Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 1, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2012
y123y said:
Another Shoujo romance cliche detected in this episode:

The two guys who appeared in this episode who were just acting like jerks for no apparent reason.

Is that necessarily bad though? I mean that specific case happens in real life -A LOT-
People can be really insecure

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Sep 1, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2014
Dude should have ran down the stairs to lock the door XD
Sep 1, 2014 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Futaba, Kou thinks the make up don't suit her and wiped her lip-gloss off.
Sep 1, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2010
-Resident- said:
GoMarcia said:

I think the voice suits a stoic person like him

Me too.
I know right? i think Kaji Yuki is doing great as Kou.

Tohka_Yatogami said:
Poor Futaba, Kou thinks the make up don't suit her and wiped her lip-gloss off.
I took it as ''stop wearing makeup, you look more beatuiful when you're natural'' tbh.I might be wrong tho? but yea anyways that was really weird.
incompleteAEGISSep 1, 2014 2:00 PM
Sep 1, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Kou does such embarrassing stuff that would be cringeworthy in real life. What guy would ever say makeup doesn't suit a girl in real life? Then proceed to wipe it off her lips with his finger? Was that jealousy earlier when he joined the group to study?
Sep 1, 2014 2:10 PM
Dec 2013
y123y said:
helloisabelle said:
Kou does such embarrassing stuff that would be cringeworthy in real life. What guy would ever say makeup doesn't suit a girl in real life? Then proceed to wipe it off her lips with his finger? Was that jealousy earlier when he joined the group to study?

Nah. I think Kou just joined the group because he gave up.

The one that might get jealous might be Murao at Makita because she had a conversation with Kou's brother. Look at Murao's reaction towards Makita when Makita told Kou that his brother is concerned.

Kou was jealous when he saw Kominato and Futaba talking together that's why Kou joined them and he said '' move over a little Kominato'' and pushed him to Murao. and Makita was sad because she knew that Kou was being jealous over Futaba and Kominato.
manganimelover1Sep 1, 2014 2:27 PM
Sep 1, 2014 2:12 PM
Dec 2013
y123y said:
Ladies, fill in the blank. If a guy took off your lipstick / lipgloss with his finger and told you to stop wearing make up, you would _______

It's not a good thing to do but that's not a reason to hate him. He has flaws but he will change for the better later on. He is just a jealous guy. He will have great character development.
manganimelover1Sep 1, 2014 2:17 PM
Sep 1, 2014 2:26 PM

Jan 2014
A little bit of a cliffhanger here. Even though is probably Futaba that misunderstood and inside that room nothing happened. Or better, nothing happened between those two. On the other hand Yuuri did nothing to reassure the atmosphere at all. Maybe consciously.
Sep 1, 2014 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder if Kou just thinks she looks attractive with the make-up and doesn't want other guys noticing it... I feel like I've seen that kind of reaction before in anime.

I'm dying to know what happened between Kou and Yuuri. I feel like she got turned down and probably just didn't want to talk about it so she wouldn't get upset... I don't know. If anyone reads the manga, do you know what chapter addresses that, if it's from the manga? I'm feeling a little impatient... ^_^'

I'm still upset the kitten has no home...

Still, a good episode. I continue to look forward to this anime every week.
Sep 1, 2014 2:51 PM

Jun 2014
The 'teach me sensei' part had me dying.

I don't think anything happened between Yuuri & Kou, I feel like he told her he isn't in love or something... I don't know why she was blushing though. I hope Shuuko & Tanaka ends up together, I found the way she was mad at Kou for upsetting Tanaka so cute.

Kyandesu said:
I wonder if Kou just thinks she looks attractive with the make-up and doesn't want other guys noticing it... I feel like I've seen that kind of reaction before in anime.

I felt that way too. Or he finds her prettier when she's all natural. It happens in so many romance anime.
Sep 1, 2014 3:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Dat Cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 1, 2014 3:10 PM

Mar 2009
Vexper said:
Am I the only one who thinks Kou's voice doesn't fit him? Keeps nagging me.

It's because Yuki Kaji is a terrible seiyuu. But hey, at least he's not whining and screaming like he always does.
Sep 1, 2014 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, one thing that made me giggle during this episode...

