Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2014 6:47 AM
Jun 2014
What was with this giant flash of light? I didnt get that.

Sep 4, 2014 6:50 AM

Mar 2014
Really want that backstory on Hamura out of everything. It'd be nice to know just what he was doing and where he was while his brother was making a name for himself as the originator of the Shinobi world.
Sep 4, 2014 6:52 AM

Mar 2014
Man_of_Sin said:
Look at Sakura all over Kakashi.

This actually exists.
Sep 4, 2014 6:57 AM

Sep 2013
End of the fighting
Kakashi loses his sharingans (again)
kurama gives naruto the finger
sad stuff about naruto and stuff

all in all pretty good chapter
Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior God Usopp??
Sep 4, 2014 7:02 AM

Apr 2011
Very emotional chapter Naruto having to say goodbye to Minato and our hero is 17 now! I hope he ends up with Hinata because well they were met for each other and not Sakura cause she likes Sasuke.
Overall very good chapter
5/5
Sep 4, 2014 7:05 AM

Oct 2013
That was so sad..
Happy birthday Naruto!
Nice chapter
Sep 4, 2014 7:06 AM
Jul 2013
Sasuke had some pretty interesting facial expressions this chapter... what is he thinking?
Sep 4, 2014 7:07 AM

Jan 2013
link9us said:
But were not done yet. Its the calm before the storm. Don't be fooled you guys by kishimoto's ploy. :p

Considering Kishimoto just loves to 1up himself in M.Night Shyamalan-esque plot twists lately, why the fuck not?
vongola-undecimo said:
-I'm pretty sure Sakura just stated what most of us have been thinking for a while now

-Despite the quality (or lack thereof) of the "final fight" kishi seems to be doing a pretty good job wrapping things up as this was a pretty youching chapter,let's hope the rest of the chapters are like this (or better)
A piece of my brain just shot out of my weiner!- Onodera Punpun
Sep 4, 2014 7:14 AM

Aug 2014
a good chapter unlike what we've been reading for the last couple of weeks ,
i was disappointed with Kaguya's fight , and too bad we didn't get to see Madara go all out
Sep 4, 2014 7:18 AM

Mar 2013
This chapter was so full of feels! That goodbye between Naruto and his dad... T-T
Now I wonder what's next; can't wait, though it will be sad because it's coming to an end, I mean, for how many years has Naruto been with us?! For me it's been at least 9 years!
Sep 4, 2014 7:23 AM

Dec 2011
I guess my assumption is right. Kakashi's Sharingan eye isn't implanted. The powers of Obito's eye was transferred to Kakashi in the similar manner of how Itachi planted a remote Amaterasu that would activate when Sasuke see Tobi(Obito)... although it is on a higher scale... it also relates to ninshuu I guess since it is the art of connecting chakra of people.

There is also the fact that Obito jumped dimensions (still connected through ninshuu) but I guess Obito's eyes only has those powers.

Anyways, it was such a good chapter. I am glad Madara died the way I wanted it too... but I still hate the random placement of Kaguya. Wouldn't be complaining so much if it was foreshadowed way back or we have seen a side of Black Zetsu too.

Still waiting for the fact of how Black Zetsu came to existence.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2014 7:25 AM
Mar 2013
I saw the whole chapter 691 and it is great

It has sakura and kakashi finally meeting the sage of six paths and are amazed by it.

there are heartwarming moments with
Kakashi once again says goodbye to his old and redeemed friend obito before he once again lose the sharigan possible that it is only Obito's sharigan that he just borrowed to help naruto and his friends.

Even Madara who now regained his body again but is about to have few minutes before he dies to once again ask Hashirama if he would forgive him for what he had done since it is all kaguyas and black madaras doing that led to all this and with that Hashirama forgive him before Madara dies for real.

and also Naruto hasto say goodbye to his dad before he and the other hokages once again return to the afterlife since their work here is done and peace has finally returned to shinobi world and he tells him that he will become hokage someday.

The funny parts however has Naruto is glad that Kurama's see him however Kurama is just pretending that he still doesn't like naruto even though it is possible that he is finally nice to him .

And also Naruto just explaining how he is doing and everything quickly to his dad Minato before going to the afterlife so that he would explain about him to his mother kushina .

You know it is a good chapter it has two things that i predicted Madara makes peace with his friend Hashirama before passing away to the after life which is considered as Redemption equals death and also Naruto tearfully says goodbye to his dad before his goes to the afterlife.

