Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Poor Tatsumi, Esdeath finally found her one true love. She putted a leash on him.

The members of Jaegers didn't seem that bad.

such an adorable couple and wait what not that bad?! you didnt see that crazy female?
Aug 31, 2014 12:24 PM

Apr 2014
I was really hoping that Bols' voice would be eerily similar to that of a man named Bane from Batman. Sadly I was disappointed.

And as many others have said. It's quite obvious that the Jaegers mirror the characters of Night Raid. I've never really liked Tatsumi, or his character design for that matter. I kind of wish Wave was in his place instead for some odd reason, even if they are technically the same.
Nop.
Aug 31, 2014 12:25 PM

Apr 2014
NeutralSide said:
Is it me or Esdeath's breat are more Larger here than the manga.Not that there's anything wrong with it.
Esdeath X Tatsumi Shipping hard but not so much after Chapter 51.There's a limit to idiocy.

Everyone got a chest boost going from the manga to the anime. The most noticeable one being Akame at the beginning of the series.

Poor Mine, still basically nothing.
Nop.
Aug 31, 2014 12:26 PM

Mar 2014
T3hSource said:
Tarheelram said:
He's giving his opinion chill out. And Wave and Tatsumi are very similar.
That's because Night Raid and Jaegers are eerily similar in terms of basic archetypes, just with different quirks applied to them.

Well, Esdesu HAIPUUUU!
And build up... that's it. Average as average can get, nothing really stands out and the competent directing and script would benefit if they actually took a bold leap and actually CHANGE things from the manga, and I don't mean just cutting content due to time restraints, I mean making the characters more interesting and give them much, much stronger characterization, as well as take liberty and make it more edgy, grimdark backgrounds would be nice.

Well currently in the manga the characters are better and that's only a few.. Wave especially is one of the best characters.. I still never saw the craze for Esdeath.. When I see characters like Tsukiyama and Hisoka I get attached but I was more attached to Seryuu than Esdeath

Now before I get jumped by Esdeath fans I never said she sucked.. Just not invested in her

On topic the episode was decent..

Jul 2012
Tatsumi got claimed fast as a belonging.

Great episode!!!

Aug 2014
BullSmit said:
I was really hoping that Bols' voice would be eerily similar to that of a man named Bane from Batman. Sadly I was disappointed.

And as many others have said. It's quite obvious that the Jaegers mirror the characters of Night Raid. I've never really liked Tatsumi, or his character design for that matter. I kind of wish Wave was in his place instead for some odd reason, even if they are technically the same.

i recommend you watch "corpse party tortured souls"
Aug 31, 2014 12:32 PM

Apr 2014
TheGrandSage23 said:

Well currently in the manga the characters are better and that's only a few.. Wave especially is one of the best characters.. I still never saw the craze for Esdeath.. When I see characters like Tsukiyama and Hisoka I get attached but I was more attached to Seryuu than Esdeath

Now before I get jumped by Esdeath fans I never said she sucked.. Just not invested in her

Likes Wave, Seryuu, doesn't care for Esdeath. You sound like me.

x22player22x said:

Added.
Nop.
Aug 31, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
[quote=Tokoya]
Vexper said:
Tokoya said:
All I saw was a failed attempt at trolling :)

I'm not sure that you're actually aware of what trolling is...

Tokoya, you should probably stop with whole they're trolling thing. Yes, Z4k is wrong and should have been paying better attention to the episode. But he wasn't trolling. He was just mistaken.
Aug 31, 2014 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
BullSmit said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

Likes Wave, Seryuu, doesn't care for Esdeath. You sound like me.

x22player22x said:

Added.

huzzah
Aug 31, 2014 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
Z4k said:

DUHHH I did and her list matches like every character in the series.

Such a thoughtless statement should render infeasable the possibility of an interesting debate, but since apparently the fanbase cannot defend this series the way it deserves I´ll pick the argumentation tab.

Z4k said:

First requirement "Must posses potential for a great future"
So why wasn't it Wave instead of Tatsumi? Both of them are pretty similar and he too has a potential for a great future. Both of them are equal in strength.

