Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 5, 2014 8:14 PM

Jun 2013
Oh man, the ending was built up really well for that cliff hanger. I'm not gonna rest well until next week when we (hopefully) find out what happened between Yuuri and Kou.
Sep 5, 2014 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
My god, I just watched episode one to nine in one night.. totally hooked! I don't usually watch shoujo, but this anime is great :D
Sep 5, 2014 9:13 PM

Apr 2014
It's a pretty slow episode, but I'm beginning to see this group of friends really come together. The competition between Yuuri and Futaba begins, and though I doubt either of them would instigate a massive argument or fight, there's definitely a bit of animosity between them. I would call it friendly rivalry, just for now, until we see more of this relationship development between Yuuri and Futaba. As for the rest of the group, it's nice to see that everyone considers each other friends [ Aya specifically said that he considers Kou to be a friend, which I think was a little surprising to Kou ] and that they can sit and laugh together. It's a far cry from the awkward relations between everyone in the first episodes when we saw them all together, with people reluctant to talk to each other.

Kou's statement about how he dislikes Futaba wearing makeup isn't something that surprised me; apparently some guys dislike girls who wear makeup. Actually, half the time I think that girls wear makeup to make themselves feel more confident than anything else, so that they can avoid a fear of being "judged by others, rather than trying to impress guys. Kou wiping the lipstick off of Futaba's mouth was a pretty bold move, though.

On another note, the animation seemed to be a bit worse this episode. It was bad enough for me to notice; I hope it'll be better in the next few episodes, because it was bothering me at certain points when I was watching it. Usually I only consider animation errors to be significant if I feel consciously annoyed by them. Please return to your usual style, Ao Haru!

Lastly, Kou seems to fear forming relationships with others. Relationships, in this case, can refer to friendships, romantic relationships, familial ties...Clearly something happened to him, and I don't think his heartbreak over Futaba in middle school covers the extent of why he doesn't want to care for anyone. We know something happened within his family, so maybe that might be revealed later on. He's also reluctant to be open to making new friends, it's more as though he accepted the other people in his friend group simply because Futaba was friends with them. I doubt he would have taken the initiative himself to make new friends. Ah, Kou, he needs to be more open. It appears as though he's built up some walls to prevent being hurt again, though.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Sep 6, 2014 7:04 AM

Jun 2012
Stark700 said:
Let's not forget Kou and his "OH SHIT" face:

that face was priceless

-Akie said:
babymimi said:
The 'teach me sensei' part had me dying.

^ I second this

he looked absolutely adorable with the bed hair xD
NemuriNezumiSep 6, 2014 7:13 AM

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 6, 2014 12:06 PM
Apr 2014
omg xD Kou's face when he realized they are coming to his house was priceless. It was so obvious it would happen but I didn't think this kind of scene would be that hilarious with this art-style :D

Well. I'm wondering how they solve the whole love-triangle thing. I'm surprised this was going well for so long. Expected more drama after Yuuri sent Futaba that mail.

edit: after reading a few comments => you really think something serious happened at the end? That wouldn't really fit the direction the show was going until now I think. Yuuri probably just confessed to Kou and he declined in some "rude" and/or direct way. Id' be tremendously surprised if more than that happened.
NanashiSep 6, 2014 12:11 PM
Sep 6, 2014 7:17 PM
Jul 2013
I think this was the best episode up until now
Sep 7, 2014 2:10 AM

Jun 2013
Holy shit that cliffhanger

good episode throughout, loved that note scene
Sep 7, 2014 1:03 PM

Oct 2013
StevenHu said:
I wonder what Yuuri saw in that room that stopped her in her tracks.
I have not read the manga, but judging from the general need in anime and other forms of entertainment to provide characters a quick and easy way of having greater depth and a tragic backstory (as well as knowing what traditional Japanese households keep in a room)...

