Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2014 5:38 PM

May 2014
Urek said:
Chrisbox said:
Really starting to like the story, but 2 episodes left....and manga bores me. I really reallllly hope this gets redone by another studio or something, it could easily be my favorite.

boy, did you read post chapter 63?

come back again after you have finished aogiri arc.

You don't understand, i'm not saying the Tokyo ghoul manga bores me or the story bores me. I'm saying manga in general I just literally can't read it. I need a soundtrack and animations or my attention just gets lost entirely.

That's why I'm hoping this gets redone, because from what I gather from everyone on here this story is crazy and the anime skips a ton of it.
Sep 4, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2011
I don't really see what everyone's complaining about ... this is why I don't read manga before I watch the series. The manga is always better, just like the book is always better than the movie. I'm looking forward to seeing how they wrap things up, and whether they leave it open to a second cour.
Sep 4, 2014 6:07 PM

Aug 2013
Erggg, those sound. Kaneki getting beatan the fuck out of him was sooooo brutal. Damn.
That Jason is just plain creepy. With that other guy... I don't wanna know what kind of kinky thing they'll do to Ken :S

It look like everyone gathered in the 20th. I think their peaceful life will go apeshit.
Angry Touka at the end was cute :3

I was wrong about the kid. I really though he was the other one-eyed. It look like he's a Mado 2.0.

That ending with the gourmet was just perfect. I really didn't expected him xD
That Banjo wasn't as I expected him though :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 4, 2014 6:10 PM

Jun 2013
Manga > Anime

^ these are my thoughts as I watch an episode of this every week
Sep 4, 2014 6:12 PM

Aug 2014
Well, i got to see more of Jason, so i can't complain. I'm betting Kaneki had at least a minor migraine after the bashing he took. Banjo was funny, thinking Kaneki x Rize happened.

Hope the humans bring something to the table as well, still don't understand how they will match the ghouls, but it seems like everyone's going to the 11th Ward.

Seriously though, that Nico guy is simply... grotesque. It's appearances like these that give me nightmares. I hope he gets killed off soon, and the perfect candidate for that is almost born...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 4, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2012
minomi said:
To be honest, this episode was a little confusing...

to put it lightly.