What Esdese means is that she wants her partner to have raw and undeveloped fighting potential. Hence, Wave fails to meet the very first criterion since he has been properly trained by his mentor to the point that his actual strength does not leave too much room for improvement. Esdese herself points this out in the next episode.

And there you go, since Wave cannot go past requirement one the rest are irrelevant. Even so, I do not agree with you in that Wave also meets the fifth criterion.

Tatsumi´s innocent smile is a sign of his immature and naïve personality, whereas Wave showed that he relies too much on appearances and even discriminated against Bors because of the latter´s look. Esdese felt attracted to Tatsumi´s momentary purity and her inner dominatrix feelings made her love surface. She wants to possess such purity completely and Wave has already lost that.

In addition, it has also been previously stated that Tatsumi is a natural Onee-san magnet so this was the most likely outcome and did not happen just because.
Aug 31, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
sigh, they didn't handle the flashback that well...."destroy the town" doesn't have as much impact as "violate the town until you're satisfied"...they chopped some of the in-town scenes too...
Aug 31, 2014 12:49 PM

Jun 2013
YES! YOSHIMASA HOSOYA! INSTANT WAVE FAN! I do hope he gets more development, since he seems to be the protag on the Jaeger's side.

I am digging Tatsumi's look during the tournament. It was simple, yet more ruggish and ragged compared to his usual white coat. It feels like it symbolises his maturity, how he is not so pure anymore.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 31, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
In contrast to the past few episodes this one was full of hilarity. The meeting of Esdeath's new group was a riot, especially Bols constantly staring at Wave and acting all shy.

I'm not sure why but I thought Esdeath would fall for Akame and go all Hisoka over wanting to sadistically ruin her. Tatsumi huh? She gave a whole new meaning to "putting a ring on it." Although now I wonder if this means he'll get 2 imperial arms and become stronger under Esdeath's sadistically affectionate guidance.
Aug 31, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2014
Hmm.
Wasn't Wave introduced in the series a little later? Can't remember. . . . .

Xway101 ~By me~
Aug 31, 2014 12:52 PM

Apr 2014
Bloodriver said:
Z4k said:

Such a thoughtless statement should render infeasable the possibility of an interesting debate, but since apparently the fanbase cannot defend this series the way it deserves I´ll pick the argumentation tab.

Z4k said:

So why wasn't it Wave instead of Tatsumi? Both of them are pretty similar and he too has a potential for a great future. Both of them are equal in strength.

What Esdese means is that she wants her partner to have raw and undeveloped fighting potential. Hence, Wave fails to meet the very first criterion since he has been properly trained by his mentor to the point that his actual strength does not leave too much room for improvement. Esdese herself points this out in the next episode.

And there you go, since Wave cannot go past requirement one the rest are irrelevant. Even so, I do not agree with you in that Wave also meets the fifth criterion.

Tatsumi´s innocent smile is a sign of his immature and naïve personality, whereas Wave showed that he relies too much on appearances and even discriminated against Bors because of the latter´s look. Esdese felt attracted to Tatsumi´s momentary purity and her inner dominatrix feelings made her love surface. She wants to possess such purity completely and Wave has already lost that.

In addition, it has also been previously stated that Tatsumi is a natural Onee-san magnet so this was the most likely outcome and did not happen just because.

Fair enough. I understand why esdese wants him but I still think the requirements were too convenient to make tatsumi the perfect man for her.
Aug 31, 2014 12:55 PM

Dec 2013
Maerow said:
I can't stand Esdeath.

Should I drop it ?

No, she dies next ep.
Aug 31, 2014 12:56 PM

Apr 2014
Esdeath looks gross in the anime. Her tits are WAY too big.
One of the sexiest characters in manga just became..meh.

HonguAug 31, 2014 12:59 PM
Aug 31, 2014 12:58 PM

Oct 2011
Maerow said:

And seriously..

