Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2014 6:21 PM

Jun 2014
Kuralchemist99 said:
But he can't use them anymore since the power is a Nen ability.

Yeah I was just pointing out the fact that originally about half the troupe were going to end up dying or something like that. Also they did end up finding a nen exorcist in Greed Island though we haven't heard more of that.

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:14 PM
Previously: BlueXRam
Sep 3, 2014 6:24 PM

Dec 2013
BlueXRam said:

Yeah I was just pointing out the fact that originally about half the troupe were going to end up dying or something like that. Also they did end up finding a nen exorcist in Greed Island though we haven't heard more of that.
Gotchya. And regarding the nen exorcist Abengane and Chrollo, Hisoka was the one who was supposed to take him to Chrollo. Which means that he managed to find him, and their battle already happened, or he wasn't able to find him at all.

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:14 PM
Sep 3, 2014 6:27 PM
Aug 2014
Well If you don't like by now, then I think you won't enjoy it especially with the stuff that's coming next.

It's a great series, but it's just not for you.

Naruto and one piece are poor animes, they never really clicked me. I dropped the animes and manga, Naruto in the sasuke arc and one piece after alabasta.
Sep 3, 2014 6:36 PM
Jun 2014
Qans said:
Yeah if you've gotten to episode 102 and still don't like the anime it's definitely not for you. And about you liking Killua more than the main character, I think everyone pretty much feels that way. Gon is kind of annoying and irrelevant most of the story except for what happens to him near the end of the anime which i won't spoil

I didnt say i didnt like it. I'm just currently bored at this bard of the chimera ant arc.
Dem anime hipsters tho πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Sep 3, 2014 6:39 PM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:
Qans said:
Yeah if you've gotten to episode 102 and still don't like the anime it's definitely not for you. And about you liking Killua more than the main character, I think everyone pretty much feels that way. Gon is kind of annoying and irrelevant most of the story except for what happens to him near the end of the anime which i won't spoil

I didnt say i didnt like it. I'm just currently bored at this bard of the chimera ant arc.

You're at the point where it actually starts getting good.
Sep 3, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2014
boredxxx said:

Yes so ill clear everything up. His oak is cool but hes kind of an odd duck. Hes evil and then hes helping them and it really confuses the way im meant to feel about him. I did enjoy previous arcs (mostly killuas fights) like the heavens arena or whatever was enjoyable but so far chimera arc has kinda been lame for me. I thought kite was gonna be all badass and then he dies and i feel the main char is just not strong enough.

I thought it's pretty clear right now as to why Hisoka spared or even helped the MCs. Well, I guess it's as simple as he WANTS to fight them(Gon,Killua) in their full potential. He's even willing to help them reach that. He also spared Kastro for that same reason. So it's all about fighting/killing a strong opponent for his own reasons. If you're a weakling without potential, you'll be killed just like that. That's why I think his actions justified his personality. And yes, he's always been odd. (Still like him though.)

About Gon. Of course, he'd be weak compared to those veterans. I mean, he's only 12(13) years old without so much experience in battle for pete's sake lol. He has the potential and based on that word he still needs to develop so imo, that's understandable.

CA arc is a bit more controversial than what I've expected. It divided its viewers and it's interesting. I think it added spice to discussion threads.
Sep 3, 2014 7:08 PM

Mar 2014
BlueXRam said:
boredxxx said:

CA arc was pretty good from the beginning, imo.
Sep 3, 2014 7:14 PM
Jun 2014
YucchinZoldyck said:
boredxxx said:

Yes so ill clear everything up. His oak is cool but hes kind of an odd duck. Hes evil and then hes helping them and it really confuses the way im meant to feel about him. I did enjoy previous arcs (mostly killuas fights) like the heavens arena or whatever was enjoyable but so far chimera arc has kinda been lame for me. I thought kite was gonna be all badass and then he dies and i feel the main char is just not strong enough.

