Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2014 12:40 PM

Mar 2012
BRK25 said:
My biggest question that I'm getting is Lisa's place.

If she's not a part of Shibazaki in any heritage, then there must be something going on that we don't know in the works. There's no way they put her in and has no service or use.

Waiting on that cinematography.

My guess is that she's from the Gifted Children thing plan or was part of it but forgot or something like that after seeing the opening on repeat:
CEOAmaterasuSep 4, 2014 12:44 PM
Sep 4, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2013
Keten said:

Very true. However it's just speculation as of yet. I am not saying she is forever a 1-dimensional character, just that for now she is and she's really cheesy is all. I am waiting for some backdrop on her to expand her character more but otherwise yes, there is likely more to her than what I said. My big problem with the show is that they don't really explain anything, I feel like the last episode or 2nd last episode is just going to be a MASSIVE info-dump... I hope that isn't the case. Either way, sorry if it seemed like I was calling her a doomed character, never meant that, just that so far there isn't much to her other than being psychotic and evil.

Haha no problem man, you're good. You're right that the show hasn't done much else to portray Five in a different light. I've just been seeing a lot of people (besides you) complaining about Five being 1-dimensional without really giving her a chance. Sorry if it sounded like I was taking it out on you. Yeah there's still 3 more episodes so we'll see how Watanabe pulls this off... or not.

As for the show not really explaining anything, that's just how the show decided to tell its story. It's really up to the viewers to deduce background information by paying close attention to the anime (like how I deduced that Five seems to be suffering from withdrawal symptoms of a drug possibly administered during the Athena plan).

The show will never resort to info dump unless it REALLY has to, that I can guarantee. If you take Aldnoah.Zero for example, do you remember Inaho talking to himself weirdly about how he beat a Vers Kataphrakt? There are many instances in that show that outright reveals background info through dialogue, but ZnT relies more on giving "hints" throughout.
Sep 4, 2014 12:45 PM

Dec 2011
Almost felt like a filler. 3/5

何も期待するな//list//twitter//osu//
Sep 4, 2014 12:50 PM
Sep 2012
Lisa gets taken. I find it annoying how Twelve just leaves Nine to go rescue Lisa like she is the most important thing, It's sad how Nine asks Twelve not to go but he does. I can't tell if he is in love with her or what. It's just really getting on my last nerve.

Sorry, just needed to vent.
Sep 4, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
Project: rescue the waifu
Sep 4, 2014 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
Lisa got kidnapped again.

Twelve decides to leave and searches for Lisa ignoring Nine's advice.

Let's hope Nine and Twelve can save Lisa from Five.
Sep 4, 2014 12:57 PM
Oct 2012
You know, an important note that someone brought up to.

Five was a spy for the USA. She's getting free power to do but again, the Japanese Police are slowly becoming suspicious and hesitant on allowing the FBI. But again, she was a spy and shifted from an official government establishment and transferred to NEST.
Sep 4, 2014 12:58 PM

Jan 2014
Damn it Lisa, don't be a Sakura, crying and being useless
Sep 4, 2014 12:58 PM
Sep 2013
An ok episode Five is definitely a cold hearted villain she is. Poor Lisa being told shes worthless. I loled at the bomb being delivered at the 1st hideout. Twelve to the rescue seems nine only cares for is revenge
Sep 4, 2014 1:02 PM

Apr 2012
Boring episode e_e
Lisa is such a worthless main character.

Sep 4, 2014 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
poor 9. his buddy is going full retard and losing sight of their goals. i mean you gotta have a pretty crazy conviction to play terrorist and now to suddenly lose sight of that cause of some girl... ugh.
Sep 4, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 2012
ooh what a build up episode.
let the next one come :3
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Sep 4, 2014 1:10 PM

Sep 2013
pakoko said:

Haha no problem man, you're good. You're right that the show hasn't done much else to portray Five in a different light. I've just been seeing a lot of people (besides you) complaining about Five being 1-dimensional without really giving her a chance. Sorry if it sounded like I was taking it out on you. Yeah there's still 3 more episodes so we'll see how Watanabe pulls this off... or not.

As for the show not really explaining anything, that's just how the show decided to tell its story. It's really up to the viewers to deduce background information by paying close attention to the anime (like how I deduced that Five seems to be suffering from withdrawal symptoms of a drug possibly administered during the Athena plan).

The show will never resort to info dump unless it REALLY has to, that I can guarantee. If you take Aldnoah.Zero for example, do you remember Inaho talking to himself weirdly about how he beat a Vers Kataphrakt? There are many instances in that show that outright reveals background info through dialogue, but ZnT relies more on giving "hints" throughout.

