Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 10 Discussion

Sep 4, 2014 4:54 PM

The feels and Haru got helped by evesdropping as well
Sousuke seems to be an easy read to Rin with a backgroundstory added
Relay match wasn't that interesting

Sep 4, 2014 7:49 PM

Now this is the kind of episode I needed to finally like Sousuke. Not some stupid pity for an injury.

I actually really enjoyed this episode. The conversations between Rin and Sousuke were nicely done, although I still feel they could've handled the drama a little better. It took too long for the reveal this time around. Rin is such a crybaby though omg

Young Kisumi <3

Sep 4, 2014 8:42 PM

Finally. Iwatobi won. Although that is because they did have the handicap, if it wasn't for Sousuke's injury, no way they would have won... anyways they still won!

I wonder what is going to happen now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 4, 2014 8:43 PM

Fiji said:
Finally. Iwatobi won. Although that is because they did have the handicap, if it wasn't for Sousuke's injury, no way they would have won... anyways they still won!

I wonder what is going to happen now.

If not for Rei being a terrible swimmer theyd have won nationals twice by now.

Sep 4, 2014 8:49 PM

Meh, wanted Samezuka to win

disappoint

Sep 5, 2014 10:52 AM

Hmm, it was obvious that Iwatobi would win. Well they deserved it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't rooting for Samezuka, esp. because Sousuke will quit. Still it was a very emotional episode, dem feels. T^T

Sep 5, 2014 12:08 PM
Finally - it took ten episodes to get me to like Sousuke. And here I thought that wouldn't have been possible! Props to the anime - season two has been consistently great. I still prefer the first one, but man, this is a proper sequel if there ever was one. And I still love seeing how much more mature and cool-headed Rin is this time around - I mean, actual character development in a KyoAni anime? If only K-On! and Lucky Star were this good in this respect...

Gosh, the feels... it's just too much for me to take sometimes. I found myself tearing up at the end of Rin and Sousuke's conversation outside. "Now it's your time to show us a sight we've never seen before." Wonderful callback.

Aaand, of course, I have to admit that I'm even more excited about the next episode, as a MakoHaru shipper... I seriously can't wait!

Man, only three episodes left? I'm going to miss this anime so much when it finally ends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 5, 2014 2:33 PM

Theodoricos said:
Finally - it took ten episodes to get me to like Sousuke. And here I thought that wouldn't have been possible! Props to the anime - season two has been consistently great. I still prefer the first one, but man, this is a proper sequel if there ever was one. And I still love seeing how much more mature and cool-headed Rin is this time around - I mean, actual character development in a KyoAni anime? If only K-On! and Lucky Star were this good in this respect...

Gosh, the feels... it's just too much for me to take sometimes. I found myself tearing up at the end of Rin and Sousuke's conversation outside. "Now it's your time to show us a sight we've never seen before." Wonderful callback.

Aaand, of course, I have to admit that I'm even more excited about the next episode, as a MakoHaru shipper... I seriously can't wait!

Man, only three episodes left? I'm going to miss this anime so much when it finally ends.

As a RinGou shipper, I need more scenes!!!

Sep 5, 2014 4:37 PM

I'm emotionally devastated. Seriously. Give me a break.

Sousuke FINALLY opens his heart and shows his true self. I'm melting. Free made me fall helplessly in love with Makoto, now with Sousuke too. I'm done.

I really think that Rin matured a lot this season and became way more likeable. True, he somtimes still shows his 'sharkself' but he's now way more considerable of others feelings. Such an amazing character development.

And next episode...I'm actually kinda curious what direction the writers will go to. I mean we know that the whole MakoHaru drama will be about Haru's future. But how do they want to make it so dramatic now, that all the cards of Haru's doubts were shown, I really don't know.

Plus after this episode I have to say something about the relationship. Yep we all think that the homosexual vibe this show gives us is only to tease us. BUT. I really can't pretend anymore that I don't see what I see. Because when it comes to Mako's feelings towards Haru I was sure about them since the beginning. And now I'm pretty sure about Sousuke's feelings towards Rin. Well yeah, it's only my opinion but still...KyoAni I think you should slow down a little if you don't actually plan on doing anything in this matter (and we all know that you don't).

