Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 5, 2014 7:37 PM

Jan 2014
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

ah, how i missed that song ^^
Sep 5, 2014 8:13 PM

Apr 2011
the battle was whatever, but the ending felt good. it's also reminiscent of gurren lagann's too.
Sep 5, 2014 9:11 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty solid ending, especially for a special. Then again, they could've easily have done this in the normal series but I guess they wanted some moolah.

As for the show in a whole, it was rushed, sure, but it was a good ending. You don't see that many shows do solid endings. I'm kinda glad they didn't bring Senketsu Uniform back fully.
Sep 5, 2014 10:36 PM

Mar 2012
Great Graduation and Ending of the series

Kiryuin's Short Hair Love it so much...

and that's it the end of the series

surely will miss this show T.T
Sep 5, 2014 11:20 PM

Apr 2011
I was kinda hoping we'd get to see Senketsu Ryuko one more time, but at least he did make an (albeit brief) appearance to give her the scissor blades back. And OMG was that ever over the top as HELL. Those gigantic scissors for the final attack XD It wasn't as over the top as the Super TTGL, but then, nothing tops that lol.

It was great to see everyone again, even evil ol' Ragyo showed up in a flashback. It really makes me miss the series :( Though I suppose it had told its story in its entirety, and now it's time to move on, like Ryuko graduated from her sailor suit.

Wonderful end to the best anime of the year. 10/10
Sep 6, 2014 12:02 AM
May 2014
Blind_Guardian said:
I was kinda hoping we'd get to see Senketsu Ryuko one more time, but at least he did make an (albeit brief) appearance to give her the scissor blades back. And OMG was that ever over the top as HELL. Those gigantic scissors for the final attack XD It wasn't as over the top as the Super TTGL, but then, nothing tops that lol.

It was great to see everyone again, even evil ol' Ragyo showed up in a flashback. It really makes me miss the series :( Though I suppose it had told its story in its entirety, and now it's time to move on, like Ryuko graduated from her sailor suit.

Wonderful end to the best anime of the year. 10/10

Senketsu coming back would have hurt the show a lot IMO
Sep 6, 2014 2:21 AM

Jul 2013
hatsurin said:
Great way to end the series. I was so emotional, dem feels.
I will surely miss this show. satsukisama<3 ryuukosama<3

+1
RIP Senketsu and Honnouji Gakuen!
Sep 6, 2014 3:45 AM

Jul 2013
This show never fails to amuse me with their over the top OSTs. Up to this point I still think a male Ryuuko would've been better idk maybe because of the gender barrier stuff.
Sep 6, 2014 5:31 AM

Feb 2013
antonnn said:
Hopefully they don't try make some kind of sequel to this and go on to new projects with some more depth. But Trigger generally like to be silly with what they make so I won't get my hopes up yet!

Of topic here but they are making other series first off all this one, airing this fall already
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=25159

And this to be announced for next year
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=23605

(Lets not forget Little Witch Academia 2)
Sep 6, 2014 9:02 AM

Jun 2012
Music was great, thats it though.
Sep 6, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2014
That was great. The theme of graduation was perfect. Thought I was hoping for something sweeter. I felt that alittle too much screen time went towards the action and not enough for the feels, lol.
Sep 6, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2012
Woo! Perfect OVA. For some reason I expected some GamaxMako on a date, but the mix of action and emotions was just ideal. They even tied up Hououmaru and the robot. Thank you Trigger.
Sep 6, 2014 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
This OVA made me want to rewatch KLK & give Gurren Lagann another chance (I may or may not have flipped all kinds of sh*t on that show).
Sep 7, 2014 2:56 AM

Apr 2013
6/10. I was kind of bored through some of it. It was cool to see Ragyo again though with Blumenkraz playing in the backround.
Sep 7, 2014 7:14 AM
Aug 2013
Perfect Finale ! As always over the top :)
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Sep 7, 2014 7:46 AM

Jul 2014
Wow ... the soundtrack got me nerves ...
Kill la Kill ... i'll never forget you
Sep 7, 2014 2:40 PM

Oct 2008
Houhoumaru backstory holy fucking shit

Flawless fucking victoy 10/10
Sep 7, 2014 6:31 PM

May 2012
Pretty sweet additional episode, quite liked to catch the feel and atmosphere of Kill la Kill again and the action combined with the little but quite lovely story was really nice so all in all a very good special!
Sep 7, 2014 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty solid OVA.
Sep 7, 2014 11:56 PM

Feb 2012
It was alright. All I remember is blue striped panties, everything else is a blur.
I was actually hoping this would take place in the credits of ep24, but this was a nice reminder to a fun series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2014 12:32 AM

Jun 2014
It was a little disappointing, felt WAY too rushed. Didn't really tie any lose ends or ANYTHING.
The show deserves a proper sequel, but we ALL know it won't get one. It was good... just didn't live up to the rest of the anime at all.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 8, 2014 10:56 PM
Jul 2009
I forgot.
I forgot how good this show was.
I lost my way.

