Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 12, 2014 9:47 AM

Oct 2014
It's sad that it ended *tries not to cry... cries a lot* T^T

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~
Nov 14, 2014 8:26 PM

Mar 2012
lmao they just pick up the entire house

The final don't lose you way was great. A nice farewell episode. Gonna miss this show's craziness.
Nov 24, 2014 7:29 AM

Oct 2011
Awesome! The part were Ryuuko was running up after getting the scissors was so sick
Nov 30, 2014 9:05 PM
Oct 2011
HollowV2 said:
Awesome! The part were Ryuuko was running up after getting the scissors was so sick

Yeah, it was great to see something like that again one more time :)

And as darknin12 said, hearing that song start up once again too!

deanzel said:
This was pretty nice "final" episode and goodbye to the Kill la Kill universe and all its lovable characters. It wasn't as epic or emotionally impactful as the series (I mean, it is just 27 minutes long) but you can never have enough Ryuko in my opinion. My only beef was that I initially wondered why Satsuki had long hair in the beginning but that was all thankfully resolved in the end :)

Yeah. :)
DangerMouseDMNov 30, 2014 9:23 PM
Dec 8, 2014 2:22 PM

Mar 2014
Gragyouation ceremony?
Seriously? -__-

I didn't like how this episode's main battle was basically just a big cameo-fest, bringing back the old Satsuki and old four devas... It felt forced.

The opening part was decent, and the ending part with Satsuki was good.

I also had a good laugh during Mako's part, when she's talking about how Ryouko is wonderful, and she turns into a Steak as the visual.
The joke is that both "wonderful" and "steak" in Japanese are pronounced "suteki", except one is in hiragana (すてき)while the other is in katakana (ステキ)

Anyway, overall, the special didn't do much for me. I was hoping that since it was just a one-off thing that it would return to the show's comidic roots in the early episodes... but it was just a giant over-the-top battle, reminiscent of the other over-the-top battles from the series, and that was never what I came to Kill la Kill for.
vigorousjammerDec 8, 2014 2:25 PM
::End of Transmission::

Dec 20, 2014 4:20 AM

Nov 2009
Couldnt stop laughing at those DTR's plus the fact that Mikisugi actually thought they were amazing. This show really is awesome, I hold out hope they can somehow come up with a sequel at some point.
Jan 3, 2015 11:01 PM

Feb 2013
Mikisugi really lovs his DTR's. I was wondering why Satsuki had long hair when at the very end of Kill la Kill she had short hair. Then she cut it. Oh. I guess this is the end for Kill la Kill. I'll miss it.
Jan 14, 2015 5:28 PM

Dec 2013
That was action packed, well delivered. The custom DTR's was funny too, and nonon calling herself annoying xD Satsuki was noble! Houmoura turned to the good side, that was cool too. I pretty much cried because it's all ending. AND YEAY SENKETSU APPEARED AS AN APPARITION. MAKO CONTROLLING THE MACHINE WAS FUNNY AS HELL. and the academy..that was sad too. I will miss Matoi Ryuko and everyone else. </3

So this is the end huh..? Kill la Kill, thank you for everything! You will forever be remembered <3
Jan 16, 2015 7:31 PM

Jan 2012
its the scissors that cut the heavens
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 25, 2015 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
What an awesome episode! Action packed, and the ending made me smile :)
Kill la Kill will be missed.
Jan 31, 2015 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
Really fun OVA episode, glad they didn't settle for some lame beach episode. they even gave one of the less important villains development and a cool backstory. No wonder she was loyal to Satsuki's mom.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 4, 2015 5:34 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty awesome,unlike most specials.
Defenetly a must watch for fans of the series.
Mar 5, 2015 2:29 AM
Nov 2014
Awesome OVA for an awesome anime.
Mar 14, 2015 6:21 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I always thought that Rei couldn't be all that evil. Her past seemed to be very heavy.
I liked how Satsuki could save her. 8/10
Mar 31, 2015 1:02 PM
Mar 2009
So basically just wrapping up by telling what everyone is doing after graduating from Honnouji Academy?