Sep 5, 2014 5:02 PM
LOL no one really cares for sousuke...me either

Haru was awesome though.

Oh and Rin crying like a little baby.

Sep 5, 2014 8:16 PM

SO MUCH FEELS IN THIS EPISODE!
Emotions were being thrown all over the place. Heck, I almost cried.
The OST was just amazing in this episode. Dem flashbacks.

Despite Sousuke's shoulder being injured, Samezuka is still second place!
Haru used Sousuke as an example to help Iwatobi win!
The relay ended well, yet I think there will be still some conflicts left to solve.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.

Sep 6, 2014 4:36 AM

Sousuke OMG TwT

They were so precious in the past.

Sousuke saw the Team Relay Race in Season : 0

Dat race OMG T__________T

The Best Team Ever.

Sep 6, 2014 5:55 AM
Race of the season--I'm a little sad because I guess that's the ultimate race and, if there's any others after this, they won't be as epic.

Sousuke turned out to be super likable, but I never really got the hate for him in the first place. He never seemed particularly antagonistic except for that one scene earlier in the season with Haru, which now seems out of place considering he watched both Rin's 100m heat and the relay that healed him afterwards. His kid version was awesome as well.

I don't know if it's just me but I honestly thought Samezuka might win (and then maybe have to pull out afterwards to let Iwatobi proceed to nationals because of Sousuke's shoulder). I honestly had no idea how the race would go and was surprised that Iwatobi won. Damn it was awesome.

Also Rin's shout when Sousuke was struggling was amazing. Rin rules this season.

Sep 6, 2014 1:11 PM

Well, that was intense. o-o
Sousuke swimming with that badly injured shoulder? o-o
Damn.....that was harsh! D:

Some more information from the past....sou Sousuke was there during Rin's relay last year? o-o
Cool.....I suppose. :3

So moral of the episode: Training too hard gets you pain in a certain area. xD

Sep 6, 2014 8:38 PM

Wow, this episode. This episode. Sousuke's been my favorite character this season and especially his bond with Rin really resonated with me. Seeing how everything from S1 came full circle here and now for Sousuke was incredible. My eyes felt like they were swimming through their own relays as I could barely fight back the tears this episode. "I'm not crying" Wow Rin, that was just so...speechless.

This is the first time in a sports anime where I didn't want to see either team lose no matter what. What shocked me the most is how when the race ended, tears started gushing out both because I was tremendously happy for Iwatobi but also because it meant that one of them did end up losing.

Easily my favorite show of the summer, respect to Sousuke for hanging in there. Oh and I loved when the former captain shouted at the team to support Sousuke. All of these characters are remarkable.

Sep 7, 2014 6:01 AM

Samezuka should have won.

Sep 7, 2014 11:26 AM

I still wonder why they are not dating girls. They're like 17-18 years old, guys this age have their hormones playin, they should have all kids of swollen mushroom tip action going, at least thats what was happening with me that time, and the very first thing I did - is started dating and busting all kinds of nuts.
Also I refuse to believe that they're all gay. Harchan, I remember, said: "What dream? What future? I dont have all this." And I'm sure his last thoughts were: "All I want is to get laid already and move on."
Modified by EquestrianStatue, Sep 8, 2014 9:10 AM

Sep 8, 2014 10:21 AM

God damnit all that Sousuke x Rin and Rin's tears also that MakoxHaru preview. I can't take it anymore.

Sep 8, 2014 7:23 PM

1st place - it's about damn time!

Sep 9, 2014 6:19 AM
Best episode so far.
Souske swim scene was amazing.

Sep 10, 2014 3:43 PM

Noooo rin don't cry ;____;

Sep 11, 2014 8:20 AM

I feel kind of bad for wanting Rin's team to win the relay instead of the actual main 4.....esp because it was Sousuke's last race....