I know I should have expected this, but this adaption is going so badly... erg

For those who haven't read the manga, Kaneki actually knocked Banjou out with a kick and a punch(if I remember correctly, either way kaneki did it). and don't worry, his shining moment is coming... even if I have to look away for a few minutes before it happens ;_;
Sep 4, 2014 6:21 PM
Feb 2014
Finally no more censorship? Much better honestly.
~~~
Sep 4, 2014 6:23 PM

Dec 2012
TragicGenocider said:
So.... how weak was the guy that got knocked out just from Kaneki's little accident headbutt?

in the manga it wasn't an accident -_- and Kaneki put a lot of force into his hits.

Banjou himself can take a beating though.
Manga spoilers below
[spoiler]
Banjou can't use his kagune and he hasn't really been taught how to fight
Sep 4, 2014 6:36 PM

Oct 2013
This episode made me cringe despite the fact that I've read the manga, poor Kaneki. Jason makes me uncomfortable .__.

I hope they end it at a cliffhanger, that would be awesome :3
Sep 4, 2014 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
Well dang those guys rolled into the coffee shop and gave Kaneki the smack down. and now the rescue party is being sent after him.

Great episode!!!
Sep 4, 2014 7:08 PM

May 2014
What a wonderful army.
Sep 4, 2014 7:21 PM

Jun 2013
Jason really has good "presence". That background music and the knuckle cracking and how he is portrayed... looking forward to a bit more of him even though his scenes, especially in this episode, make me cringe.
Sep 4, 2014 7:25 PM

Aug 2007
Not bad at all. Surprised the pacing was actually slow. Man Jason's toture to Kaneki was over the top there. I was about to cringe. Well good thing Gourment is back this is going to get good.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 4, 2014 7:29 PM

Apr 2011
I feel like it's going to be a two cour/split cour. Why do I think so?

1)They can't fully finish adapting the Aogiri Arc in two eps.
2)They introduced Akira early, who doesn't become important till AFTER the Aogiri Arc.
4)In the PV trailer, it showed Kaneki owning Jason, which I don't think will be adapted in the next two eps.
4)There has been a good boost in sales of the manga.

Also I think they can end it with a BAM on Kaneki's "BOKU WA GHOUL" part, it would be the perfect cliffhanger for the next cour :3
Sep 4, 2014 7:33 PM

May 2013
Y'know, it's kinda weird seeing Banjou say that Kaneki is strong when he just accidentally knocks him over with his head. Strange and pointless change imo.

Kaneki seems awfully weak in the anime and I seriously wonder if they'll change

And they decided to put in some anime original scene with Yamori beating Kaneki up like a punching bag (I think the anime seriously hates Kaneki since they did that with Amon vs Kaneki too...). It makes sense and connects with what happens later but ehh for some reason I felt meh about it. The gore feels like it's been toned up in the anime for some reason. Like Kaneki just stabs Nishiki once and not over 9000 times. There's an anime original scene at the beginning of the first episode with Rize ripping people's guts out (why did they show her butt naked anyways? ._.). And now this.

A lot of Juuzo's introduction was skipped but I'm not surprised at this point.

Amore~ Tsukiyama returns lol

After watching the first episode of the anime, I was just going to read the first 6 chapters since I heard it was semi rushed but then I kinda read the whole thing. Gonna have to say I'm glad I did though...

ninjastarforcex said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

I guess he doesn't understand that Jason would've fucked up anyone in that shop just like Kaneki.. Oh and Kaneki did try to fight back.. Obviously to no avail

except irimi and the demon ape are stronger than yamori....

Except that they weren't very busy so Irimi and Devil Ape probably went home already.

Meldoy said:
I feel like it's going to be a two cour/split cour. Why do I think so?

1)They can't fully finish adapting the Aogiri Arc in two eps.
2)They introduced Akira early, who doesn't become important till AFTER the Aogiri Arc.

4)There has been a good boost in sales of the manga.

Also I think they can end it with a BAM on Kaneki's "BOKU WA GHOUL" part, it would be the perfect cliffhanger for the next cour :3

Might wanna spoiler tag the 3rd one but I agree with you. They'll probably end it there or after
With the pacing they're going at right now, it seems pretty impossible that they'll end this arc in 12 episodes and Akira's appearance last episode was already a sign of a second cour or season. Mixed feelings about this but it's better than rushing this arc I suppose and the pacing has been better lately. I personally don't know how much the anime has boosted the manga sales but the manga was already fairly popular before the anime came out. It was ranked in the 20's I believe.