I thought it's pretty clear right now as to why Hisoka spared or even helped the MCs. Well, I guess it's as simple as he WANTS to fight them(Gon,Killua) in their full potential. He's even willing to help them reach that. He also spared Kastro for that same reason. So it's all about fighting/killing a strong opponent for his own reasons. If you're a weakling without potential, you'll be killed just like that. That's why I think his actions justified his personality. And yes, he's always been odd. (Still like him though.)

About Gon. Of course, he'd be weak compared to those veterans. I mean, he's only 12(13) years old without so much experience in battle for pete's sake lol. He has the potential and based on that word he still needs to develop so imo, that's understandable.

CA arc is a bit more controversial than what I've expected. It divided its viewers and it's interesting. I think it added spice to discussion threads.

Your on point i the Gon explanation which is why I'm having trouble enjoying the show. The main protagonist is not really the hero of the series and his development is odd and confusing to me at times. I think thats one of my issues with getting into this. I like his comedy side and confusion of information but the scissors paper rock thing is kinda wierd. Also I'm reading dragon ball right now where goku does like the same thing i think.
Sep 3, 2014 7:16 PM
Jun 2014
jreginald said:
BlueXRam said:

I agree with that, at the start it was dark and mysterious and i thought this is it, Killua and Gon going in, theyre gonna tear shit up. But then the stuff with. Knuckle and the other guy was lame, i still dont really get knuckles power and the board games are getting annoying.
Sep 3, 2014 8:50 PM

Oct 2013
@boredxxx

hxh isn't as exciting as most battle shounen, except the yorknew city arc. If you say the chimera ant arc is boring some people will use the generic excuse that it's either too deep for you, or it's just not for you, oh and also " hxh is not all about action! it doesn't follow the cliche formula like other battle shounen!" News flash, not because a series is different than the rest, doesn't make it automatically better than all shounen anime that use clcihe in them.

No hxh fan can talk down at me, I've watch/read plenty of deep/ intellectual anime/manga that's 10x more unique than hxh.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:43 PM
Sep 3, 2014 9:01 PM

Jul 2014
boredxxx said:

Your on point i the Gon explanation which is why I'm having trouble enjoying the show. The main protagonist is not really the hero of the series and his development is odd and confusing to me at times. I think thats one of my issues with getting into this. I like his comedy side and confusion of information but the scissors paper rock thing is kinda wierd. Also I'm reading dragon ball right now where goku does like the same thing i think.

I see. Now I might agree with those who commented that, "this show might not be for you."

Cause yeah, Gon is no hero and he doesn't intend to be one. In fact, he loses almost all the time. And that's part of his development. After all, the show (as I interpreted it) is all about the MCs' development and their adventures that go through with it. That's what differs him to other shounen MCs out there imo. He's not there to save mankind. He has no power for others to drool over(yet). Gon's just there, motivated and fighting for his own reasons. And I think that's a realistic approach in development.
But then again yeah, maybe the show just didn't meet up with what you expect of it, if you know what I mean. And I respect that.
Sep 3, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2011
You're actually watch Hunter x Hunter and expect to see more fast-paced action? ^_^

Come to think about it, Hunter x Hunter lacks the visual fanservice that the other Shounen Series have.
Well, except for Hisoka being buttnaked, of course.

Well what do you expect?

Not enough fast-paced action
Not enough boobs and butts
Not enough evil villains with rape-faces oppressing innocent people and insulting the protagonist and his friends. Enough reason for us to hate the said villains that we cheer and celebrate after they get a good beating.

It has a lot of talks though ^_^
Hunter x Hunter is indeed boring
The_Mad_WizardSep 3, 2014 9:33 PM
Sep 3, 2014 10:40 PM

Jul 2013
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I suggest that you get into JoJo's Bizarre Adventure instead. I think that might be more of what you're looking for.
Sep 3, 2014 10:47 PM

Jan 2014
That can be explained easily: some people just prefer the generic parts of shonen, the formula, the excessice action, I understand the depth of HxH can be overwhelming to those who come from the big 3.

