Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 26, 2010 10:34 AM

Jun 2010
Buggy and Luffy, epic duo.
Oct 28, 2010 12:11 PM

Feb 2010
The shanks thing was pretty nice. Shows how they used to roll in the old days.
Dec 21, 2010 11:14 AM

Oct 2009
Lol Hancock just keeps getting cuter ToT and stealing my heart ;_ ;
Yay Buggy's comeback, those 2 always are funny to watch x)

It would be great if we could see Crocodile again as well ^^
May 3, 2011 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
Buggy crew is reintroduced and.. Luffy and buggy make the greatest due. Things are looking interesting on the next episode.
ArtimesGamerMay 19, 2011 10:03 PM

Jun 15, 2011 12:13 PM

Jun 2009
Should have known that it wouldn't take long for Luffy to get spotted, but at least it kind of wasn't his fault.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 18, 2011 1:04 AM

May 2010
I hope Luffy keeps his promise haha At the pace they're at.. the whole prison will know where they are haha and I'm glad Buggy and Luffy are working together :-D
Oct 15, 2011 9:33 AM

Oct 2011
Impel down reminds me of Dante's Inferno in the Divine Comedy book (not really a comedy)... with the levels of hell and all.
Oct 18, 2011 12:02 AM

Apr 2009
Luffy... not cause an uproar? Oh that lasted all of five minutes, as expected.

One Piece has such characters. Buggy shows up after a couple hundred episodes and is just as hilarious as he was before. Forcing him to team up with Luffy is brilliant.
Feb 3, 2012 3:50 PM

Jan 2012
buggy looks so much better with long hair, it's like a reminder that he's human, not some clown puppet.
Aug 20, 2012 8:01 AM

Dec 2008
Buggy ftw.
Oct 25, 2012 1:01 PM

Jun 2011
When did A ri ga to became Ai shi te ru? xp
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 22, 2012 8:02 AM

Mar 2010
Buggy is annoying.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 8, 2012 2:02 PM

Oct 2010
Meh. For some reason this arc so far isn't giving me really huge expectations. Be it for the, so far, subpar introduction of new characters, the comeback of the Buggy crew (the previous episode with them was so cringeworthy with those attempts at comedy with the lion), the setting, which doesn't really give nice feelings, and the fact that I miss A LOT the Straw Hats interaction. In fact I enjoyed more the individual adventures of the crew than Luffy's ride through the Impel Down so far. The only thing that saves this from being dull is Boa Hancock's love bursts, and they were starting to get old. I hope it will get better as the thing advances but I'm enjoying this less than I thought.
Aug 22, 2013 4:04 PM

Apr 2012
Kind of happy that Buggy is back, he seems more likable than he was before.
If this much commotion is being caused with Luffy in the first floor, then the next four floors are gonna be one hell of a hoot~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2013 3:26 PM

May 2012
I like Buggy's prison look. A little more delusion from Hancock was really funny, poor Luffy is so oblivious.

Buggy should have taken a few prisoners with him as decoys at least. But his taunting of the prisoners was still great.
Jan 30, 2014 5:05 PM

Dec 2012
mirichan00 said:
I loved the dynamic between him and Luffy. It was damn right hilarious. Also, that slight comparison with Shanks was nice.

this^ I love those two together :) And of course that is because Buggy used to be friends with Shanks and Luffy looks like him a lot :) Nice moment! I hope Buggy will help him rescue Ace. It's nice to see a familiar face at this hell...
Feb 10, 2014 2:42 PM

Aug 2013
I miss Buggy's old voice. :(
Oct 2, 2014 11:11 PM

Jan 2014
Captain Buggy!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 5, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2013
Long time no see Buggy.

Jun 13, 2015 4:57 AM

Jun 2015
Hancock was hilarious xDD
Aug 29, 2015 6:46 AM
Sep 2014
"I love you!". Lol.
May 26, 2016 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
The return of Captain Buggy, and it sounds like Crocodile is held up in Impel down as well, cant wait to see how Luffy will react to meeting him again.
Jul 26, 2016 8:55 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see Buggy again, he was always one of the more funny villains and least annoying for me
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 29, 2016 5:01 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I still can t stand buggy .___.

Mar 17, 2017 10:13 AM

May 2014
Ah, Buggy is back!
Looks like Luffy is gonna drag him right down to the fifth level of Hell with him lol

So if they're taking Hancock all the way down to level 5, does that mean she's gonna see Ace before Luffy?