This....Am I really the only one that actually got mad by the HUGE ENORMOUS boost that Esdeath got in her boobs?
I mean, she kinda have big boobs, but in the manga they actually look normal, in the anime it is as if they're gonna fall if she doesn't hold them, lol.

Aside from that, great episode, they adapted 2chapters in one episode fairly, maybe 1 or 2 scenes were cut but that doesn't make that much difference anyway.
Aug 31, 2014 12:58 PM

Oct 2013
Gehe that ending. I knew Esdese would fall in love with Tatsumi. I haven't even read the manga yet.

Can't wait for the next episode. XD
Aug 31, 2014 1:00 PM

Nov 2012
Moonchipz said:

that silicon is larger than lisa ann
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 31, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
You guys are getting furious at Edeaths' chest boost? Hahahahaha. What did you expect?
Nop.
Aug 31, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
LOL, Esdeath X Tatsumi. I want to know her reaction when she finds out he is in Night Raid. :o
Aug 31, 2014 1:03 PM

Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
This smile:

SO kawaii this show is so fun to watch can't wait for next ep.
Aug 31, 2014 1:03 PM

Mar 2014
Moonchipz said:

That bitch's tits are huge as fuck
Aug 31, 2014 1:07 PM

Feb 2014
Oh YEAH, Bors is here! My favourite guy in the series!
Aug 31, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2009
Maerow said:
I can't stand Esdeath.

Should I drop it ?

She becomes even more unbearable when she invents
Aug 31, 2014 1:11 PM

Feb 2014
peskylemur25 said:
so they animated up to chapter 17 page 2. I wonder how many chapters they will animated next week? 17 @ 18?

overall a great episode. To bad they removed one scene. oh tatsumi you should had run.

Which scene was that? I'm curious...
Aug 31, 2014 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
Symqn said:
Stark700 said:
This smile:

SO kawaii this show is so fun to watch can't wait for next ep.

I agree..She looks so innocent with that smile but not inside >.<
Oh who am I kidding please hug me Esdese.

Jul 2014
Z4k said:
Bloodriver said:

Fair enough. I understand why esdese wants him but I still think the requirements were too convenient to make tatsumi the perfect man for her.

Well yeah, of course. If the author is trying to get to the point of Esdeath falling in love with Tatsumi to create an interesting dynamic for the rest of the series then the author is going to make the requirements match Tatsumi perfectly.

Feb 2014
Humza_96 said:

The Preview- you lucky bastard Tatsumi. But he's going to do a Luffy and completely ignore the hot, partially nude women in front of him.

Hmmmm..... not entirely.... ;)
Aug 31, 2014 1:13 PM

Jul 2014
God the fan service is going to be strong next episode.. Not that I care.

Another solid episode where there is not much to comment about. Seems the introduction is finished and they're moving on towards the first arc - The appearance of the Jeagers.
I thoroughly enjoyed it throughout 'cos of the comedy. And I literally just noticed Jeagers are just a different character design of Night raid.. Meh I don't care.

Man I love sadists. Always entertain me :o.. Maybe cos I'm a masochist.
TyrelAug 31, 2014 6:17 PM
"Hi!"
Aug 31, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
Humza_96 said:

The Preview- you lucky bastard Tatsumi. But he's going to do a Luffy and completely ignore the hot, partially nude women in front of him.

Tatsumi's a B**** though.Wish he grows a pair already.
All dem girls are all over him and he's whining like a little F***.

Aug 31, 2014 1:17 PM

Feb 2014
Marzan said:
I've been waiting for that Esdese smile to be animated ever since I first heard this was going to be made into an anime. Love it! She might be a crazy, sadistic killer, but she has a naive sweet side to her that's hard to resist.

These are exactly my feelings haha.
Aug 31, 2014 1:18 PM
May 2014
wow, I was never convinced by the comical aspect of this show being blended in with the dark theme, but this episode did it! It's brilliant and refreshing!! If the show keeps this quality up, it will def get top marks from me. AgK has finally launched
Aug 31, 2014 1:21 PM

Nov 2012
NeutralSide said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

thats why wave > tatsumi
Aug 31, 2014 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
Moonchipz said:

Must have been freezing.