It's perfectly natural for some people to want someone more like Lucci or Pain with no development who just blow things up and calls it war, but hunter x hunter is much more than that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2014 10:52 PM

Dec 2012
boredxxx said:
Im with turtle regarding Naruto, I enjoy it a lot. And i had no idea that there was the 2 opinion system with the arcs. I thought it was #chimeraantarcmasterrace type of deal. I think the phantom troupe were much more interesting the the chimera king and guards. I also didnt get too into the Greed Island arc, what do people think about that one?

Well the group that thinks the CA arc is the worst, or terrible is a minority.
Sep 3, 2014 10:55 PM

Apr 2009
BlueXRam said:
IntroverTurtle said:
It's a very good series but it's no One Piece or Naruto. Don't expect it to surpass them. The next part is mixed, some people love it, some people hate it.

And if I'm understanding the title and your post right. It would be better to take extremist out if you really don't hate the series.

Did you just say Naruto outclasses Hunter X Hunter? Talk about bad opinions. Please don't give me a lecture like you do when anyone disagrees with you.

I thought the exact same thing. In my opinion Naruto doesn't even come close to Hunter x Hunter. One Piece I vastly prefer over Naruto, but still doesn't match up with HxH. Saying it like it is an established fact actually kind of annoys me. I know people have different opinions, but at least don't say it like it is an unbreakable truth.
And before anybody mentions Bleach, that scores about the same or even lower than Naruto for me, so no, Hunter x Hunter is so much better than the big three.

But as people already said, if you are at episode 102 and find it to be boring, don't bother to continue, I suppose.

Sep 3, 2014 11:44 PM
Jun 2014
I st
GalekC said:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I suggest that you get into JoJo's Bizarre Adventure instead. I think that might be more of what you're looking for.

I actually started that this year from stardust crusaders (need to watch 1 n 2 still) and i love it. Fantastic series hope it all gets adapted.
Sep 3, 2014 11:47 PM

Jan 2014
Did you make this thread for discussion or out of want for people to reassure you you're not the only one who dislikes it? Because I can just name the people for you and you guys can talk about this somewhere else.

If you're not into these types of intellectual anime then like many said, this is not for you. Although I doubt you didn't already know that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2014 11:48 PM
Jun 2014
The_Mad_Wizard said:
You're actually watch Hunter x Hunter and expect to see more fast-paced action? ^_^

Come to think about it, Hunter x Hunter lacks the visual fanservice that the other Shounen Series have.
Well, except for Hisoka being buttnaked, of course.

Well what do you expect?

Not enough fast-paced action
Not enough boobs and butts
Not enough evil villains with rape-faces oppressing innocent people and insulting the protagonist and his friends. Enough reason for us to hate the said villains that we cheer and celebrate after they get a good beating.

It has a lot of talks though ^_^
Hunter x Hunter is indeed boring

Agreed haha. Hi soak has more pedo face than a rape face. But whats the second part about agreeing and 10/100? Didnt really get that part
Sep 3, 2014 11:49 PM

Jun 2014
Naruto=/>HunterxHunter>Bleach>One Piece
Sep 3, 2014 11:52 PM
Jun 2014
Grunbeld said:
Did you make this thread for discussion or out of want for people to reassure you you're not the only one who dislikes it? Because I can just name the people for you and you guys can talk about this somewhere else.

If you're not into these types of intellectual anime then like many said, this is not for you. Although I doubt you didn't already know that.

