Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga & Light Novel Rankings for Aug 25 - 31

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 8, 2014 7:09 PM

Oct 2013
f4b10 said:
Monomunu said:

It just another Ao no Exocist at best.

Not rly, SnK´s most buys and sells are due to Hype , TG has a decent story and Kaneki is one of the best constructed Main Characters i have ever seen... Blue Exorcist is nothing compared with TG neither is SnK aka the Overrated and Overhyped train

Sigh, Ok first of all the person wasn't comparing the quality of the series, he's just saying that Tokyo ghoul will not maintain these type of sales. The reason why he brought up Ao no Exocist, is because it had a huge sale when the anime aired, but the following year the sales drop significantly. That's the point he was making, at least that's what I believe.

Also about attack on titan, Before the anime was even aired this series was in the top 15/10 best selling manga since 2011, and attack on titan release its first volume in 2010, meaning it was a big hit as soon as it was out, so the sales isn't pure hype, plus the anime has ended for a year now you can't call that being just hype anymore.

I like both Tokyo ghoul and attack on titan just so you know.
keragammingSep 8, 2014 7:15 PM
Sep 8, 2014 8:24 PM

Oct 2013
keragamming said:
f4b10 said:

Not rly, SnK´s most buys and sells are due to Hype , TG has a decent story and Kaneki is one of the best constructed Main Characters i have ever seen... Blue Exorcist is nothing compared with TG neither is SnK aka the Overrated and Overhyped train

Sigh, Ok first of all the person wasn't comparing the quality of the series, he's just saying that Tokyo ghoul will not maintain these type of sales. The reason why he brought up Ao no Exocist, is because it had a huge sale when the anime aired, but the following year the sales drop significantly. That's the point he was making, at least that's what I believe.

Also about attack on titan, Before the anime was even aired this series was in the top 15/10 best selling manga since 2011, and attack on titan release its first volume in 2010, meaning it was a big hit as soon as it was out, so the sales isn't pure hype, plus the anime has ended for a year now you can't call that being just hype anymore.

I like both Tokyo ghoul and attack on titan just so you know.

TG wasn't compared with AoExorcist because of the duration of the sales boost, but about the power of the boost!

TG is selling around 20k every volume every week. AoExorcist did a similar feat. SnK is different, SnK was selling around 45k every volume every week! More than the double of TG and AoExorcist.

About the duration of the hype, AoExorcist hype was only for 1 year while SnK is going for 2 years right now. For Tokyo Ghoul we don't know yet, so it doesn't make much sense to be saying that it will be closer to AoE than Snk.
Sep 8, 2014 8:43 PM

Oct 2013
^ I agree with everything you said, I was just explaining to the person that misunderstand Monomunu comments. I agree it's too early to say if TG will keep this up.
Sep 9, 2014 1:46 AM

Jun 2012
Hmm seems ive missunderstood then, my bad :D
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.