Also cannot wait to see Crocodile again after what, about 300 episodes?!!
He was one of the only things I liked about Alabasta, so I'll be happy to have him back again and hopefully see him escape Impel Down.

Boy oh boy, I bet Luffy's bounty is gonna go up again after this...especially if criminals end up escaping bc of him XD
Strawberrycake48Mar 17, 2017 10:16 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2017 4:24 PM

Jun 2015
Luffy is gonna be the ruin of Hancock
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 1, 2017 12:06 PM
Sep 2007
xfero said:
I miss Buggy's old voice. :(
He was always voiced by the same voice actor.
Dec 9, 2018 5:34 PM

Jul 2016
BUGGY!!!! YAHOO!!!
Feb 23, 2019 1:44 AM

Jun 2016
This is so much fun! The flow of this arc has been so natural and unpredictable yet it's been constantly exciting and interesting. It's impressive. From the use of Love Love beam to freeze and memory wipe the guard and the snail-camera, to the way Luffy used the Vivre card to get the super easy instructions of "go down" and followed suit, as well as how we constantly saw Buggy just behind Luffy and how he caught up due to Luffy stopping to speak with the prisoners. I totally hadn't thought Hancock's power through to be so useful so that took me by surprise. And it's such a blast to naturally get reacquainted with some old faces!

It actually reminds me of the underwater cavern in Dragon Ball with

The way Luffy took some time to remember who Buggy was reminded us of just how long its been since they've seen each other last and the fact that Luffy just treated him as "it's just Buggy" made me laugh so hard. It's like he sees him as mosquito or something, a small nuisance he's accepting having to deal with sometimes.

The most interesting part for me was how quickly they decided to work together. The bigger enemy the World Government is enough to band together normally rivaling pirates! Further, to decide to help and fight he was reaffirmed by Luffy and he mentioned how he saw Shanks, his long time friend, in him. Of course he would, Luffy takes after him so far as he even wears Shanks hat. It made me think Buggy's feeling towards Luffy may be deeply rooted in his feelings towards Shanks and that makes me fascinated in watching their first interactions again, like that time he stepped on the straw hat knowing it was Shanks hat. Now that we know so much more about him it should be illuminating! There's something beautiful about Buggy teaming up with his old companions successor.

The way this arc flows is so wonderful and unlike anything seen before in One Piece. It's exactly what I've wanted Oda to experiment doing(even though I think shades of it can be seen being toyed with in Water 7 and Thriller Bark)! Totally free flowing and organically branching without clear plot beats and many agents at play. We had the anti-climax subverting the Fishman island expectations and sending all the Straw Hats away torn into becoming a catch back up with your friends arc and after exploring a fun new cast and island torn yet again into a solo save Ace arc with an unexpected companion. There’s no clear, “this is the Sanji fight, this is the Zoro fight, etc”, and there’s no clear, “okay this is the bad guy and Luffy will have to get stuck so he can’t fight him until the end and then he barely wins” thing going on. The only thing we can say for sure is he may save Ace, but with how cruel One Piece has been recently I'm not sure if I can even say that. And imo we haven’t been able to get a good grip on this at all ever since we arrived at Sabaody. Yet we’ve had Ace foreshadowing and even Buggy foreshadowing and reason to understand why everything has happened and why they are happening, like my first paragraph said the flow is so believable and exciting all while refusing to be formulaic. It’s literally what I wanted since the start of One Piece when I noticed the recurrent structure patterns. I wanted the villain to be someone who they had to beat with smarts, I wanted someone other than Luffy to take down the main villain, I wanted someone else to fight the swordsman villain, I wanted to not predict every major plot beat the second the main playing field was established, and you know what, even that isn’t established yet. Structure has a great place in shounen, if all arcs were like this it could get exhausting and some things should be how they seem, but after so many that were this is ultra refreshing. I think Water 7 and Thriller Bark did totally subvert expectations (swapping fights, wildcards like Kuma and Monster Chopper, an anti-climax after the win) but I think this is where it’s truly blossoming! Even if it becomes more predictable later this was a great treat and break from what we've come to expect.