That was my first thought too, and I was a little surprised when the next scene wasn't a shot of it. I haven't read the manga either but I'm guessing
Sep 7, 2014 8:20 PM

Dec 2007
Stark700 said:
Let's not forget Kou and his "OH SHIT" face:

i wish someone turns this to a gif so i can used as i please. xD

kou was prety perfect in this episode but makita (who i kinda liked till now) pulled a b*tch move now in the end, making futaba think something serious happened when i bet it did not!
Sep 8, 2014 1:16 PM

Jun 2012
There was still a potato on the floor at the end...
Im wondering if they kissed.
Sep 8, 2014 2:44 PM
Sep 2014
I have a feeling that's Makita went for a kiss with Kou and he rejected her!! The suspense! 💀
Sep 8, 2014 3:00 PM

Jun 2013
The ending to this episode was rather sad :/
Sep 10, 2014 9:41 AM

Oct 2009
Ugh Yuuri please.
This is such unneeded triangle, makes it annoying and slows the development between Kou and Futaba..might have to lower the score depending on how this goes ;_;
Sep 10, 2014 10:44 PM

Jun 2011
Kominato is my fave character in the series~!
Sep 13, 2014 12:32 AM

Dec 2013
Uggghhh....no

Only good part was the confrontation with the adv class guys and the associated reveal.
Sep 19, 2014 8:56 PM

Mar 2012
Good, Kou turned Yuuri down. Wouldn't want to label him as a perverted lolicon now do we.
Oct 3, 2014 4:31 AM

May 2010
Chips power!

Mizu power!

Potato power!
Oct 4, 2014 8:26 AM

Apr 2012
i love how little things can put so much stress on the love triangle thats going on. The innocence of the show is so heart-warming~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2014 1:12 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kou's face when he realizes that he's having people coming to his house xD

Not liking the ending. I feel like drama is going to unfold, and Yuuri's expression says it all.

Oct 13, 2014 2:53 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
RedT said:
who hopes yuuri got fiendzoned

I'm not the only one who wished such a bad thing? :l Jeez, she doesn't deserve to be friendzoned...but..but.... I SHIP FUTABA AND KOU.

Then again... oh shit..what if they kissed?????
Oct 22, 2014 7:38 AM

Jun 2013
Kou as a child is so fucking cute.
Oct 26, 2014 4:54 AM

Dec 2010
GoMarcia said:
Silver4000 said:
I love Kou's voice, it suits him perfectly.

He just swiped her makeup on a whim. What a straightforward guy, that's what makes the show good.
He's reaction to the study grou was funny.

And something clearly happened between Kou and Yuuri. I Wonder what it is.

+18 Mature content inside
This, lol.
Nov 5, 2014 3:45 AM
May 2012
That's not mean at all, actually. He is telling you that you look better without make-up, and yes, girls are better natural ;)
LOL, those 2 from the advanced classes looks stupid. Dafuq is up with that dude's teeth ahahaha. Kominato and his bromance <3
Awww, that flashback was cute~ Murao looks pretty <3
What the hell happened in the end?? Did Kou punish Yuuri for kicking the potatoes :3 ??
Nov 28, 2014 7:01 PM

Jul 2013
good episode. lol kou had a late reaction that they were coming over to his house to study
Jan 13, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, people aren't holding back at all when talking about their hate for Yuuri LOL. I don't really like her, but I don't really hate her either haha.

I'm surprised Kou just stood there and took all their shit. Glad Kominato did something though. I wonder if Yuuri confessed and got rejected. Or did she see something in the room that Kou didn't want her to see? Something he didn't want people to know about? They left a potato on the floor.
Jan 25, 2015 3:04 PM

Jan 2013
Definition of love in Yuuri's eyes: Borrow a CD. Return CD. Borrow more CDs.
Seriously though, what's with her and borrowing excessive amounts of CDs?? She sure does love Kou.

Kominato is a good friend.. pretty darn cool if you ask me
Feb 3, 2015 1:37 AM

Dec 2009
Ando- said:
Damn, people aren't holding back at all when talking about their hate for Yuuri LOL. I don't really like her, but I don't really hate her either haha.

I'm surprised Kou just stood there and took all their shit. Glad Kominato did something though. I wonder if Yuuri confessed and got rejected. Or did she see something in the room that Kou didn't want her to see? Something he didn't want people to know about? They left a potato on the floor.
Who brought potatoes anyway?

Makita isn't that bad, she seems so nice and I find it hard to hate her, but unfortunately she is making things awkward. Futaba cares about Kou on a whole other level compared to Makita which is the only reason Makita gets on my nerves.

Kou's reaction to the study group was great, he got to that lock just a little too late!

I also like seeing more of Kominato, he's pretty cool.
Mar 6, 2015 3:05 AM

Apr 2011
Whimsical-C said:
Kou's reaction to the study group was great, he got to that lock just a little too late!