UrcanpySep 4, 2014 7:42 PM
Sep 4, 2014 7:37 PM

Mar 2009
after last week's slow-paced episode, I was glad to see some action.
I don't see this ending in 2 episodes, but we'll find out in 2 weeks.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Sep 4, 2014 7:50 PM

Sep 2013
Good episode aside from the fact THEY SKIPPED THE EAR DRUM SCENE I am not happy, that was one of my favorite scenes

That extra ken beat down by Yamori was good XD
Season 2? I don't see them doing everything maybe a big cliffhanger :O
Sep 4, 2014 8:17 PM

Dec 2011
The scene in Anteiku happened so fast... I seriously can't wait... I think the white hair Kaneki is bound to happen.

And I thought the Gourmet died already... but he is alive.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2014 8:32 PM

Jan 2013
This show is a crambled egg
Sep 4, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2012
razorwire said:
Jason really has good "presence". That background music and the knuckle cracking and how he is portrayed... looking forward to a bit more of him even though his scenes, especially in this episode, make me cringe.

trust me, you're going to be seeing a lot more of him and if what he did in this episode made you cringe then you're in for a nice surprise later on :3
ad stellas super alas angeli.

Sep 4, 2014 8:42 PM

Mar 2014
oh shit I'm feelin a 3 way war about to start

these next episodes are gonna be filled with fights
Sep 4, 2014 8:46 PM

May 2012
04:31 she's his gf, that's why

10:33 LOOOL

10:54 dat Beeburr

12:02 "stand or sleep"

14:29 danged M

15:#0 Frankenjuzo?

16:22 lolwut a boy?

22:08 Hououin Kyoumaっ!

6/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 4, 2014 8:55 PM

May 2013
I was empathizing Ken when he is beaten by Yamori. I don't want that.

Hello again, Tsukiyama. NO KIDDING.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 4, 2014 8:55 PM
Oct 2013
Wow only 2 episodes left.

Let just get this over with and this series deserves a remake like FMA.

Anyone else felt that Jason scene beating Kaneki up is our

I dont care if they skipped some battles as long as Kaneki's
or else people will think that this is a shitty series.

You can't blame us manga readers for complaining because they ruined this great series but some of us still watch hoping it could get better.
TyrelSep 4, 2014 9:47 PM
Sep 4, 2014 9:20 PM
Nov 2013
Damn, Anteiku got their asses handed to them. Can't wait to see them rescue Kaneki.
Sep 4, 2014 9:32 PM

Aug 2013
If they leave it on a cliffhanger...
My Candies:
Sep 4, 2014 9:33 PM

Aug 2014
Boring, just like last week.
I liked Suzuya, pretty good voice acting there.

The fight scene in the coffee shop was perhaps the worst in the entire anime. Zero tension.

I'll probably check the manga when the show ends, maybe it's one of those cases like Deadman Wonderland where the anime is average at best but the manga kicks ass. For now Tokyo Ghoul makes the anime adaptation of DW look perfect, tho.
Sep 4, 2014 9:50 PM
Mar 2014
Ayato has two wings! Wonder if Touka gets another wing if she's powered up / actually fed.

Kaneki's grown a lot stronger too! I guess he'll obviously live, but at what cost will it take to get them back?
RaroSep 4, 2014 10:03 PM
Sep 4, 2014 10:01 PM
Mar 2014
Suzuya is crazy. Interested to see more of him.
Would also like to learn more about Touka's past.

Himori stepping up, I like it :D
"Best Friend Kaneki" hahaha. He'll actually be a valuable asset to their team though.

Don't know if they'll be able to wrap all of this up in two episodes though. Guess I'll start the manga once this season ends.
RaroSep 4, 2014 10:05 PM
Sep 4, 2014 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
Kaneki always has to be on the receiving end of a beat down huh? :/

"NO KIDDING" haha. Got a good laugh from Tsukiyama.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 4, 2014 11:10 PM

Mar 2012
Hah, Light is back. And now he's purple.
Sep 4, 2014 11:19 PM

Apr 2014
Damn that censoring!
Sep 4, 2014 11:36 PM

Jan 2014
Jason beating up Kaneki was kinda boring -.-
Other than that, the episode was not bad...
And at first I thought Juuzou was a ghoul...xD
But he looks kinda creepy and kinda cool. ^-^
Sep 4, 2014 11:50 PM

Aug 2013
This episode probably had the best pacing since episode 1, but that doesn't mean dick when their are only 2 episodes left and the rest is going to be SEVERELY rushed.

Honestly, I cant even fathom how in 2 episodes they're going to fit in:

I honestly don't see it happening. Cliffhanger or not, there's no way this isn't going to be more butchered than all other episodes combined. It's honestly a real shame because it's not like Studio Pierrot wasn't given masterpiece source material to work with. Literally all they had to do was animate it and color in the lines.