Kou TOTALLY had a Light Yagami "Take a potato chip... AND EAT IT" moment.
Sep 1, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2013
Kyandesu said:

Personally the "consomme flavour" did it for me, haha! ;)
Sep 1, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2014
Kyandesu said:

Now that you mention it that was hilarious.
Sep 1, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2012
babymimi said:

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Sep 1, 2014 3:46 PM

Mar 2012
Furaretaa..!! Kominato's character development is good too. Need to check the manga later.
Keep moving forward
Sep 1, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
sigh i wonder what happened at the end of that episode. im so nosy i cant sleep on it for a week. damn cliffhangers..
Sep 1, 2014 4:55 PM
Aug 2013
I just realized this, but why was Kou's door unlocked to begin with? Is it normal in Japan to not lock your doors when you're sleeping?
And when was Yuuri blushing? She just looked depressed to me.
And is it just me, or did Kou turn on the faucet at the exact moment before Yuuri could finish her sentence? I always have the feeling that Kou is very aware of what people are thinking and feeling around him, and I feel like he might have possibly been trying to stop Yuuri from finishing her sentence at that moment.
Sep 1, 2014 5:12 PM
Jul 2012
AHH this Anime is driving me insane! I cant get enough of it and to leave us in such a cliffhanger. *Heart Attack*

I have a feeling that Kou kissed Makita int he room, after she walked out of the room she had a little this little happy grin on her face, and when walking out she was blushed. IF she had been friend zoned as I truly wish I dont think she would have had that reaction.
Hopefully all is revealed in next weeks episode. :-)

I cant wait!!!!
Sep 1, 2014 5:13 PM
Jul 2013
RedT said:
who hopes yuuri got fiendzoned

Me.

Yoshioka team train ch00000 ch00000
Sep 1, 2014 5:14 PM
Jul 2013
Silvertide said:
I just realized this, but why was Kou's door unlocked to begin with? Is it normal in Japan to not lock your doors when you're sleeping?
And when was Yuuri blushing? She just looked depressed to me.
And is it just me, or did Kou turn on the faucet at the exact moment before Yuuri could finish her sentence? I always have the feeling that Kou is very aware of what people are thinking and feeling around him, and I feel like he might have possibly been trying to stop Yuuri from finishing her sentence at that moment.

Yes in Japan, they like to unlock their doors so people can come inside and help them study. That's the only reason.

===

It's an anime, who really does that, lol?
Sep 1, 2014 5:23 PM

Aug 2014
It was a nice episode, i wonder what happened between them two.
MALoween Mansion 2017

Main Candies:

Kabo-chan's Candies:

Sep 1, 2014 5:31 PM

Jul 2014
Kou made the best faces in this episode
Sep 1, 2014 5:38 PM

Jul 2013
things will start getting good now
Sep 1, 2014 5:40 PM

Mar 2014
Kou are you trying to destroy Futaba's heart or something? Because you're doing it well.
I just can't hold all these feels.
Sep 1, 2014 6:20 PM

Oct 2012
But Mabuchi, you should know that you can't wipe away lipstick like that. Finger magic? :D

And did Yuuri tell him she loves him or not? I actually loved that uneasy atmosphere when they were cleaning the glasses. I wonder what really happened down there as they were both in the same room.

She clearly looked left into second room, was shocked for some reason and only after that she turned to Mabuchi, who suddenly realized she saw what she shouldn't. Does he has Futaba photo in there by any chance? I bet Kou asked Yuuri to not tell her and gave her some explanation perhaps.
Sep 1, 2014 6:45 PM

Jan 2011
After the classroom notes and the makeup incident I think we can safely say that Yuuri has no chance whatsoever.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 1, 2014 6:48 PM

Oct 2013
xytech said:
Shaniyaz said:
Great episode. I wonder what Kou and Makita did in that room.. O.o
Of course, knowing Kou, he's not into those stuff but Makita's blushing made it look suspicious..

He's a straightforward guy, when he says they weren't doing anything chances are that's true. I'd guess Yuuri confessed and was turned down, considering her reaction to Futaba I'd say she had it "confirmed" that Kou was into her.

This is what I was thinking as well.