I don't have a problem with that kind of storytelling when it is necessary. My question more so is what is the point of keeping this info a secret until the end? Keeping information such as the MC's motives away until the end seems really odd to me, I can't cheer for them because I don't know if they are good guys or not, all I have to go off of is they blow up buildings so I don't cheer for them. Then they are up against the evil government people, whom again, don't know why they are doing what they are doing so I cannot cheer for them either, I just see them as bad people as well. I am not asking them to spell it out for me, I am more so just asking for the basics here. Who are they and what do they want? Not saying I necessarily need the answers of both sides, but 1 side at least. Those questions let me feel immersed in the characters, either for or against them. It gives me a reason to follow them. Finding out why they are doing everything is fine but if it takes the entire series for me to start having a view of them, then that kind of fails doesn't it?

Giving hints throughout is okay, leaving out information that would benefit the immersion of a story just so it can have a different form of storytelling is not. I guess that's just my interpretation of it is all. I'll wait and see what exactly it was that they are keeping from us, but if it isn't something that truly needed to be kept a secret, then there was no point to keeping it a secret in the first place and only damaged my enjoyment of the show overall and stopped us from getting insight into the characters at an earlier stage and thus preventing us from getting to know them as MC's until the very end where it doesn't matter anymore.

I mean... Can you honestly say you are truly cheering for these guys? Or at the very least have some sort of idea of what you think of them? What happens if they win? We don't know. What happens if they lose? We don't know and we won't know until near the end of the series where there is little need for immersion anymore. That would be okay if they let us know that the characters don't know either(Like if they were forced to work towards something but didn't know what it was), but they do know.

Idunno, what do you think? This is the main issue I had with the show throughout. I'd like to get your view on it.
KetenSep 4, 2014 1:14 PM
Sep 4, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
Not really the best episode. It could've been a lot better.

3/5
Sep 4, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2011
Its going down next episode 12 vs 5 but watch 9 come and save Lisa. And Nine is the same one who hates Lisa with a passion. He views her like Sakura from Naruto just useless.
Sep 4, 2014 1:28 PM

Aug 2009
Hmm so much to say but I'll be brief. This anime is definitely not turning out the way I thought it would.
I do not like Lisa's character at all. I'm still waiting on her relevance to this day. I fail to understand why Twelve has such a bond with her. I feel that they truly didn't spend that much time together and he has less emotions regarding your average person. But I digress I could somehow come to some form of friendship recognition but not enough to go full-throttle into a trap for. Yes it's sad and utterly terrible she is caught up in this mess, but if you know Fives end game is to get Twelve and Nine then why give her that leisure? I'm not really liking where the plot is headed at this point. The only scenes I am quite intrigued by are the informative ones about the academy with Shibazaki :/

Sep 4, 2014 1:36 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty sure Shibazaki is gonna die
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Sep 4, 2014 1:38 PM
Oct 2012
ButNotForMe said:

?
Sep 4, 2014 1:43 PM

Jan 2008
While I was watching this episode, I got a thought, that I'd probably enjoyed this show much more, if it was a male-only story ('terrorists' vs. police forces).

Five is a pure cliche of a bad character and Lisa so far has done nothing, that would make me care about her future, so each time they are on the screen I feel like skipping few minutes.

Tho I'm still hoping for some big twist/surprise, that will change my opinion about this series.
-
Sep 4, 2014 1:45 PM

Oct 2013
Man Lisa. Wat u trying to do? She's making everything worse when she tries to make it better
Sep 4, 2014 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
So seems like Twelve wasn't that much invested in this whole bombing thing and I think he likes Lisa because they both want basically the same thing: normal life, normal family. At least that's how I see it because otherwise I can't explain why would he do something so reckless as run away from Nine, especially with that look and tone "Please don't go." Ugh, well I would freeze (or melt) on the spot.
I like the detectives, I have a crazy wish that somehow Shibazaki and Nine will get together and bury Five under that falling bridge of hers.
Wait, was that POCKY?

Sep 4, 2014 1:51 PM
May 2014
looks like I have a reason to look towards 9/11 this year. Episode 9 will either make or break the show (no in-betweens) and all the hype surrounding it. Don't disappoint us! I have faith.
Sep 4, 2014 1:56 PM

May 2012
lots of things im really curious to know..

