Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2014 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First few minutes felt kinda slow but they got to the attack pretty fast later.

Jason made his appearance and I find his personality to be sadistic. Poor Kaneki ;_;. Poor Touka as well....
The second half felt more or less like a build up again. Oh great, Gourmet is back. Can't say I'm surprised though.
Sep 4, 2014 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
Sep 4, 2014 8:32 AM

Jul 2014
This episode is hella slow. Jason's torture moment felt boring for me. -.-

With two episodes left, I wonder how will they end this.
Sep 4, 2014 8:35 AM

Jul 2013
i am seriously worried how they are going to end this arc...
seriously, either it will be rushed as fk, completly ruining it, or it will end at one of the biggest cliffhanger ever...

well, even if i knew that gourmet was going in, i still loled at him yelling "amore"... that was kinda funny ^_^
UrekSep 4, 2014 10:06 AM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 4, 2014 8:37 AM

Nov 2012
what... just 2 episode left??? how??????
cliffhanger end plss, dont want super rushed :(
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 4, 2014 9:39 AM

May 2013
Damn Kaneki took a beating from Jason. Tsukiyama is back lol.
Sep 4, 2014 9:41 AM

Aug 2010
Dat ending XD "Amore" lol and he thinks Kaneki is his best friend ROFL

Good ep. I'm liking how they're not rushing anything that much. Ofc this means we won't get to the absolutely epic parts but as long as it's being adapted quite well I don't mind a cliffhanger end :3

I cringed so hard at Kaneki getting his face pulverized O_O! That gotta friggin HURT!! DAMN!!! >~< JASON U F***N Sadistic BASTARD!! XD That scene wasn't even in the manga O_o?! Loved it though ^^;

Suzuya is crazy as always :D Loved how he just went into the meeting all nonchalantly and politely like that XD

I wonder how much they'll cover nxt ep?
Barion-ZaraSep 4, 2014 9:51 AM
Sep 4, 2014 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Kaneki got owned by Jason so badly.

Gourmet is back.
Sep 4, 2014 9:48 AM

Feb 2014
i sense a "Mahou sensou" ending :|
Sep 4, 2014 9:53 AM

Nov 2012
hahahaha i laugh when tsukiyama come in and spouting random english words XD

and btw you think what yamori did to kaneki is cruel and painful? well, prepare yourself...
Sep 4, 2014 9:55 AM

Dec 2011
There was absolutely no tension in this episode. Action scenes were boring.
And I hope that Kaneki's torture won't be replaced by that petty scene where Kaneki took a beating from Yamori. Yeah. But I feel that the ending will be rushed as hell.
Sep 4, 2014 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
Maya24 said:

I'm sorry to tell you that wasn't even close of a torture ...

This episode was really good .
Sep 4, 2014 9:59 AM
Jan 2014
It seems like they keep using those slimmed-down flashbacks inappropriately.

On a side note, I didn't even know that Eto was a female ghoul. I was just as surprised as I was with Jiro.

I guess KugiRie's voice was a perfect match for Suzuya.

Yamori freaked me out even more in the anime.

ninjastarforcex said:

Urek said:
seriously, either it will be rushed as fk, completly ruining it, or it will end at one of the biggest cliffhanger ever...

Maya24 said:

How can people still be surprised that this is rushed as hell. It was pretty obvious since the beginning.
I think they will wrap up the entire Aogiri Tree arc in the 2 remaining episodes, judging by the pace. The adaptation is pretty decayed as it is now, due to terrible pacing.
Sep 4, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2012
-Resident- said:

I think it's pretty obvious that they will wrap up the entire Aogiri Tree arc in the 2 remaining episodes, judging by the pace. The adaptation is pretty decayed as it is now, due to terrible pacing.

but i find the pacing from vs amon and mado onwards were good.
just a little hope...
because there are too many things going on after this episode...
maybe they would end it like fate/zero season 1...
or maybe not...
Sep 4, 2014 10:06 AM

Dec 2010
-Resident- said:
It seems like they keep using those slimmed-down flashbacks inappropriately.