I never said i dislike it. I just said that the pare of the CA im up to is kind of boring. And people writing their opinions on arcs and the series overall in comparison and stuff. Am i doing something wrong in regards to posting this here? I just want to know other peoples opinions and relate or discuss the series.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:48 PM
Sep 3, 2014 11:54 PM
Jun 2014
Qans said:

Do you watch all of them? For me it would be Bleach=One piece>Naruto>Fairy Tail>Hunter
Sep 3, 2014 11:55 PM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:
Qans said:

Do you watch all of them? For me it would be Bleach=One piece>Naruto>Fairy Tail>Hunter

Fairy Tail is not better than Hunter x Hunter in any universe, though ill give you bleach/one piece over naruto and hunter x hunter even though im not really a fan of one piece.
Sep 3, 2014 11:58 PM
Jun 2014
Qans said:
boredxxx said:

Fairy Tail is not better than Hunter x Hunter in any universe, though ill give you bleach/one piece over naruto and hunter x hunter even though im not really a fan of one piece.

Im sorry u feel that way but when natsu says "im all fired" im really all fired up lol
Sep 3, 2014 11:58 PM
Aug 2011
For me personally I felt like the Chimera Ant arc was quite draggy. Especially in the beginning with the Queen.
Don't let that deter you though, the conclusion is brilliant.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post and response to it.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:49 PM
Sep 3, 2014 11:59 PM

Jan 2014
The trolling started with post #3 so I have no idea where the nice discussion was, and then come the other folk who just try to insult the fanbase using your thread as an excuse, which is why I think it was a bad idea. It's not on you if unintentional but this thread can't work well when there are haters.

Anyway, to me thr CA is the best arc in the show, and even anime overall. I'm not the only one who shares the sentimenr though.
One of the reasons, is that the arc had an extremely solid foundation, which took 1/3 of the entire arc. The second third was setting up everything neatly for the ending.

Seriously, I suggest putting the show on hold and watching it from the start with a different approach than you would expect from the other shonen, since it doesn't follow the DBZ... Or to sound more modern, big 3 formula of anime.
Sep 4, 2014 12:01 AM

Jun 2014
It took me a lil while to adjust to Hunter too but halfway through Yorknew i was pretty hooked especially with some of the phantom troupe chars. Naruto i liked but shippuden is when i started really marathoning. Fairy tail isnt a bad anime i actually like it on the latest episode but its not on Naruto/One Piece/Bleach level imo cus it feels like the show where the good guy always wins and nobody ever dies and nothing goes wrong just kinda getting old at least in the other animes they go through real adversity and dont always feel like you know whats going to happen in the end

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted posts.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:52 PM
Sep 4, 2014 12:05 AM
Jun 2014
Grunbeld said:
The trolling started with post #3 so I have no idea where the nice discussion was, and then come the other folk who just try to insult the fanbase using your thread as an excuse, which is why I think it was a bad idea. It's not on you if unintentional but this thread can't work well when there are haters.

Anyway, to me thr CA is the best arc in the show, and even anime overall. I'm not the only one who shares the sentimenr though.
One of the reasons, is that the arc had an extremely solid foundation, which took 1/3 of the entire arc. The second third was setting up everything neatly for the ending.

Seriously, I suggest putting the show on hold and watching it from the start with a different approach than you would expect from the other shonen, since it doesn't follow the DBZ... Or to sound more modern, big 3 formula of anime.

Noones insulting the fan base but people are just saying what they like and dislike about the series. Its not like only praise is allowed on the forum right? I might have not noticed it but i havent hated on the fan base or the series just saying what aspects i dislike/like etc. Every show has its problems.

I'll get back to the show with your opinion in mind in a week or 2 when im on break. If it is setup i hope the fights will be good :D
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:53 PM
Sep 4, 2014 12:08 AM

Jan 2014
Hate = criticism.
Still no one actually made a case of criticism constructively... if at all.
And really? Insulting people just because they are fans did not happen? Read previous pages.

