Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2014 7:50 AM

Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, Phantom really did turn into a trap, aha.

HaCha just went full suffering all of a sudden. Good episode. Phantom as a trap makes me go diamond somehow.

Also,
>makeup
Disgusting.
Aug 31, 2014 9:24 AM
Jun 2011
this was great fight this episode and next episode yuyu and phantom hugging?wow this will be intresting
Aug 31, 2014 2:55 PM
Jun 2011
i ship honey and phantom now after seen them hugging in the preview
Aug 31, 2014 10:23 PM
Sep 2007
As expected, Cure Mirage.
Sep 1, 2014 1:40 AM

May 2014
Best episode so far. now, people should stop complaining about Megumi being a Mana copy-cat, because this episode proved that she's nowhere as perfect as her.

These are priceless, We didn't see faces like these ever since Smile.
Sep 1, 2014 12:23 PM

Jun 2011
Ah, this is one of the reasons why I love Precure, seeing those faces of desperation, of no hope, and then lastly it takes the help of her friends to get her back on track, is one of the reasons I love Pretty Cure so much. It was nice to seeing those faces again, ever since Smile Pretty Cure.

Anyway I'm a bit iffy on the make up, but I do somewhat like the power up, though it would be nice if they changed cure forms, like in Heartcatch Precure
Sep 1, 2014 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
I now officially ship Yuko X Phantom.
Sep 1, 2014 3:29 PM

Oct 2011
AWESOME episode. Unlovely was so sadistic, breaking Megumi's mind like that! She really destroyed her psychologically!! It was so dark I couldn't even believe it.

On that note, this episode's tone felt really different compared to the previous ones. Does anyone know if someone new directed and/or wrote it? Even the animation looked different: the Precures' ribbon wings, for example, are much longer and in Cure Mirage's case don't look like wings at all but simply tendrils of light; also, while previous episodes have used the "Magical Skirt", making the skirts completely immobile even when the Cures' are upside down just to to hide their underwear, this episode actually made Lovely's skirt move, so we were able to see that she has huge puffy bloomers under her skirt. These are subtle differences, but they are noticeable.

Since I'm talking about things that have changed, I should mention the opening! I was skipping it as I usually do, but I noticed that some things were different, so I watched it from the beginning and they added a few things, Fortune's Form Changes in the mirror and a scene of the HapChaPre activating the Shining Make Dresser! Also, the still shot of the fan drawings after the preview and the Sponsors Message finally has Iona, Yuuko and the two Fairies!

Back to the episode, Blue suddenly and randomly remembers that he had used the Shining Make Dresser with Mirage (who I seriously didn't expect to have been a Precure) against a "great evil" that looks a lot like the gooey substance Phantom uses to trap Precures and to copy Lovely in this episode: it's obviously Deep Mirror who managed to survive and corrupt Mirage somehow.
The interesting thing is that Blue apparently has trouble remembering a few things... Why could that be? My theory is that he can't remember well either because he and Deep Mirror used to be one and they split (with DM being his Dark Half) or because Deep Mirror tampered with his memories.

By the way, this episode actually made me like Lovely a bit! She had some good character development, managing to overcome Phantom's mind games and defeating him.

Next week's episode looks interesting! I really would prefer if Iona was the one to help redeem Phantom because of their history (and also because it's been a long time since she's had the spotlight on her), but it's Yuuko. I wonder what will happen!
Sep 2, 2014 3:57 AM

Sep 2008
An unusually dark episode. Very nice. It's been a while since I've come across this kind of stuff (mostly with Slayers a long time ago), and Precure was the last place I expected to see it.

The makeup looks ugly but little kids do love dreaming about adults and makeup is one way for the kids to feel like grown-ups. Ok Toei, more bling to sell and I really think this Shining Dresser bling looks ugly. :P

There are also 5 emblems on the frame of the mirror. The 4 emblems clearly stood for the main 4, with their respective colours but what's with the 5th emblem at the bottom? Will there be a 5th cure?
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Sep 3, 2014 12:53 AM

Sep 2012
Hmmm... I'm beginning to think that Phantom is the son of Mirage and Blue now~~
Sep 3, 2014 1:35 AM

Apr 2012
Un-Lovely is pretty sexy.
Sep 5, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
Well Phantom has the power to turn into a girl. Kinda of odd, but still it's different.

This was a really good episode. It was very dark and the battle was pretty good to. I also love the look of fear in their eye's when their losing. It's made so well.

Never thought about Queen Mirage being a Precure, but she did know Blue and he has that power to make Precure's. So it works.