Sep 4, 2014 2:12 PM
Apr 2014
Keten said:

I don't have a problem with that kind of storytelling when it is necessary. My question more so is what is the point of keeping this info a secret until the end? Keeping information such as the MC's motives away until the end seems really odd to me, I can't cheer for them because I don't know if they are good guys or not, all I have to go off of is they blow up buildings so I don't cheer for them. Then they are up against the evil government people, whom again, don't know why they are doing what they are doing so I cannot cheer for them either, I just see them as bad people as well. I am not asking them to spell it out for me, I am more so just asking for the basics here. Who are they and what do they want? Not saying I necessarily need the answers of both sides, but 1 side at least. Those questions let me feel immersed in the characters, either for or against them. It gives me a reason to follow them. Finding out why they are doing everything is fine but if it takes the entire series for me to start having a view of them, then that kind of fails doesn't it?

Giving hints throughout is okay, leaving out information that would benefit the immersion of a story just so it can have a different form of storytelling is not. I guess that's just my interpretation of it is all. I'll wait and see what exactly it was that they are keeping from us, but if it isn't something that truly needed to be kept a secret, then there was no point to keeping it a secret in the first place and only damaged my enjoyment of the show overall and stopped us from getting insight into the characters at an earlier stage and thus preventing us from getting to know them as MC's until the very end where it doesn't matter anymore.

I mean... Can you honestly say you are truly cheering for these guys? Or at the very least have some sort of idea of what you think of them? What happens if they win? We don't know. What happens if they lose? We don't know and we won't know until near the end of the series where there is little need for immersion anymore. That would be okay if they let us know that the characters don't know either(Like if they were forced to work towards something but didn't know what it was), but they do know.

Idunno, what do you think? This is the main issue I had with the show throughout. I'd like to get your view on it.

I think that is what makes this anime special. I mean it is like in the real life.
The media can tell you anything. People can do or say anything.
Sometimes one understands people only after knowing more and more. It needs time and deep thought. Real empathy and real concern needs time and thought.
This anime tells us that we have to think all the time to get to know the truth.

In reality if we are told that those are the bad ones, I mean do we really know the truth who is on the right and wrong side? Or have we to think and not just to believe what is told to us?

That is I think the message I get and that is possibly one of the reasons why we do not know from the very beginning the truth even just about one side. So many things can always be hidden. Do we really know ever alone one side completely?
Sep 4, 2014 2:13 PM

Jun 2013
Keten said:

Incoming long response

Sep 4, 2014 2:14 PM
Apr 2014
ButNotForMe said:

nooo. Why so sure?
Sep 4, 2014 2:22 PM
Apr 2014
Tankjan said:
While I was watching this episode, I got a thought, that I'd probably enjoyed this show much more, if it was a male-only story ('terrorists' vs. police forces).

Five is a pure cliche of a bad character and Lisa so far has done nothing, that would make me care about her future, so each time they are on the screen I feel like skipping few minutes.

Tho I'm still hoping for some big twist/surprise, that will change my opinion about this series.

this is no reason to let it be a "male-only-story"! Ever thought about putting or changing characters? To put intelligent strong women in a story with character who are no fan-service but a real female main characters? Really do not generalize! And I think Lisa is a very nice and good character! I mean really if we could find more women and men like Lisa in this world, we would have more nice people in this world. I think Lisa is strong and the next episodes will show. I just have a feeling.

No I think nothing is cliche. People seeing things as cliche make things cliche. Not in this anime. There is more to five as to every character even if we just get to know it at the end.
Sep 4, 2014 2:51 PM
Oct 2012
This show is disappointing me more and more. Don't know how they can finish it off well in the next three episodes. Either another 11 episodes or this is Watanabe's worst work in recent memory.
Sep 4, 2014 3:19 PM
Mar 2014
Five is the most annoying and garbage antagonist.
This show would be much better without her.

Shibazaki might as well have become the protagonist because I'm rooting for his group way more than Nine and Twelve
Sep 4, 2014 3:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Baka Lisa

This episode was okay....Still kinda boring and felt like more set up...The 9/11 episode better not disappoint
Sep 4, 2014 3:43 PM
Jul 2013
inb4 new char
Sep 4, 2014 3:48 PM
Jul 2014
people have given this show a 9 or 10 already? really?
Sep 4, 2014 3:49 PM

Sep 2013
pakoko said:

Incoming long response

I will put my post in spoilers too then. lol Even if it isn't as long.
Sep 4, 2014 3:53 PM

Mar 2014
I feel like at this point, Lisa's existence only serves to interfere and mess up 9 and 12. Perhaps her entire character is just for this one purpose and to cause discord between 9 and 12. I do wonder how this show will end...... hopefully 9 and 12 don't end up being martyrs in order to expose the government's cover up of the Athena Project.
Sep 4, 2014 3:56 PM

Aug 2009
GDI LISA... IM TIRED OF THIS DAMSEL IN DISTRESS SHIT
Sep 4, 2014 4:04 PM

Oct 2012
Lisa is always giving them problems, right? So far she is just burden, yet Twelve had already fallen for her. Are those feelings something that was forbidden for them? And what was that sentence that they don't have time? Those headaches? Are they actually die without proper medication?