Okay then, sounds good.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:53 PM
Sep 4, 2014 12:14 AM
Jun 2014
It took me a lil while to adjust to Hunter too but halfway through Yorknew i was pretty hooked especially with some of the phantom troupe chars. Naruto i liked but shippuden is when i started really marathoning. Fairy tail isnt a bad anime i actually like it on the latest episode but its not on Naruto/One Piece/Bleach level imo cus it feels like the show where the good guy always wins and nobody ever dies and nothing goes wrong just kinda getting old at least in the other animes they go through real adversity and dont always feel like you know whats going to happen in the end[/quote]

Yes completely agree with u on almost everything. I saw naruto on tv and watched a few eps then bought 295 eps in 2008 (in ukraine they sold pirated anime in legit stores) and marathoned part 1 and 75 of part 2 then finished rest when i came back to aus). Things go wrong for big 3 chars a lot too. They all lose fights and need to overcome strong enemies like before time skip luffy got owned, so did ichigo but in naruto, kyubi saves him a lot i guess. Fairy tail is awsome and i love friendship powerups haha. The only issue i have with it is the sting vs fairy tail fight which was pure bs. Other than that i even liked the filler cuz it didnt feel like filler.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:54 PM
Sep 4, 2014 12:24 AM

Jan 2014
It took me a lil while to adjust to Hunter too but halfway through Yorknew i was pretty hooked especially with some of the phantom troupe chars. Naruto i liked but shippuden is when i started really marathoning. Fairy tail isnt a bad anime i actually like it on the latest episode but its not on Naruto/One Piece/Bleach level imo cus it feels like the show where the good guy always wins and nobody ever dies and nothing goes wrong just kinda getting old at least in the other animes they go through real adversity and dont always feel like you know whats going to happen in the end[/quote]

Yes completely agree with u on almost everything. I saw naruto on tv and watched a few eps then bought 295 eps in 2008 (in ukraine they sold pirated anime in legit stores) and marathoned part 1 and 75 of part 2 then finished rest when i came back to aus). Things go wrong for big 3 chars a lot too. They all lose fights and need to overcome strong enemies like before time skip luffy got owned, so did ichigo but in naruto, kyubi saves him a lot i guess. Fairy tail is awsome and i love friendship powerups haha. The only issue i have with it is the sting vs fairy tail fight which was pure bs. Other than that i even liked the filler cuz it didnt feel like filler.[/quote]

How though? It's all plot armor for everyone mostly.
Gon for example is the only one Mc whose show doesn't center around or glorify or force to win.
Sure some Mcs lose too but only long enough to beat their enemies in round 2.
Nothing really went wrong in these shows for quite a while.

VudisSep 5, 2014 12:54 PM
Sep 4, 2014 12:35 AM
Jun 2014

Yes completely agree with u on almost everything. I saw naruto on tv and watched a few eps then bought 295 eps in 2008 (in ukraine they sold pirated anime in legit stores) and marathoned part 1 and 75 of part 2 then finished rest when i came back to aus). Things go wrong for big 3 chars a lot too. They all lose fights and need to overcome strong enemies like before time skip luffy got owned, so did ichigo but in naruto, kyubi saves him a lot i guess. Fairy tail is awsome and i love friendship powerups haha. The only issue i have with it is the sting vs fairy tail fight which was pure bs. Other than that i even liked the filler cuz it didnt feel like filler.[/quote]

How though? It's all plot armor for everyone mostly.
Gon for example is the only one Mc whose show doesn't center around or glorify or force to win.
Sure some Mcs lose too but only long enough to beat their enemies in round 2.
Nothing really went wrong in these shows for quite a while.[/quote]

Sometimes round 3 haha but doesnt Gon do that as well? Hes just weak and it takes him longer like for knuckles fight he did it like 10 times. Its same formula with a weaker character in my opinion.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:55 PM
Sep 4, 2014 12:39 AM

Jun 2014
@Grunbeld Still trying to figure out what parfaited means.
And Gon to me is the strangest MC in a shonen series. It doesnt even feel like hes the main character sometimes. Most of the main action revolves around Killua or other characters
Sep 4, 2014 12:39 AM

Jan 2014
Except it wasn't the same.
Gon actually won the first time but never again. 29 losses. Conclusive.