My favorite scene throughout the entire anime so far.
Apr 3, 2015 10:08 AM

Mar 2015
they left one potato on the floor... kou please
Apr 28, 2015 7:34 PM

Jul 2013
That was really nice of Kominato. I think I would have react in the same way. I hat when someone speak bad about good friends.

All these Kou face expressions in this episode haha to good :D

Hmmm what did happen between Kou and Yuuri....I want to know it soooo bad >.<

May 8, 2015 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
Nice to see one of my favourite chapters in the manga get animated, I forgot how much I used to love the manga! The distorted faces really bother me though, so do the seiyu, it's too bad.
Sep 16, 2015 2:02 PM

May 2012
I wonder what happened back there! Really nice development, let's see what's next.
Dec 29, 2015 4:44 PM

Jan 2015
Probably found a diary where he wrote Futaba's name long ago.
Jun 25, 2016 11:17 PM

Feb 2015
Xynic said:
Makita is really annoying. I want to stab her in the face.

i literally want to do that to everyone. but ESPECIALLY to yoshi.
-----
if yuuri actually kissed kou, good for her, it's proof she's moving in faster than yoshi. yoshi is too freaking hesitant and slow, if it happened she sooo deserves it.
Jul 7, 2016 10:02 AM

Feb 2013
Holy shit, that one potato they left on the ground is bothering me so much.
Aug 16, 2016 6:57 PM

Feb 2016
Man I like Yuuri. I was debating who I wanted to ship until now. I'm glad he curved her. I still have love for Yuuri, but I just don't want her to be with Kou more than Futaba.

And I like Kou is a character. He's a cool character who has the portential to pull in the hoes, but instead he's loyal and has his eyes set on one girl
Jul 10, 2017 2:10 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Ohhh I hope nothing happened between them >,<

Jan 7, 2018 12:19 AM
Nov 2015
Looks like the midterm grades aren't going well for Kou. Those advanced class classmates of his are so arrogant. Kou was cute when he was still small with his onii-chan. Kou wiping Futaba's lip and telling her the make up didn't suit her was another cute scene. Kou's reaction on the group study was funny, but then something sparked up between him and Yuuri. Also, Futaba discovered that they were hiding something. I wonder what it is. On to the next episode!

Apr 1, 2018 4:15 PM

Apr 2018
This episode was so full of jealousy.
Mar 31, 2020 1:58 AM

Aug 2018
Yes it was full of jealous.
May 21, 2021 6:07 AM
Dec 2014
Yurris a terrible friend got rid of kou bc she was jealous then left and followed kou to get alone time. And blatantly lieing to her face saying nothing happen.
May 21, 2021 6:07 AM
Dec 2014
Yurris a terrible friend got rid of kou bc she was jealous then left and followed kou to get alone time. And blatantly lieing to her face saying nothing happen.
Jan 28, 2022 6:33 PM

Aug 2019
I think Yuuri asked him something for sure
Nov 3, 2022 12:42 PM

May 2020
For the love of god, please stop this LOVE TRIANGLE thing, STOP*bold red*

Also Yuuri made it so obvious something indeed happened but she still went with the normie approach, denying it outrightly lol.
Feb 7, 2023 12:47 PM
Feb 2021
The last scene felt very weird, good weird, cliff hanger weird, but it also made me feel the same sense of comfortability that, THAT scene in the last episode gave me. Which is, ew..., especially with Makita? However, if I already didn't like Komi until now, which I have liked him as a character for a while, this episode really solidified to me his strengths as a characters.
Feb 21, 2023 9:00 PM

Jan 2021
I didn't know that people hated Yuuri... why? I hate love triangles, but for this, rather than hate, I feel really bad for Yuuri. She's clearly one step behind Futaba because Futaba has known Kou since middle school, and Futaba also told Yuuri that they almost became a thing (but Kou suddenly changed schools). But even so, should Yuuri just give up and let go? She also has the right to get close to Kou, right? I seriously hate love triangles because there's bound to be one person who gets hurt, and I'll feel bad for them. If that person was a bad person maybe I wouldn't be so hurt, but Yuuri is such a sweet and nice girl... T----T

Sep 14, 2023 8:01 PM

Jan 2022
Uhhh wtf happened between those two?? Yuuri looks especially sus. I don't like how much of a cockblocker she was being during this episode. She got jealous that Kou was being flirty with Fubata so she had to step in and distract him in the only way she possibly could because that's all she can do. She definitely got rejected.
This never updates so that's cool
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.