Man, even though this series kind of feels like a generic shoujo at this point, I clearly really enjoy generic shoujo because I loved this episode. It was so cute and lighthearted and... I dunno, it feels like nothing really happened, but sometimes nothing needs to happen.

Looking forward to the next episode!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 1, 2014 6:58 PM

Oct 2011
Makita got rejected???
Sep 1, 2014 7:15 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder what Yuuri saw in that room that stopped her in her tracks.
I have not read the manga, but judging from the general need in anime and other forms of entertainment to provide characters a quick and easy way of having greater depth and a tragic backstory (as well as knowing what traditional Japanese households keep in a room)...

Vexper said:
Am I the only one who thinks Kou's voice doesn't fit him? Keeps nagging me.

From what others have said, it seems like it.
I honestly didn't realize who the voice actor was initially and was surprised to find out it was Kaji Yuki.
Sep 1, 2014 7:37 PM
Mar 2013
Did they do the "do"???

That was pretty fast if I do say so myself.
Sep 1, 2014 8:21 PM

Nov 2013
-Akie said:
babymimi said:

Ditto XD Especially Futaba being like, "Oh god, I liked it... Am I a pervert!?"

Kou was just adorable this episode.

RedT said:
who hopes yuuri got fiendzoned

Me!
Sep 1, 2014 9:48 PM

Aug 2013
Teach me sensei! Haha XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 1, 2014 9:55 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't really like the way Yuuri was denying an obvious lie... Something did happen and hiding it from her best friend is something I think that does not suit Yuuri. I hope what happened in that closet was that either she asked Kou about Futaba or told him about how she felt about him. Hoping it isn't some 18+ content. Anyways. Nice episode... i guess~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 1, 2014 9:55 PM

Nov 2012
AHAHAHA!
'did he just say... a study meeting.. at my house? THE LOCK THE LOCK!"
Sep 1, 2014 10:08 PM

Jun 2013
NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR

I hope he boned Yuuri so hard that it makes her voice monotone for the rest of the show
Sep 1, 2014 10:50 PM

Aug 2012
Kou had some funny faces in this episode, wonder what happened there at the end.
Sep 2, 2014 12:09 AM

Nov 2013
god dam it what is yuuri and kou hiding
WHAT WERE THEY DOING IN THAT ROOM TOGETHER
:| why was she blushing when she got out that room
still loved the episode though <3_<3
Sep 2, 2014 1:57 AM

May 2013
OMG. Kou looks adorable when he is a child.

Drama next episode.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 2, 2014 2:00 AM

Sep 2013
Makita is really annoying. I want to stab her in the face.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 2, 2014 2:02 AM

Sep 2013
Kimono said:
She probably confessed to Kou and got rejected. And she wasnt blushing, she looks depressed if you ask me.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 2, 2014 2:30 AM

Sep 2013
Yep I think she sucked his DICK, lol jk. But anything could happen ;p

They need to stop with these cliff hangers. It's killing me

Also I'm not gay, but Little Kou was cute haha. I like cute and little things, I'm dead serious.

Sep 2, 2014 2:51 AM

Jan 2014
AsianKungFu said:
Kimono said:
She probably confessed to Kou and got rejected. And she wasnt blushing, she looks depressed if you ask me.

You sure? I think more embarassment.
Sep 2, 2014 3:09 AM

Jun 2014
-Akie said:
babymimi said:

*saves* *new home screen*
Sep 2, 2014 6:05 AM

May 2013
I like Kou's reaction to Futaba having make-up on. Pretty sly there Kou.
I wonder what Yuuri and Kou talked about? Probably about that interrupted question.
Sep 2, 2014 6:07 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode~!
Futaba blushing after Kou calls her sensei, and then wondering if that makes her a pervert was hilarious lmao
Also, Aya is amazing<3
Stark700 said:
Let's not forget Kou and his "OH SHIT" face:

lmao
Sep 2, 2014 6:10 AM
May 2013
the eyes never lies :">
[URL][/URL]
Sep 2, 2014 6:43 AM

Jul 2014
can't wait what will happen next, love this episode "hanging" ending o.0
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Sep 2, 2014 8:36 AM

Jan 2013
Honestly, Yuuri is pissing me off. I hope she gives up already.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.