Same with Hanzo.
He was weaker than Genthru despite the plan to best him.
Sometimes, he never even tries, he just accepts that he has no chance lol
Sep 4, 2014 12:43 AM
Jun 2014
Grunbeld said:

Same with Hanzo.

What Bout with hisoka? Forgot who hanzo and genthru is :/
Sep 4, 2014 12:46 AM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:
Grunbeld said:

Same with Hanzo.

What Bout with hisoka? Forgot who hanzo and genthru is :/

Genthru was the bomb leader guy from HxH and Hanzo was the guy in Naruto who gave Jiraiya, Tsunade and Orochimaru the "Sannin" title the one who wears the gas mask looking thing. Hes more of a minor char tho
Sep 4, 2014 12:48 AM

Jan 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Yorknew is overrated. I don't know why people like it so much. The worst character out of the whole group, Kurapika, gets too much focus. He is too OP, his fights were boring. Chrollo was the best thing about that arc.

Because it wasn't majorly boring like a lot of the Chimera Ant arc. Kurapika is boring.....if the only relevant thing about a character is how strong they are. Kurapika is certainly more interesting than the other 3....except maybe Leorio (sarcastic).
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 4, 2014 12:50 AM

Jun 2014
Leorio is baddass though I missed him after not seein him for like 50 eps

VudisSep 5, 2014 12:56 PM
Sep 4, 2014 2:00 AM

Feb 2014
Qans said:
And Gon to me is the strangest MC in a shonen series. It doesnt even feel like hes the main character sometimes. Most of the main action revolves around Killua or other characters

The world doesn't forcefully bend toward Gon, something happens in the world then Gon is there and it's affecting him and he act to it.

It different where Naruto became the center of the war or straw hat became the center figure on every island they goes or Ichigo become such important figure on SS.

Like in Yorknew, it was Kurapika's story. Gon just there and it affecting him, but it still Kurapika's story.
Sep 4, 2014 3:54 AM
Aug 2014
RedRoseFring said:

Because it wasn't majorly boring like a lot of the Chimera Ant arc. Kurapika is boring.....if the only relevant thing about a character is how strong they are. Kurapika is certainly more interesting than the other 3....except maybe Leorio (sarcastic).

Kurapika is mostly about revenge but I consider Gon and Killua to be a lot more interesting.
Sep 4, 2014 4:32 AM

Mar 2014
I suggest you continue watching because you are about to see some epic episodes with a lot of tension and suspense. I am sure you will like them regardless if you don't enjoy this arc so much.
Personally, I enjoyed the chimera ant arc from the beginning, even though I felt it dragged at the part with the queen. Tbh, during the fights of some chimera ants(the lion guy and such) the narration bored me a bit so if you are at these episodes be sure it will definitely get better.

On a side note, since you like Killua know that he will undergo even more development in this and the next arc.
Sep 4, 2014 5:11 AM

Jul 2014
Why you have to like HxH? because people say is the best shounen? It a simply another anime that you dont like and you should dropped it and see an anime that u might like.
Sep 4, 2014 5:30 AM
Jun 2014
crosx said:
Why you have to like HxH? because people say is the best shounen? It a simply another anime that you dont like and you should dropped it and see an anime that u might like.

I see what u mean its just im up to date with all the good shonens and trying to find more because im just waiting a week to watch episodes.

danae17 said:
I suggest you continue watching because you are about to see some epic episodes with a lot of tension and suspense. I am sure you will like them regardless if you don't enjoy this arc so much.
Personally, I enjoyed the chimera ant arc from the beginning, even though I felt it dragged at the part with the queen. Tbh, during the fights of some chimera ants(the lion guy and such) the narration bored me a bit so if you are at these episodes be sure it will definitely get better.