Sep 14, 2014 1:39 AM

It was a pretty good episode. I almost cried. :c

By the way.. anyone know the song or soundtrack which played during Sousuke told his story to Rin? :$
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
// Profile // Anime list // Manga list

Sep 16, 2014 2:22 PM
Sanji Fangirl

Still don't give a crap about you Sousuke.

Sep 18, 2014 12:03 PM
I don't like Sousuke. Why didn't he just go to a doctor before his shoulder broke down completely? I hate how 'going to a doctor and taking care of yourself for a few months for the sake of your future' always equals 'giving up' in the eyes of those characters -.-. When I'm an athlete and I sense some body part breaking down the first thing I do is go check it out, unless I'm like in the middle of a super important competition at the moment.
With that being the basis of the drama I just can't really feel sorry for him :/.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Sep 26, 2014 9:23 PM

Even after I took a break, the feel isn't coming back..

Samezuka would have won if Sousuke is in his top form.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Oct 2, 2014 5:31 PM

Great animation in the relay race. That was dramatic but quite good, though swimming with that bad of a messed up shoulder will just make it worse in the long run.

Oct 4, 2014 7:44 AM

Very nice episode, Sousuke's dream getting crushed was really sad to see, but at least he was able to enjoy the relay race for real.

Oct 8, 2014 6:44 AM
Hosoya narrating pretty good scripts with nice BGM + Intense relay with amazing animation and OST = Fucking awesome!!
Next time, don't fap too much, Sousuke. I wanted Samezuka to win, but I thought that it will be a tie, and then.....Iwatobi won, but oh well.
Looks like the remaining episodes will be emotional. I get emotional when it's about parting ways T^T
This episode is really touching and heartwarming~ I shall eat something.

Oct 12, 2014 4:19 PM

So much feels.

The anime is coming to an end soon :(

I dont want it to end ;(

Oct 18, 2014 9:36 PM

Holy fuck the melodrama. This episode had me rolling my eyes so hard I think I may need to upgrade my contacts prescription.

This is a classic case of writers trying to create drama, without actually writing anything dramatic or consequential. It ultimately ends up stupid and boring, not to mention cringe worthy. Somebody could have fucking died, and the level of angst and melodrama in this episode would still have been overblown.

This episode was a chore to watch. I stopped caring about what was actually happening, and was just looking forward to it being over. When I wasn't rolling my eyes or giggling at how hard it was trying, it was embarrassing to watch. I had to pause about every 20 seconds because I just couldn't take it. It made me self conscious to be an anime fan.

Dec 4, 2014 1:00 PM

Awww, Sousuke just wanted to swim with Rin again because of how he saw how happy it made Rin feel last summer doing the relay with Haru and all even though his shoulder is messed up! Awww!

Rin even cried! Awwww!!!!!!! <3

It made me cry! ;_______________________________;

So they all failed at their individual to qualify for nationals but Haru's team got in finally with their relay after winning!

But Rin didn't even care in the end because he enjoyed it! Awww!!!!

Such good episodes! It just shows how great friendship can be! That's why I adore this show! <3

Feb 20, 2015 4:08 AM
I was really moved during watching this episode. I almost cried. Sousuke's story was a bit dramatical, but his doing was just a plain rational need. But it was sad, sad and once again - sad. The cutest moment was when Rin was crying on Sousuke's shoulders. I hoped they will hug or something, but didn't happen. I know that Free is all about friendship thing, but... Wouldn't it be more natural to don't allow Sousuke to swim? Just anime...

Feb 20, 2015 5:38 AM

Ahhhh this episode was wonderful and filled with so many emotions! It made me cry, such wonderful friendships really touched my heart. I wanted a tie as well, but I'm so happy that Iwatobi won. All the boys are so precious, I want to hug them.

I don't want to finish this anime!!! ;_;

Mar 1, 2015 9:53 AM

I Want to know who is that one who won Backstroke and how he competes in nationals.. but sadly its impossible :(

Jul 23, 2015 3:01 AM

CDXX said:
I don't like Sousuke. Why didn't he just go to a doctor before his shoulder broke down completely? I hate how 'going to a doctor and taking care of yourself for a few months for the sake of your future' always equals 'giving up' in the eyes of those characters -.-. When I'm an athlete and I sense some body part breaking down the first thing I do is go check it out, unless I'm like in the middle of a super important competition at the moment.
With that being the basis of the drama I just can't really feel sorry for him :/.