Going off of that, with how far away Luffy's crew is I'm worried about how this is going to end up. It cannot go smoothly for sure. No one was there to give Luffy a better plan or plan around his charge headfirst and deal with the consequences later attitude. And there's no way, no matter how strong the idiots Buggy and Luffy are, that they can get Ace and break out on their own. Plus Buggy doesn't have to go that far either unless he believes he needs Luffy to get out, which is somewhat reasonable to be fair. Perhaps they'll get in a really bad spot and will only be saved by Whitebeard creating an even bigger ruckus and taking the focus off of Buggy and Luffy. That or Luffy could get caught and this could turn into a "save Luffy" arc instead, hehehe. The fodder enemies here can take down a sea king with axes like its nothing so they are to be feared but I assume much greater foes lie in the biggest and strongest prison ever, these guys are just to catch escapees.. I do think they could have a fair shot if they prison break the Warlords to help alongside them and catch back up with Hancock though. SERIOUSLY, JUST PREDICTING WHAT THE HELL COULD HAPPEN GETS ME SO EXCITED! IMPEL DOWN IS GREAT!! LOOK AT ALL THE POSSIBILITIES AND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO COULD GET INVOLVED! Normally I love One Piece despite its predictability but man, Summit War has not disappointed in a single way yet.

P.S. I wanted to say this last time but I can never fit it in properly. I like how Momonga is shown to be disgusted with how horribly they treat the prisoners here time and time again and I liked the little characterizing moment this time where Hancock's vulnerability actually broke through his defenses and made him blush. :D He's one cool guy and he's likable as heck to me.
Aug 14, 2020 11:23 AM

May 2016
Hancock fawning over Luffy after he finally said her name properly and seeing him mouth "I love you" despite it being a misunderstanding was too much adorableness for my heart~ If there's one person I'd love to see Luffy with once he becomes the Pirate King, it'd definitely be her!

Impel Down's gonna be Luffy's biggest challenge yet and he'll need all the help he can get if he wants to reach Ace. Buggy's the first one to lend a hand and it looks like they're really meant to fight together instead of each other!

Aug 20, 2020 7:19 PM

May 2020
Buggy looks completely different without his hat lol.

ALSO I TOTALLY PREDICTED THEY WE'RE GONNA FIGHT ALONGSIDE ONE ANOTHER
I'm excited to see the next episode!
Sep 22, 2020 4:13 AM

Dec 2007
and the buggy return! i'm not huge fun but he's going to be a good source of comedy.

funny also how they'r ways combined along the way while luffy wasn't even under suspicion.

wonder what the arc going to to tell us from now...
May 23, 2021 9:53 PM
May 2012
Prison break time! Going to be a blast.
May 28, 2021 2:42 AM

Jun 2019
The reunion between them is funny. LOL
Apr 26, 2022 6:14 AM

Oct 2020
Nice to see Buggy again after a while.
Also i know this is suppose to be a prison for the worst of the worst, but damn those screams you hear from the cells give me chills.
Jun 19, 2022 4:17 AM

Jan 2021
Buggy used to be on Roger’s ship and he’s old friends with Shank’s and look how Shanks turned out I actually want Buggy to succeed as a pirate you know what I mean
Aug 13, 2022 3:34 PM

Dec 2018
this show has become so bad, that people should be publicly executed
Aug 27, 2022 1:03 PM

Apr 2018
LOL Hancock mistakenly took Luffy's words as 'I love you' xD
Jan 29, 2023 5:06 AM
Feb 2022
Buggy es un personaje que nunca pensas que valla a estar en gran parte de la historia, pero que de alguna forma gana importancia con el tiempo. Se ve mas fuerte con el tiempo que paso en la cárcel.
Jun 11, 2023 1:48 AM
Oct 2019
Hancock stop moaning 😂

Luffy and Buggy teaming up?
Never see it coming.
Jul 7, 2023 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
I love how Buggy shows up every now and then in unexpected places. I think the rivalry between them is great and they make a funny duo. Also this ties up the mystery a few episodes back of why Buggy was in the newspaper.
removed-userJul 7, 2023 6:56 AM
Sep 22, 2023 1:57 AM

May 2021
Man Boa is soo cute . I really like her!!!
Jan 25, 8:05 AM

Oct 2019
I love Buggy's and Luffy's dynamic <3

I'm also really enjoying this arc so far! Very excited to see what's going to happen next ^^
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 399 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faded_Star - Feb 14, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 26, 2009

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.