Thank you Based Trigger, for forcing me to remember.
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Sep 9, 2014 2:27 AM
Apr 2014
This OVA was just prefect, i was so happy hearing keep my dry again...
Sep 9, 2014 8:23 AM
Feb 2014
Holy shit, that was so epic after waiting a long time since the series finished, best OVA Ive seen so far, also when dont lose your way played I got goosebumps, and that ED song was great.
Sep 9, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2012
Well, that was awesome. I thought it worked really well as a send-off/finale. The names of those scissor blade forms and attacks at the end were really friggin' funny, but fitting. It was great to see that, overall, this OVA was able to recapture the spirit of the series really well.

There were a few things that seemed to come out of nowhere: 1) Hououmaru coming back to attempt revenge for Ragyou; 2) The scissor-blades from space; and 3) Mako's ability to be used as a power source for the giant school-turned-kamui/goku uniform robot.

As for the first one, it makes sense if you think about it for a second. Hououmaru was one of Ragyou's most loyal followers/servants, so it stands to reason that she'd want revenge for Ragyou's death. In that light, her attempts at revenge don't just come out of nowhere. I like how, in addition to giving Hououmaru some depth, it ties her development in with Satsuki's attempts to move on from her past.

As for the second one, it's been a while now since I saw the series, so I don't know if the scissor blades being in space is just something I forgot. That sorta goes for the third one, too. There may have been something in the main series hinting at this that I just don't remember. Even if that is the case, though, it would've been nice for them to at least offer some kind of explanation.

I loved how this OVA handled the start of the characters' transitions from their old lives, moving forward into their futures (pretty much encapsulated perfectly in Ryuuko's speech right before she destroys the transformed school).

All in all, I thought this was a great OVA, and even better as a finale/send-off to Kill la Kill as a whole.
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Sep 9, 2014 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
Sejin said:
As for the second one, it's been a while now since I saw the series, so I don't know if the scissor blades being in space is just something I forgot. That sorta goes for the third one, too. There may have been something in the main series hinting at this that I just don't remember. Even if that is the case, though, it would've been nice for them to at least offer some kind of explanation.

Yeah she left it up there when she fell from space, Senketsu dragged her back to Earth before she could grab them. As for Mako, well she has worn a Goku uniform so maybe that made her a suitable as a back up generator (no clue on that one either, kinda got lost during that segment).
Sep 9, 2014 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
DoctorAnimez said:
Sejin said:

Yeah she left it up there when she fell from space, Senketsu dragged her back to Earth before she could grab them. As for Mako, well she has worn a Goku uniform so maybe that made her a suitable as a back up generator (no clue on that one either, kinda got lost during that segment).

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Sep 12, 2014 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
Meh action but really good content.

Farewell Kill La Kill. ;-;
Sep 12, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
I will miss all of them :'( That battle and other things are proper graduation for KLK.
I don't want to feel bad anymore. Because Senketsu is always there for her :')
Sep 12, 2014 6:04 PM

Apr 2013
This was pretty nice "final" episode and goodbye to the Kill la Kill universe and all its lovable characters. It wasn't as epic or emotionally impactful as the series (I mean, it is just 27 minutes long) but you can never have enough Ryuko in my opinion. My only beef was that I initially wondered why Satsuki had long hair in the beginning but that was all thankfully resolved in the end :)
dankzelSep 12, 2014 6:20 PM
Sep 13, 2014 9:04 PM

Jun 2008
Still sucks balls that Satsuki cut her hair.

I'm going to pretend it never happened.

This was a decent way to say goodbye to all the characters I guess....

Sucks there will never be another KLK anime.
Sep 14, 2014 4:07 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm surprised they went for a proper epilogue instead of a swimsuit/slice of life kind of OVA. In any case, it was cool seeing some batshit stupid over the top KLK action. Not nearly on the same level of quality as the series though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 17, 2014 6:49 PM

Aug 2011
I didn't notice how much I needed this in my life until I watched it.

» Escapism.

Sep 19, 2014 1:08 AM

Dec 2008
After watching this episode manly tears have been shed.

bbBM said:
I forgot.
I forgot how good this show was.
I lost my way.