By the way minato just say happy birthday to naruto possible that the timeframe of the whole battle takes place on Narutos birthday which also hints to be the 15th birthday of the manga series.

Now all that is left for the next chapter is for team 7 to release many people of the shinobi world from the Infinite tsukiyomi ,Sasuke maybe perhaps makes peace with naruto finally ending the Uzumaki-uchina fued once and for all.

and then maybe two or three chapters we are then reaching to the end maybe october as the rumours predicted and maybe perhaps two chapters which will be time skip has the characters based on their 'The last' counterparts and will have naruto finally become Hokage hoping for a better future which is going to be the end of the whole manga series.

One more thing i think maybe The last movie which is the possibly the epilogue of the manga will take place within the final chapters of the series before naruto finally becomes hokage.
johnknight648Sep 4, 2014 7:51 AM
Sep 4, 2014 7:28 AM

May 2013
It's Naruto's birthday. Got the feels when Minato had to leave :(
Sep 4, 2014 7:28 AM

Nov 2013
link9us said:
wow man, has it been long ass time since we have a heart warming chapter like this. Since there wasn't any action we should expect more dialogue per week. Anyways it seems all of the hokage's are soon going to dissapear. The farewell with minato was just excellent, very emotional.

I can't tell you how happy i am as a naruto fan that, that kaguya bitch is finally put to rest lol. and this war has finally ended. Alot of people were speculating rather or not madara would return as a good guy or an evil villain again. Well it looks to me that might not be the case which in all honestly, i wouldn't want that anyways. Lets end this battle already! Having madara come back as an evil villain would just prolonge the war even more for no apparent reason.

But were not done yet. Its the calm before the storm. Don't be fooled you guys by kishimoto's ploy. :p

You didn't notice that 10 tailed beasts came out of the Gedo Mazo, not 9. One was a Rabbit and Kaguya was called the rabbit goddess.

Put two and two together.

EDIT: Both of Madara's eyes were white.
Man_of_SinSep 4, 2014 7:38 AM
Sep 4, 2014 7:44 AM

Jan 2014
^You should post this a few more times cause we might forget if you didn't repeat yourself every few posts.

Don't know if it's just me but his posts reek of attention whore.

If there is anything more to come I'd like Orochimaru to be involved and maybe play a bigger role again. Kinda missing that guy and his schemes.
Sep 4, 2014 7:45 AM
Apr 2013
I thought that this would be more emotional.
Sep 4, 2014 7:49 AM

Nov 2013
BeatzMe said:
^You should post this a few more times cause we might forget if you didn't repeat yourself every few posts.

Don't know if it's just me but his posts reek of attention whore.

If there is anything more to come I'd like Orochimaru to be involved and maybe play a bigger role again. Kinda missing that guy and his schemes.

Not attention whoring at all. I wouldn't have posted that if link9us had not posted what posted.
Sep 4, 2014 7:51 AM

Apr 2014
an okay chapter (idk how to react when i first saw the title of the chap "Congratulations" - i was like ehhh)

same thing, nothing really happen except for the farewells. I expect for the next one to be good.. Sasuke got something in his uchiha mind lol
Sep 4, 2014 7:52 AM

Nov 2013
danae17 said:
Man_of_Sin said:
Look at Sakura all over Kakashi.

This actually exists.

Her panties got soak and wet after seeing how he used that Uchiha power.
Sep 4, 2014 7:53 AM

Sep 2011
Sad farewell for Naruto, too many wasted panels on Madara imo. Looks like things will be wrapping up nicely. I'm going to to out on a limb here and say that Kishi will end the manga at an even 700.

I think this chapter, when it's animated, will be even sadder with the OST. The scene with the Popsicle after Jiraya's death is still the saddest god damn thing in this series. Something so simple instantly made me burst into tears. Other good ones are Asuma's last words, Guy supporting Lee after his loss, and Kushina and Naruto's meeting.
FullmetalRaikouSep 4, 2014 8:03 AM
Sep 4, 2014 7:56 AM

Jul 2010
the feels, it's finally starting to kick in again Naruto is really ending soon :(
Sep 4, 2014 7:59 AM