Anyway, lot of explanations this time. Are they going to catch Twelve running into that trap? But even that I think Nine will try to activate that bomb soon.

And detective's daughter was confirmed to be someone else, not Lisa. At least they are trying to not be so obvious and I like that.
Sep 4, 2014 4:18 PM
Nov 2008
pakoko said:
Even if Lisa hadn't answered the door, the bomb would have gone off anyway because the man probably would have left the bomb in front of the door.

Would he? I don't know how postal service works in other countries like Japan, but in mine the guy would leave information, that he tried to deliver the package, but didn't get to meet addressee. He would take the package with him (not leave it, so any random person can pick it up) to the post office or company he works in. That means - her stupidity might! have saved his life.
ArwSep 7, 2014 5:09 PM
Sep 4, 2014 4:35 PM

Jan 2014
This calls it, after going through God knows what experiments, these guys got themselves a limited lifespan and because of that, Nine and Twelve are doing what they are doing. I dunno why they want to use Plutonium though since so far they haven't killed nobody.

Five is also on her limit and wants to settle the score before that happens.
Sep 4, 2014 4:42 PM

Jun 2013
slow episode twelve is having cold feet and stupid Lisa getting caught by five
Sep 4, 2014 4:55 PM
Oct 2012
Someone said that the action involving Lisa was intentional on running away. She had Camera's up to monitor her when she leaves after the bomb was planted. Thinking ahead and knowing the destruction of that home would lead to tension and such actions passing. I really hope this show gives us more meanings near the last three episodes that we may dissection a rerun, that is, if it doesn't go to shit.
Sep 4, 2014 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
Arw said:

Would he? I don't know how postal service works in other countries like Japan, but in mine the guy would leave information, that he tried to deliver the package, but didn't get to meet addressee. He would take the package with him (not leave it, so any random person can pick it up) to the post office or company he works in. That means - her stupidity might! have saved his life.

Lol that was my worst nightmare in college. However, even in the US where I live, as long as they had access they dropped off the packages in front of my door (unless I post something telling them to drop it off somewhere else). Certain companies definitely don't even bother (companies called UPS or Fedex), but others do leave it in front.

More importantly, the focus should not be on whether she accepted the package or not, but what she did in response. Instead of throwing the bomb off the veranda or something, she decided to escape the building to avoid killing anyone.
Sep 4, 2014 5:40 PM

Mar 2013
Lisa is a fucking drag. Again she hinders the boys plans.
Twelve is a big idiot.
Sep 4, 2014 5:43 PM

Jun 2013
Keten said:

I will put my post in spoilers too then. lol Even if it isn't as long.

Lol spoiler wars!
Sep 4, 2014 5:53 PM

Mar 2012
Lisa logic: leaves them to not cause any more problems.
What happens: causes even more problems.

Good job Lisa, good job.

Awesome episode as always. I feel like the animation could be better, sometimes it seems too low quality.
Sep 4, 2014 6:11 PM

Sep 2014
What is the name of the song that plays right after the OP in this episode?
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Sep 4, 2014 6:23 PM

Oct 2013
Shibazaki could have 2 daughters you know..
"Burn the heretics"
Sep 4, 2014 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
Twelve wants to make babies with Lisa :P No one touches his waifu. Between his waifu and his best friend...Nine just got owned...lol.
Anyway everyone is hating on Lisa again but honestly even with her brainless attitude of running away (duhhhhh =_=) I still like her much, much more than Five. Five has no respect for human lives at all and that pisses me off.

Go Shibazaaaaakiiii!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 4, 2014 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
LISSAAAA :''( <3

Once again a great episode with a good lead up to the next but..

God please don't let Lisa be the first major death, as i can see one approaching.
PLEASE NOT LISA
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Sep 4, 2014 7:03 PM

Dec 2010
This episode definitely set up the remaining three episodes....Many great moments here. The character development achieved in such a short time is quite astounding...The Nine/Twelve combo finally seems to be falling apart, and the (former) detectives are getting ever closer to revealing the truth. And that plutonium...
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Sep 4, 2014 7:05 PM

Feb 2014
The situation become quite a messed up. I still don't know what exactly Sphinx motivation though.

And Lisa, please stop become a burden. She even stay a burden even when she attempting to not become a burden anymore. That was so stupid.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.