On a side note, since you like Killua know that he will undergo even more development in this and the next arc.

Theres no way I'll drop it after watching 102 eps however in he past few eps ive zoned out into my ipad a lot. I just hope they fight the king already and the pace picks up.

ESA503 said:
RedRoseFring said:

Kurapika is mostly about revenge but I consider Gon and Killua to be a lot more interesting.

I like that aspect because it reminds me of sasuke

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:56 PM
Sep 4, 2014 10:04 AM

Jan 2011
boredxxx said:
ESA503 said:

I like that aspect because it reminds me of sasuke

thats because Sasuke is a "copy-paste" of Kurapika
also kurapika has a better development

crosx said:

true
cronosteso23Sep 4, 2014 10:11 AM
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Sep 4, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2014
Every time I see people insult HXH it's always about there not being enough action or fights. HXH 2011 really isn't your average shounen. Sometimes it dives further than just fights, like the election arc. It's not about crazy shit every second like Naruto, which is why I love the show.
Sep 4, 2014 10:22 AM

Oct 2013
boredxxx said:
jreginald said:

I agree with that, at the start it was dark and mysterious and i thought this is it, Killua and Gon going in, theyre gonna tear shit up. But then the stuff with. Knuckle and the other guy was lame, i still dont really get knuckles power and the board games are getting annoying.

But isn't this exactly why this series is good? Because it is realistic. Main chars are kids. What do we expect to see a power boost of Fairy Tail proportions, friendship power up? And they beat the main villains? Too cliche, too unrealistic and predictable. I think you aint gonna like what's going to happen, especially the narration. But see for yourself.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Sep 4, 2014 10:31 AM

Sep 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
It's a very good series but it's no One Piece or Naruto. Don't expect it to surpass them.

Ummm,, that is more of an opinion, you shouldn't come stating it like it was a fact. I see you a lot around these forums anyways, always bringing up Naruto or OP.
Is it really that hard to understand that some people like HxH more than naruto or OP, and vice versa?

Secondly, this is a HxH board, I don't think people want to be talking about anything else here. I mean like, I'm not going to naruto chapter threads to tell people that the chapter was "OK, but HxH is better"?

Why can't we just instead, talk about the topic instead of fighting over which series is "better", it's completely pointless and I'm sure no one will change their mind about which series they prefer no matter how much you try.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisSep 5, 2014 1:02 PM
Life left to go
Sep 4, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Flashoftheback said:
Qans said:

The world doesn't forcefully bend toward Gon, something happens in the world then Gon is there and it's affecting him and he act to it.

It different where Naruto became the center of the war or straw hat became the center figure on every island they goes or Ichigo become such important figure on SS.

Like in Yorknew, it was Kurapika's story. Gon just there and it affecting him, but it still Kurapika's story.

Gon literally becomes the focus of the entire Hunter Association. Are you watching something else? It is exactly the same and maybe even more so.

ESA503 said:

What about Gon and Killua do you find more interesting?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 4, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2014
cronosteso23 said:
thats because Sasuke is a "copy-paste" of Kurapika
also kurapika has a better development
Lol wtf?

Sasuke's backstory was most likely inspired by Kurapika's but you have to be blind and deaf at the same time to have watched both shows and believe that they are anything alike, besides their primary motives.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Sep 4, 2014 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
I'm in the minority of thinking the '99 version is better than the remake. They added necessary fillers which added to the plot an further developed characters. You just feel closer to all the characters in the Hunter Exam than you did in the remake.

The Yorknew arc was near perfect in the '99 ver. The awesome soundtrack and art style gives the show more of an atmosphere. I just think the remake is a little too bright..

Also.. I've heard people saying that Naruto has ripped off HxH in some ways. The only thing I've found similar was this priest guy in Shippuden who had a power sorta like Neteros'
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

60 by kihel »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.