Jan 2014
Fuck you kishi...... This is the end? THIS AWFUL CHAPTER WAS THE END? THEY DEFEAT KAGUYA IN 10 CHAPTERS? KISHI YOU TROLL
My top anime quotes
1. I AM JUSTICE!- l/light (Death Note)
2. IT'S OVER 9000!!!!- Vegeta (dbz)
3. Almighty Push!/ Shinra Tensei!- Pain (Naruto Shippuden)
4. We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen- Rukia (Bleach)
5. I'll take a potato chip.....AND EAT IT!!!!!- Light (Death Note)
6. Art is an explosion - Deidara (Naruto)
7. Shut the fuck up Kakazu - Hidan (Naruto)
8. Bulma, you've lost your balls- Goku (dragonball)
9. "Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!"- Edward Elric (fmab)
Sep 4, 2014 8:01 AM

Dec 2012
This wasn't the end..what the hell is wrong with you..
Sep 4, 2014 8:02 AM

Nov 2013
tsudecimo said:

It’s kind of funny. For this whole stupid arc this plot has been regressing and adding new elements that need to be resolved, yet people act as if we’ve been progressing towards the actual ending of the manga.

I just don’t see it for now.
Sep 4, 2014 8:05 AM

Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:

Other than a huge time-skip or turning this series into a slice-of-life spin-off I can't really see this going into a new arc. It has been a long ride but this really does feel like the conclusion.
Sep 4, 2014 8:08 AM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:

I agree, there are many more things that have to be cleared up. But I don't think there will be another villain in the series (perhaps Orochimaru, but I can't see anyone else).
Sep 4, 2014 8:09 AM

Nov 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
tsudecimo said:

Other than a huge time-skip or turning this series into a slice-of-life spin-off I can't really see this going into a new arc. It has been a long ride but this really does feel like the conclusion.

There are too many questions left unsolved.
Sep 4, 2014 8:10 AM

Sep 2011
Man_of_Sin said:
Fullmetal89 said:

There are too many questions left unsolved.

I'm not saying there wont be more chapters after this, there needs to be an epilogue I agree. I just don't think there will be a whole other big arc after this.
Sep 4, 2014 8:12 AM

Dec 2012
danae17 said:
tsudecimo said:

I agree, there are many more things that have to be cleared up. But I don't think there will be another villain in the series (perhaps Orochimaru, but I can't see anyone else).

There is no need for a new or an old antagonist. There is plenty to work off with regarding the upcoming and inevitable conflict between Naruto and Sasuke.

And seeing Naruto mature even more, before becoming Hokage would be nice.
Sep 4, 2014 8:16 AM

Nov 2013
I wonder what they are going to do about all the lost chakra.
Sep 4, 2014 8:17 AM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:

There is no need for a new or an old antagonist. There is plenty to work off with regarding the upcoming and inevitable conflict between Naruto and Sasuke.

And seeing Naruto mature even more, before becoming Hokage would be nice.

I am really looking forward to this conflict. Just like good old Naruto's episodes before shippuden.
Sep 4, 2014 8:20 AM
Dec 2012
Kind of a cheap chapter all around.
Other than that "happy birthday" part, since I've been expecting that since chapter 540 or so came out. I guess Minatos birthday present was the dark kyuubi or Kishi just forgot.

Madara was a fail if this is really the end and should have stayed dead. Like Minato... Oh wait!
Sep 4, 2014 8:24 AM
Jul 2014
I laughed when Kurama gave Naruto the finger lol hahaha. This is a good chapter, so bittersweet. I always feel like crying when it comes to Naruto and his parents. :<
Sep 4, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2012
Need Zabuza spin-off and Itachi spin-off.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 4, 2014 8:40 AM

Jan 2013
Everyone is getting their closure. Nice of Naruto to follow up on what her mother told him when he was a baby, don't know how he remembered that.
Sep 4, 2014 8:41 AM

Nov 2012
Decent chapter for once. Can't remember the last time I said that about Naruto...
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Sep 4, 2014 8:43 AM

Jun 2013
Better than last week's chapter. That farewell between Naruto and Minato was really nice. Anybody else feels like this will end at the 700th chapter?
Sep 4, 2014 8:45 AM

Nov 2013
It be funny if everyone was already a Zetsu. The God Tree is still around.

Edit: Btw.

Man_of_SinSep 4, 2014 9:06 AM
Sep 4, 2014 9:04 AM

May 2013
That ending! .-.
Sep 4, 2014 9:32 AM

Jul 2013
So kakashi lost his sharingan again... good. now naruto and sasuke need to lose those ridiculous god powers of theirs too. especially naruto's jesus powers...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Sep 4, 2014 9:33 AM

Apr 2013
Holy shit, that was actually a really good chapter. Bravo. After so much shit, its a wonder that he can still make chapters like this. Really liked it.