Thank you Based Trigger, for forcing me to remember.

^ +1
Sep 19, 2014 3:41 PM

Feb 2013
So sad that it's finally over. What a ride
Sep 20, 2014 9:26 PM

Dec 2011
That was a nice graduation episode, explains why Satsuki had her hair cut on the episode 24 epilogue.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2014 5:32 PM

Dec 2009
What a sendoff. Goodbye Kill la Kill, I'm going to miss you D:
Sep 22, 2014 9:17 PM

Sep 2013
Nice way to cap it all off :) 8/10

I knew Satsuki was worried about being a commoner, tch atleast she hasn't completely lowered herself to the level of the human pigs :(

Ragyo looking fabulous as always XD
Sep 23, 2014 8:45 AM

Jul 2010
Well there really wasn't any point in doing this, it was just a way to end the story in a sillier and more "fanservice" way, enjoyable nonetheless. Hope they won't make anything more after this, the final of the series was already satisfying.

Young Ragyou is still the best milf.
Sep 23, 2014 9:38 AM

Jan 2011
still nothing can stop Mako from doing her hallelujahs^^

i guess this episode is just to reward the disc buyers, still nice to see and very entertaining
Sep 28, 2014 2:18 AM

Jul 2008
Good episode, another episode is better than none :D
Oct 2, 2014 1:58 AM

Nov 2013
Wow great special but damn did it go by quick! Completely forgot how over the top and ridiculous this anime is!

Oct 2, 2014 12:31 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Well, that was a nice ending.

Oct 2, 2014 2:06 PM

May 2014
Haha now 0 chances of a season 2 with all this quoting

Good ending, i liked, just tough it was abit stupid to bring the scissor blade out of nowhere.
Oct 4, 2014 7:20 AM

Jul 2009
Hm I thought that Ryuuko would like to spend some time with her sister, but no, she decided to keep living with Mankanshoku family....
Oct 5, 2014 5:12 AM

Jun 2008
Now I understand why Satsuki had her hair cut in the final scene in Ep. 24.

That REALLY was a nice graduation!!
I had to join in on that final salute as well!!
Too Much ANIME......Not enough LIFETIME!!!!!!
Oct 11, 2014 5:00 AM

Nov 2013
Now this was a nice ending to an anime.
Those other forms of the characters reminded me of "secret dungeon" final bosses which you get from JRPGs, because of a different skin recolour - the ones that you face if you want an extra challenge. Like Duke from Tales of Vesperia, kinda cool if they actually meant to reference something like that.
Oct 15, 2014 11:34 PM

Aug 2010
This is one of those animes that I don't want to have a second season simply because it's already a masterpiece not that the original series is bad. Just seeing the characters one last time will really make me miss this series. From the title alone "One More Goodbye" I already had the feeling this will be the last and graduation ceremonies in any anime always puts a tear in my eye. When Satsuki did the salute it's like the final goodbye for the series and you just have to join in.

The OVA sums up everything, the characters, OSTs, animation, the action and atmosphere that is KILL LA KILL. 10/10. DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!
Oct 25, 2014 4:00 AM

Nov 2010
This was a nice epilogue on steriods
I liked the moving house, Mako's sillyness and her steak remark

Rei's flashback of Ragyou was more brutal than the aired one
A sinking closure with nothing more to add anymore
Oct 26, 2014 4:33 PM

Aug 2013
When the ''Don't lose you way'' kicked in, it gave me goosebumps'' :')

Well, this episode was just along the lines KlK followed. It was great, Matoi doing epic shit again, scissor getting even bigger than before, school being in fact a Gurren, Ragyo being arrogant as usual.

The jokes were good as always. ''I'm starting to get annoyed by that nasal voice'' was way too hilarious xD

Satsuki look great in her short hair, it was a nice final touching moment.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Specials Episode 2 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 22, 2017

20 by Streamy_Imp »»
Feb 1, 7:34 PM

» Second episode???

XavierSylfaen - Jun 1, 2017

23 by abystoma2 »»
Sep 9, 2020 10:54 PM

» Can anyone identify these songs? (anime OST)

BlueAlbatross - Jul 26, 2016

0 by BlueAlbatross »»
Jul 26, 2016 7:51 AM

» Can anyone indentify this music

Naesaku - Jun 29, 2016

2 by Naesaku »»
Jun 30, 2016 10:53 AM

» Why this special is labeled as 'sequel'?

bereta002 - Sep 20, 2014

2 by TheRipperMan »»
Oct 8, 2014 8:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.