Or maybe they needed a whole episode to tell us how Satsuki got short hair.
Apr 15, 2015 2:53 PM

Oct 2014
Finally Probe Regalia was defeated by clicking its power button! Been wanting that since getting that glimpse of it in episode 15-ish. 10/10 just for that and getting some backstory and closure on Rei.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Apr 19, 2015 10:02 PM

Oct 2014
This part looked "out of place" for some reason.

Jul 7, 2015 6:09 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, it's been a while since I watched this show XD So their "graduation" ceremony huh ... so much action ;P I forgot how fast these episodes fly by. So they have to defeat their "past selves", which, with a little help from Mako, seemed pretty easy. Not to mention Ryuuko not even needing Senketsu to deal with Satsuki :O Though I'm sure that giant pair of scissors helped XD Ragyou sure seemed cool even in the past ... putting the glasses on Rei like that. Dang lol, I love her theme music *_* Oh well, they're defeated, and happy ending for everyone ... moving away to another school? :O That sure was fast but, well, I guess they don't really need the Academy anymore, huh?

Overall pretty enjoyable, mostly same comments as the original series (characters, music, animation (though it seemed a bit sloppy at times?), etc.) and I guess they couldn't really do that much plot with just one episode but it sure was fun! Definitely got chills for a bit XD 8/10
Jul 21, 2015 9:15 PM

May 2015
Wow!!! That was Epic!!!!!! So this happened before their date :D (Reference: Satsuki's hair)
Jul 30, 2015 7:31 PM
Feb 2015
:( ima miss everyone.. Especially mako... Love how she got "distracted by cheese" LMAO xD it was a great ride, can definitly have a season 2 with life fibers coming back but it ends here :(
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Aug 4, 2015 9:06 PM

Apr 2007
This was the best conclusion for Satsuki. It could have worked without the battle, but this is just how Kill la Kill does things :/

Mikisugi and those stupid DTRs lol
Aug 29, 2015 12:55 AM
Apr 2015
gRAGYOUation

xDDDDD xD xD dat pun in the middle of the fight
Sep 8, 2015 9:20 PM

Apr 2014
Great OVA! Homura Rei Hoomaru in this one episode was a much more interesting antagonist than Ragyo Kiryuin ever was for me. It was very nice to see the over the top action again and the blatant utilization of numerous tropes. One last fight before everyone goes their separate ways, great closure.

Quote of the Show:

Satsuki said:

Nonsense, is how we roll.
Sep 30, 2015 3:24 PM

May 2009
Waste of time. Was hoping for some character interactions and a proper closure than another episode full of senseless action.
Nov 23, 2015 2:50 AM

Oct 2009
God I can't believe I waited so long to watch this!

Kinda filler-ish but who cares! THIS WAS AWESOME! Seeing Satsuki-sama's magnificence again :')
Why did Ryuko leave the scissor blades :(

Man this made me realise how much I miss the show..

10/10! As always :'D
Mar 8, 2016 2:22 AM
Dec 2011
awww..... this episode is so heart warming .... nice :3
Jun 11, 2016 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
Not bad. It was kind of "fillerish", but still enjoyable. After the sad ending of the series, it was nice to see Ryuko and whole pack again. But I didn't get that thing with Scissor Blade. Where did it come from? Does it mean that Senketsu is still alive out there somewhere in one form or another, watching over Ryuko?
kyojin_desuJun 11, 2016 10:24 AM
Jun 13, 2016 1:23 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Unmemorable, only to fans of the series.