This.
I'm sorry, I thought Sousuke was going to have some turn around to make me like him but I don't. At all. On top of this, he couldn't even be honest to Rin. Like, what was he going to do if they didn't notice? Just race for his own reasons and hold back the team? I get he wanted to swim with him again but... ugh. I just don't appreciate how he handled anything.

Sep 2, 2015 11:26 PM

This was the best Free episode I've seen. It was still stupid to let Sousuke swim though. Are they not allowed to substitute someone else in? Maybe it was too late?

Sep 7, 2015 10:49 AM

Honestly, why did I even miss this episode? I think I watched all except for episode 10! So that's why my question was still unanswered argh. Basically, this is the episode that explains about Sosouke's resolve.

Good thing I recommend this series to a friend and he mentioned about something I have no idea and it's on episode 10! Atleast I manage to watch it. Nice episode so faarr. No Rin dun cry :(

Sep 25, 2015 11:41 AM

This episode was awesome. I loved all the interaction with Rin ans Sousuke. I'm so sad that Sousuke won't be able to swim anymore.. And Rin cried for him.
...I ship them so much.. In the end of this episode I was just like "And now - KISS!" <33

Iwatobi won. I'm happy for them, but I think Samezuka would've won if Sousuke wouldn't have been injured so badly. But anyway, I'm happy for my boys.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Feb 14, 2016 12:13 AM

Rin finally found out about Sousuke's shoulder injury. I actually felt sympathy for Sousuke for once. I like him a bit more now. This is a pretty good episode overall.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”

Mar 19, 2016 8:42 PM

that preview...
by now, we all know free isn't an yaoi anime. but sometimes it surely teases us with that vibe.
fanservice. <3

May 2, 2016 9:35 AM

I'd love to see some yaoi between Sosuke and Rin even more now. Dream of mine. <3
But since that won't happen, I'd also like him to be with Gou.

Great episode. I just don't understand sports as much as I should. I mean, Haru, Nagisa and so on didn't win in the first round and they didn't make it to the finals. But then in the end they still had some swimming left do so against Rin's team. Then they won and make it to the finals. So I didn't really get that... First I thought these are two different rounds and since they won't the second one, they will be in the finals.
But Rin was always the best and the fastest one, so why didn't they win?

Sep 23, 2016 3:42 PM

Wasn't expecting to get any feels during this show, what an amazing episode.

Sep 13, 2017 2:08 PM

So ... Sousuke was basically in love with Rin this entire time right :P LOL! Backstory on what happened to him and why he was inspired by watching Rin ... I guess everyone was lol. Kind of a shame they lost, but it makes sense they would with his shoulder injury, even if the rest of their team may have had slightly faster times. Next episode we get a summer festival? :O Those are always fun. Plus I guess thinking about the future after swimming ... and they make it look like Makoto's going to confess his love to Haru too LOL XD

Nov 26, 2017 3:20 PM
Sousuke told Rin that he wants to be friends with him even though he'll quit swimming.
Sousuke still swam in that condition.
I'm happy that Iwatobi won the relay.

Oct 28, 2018 2:56 PM

This episode is so emotional. I think that Sousuke is not going to be able to swim anymore after this episode. Sadly, they lost.
Life has no meaning.

May 11, 9:07 PM

This was the development I needed to be fully convinced about Sousuke's character. I liked how his talk with Rin was handled. Not to mention that his background story was quite touching to hear as well.

Very good episode overall. Personally, I think Samezuka's drama is way better executed than Iwatobi's.

Jul 15, 7:42 AM

Saikono episode

So much feeling filled this episode with sad and joy, dream and hope.

I can really say this was the best.

next one seems like Makoto decides his future.

Oct 25, 4:59 PM

This was quite an emotional episode. It sounds like Sousuke's shoulder problem is permanent, but he toughed it out for the relay.

Iwatobi managed to win, but Samezuka is still proud of their effort.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]