Jul 2014
Barion-Zara said:
Where do u guys watch this shit? HS and Nyaa are down T_T

http://www.anirena.com/

Jul 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
NeutralSide said:

thats why wave > tatsumi

Wave would make a better protagonist. He's a funny guy and actually has balls. He doesn't get a harem in his introduction as well (not that Tatsumi actually has one)
"Hi!"
Aug 31, 2014 1:27 PM

Feb 2014
za21 said:

Tokoya, you should probably stop with whole they're trolling thing. Yes, Z4k is wrong and should have been paying better attention to the episode. But he wasn't trolling. He was just mistaken.

Ya Tokoya, I like you man, but this guy speaks the truth. :/

Bloodriver said:
Z4k said:

Z4k said:

Thank you.

You nailed it.
Aug 31, 2014 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Raycee said:
Moonchipz said:

Must have been freezing.

In manga?Surely.

I have not read the manga,but I agree that her boobs are too big. It's not as bad as One Piece,still...bleh.
Aug 31, 2014 1:35 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
[quote=za21]
Tokoya said:
Vexper said:

I'm not sure that you're actually aware of what trolling is...

Read every single episode thread post of his then come back to me
TokoyaAug 31, 2014 1:42 PM
Aug 31, 2014 1:35 PM

Nov 2012
Mikatarukito said:

Wave would make a better protagonist. He's a funny guy and actually has balls. He doesn't get a harem in his introduction as well (not that Tatsumi actually has one)

yeah wave has balls unlike tatsumi. but what about rabac? does he have balls too?
Aug 31, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2011
BullSmit said:
You guys are getting furious at Edeaths' chest boost? Hahahahaha. What did you expect?

Just compare to what they did to Akame then to Esdeath...it's not even funny.
Akame got a little boost
Esdeath got a boost so big that her boobs are the same size of her head.

I really hope they'll fix that, otherwise how the fuck is someone supposed to feel some tension coming from a villain that looks like a porn star, the next episode is going to be a pain to watch...seriously.
Aug 31, 2014 1:37 PM
Apr 2014
Wave's monologue was amazing and i'm starting to like esdeath as a character.
I want to see next the next episode now!!! Jeagers in action :D:D
Aug 31, 2014 1:38 PM

Nov 2012
-ZET- said:
BullSmit said:

Akame got a little boost

I really hope they'll fix that, otherwise how the fuck is someone supposed to feel some tension coming from a villain that looks like a porn star, the next episode is going to be a pain to watch...seriously.

i feel tension whenever i watch lisa ann huge boobs porn
so it doesnt matter whether esdeath has normal boobs or not
Aug 31, 2014 1:39 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
za21 said:

Ya Tokoya, I like you man, but this guy speaks the truth. :/
Oh that last post was my final word to both of them

But I dunno if you have forgotten but he is apart of the weekly gang of "individuals" (To be more nicer about it :P) that has been blessing the Akame threads with their presence ever since episode 1, so I know this for certain...

There was only one of them that I actually liked but sadly he doesn't even post anymore :(
Aug 31, 2014 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
ninjastarforcex said:
-ZET- said:

Akame got a little boost

i feel tension whenever i watch lisa ann huge boobs porn
so it doesnt matter whether esdeath has normal boobs or not

I think he meant tension different from that in your pants.
Aug 31, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
Doesn't Esdeath looks different compared to the manga?
Great episode.
Kinda wish they would release the soundtrack of this anime faster. :c
Aug 31, 2014 1:42 PM

Mar 2014
My person thought that Tatsumi would get the scissors, because
in the opening, there's someone that looks like him with the scissors,
but probably, that won't be him because he got the Incursio.

Perverted Esdeath.
Aug 31, 2014 1:45 PM

Jun 2010
was expecting it to be tatsumi, but it's kinda fast for tatsumi to be captured lol
the preview,,,do what you want tatsumi xD
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

428 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 1, 8:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.