--
No tiene nada especial, sólo para fans de la serie.
Jul 1, 2016 12:04 PM

Sep 2015
I really liked this episode, I think it was a more satisfying ending than the actual end of the series. I think the original ending was a little to sudden and many people would have wanted more closure for the characters. Well this definitely delivered, giving us an episode about Satsuki adjusting to normal life now that the war is won, all while not sacrificing the over the top action of the series. Ryuko getting her super scissor blade and charging up the hill as "Don't Lose Your Way" plays was just hella awesome and like the cathartic thrills the original anime offered condensed to a single 27 minutes.

I also like how it used Rinko a minor character many might have forgotten about as the villain for the episode. Not only that but it expanded on her, with that brief but cool Junko flashback. And I liked how her plan was just pure comic book, let's make evil robot versions of our heroes for them to fight. Who better to defeat them than themselves? I love it.

In the end, Satsuki has given up her old ways in earnest. The school is dismantled, goodbyes are said, and everyone goes their separate ways. And while this is probably the last installment in Kill la Kill's anime saga, a palpable sense of joy rather than sadness overwhelmed me as the first OP starts up and Ryuko and Mako look up at the rugged stylized sky. It's been a hell of a ride Kill la Kill. You weren't perfect but you will be missed.
Jul 16, 2016 7:02 PM
Mar 2016
it was horrible..
i liked the series ending.. but this made Ryuuko and Satsuki get splatted :||(until they find each other again)
... and the city got destroyed too............
1/5 for this special and 9.4/10 for the series :")
Nov 5, 2016 5:58 PM

May 2013
Goddamn. It's been over 2 years since I finished Kill la Kill, just over 3 since episode 1 aired...I decided to finally watch this tonight on a whim, and it was sooo good. I mean, I was feeling fairly emotional throughout, but the tears came literally in the last few moments, when Ryuko and Mako looked up at the sky, saying "He'll live on in our hearts." The whole idea of throwing off your old self, but still never forgetting it. Really, now that I've seen Utena the whole message feels like it's in a similar, if quite tonally different vein. Very feels-y. Daaaaaah!
Mar 15, 2017 6:47 AM

Dec 2015
A good epilogue I guess, it was nice to see everyone fight.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 30, 2017 12:58 PM

Sep 2010
For a special it was pretty good.
Aug 25, 2017 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
That was a really nice way to end the story, that was one nice ride.
May 2, 2018 6:11 PM
Feb 2018
A double ending!!!

Feb 9, 2019 9:25 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was kind of lackluster, which isn't surprising, no kind of 'afterword' after something that crazy is ever going to be comprehensible or satisfying.

I guess there's no responsibility for a bunch of high school students subjugating an entire population under brutal and deadly rule? Sucks for the people killed for breaking dumb school rules, not being able to see that cool ass graduation ceremony.
Jun 21, 2019 10:20 AM
Jun 2013
to be honest I didn't think it was necessary to do this episode as the final was fine and all this really did was tell us how Satsuki cut her hair since this takes place right before the end credits of the last episode. Though it was still fun so theres that.
Jul 25, 2019 11:48 AM

Jan 2011
Rewatching everything after like 6 years.

The show is much better than I remembered.

And did they change Satsuki's VA in the OVA? It's different enough for me to think they did.
supreme master of the godtaste
Aug 31, 2019 11:41 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was so over the top that it exposed its cliché-ness. I never had problems like that with Kill al Kill, but I felt like this episode introduced me to the bad side of it, and oh boy, those were a lot.
First of all, that was one of the stupidest, laziest powerups I've seen in an Anime, Sanketsu's cameo was so utterly unnecessary.
I watched this one dubbed, so it was my first exposure of the dubbed Kill al Kill, boy, I love my dubs, but this one was one of the worst.
Dec 6, 2019 1:26 PM

Sep 2019
There is no need for this episode. Total waist of time.
Feb 26, 2020 10:25 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great to have a little more closure and more epicness along the way to end this wild ride of pure entertainment and fun! Op with the new clothing added for the characters was a nice treat too!

I was wondering where Ragyou's assistant went after being pulverized earlier in the final episode or so, and here she is. Introducing a troublesome line of attack too, I've to say. Got scared for a second when I saw "Kiryuuin" standing behind Kiryuuin, lol.