If I'm being honest I'd rather take the rushed arc, since if this awful adaptation sees a sequel, it wont be a second cour it'll be second season entirely. Which means it wouldn't be out for like a year + probably. There's no good spot to leave it at a cliffhanger for that long.

Barion-Zara said:
Dat ending XD "Amore" lol and he thinks Kaneki is his best friend ROFL

Good ep. I'm liking how they're not rushing anything that much. Ofc this means we won't get to the absolutely epic parts but as long as it's being adapted quite well I don't mind a cliffhanger end :3

not rushing anything? We must not be watching the same show then.

MarikGr said:
i sense a "Mahou sensou" ending :|

fucking Christ please no. goddamn.
Sep 4, 2014 11:52 PM
Oct 2012
Some parts of this episode were nice.. Other parts were just.. What..
Jason bashing Kaneki up just dragged on and on... It was insane.. The blood splatters and everything, and yet Kaneki is in one piece. Wtf.
But that scene where Ayato and Touka fought looked awesome.
Also Banjou was way more of a dick than the manga when he first appeared. Which is kind of unessesary.
Tsukiyama though, his "no kidding" made me crack up.
Sep 5, 2014 12:34 AM

Dec 2013
At least for this episode, I felt that they didn't stray from the manga too much. They did take out the part where Juuzou killed the ghouls (the ones he called pigs), which was a little sad. But yeah, like everyone else, I'm a little worried about how they might end the arc. Overall, this episode was hopeful, but we'll see how they proceed.
Sep 5, 2014 12:47 AM
Mar 2014
Coralira said:
Jason bashing Kaneki up just dragged on and on... It was insane.. The blood splatters and everything, and yet Kaneki is in one piece. Wtf.
Also Banjou was way more of a dick than the manga when he first appeared. Which is kind of unessesary.

Yeah, I agree with that being weird. He was getting so injured, but didn't really look like it.

Banjou seems alright. Haven't read the manga, but he wasn't that bad.
Sep 5, 2014 1:34 AM

Mar 2014
Good episode. They covered a bunch of things but it didn't feel fast-paced.

aaand Tsukiyama is back :D
Sep 5, 2014 2:20 AM

Jan 2011
Just 2 more episodes left! Wtf!
I hope it has a second season D:

Sep 5, 2014 2:26 AM

Feb 2014
No kidding.
Sep 5, 2014 2:33 AM

Jul 2012
Everything was fine except... WTF was that knockout? I mean just a headbutt "accidently" to banjo. Manga version was waaay better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2014 2:42 AM

Oct 2013
So, within 10 episodes they have already cover up to 50's chapter
No wonder this adaptation is so shitty
"Burn the heretics"
Sep 5, 2014 2:50 AM

Jul 2013
What's the OST's name in the end when Touka and the others refuse to stay inactive and decide to help Kaneki?
"I'll become Hokage, and find One Piece... so that can kill all the Titans."
-- Guts Freecss
Sep 5, 2014 2:57 AM

Apr 2014
Raro said:
Coralira said:

Yeah, I agree with that being weird. He was getting so injured, but didn't really look like it.

Banjou seems alright. Haven't read the manga, but he wasn't that bad.

Sep 5, 2014 3:04 AM

May 2013
johnny_g said:
What's the OST's name in the end when Touka and the others refuse to stay inactive and decide to help Kaneki?

Don't know if it has a name but it's a OST by Yutaka Yamada. You should find it if you search something like Tokyo Ghoul OST and it's not the one called Symphony

Brxck said:
No kidding.

I'm feeling some deja vu right now...

"Move!"
UrcanpySep 5, 2014 3:09 AM
Sep 5, 2014 6:36 AM

May 2011
final part was best. though this is starting to feel heavily shounen-esque.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Sep 5, 2014 6:52 AM
Jan 2014
Urek said:
i am seriously worried how they are going to end this arc...
seriously, either it will be rushed as fk, completly ruining it, or it will end at one of the biggest cliffhanger ever...

I would prefer the latter...I would hate it if they rush this epic arc..

Am I too much of a dreamer to hope for extra EPs? >.<

It all ends when the higurashi cry.

Sep 5, 2014 7:19 AM
Mar 2014
Toaki90 said:
So, within 10 episodes they have already cover up to 50's chapter
No wonder this adaptation is so shitty

Wow, now I can understand the complaints. Definitely am going to have to start reading the Manga from the beginning after this series ends.
Sep 5, 2014 7:46 AM

Mar 2014
Gourmet is back

I've been wondering where is he !!?
Sep 5, 2014 7:47 AM

May 2013
What was done to Kaneki was the definition of brutal. Aogiri tree might have some plans for Kaneki since he reminds them of Rize. That Tsukiyama weirdo returned, surprisingly.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.