It's definitely not over yet.

Is it?

...Is it?

Nah.
Sep 4, 2014 9:36 AM

Dec 2012
Tyrantarmy6 said:
especially naruto's jesus powers...

It's not even his.
Sep 4, 2014 9:37 AM

May 2010
Naruto...you...! //SOBS
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 4, 2014 9:46 AM
Jul 2014
ScazoN said:
DeadZeroSource said:
cause it's still obvious Sakura still likes Sasuke...
as a friend.

Sure, just like Naruto! ;)
Sep 4, 2014 9:54 AM

Apr 2013
tsudecimo said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:
especially naruto's jesus powers...

It's not even his.

man kinda wished we would get another fight like the one from the Pain arc. Minus the whole Kyuubi bazooka things, and the cheesy ending.

oh and about the pairings

I would give Naruto a 10 and make it my top rated series if Kishi trolled all the naruxsaku/naruxhin fans etc by pairing him up with tenten or Ino lmao. Or just make him like Jiraiya, except this time, since he's an actual hero, he'll get the booty(s)!
NudeBearSep 4, 2014 9:57 AM
Sep 4, 2014 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
Meh...This wasn't exactly what i was expecting. I wonder why all those "feels" people talk about don't affect me. It wasn't even as sad as Asuma's death and that was to me the saddest scene in this manga maybe tying with Jiraya's death.
To me the chapter felt short and empty, not for the dialogues but just because nothing really important happened, nothing was properly explained and there was too much "I'm sorry" and "good bye". It was still bether than the last chapters though.
So Obito was actually inside Kakashi the whole time? Does that even make sense? Except for the ninshuu that a guy above talked about I can see no explanation to it. And it looks like Sasuke didn't lose his OP eye, still hope he does.
I hope Kishi wasn't expecting us to forgive Madara with that final conversation. Also, that was one of the wrost villain deaths of all time. A villlain as good as Madara should have gone fighting.
Hey look. Everything that happened from chapter 643 to now happened in just a few hours. It's still Naruto's birthday. Hope next chapter is better and properly explore the points that aren't completelly explained as Sasuke's motives Homura's past, Kaguya's intentions and the fae of the ninjas caught in the Infinite Tsukuyomi.
Sep 4, 2014 10:11 AM

May 2012
HominiLupus said:
Meh...This wasn't exactly what i was expecting. I wonder why all those "feels" people talk about don't affect me. It wasn't even as sad as Asuma's death and that was to me the saddest scene in this manga maybe tying with Jiraya's death.
To me the chapter felt short and empty, not for the dialogues but just because nothing really important happened, nothing was properly explained and there was too much "I'm sorry" and "good bye". It was still bether than the last chapters though.
So Obito was actually inside Kakashi the whole time? Does that even make sense? Except for the ninshuu that a guy above talked about I can see no explanation to it. And it looks like Sasuke didn't lose his OP eye, still hope he does.
I hope Kishi wasn't expecting us to forgive Madara with that final conversation. Also, that was one of the wrost villain deaths of all time. A villlain as good as Madara should have gone fighting.
Hey look. Everything that happened from chapter 643 to now happened in just a few hours. It's still Naruto's birthday. Hope next chapter is better and properly explore the points that aren't completelly explained as Sasuke's motives Homura's past, Kaguya's intentions and the fae of the ninjas caught in the Infinite Tsukuyomi.
I didn't feel anything because these people have already died atleast once...
Well I almost did for Madara, it was sad to see him go out like this I wonder if he even realized that his purpose in life was a lie.
Sep 4, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2013
Am I the only one that wants Naruto to end up with Sakura? How can you people think that Naruto is good with Hinata? THey have too different personalities. Hinata is just too shy and Naruto never liked her that much anyway.

And it's obvious that Sakura will probably no longer have same feelings for Sasuke after all these 691 chapters. Or it will be the crappiest writing in the world. It would be just stupid.

Honestly in my opinion, Naruto x Hinata is like 5%.
Sep 4, 2014 10:15 AM

May 2012
karpe321 said:

Kakashi loses his sharingans (again)
r

Don't worry Obijesus will comeback again from afterlife using kamui to help his ass when needed.....
Sep 4, 2014 10:15 AM

Nov 2012
Oh dang! All of those farewells...so sad yet so touching. I was tearing up while reading. Perfect way to end the chapter. :)
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.