Some slightly disappointing out-of-the-blue power-ups to resolve this case though, I've to say. I'm glad it was 27 minutes worth of screen-time to not feel too cramped but clearly the focal point of the episode was more to do with Satsuki's progression and, for that, it was well worth it!And Senketsu's short cameo too, of course.

Facing your past selves really gives off a stellar graduation vibe too so that was nice from a thematic point of view. Sad that Gamagori and Mankanshoku branched off to separate sides now though, why must you do this Trigger?

Ryouko sure came up with some mind-boggling names this episode xD. "Gragyouation Ceremony", wow lol.

And this marks my graduation from the series too. It was great fun and I hope I'll get a chance to relive through this experience somewhere down along the line.
_MushiRock11_Feb 26, 2020 10:38 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 27, 2020 12:30 AM

Aug 2018
Great speciial overall but I have some mixed feelings about it. I wish they shown us more of what happened afterwards, I think most fans really wanted to see more of that but it just became wasted potential overall.
Jan 10, 2021 7:33 PM

Apr 2020
Solid epilogue to end Kill La Kill. Was wondering why there was a sunken pool in the end credits of the finale.
Mar 15, 2021 10:00 PM

Oct 2016
Now it's really goodbye to Kill La Kill, I am going to miss this show especially the characters. This a really good epilogue, though I kind of wished we got more wholesome shit where they're all just hanging out, a full episode of something like the date. But, that was still great, we have Gragyouated. 8/10
Jun 3, 2021 11:08 AM

Jan 2021
The Scissor blade final address mode Decommission mode scene was pretty cool
Jun 29, 2021 1:06 PM

Jan 2020
This was fine. I didn't like it as much as the series itself but I do like how it makes some things more clear and it feels like a nice addition to the conclusion.

I also like how they made a few additional changes in the opening with the clothing changes and all

Jul 23, 2021 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
well uhh guess the story just went straight out the window but it was a satisfactory ending so i guess it was alright, wont be rating this one at least....
May 7, 2022 7:52 PM

Nov 2010
It's been 8 yrs since the last time I saw this anime and I never knew ep. 25 existed till now. lol

That was ridiculously entertaining. 8/10
Jan 22, 9:06 PM

Dec 2022
it was fun it felt good it felt great it was a fitting bittersweet farewell to the GOAT but it should have been twice as long!
Jan 25, 3:27 PM

Apr 2016
Dang. I was really hoping that the OVA was gonna follow everyone around and show what kinda stuff they've been getting into since the final battle. I didn't expect ANOTHER battle hahaha :) Still loved it though. It filled in some gaps from when they defeat Ragyou to what happens in the end credits, which I love. A solid OVA. This episode parts ways with the audience much more gently than the last episode of the series :') Kill La Kill's still got me fucked up, but oh well hahaha. Thanks again for the wild ride Trigger <3

P.S. something that struck me in the first episode and has stayed with me since is the sky in Kill La Kill; I love the clouds. It's weird cause they don't really look like clouds a lot of the time, more like scars cut into the sky. But still, I dig'em anyways.
L-S-M-F-TJan 25, 5:14 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Specials Episode 2 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 22, 2017

20 by Streamy_Imp »»
Feb 1, 7:34 PM

» Second episode???

XavierSylfaen - Jun 1, 2017

23 by abystoma2 »»
Sep 9, 2020 10:54 PM

» Can anyone identify these songs? (anime OST)

BlueAlbatross - Jul 26, 2016

0 by BlueAlbatross »»
Jul 26, 2016 7:51 AM

» Can anyone indentify this music

Naesaku - Jun 29, 2016

2 by Naesaku »»
Jun 30, 2016 10:53 AM

» Why this special is labeled as 'sequel'?

bereta002 - Sep 20, 2014

2 by TheRipperMan »»
Oct 8, 2014 8:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.