks who are just victims of that fucking asshole who saved and used them for his own gain. :/ Thank, Kami-sama, Grell is here to make this anime fun because I swear it's one of those very dark anime.

Dagger died in front of Beast after saving her. Fuck. My heart. Then Beast was burn to death. I'm so done.

OHMYGOD! GRELL'S REACTION WHEN HE SAW THAT SEBASTIAN FUCKED BEAST. *I mean had sex, I need to stop using the word fuck lmfao* GREEEEEEEELL! THANKS FOR MAKING ME LAUGH MY ASS OFF. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Hahaha. He's so fucking gay for Sebby and I just can't even. Hahaha! Him pretending making love with Sebby. STOOOOOP! Hahaha.

Alright, finding out about their prosthetics were made from those children's bones they kidnapped. What the fuck. What the fuck. Poor Joker. Poor everyone. Gaaaaahhhd!

This scene made it look like a fucking yaoi and I fucking loved it. Ohmygod.

When Ciel touched Sebby's face akfbasighaiugauhgsdijdgnfuh! I want to touch his face, too. Ohmygod. ;-;

This anime just went up to my top 3 darkest anime with Ciel and Sebby burning the whole mansion down including all those children. Fuck fuck. Such a good fucking arc. I understand everyone saying this is their fave arc because it's so fucking goooooood.

I fucking love you, Daisuke Ono, for voicing Sebby. Ugh.

^^^ THIS is the only comment that matters. FANSERVICE, BLOOD, AND MORALLY CORRUPT DECISIONS.

And Grell popping his bussy open to thoughts of Sebby. Black Butler at its finest, lol.

Sep 1, 2020 8:26 AM

Mar 2019
So everybody died. I do feel bad for Beast, Joker and Dagger cause I liked them a lot, but eh, being dumb until the very end I guess. And also man, wtf was that doctor, I thought he's going to be the good guy when he showed up at the end, but wtf was that and also how Sebastian killed him in 1 second.
I do think that they over-dramatized the Ciel part where he almost couldnt speak, like come on. And he was also dumb for putting it all on fire. Kinda lowered my respect for him. I still love Sebastian.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 3, 2021 3:41 PM
Jan 2021
Rewatching it after almost 7 years (Jesus Christ) and this episode still made me extremely uncomfortable and sad (in a good way?)
Watching the circus members fight against the servants is like, I don’t want them to win, but please I also don’t want them to die...!?
Not saying that the circus members are good person, but almost no one in this anime is. These guys just don’t deserve to go out like that: treated like random background characters like those hired killers in ep1, after we’ve already known their backstory...
With these said, I am kinda happy they added the scene with Grell harvesting their souls, not because of the attempt of comedy by making Grell jealous, but because of the fact that their insignificant lives full of struggles and lack of choices are at least seen and recorded somewhere. That to me feels like a rather gentle approach. Its probably just me though...
Mar 28, 2021 10:50 PM
Sep 2019
Fucking ciel. Cant believe he burned the children too.
Jun 8, 2021 11:20 AM
Jan 2021
Damn, this episode was so hot DID YOU SEE SEBASTIANS SMIRK!? But it was kinda sad to see Ciel in such position. I would never imagine that the phantomhives butlers were so good in battling.
Aug 23, 2021 1:41 AM
May 2018
I feel mixed emotions in this episode.
Glad that their enemies had eliminated but feel sorry for the children.
I kinda feel irritate with Ciel because his order is so unreasonable.Why just he didnt order sebastian to rescue the children that's so cruel to think.
Dec 23, 2022 1:52 PM
Dec 2022
It was very emotional and we are finally able to witness Ciel's traumas and past better.
Apr 6, 3:02 PM

Nov 2017
It's now up to Peter, then Beast (who had the worst death of all), Joker, and even the poor little girl (dead just to showcase her "experience" to Ciel) to die! RIP. 🙏
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

146 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

97 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

92 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

72 by Elyshion »»
Apr 3, 3:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.