On a side note, I didn't even know that Eto was a female ghoul. I was just as surprised as I was with Jiro.

I guess KugiRie's voice was a perfect match for Suzuya.

Yamori freaked me out even more in the anime.

ninjastarforcex said:

Urek said:

Maya24 said:

How can people still be surprised that this is rushed as hell. It was pretty obvious since the beginning.
I think they will wrap up the entire Aogiri Tree arc in the 2 remaining episodes, judging by the pace. The adaptation is pretty decayed as it is now, due to terrible pacing.
I honestly think they will end it with a cliffhanger, I still see a 2nd cour happening.
Sep 4, 2014 10:08 AM

Jul 2013
well, i rather have a cliffhanger than a ruined aogiri arc.

this is the first serious arc, where everything gets real
current LN reading:
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 4, 2014 10:08 AM
Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
-Resident- said:

I think it's pretty obvious that they will wrap up the entire Aogiri Tree arc in the 2 remaining episodes, judging by the pace. The adaptation is pretty decayed as it is now, due to terrible pacing.

but i find the pacing from vs amon and mado onwards were good.
just a little hope...
because there are too many things going on after this episode...
maybe they would end it like fate/zero season 1...
or maybe not...

I guess that was the most decent part, if you don't mind the rearrangement. I really wanted a faithful adaptation with proper pacing.

To be honest though, that does seem like a possibility. I don't think it will be split-cour, but maybe they will make a second season in the near future. Since the PV had a scene from the most recent arc in the manga. But that could be just rearrangement or inappropriate use of footage, as shown in previous episodes as well as this one.
Sep 4, 2014 10:09 AM

Aug 2014
This just feels like an incoherent mess. I'm not sure how we got from point A to point B. What are the chances of all those factions showing up at the exact same time?
Sep 4, 2014 10:11 AM

Feb 2014
I don't know why are they doing this. They wasted potential of this anime so fucking much... I am glad now that i decided to read manga. Amore
"we're already the walking dead. if there's anything that makes us different from the real dead, there's only one. living and dying isn't the real issue. if you cling to being alive, you become frightened and your eyes get clouded. if you don't have that desire to begin with, you can fight on, right to the end of the world." - Revy
Sep 4, 2014 10:12 AM

Nov 2012
Urek said:
well, i rather have a cliffhanger than a ruined aogiri arc.

this is the first serious arc, where everything gets real

i hope they do cliffhanger, wait for manga sales, and if its high, they would make second cour until the end of current ongoing manga arc
Sep 4, 2014 10:12 AM
Jan 2014
Kamima said:
This just feels like an incoherent mess. I'm not sure how we got from point A to point B. What are the chances of all those factions showing up at the exact same time?

This is the best way to describe it. +1
Sep 4, 2014 10:13 AM

Jul 2013
Kamima said:

you mean the ghouls? well, they just followed banjou, ayato also belongs to the aogiri tree, last episode it was mentioned he was in charge of banjou; and jason was after rise.
current LN reading:
translated here
Sep 4, 2014 10:14 AM

May 2013
Hisoka666 said:
I don't know why are they doing this. They wasted potential of this anime so fucking much... I am glad now that i decided to read manga. Amore

Yeah, exactly. Just by thinking the possibilities this anime has with this story, I am sure it can be better than my favorite anime. The manga is way to different and adds a lot more sense to what's happening. I feel okay about the anime, but it could be way more enjoyable.
Sep 4, 2014 10:26 AM

Feb 2014
I love Gourmet and Ayato so much, I'm happy they are here!
Liked the episode anyways, Kaneki got really beaten, huh.
Sep 4, 2014 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
So they introduced Noro, Tatara, Eto right off the start. Ah too bad they didn't show how Kaneki actually made banjou unconcious. Suzuya's VA is perfect and Yamori was pretty fucked up lol. Can't wait for the torture part. Hah and Tsukiyama is back with a heartbreak

No kidding^^
4/5
Sep 4, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
MarikGr said:
i sense a "Mahou sensou" ending :|

Mahou sensou or brynhildr in the darkness ending.... take ur pick.
Also want to forget that Mahou sensou has been made into an anime.