As for the dresser, it's alright. The cures just putting on make-up is an alright idea, but I see this just being the first attack they get before it evolves into something more powerful. Kinda like how Smile first group attack was Rainbow Healing and then evolved into Rainbow Burst which also gave them new outfits.
animedude1287Sep 5, 2014 2:56 PM
Sep 27, 2014 3:54 PM

Oct 2011
this was atrocious...

Phantom turning into a girl, well it can happen why not. just kind of weird.
but that fight was so weak - especially compared with ones from previous episodes. make-up thing is fine by me, maybe it should be shorter and girls shouldn't look like drunk clowns later but other than that ok.

now that teh drama. for me good Precure series doesn't need to do it. or at least spread for more than one episode. so we know that Megumi isn't perfect (if i recall she was fully aware of it too) so why that breakdown?
and all it needed to end were few words? not liking it at all.
Oct 6, 2014 9:42 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!! I'm finally back after a month of hiatus!!! Damn College!!!!!

Milky Rose!! She kinda looks different using Hapiness Charge art :P

First off what an episode to come back through! Lots of things revealed like Mirage being a Precure!?!?! Then again, Blue is a God so i guess he made her a Precure when they elope together at that time.

Unlovely is definitely unforgiving(no pun) as hell!! Yeah seeing Lovely being mind break like that was surprising, but then again they do it in other Precures so it's no surprising :P

I did lol'd at Phantom turning a girl, I actually thought he would summon something out of Lovely's shadow, but didn't expected Phantom himself!!

They finally showed Shining Make up Dresser's powers!! Precure Happiness Big Bang!!!

The fight was getting good, but it's a shame it ended too quickly. I really hope we get to see darker Precure in future episodes!! Dark Princess and Dark Fortune and Dark Honey please!!

Can't wait for the next episode!! It's good to be back on Precure!
Apr 9, 2017 5:59 PM

Nov 2012
Ooooh, this is a good episode! There's some nice fight choreography and- wait what.

So, does this mean precures who turn into girls when they transform are a confirmed thing in this universe? What would have happened in that shard hit a boy all those episodes ago, anyway?

Also, I'm glad we're finally getting more about Lovely's mother, AND we're subverting the "lol she sucks at school and is clumsy but who cares she's pure of heart!" trope. This series got pretty good in the writing department, even if the animation is still awful.
Mar 10, 2019 10:36 AM

Jul 2015
Amazing episode! The action was fantastic, the scene where Phantom became Cure Unlovely was so freaking good.

Looks like Lovely became the way she is after loving the praise she got for helping her sick mother, I can understand how well it feels to be thanked for what you do and as long as you just don't do it for the sake of that I think that this is perfectly fine, Megumi is a very kind girl and all her friends showed more than enough this episode how much they appreciate her, Hime getting angry at her for the depressing talk was so great.
Aug 1, 2021 12:00 PM
Feb 2018
Ryuu_Hou-ou said:

On that note, this episode's tone felt really different compared to the previous ones. Does anyone know if someone new directed and/or wrote it?

Not sure about the latter half but this episode didn't really surprise me. There were subtle dark moments even earlier on. The Precure Graveyard in particular stood out to me. Just the fact that many Cures (keep in mind they're humans with their own lives, family etc) lost their life and get trapped there forever (until freed probably in the future). Also Phantom Empire sealed Hime's parents.

NV2301 said:
An unusually dark episode. Very nice. It's been a while since I've come across this kind of stuff (mostly with Slayers a long time ago), and Precure was the last place I expected to see it.

Yeah it also caught me off guard when I watched Smile Precure and it had dark moments. Precure may be a kids show targeted at little girls but it isn't afraid to show scenes that are darker and more mature. Some people are reluctant to pick the series up because they think its all unicorns and rainbows, little do they know Precure has some really dark moments.

Sayoko said:
Un-Lovely is pretty sexy.

Yes lmao, he(?) is pretty hot. Found it unusual that instead of Phantom creating a dark version of Lovely like what Joker did to the Smile cures, he became the dark version of lovely. Wonder why they chose to go that route. Also Unlovely does resemble the BE Cures from Smile a fair bit, with the playful evil personality. Which makes it even sexier, gosh why do they do this on Phantom.

Yeah not really liking the make-up, glad I'm not the only one. It just looks... bad. Fight was rather underwhelming too, it had a good start with the psychological attacks and Phantom being really strong, but they got their power up too quickly.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 42 Discussion

NV2301 - Dec 2, 2014

10 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 16, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 10 Discussion

danz - Apr 5, 2014

30 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 5, 2023 9:22 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 36 Discussion

SamyAino - Oct 12, 2014

9 by Atsunome »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 24 Discussion

cjkira99 - Jul 13, 2014

19 by Atsunome »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 7 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 16, 2014

30 by Atsunome »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.