Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2014 4:13 PM

Feb 2013
unitedkingdom97 said:
NTAD is making a good point about the list lengths. I mean when you compare this
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/unitedkingdom97 to his list. Its obvious that there is a lot more to fix than on my own list.
Naaaah, a better example would be this punk right here. Imagine what his looked like when it first started happening.

I noticed that it seemed like the majority of anime targeted were newer and more popular entries. As much as I hate to admit it, the top three on my favorite list didn't get touched, yet the bottom two did. SSJMaster has shit taste in anime :<
Sep 1, 2014 4:19 PM

Oct 2009
NTAD said:
SSJMaster has shit taste in anime :<

You'd better not bad-mouth him, unless you want to be targeted next
Sep 1, 2014 4:35 PM

Feb 2013
Serhiyko said:
NTAD said:
SSJMaster has shit taste in anime :<

You'd better not bad-mouth him, unless you want to be targeted next
I think he'd probably agree with me though.
Sep 1, 2014 4:39 PM
Jul 2014
Sorry had to do this

Sep 1, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2010
Hm... so I assume the anime titles, description, episdoes etc will be returned back from some backup log.

As far as I get - I will lose the X/Y watched numeber on anime I havn't finished. (good I don't keep much of them at that).

So after moderators fix the thing, what else will I lose and will have to restore on my own?
Sep 1, 2014 4:47 PM

Jan 2009
NTAD said:
neonie said:
Until then I'll be watching all 27,003 episodes of Nanoha. Cheers.
I just did that (again) a few days ago. Never gets old.

Nice, and I'm currently watching it, too. ^^
Still have 26998 episodes left. If I keep going at 2 episodes per day, I'll finish it in 13499 days or almost 37 years. I'm going to be an old man by the time I'm through this. xD
And then there's still Cardcaptor Sakura for me to watch someday. Hopefully, I'll live long enough for it. D:
Sep 1, 2014 4:49 PM

Feb 2013
Noboru said:
NTAD said:
I just did that (again) a few days ago. Never gets old.

Nice, and I'm currently watching it, too. ^^
Still have 26998 episodes left. If I keep going at 2 episodes per day, I'll finish it in 13499 days or almost 37 years. I'm going to be an old man by the time I'm through this. xD
And then there's still Cardcaptor Sakura for me to watch someday. Hopefully, I'll live long enough for it. D:
The path of the Mahou Shoujo is an arduous one. Stay the course and you'll sparkle like me some day.
Sep 1, 2014 4:54 PM

Jan 2009
NTAD said:
Noboru said:
The path of the Mahou Shoujo is an arduous one. Stay the course and you'll sparkle like me some day.

Well, in all likelihood, I'm going to become a wizard by the time everything's either fixed or I'm through. xD
NoboruSep 1, 2014 5:04 PM
Sep 1, 2014 5:01 PM
Oct 2013
So when's the fix going down
Sep 1, 2014 5:01 PM

Mar 2014
Whiterock said:
Hm... so I assume the anime titles, description, episdoes etc will be returned back from some backup log.

As far as I get - I will lose the X/Y watched numeber on anime I havn't finished. (good I don't keep much of them at that).

So after moderators fix the thing, what else will I lose and will have to restore on my own?

From what I understand, your actual number of watched episodes should not be affected even when they restore the site fully. The only thing affected should be the total episode count of the given anime.
Click the pic for sheer awesomeness! If you feel like it...
Sep 1, 2014 5:20 PM
Dec 2013
Looks like it's going to take all week to fix everything. But I can see that some progress has been made, so that's good.
Sep 1, 2014 5:22 PM

Sep 2013
I get what happened, but I'm still at a loss why I went from 68,5 days to 26,2... I hope it get's fixed soon though!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2014
So I decided to start updating my MAL thinking my stats wouldn't be affected due to the hack recently. My anime stats went from 30.8 days to 7.9.. fuck.
"I'm not being arrogant. It’s just that after being barked at by so many ill bred dogs, every now and then I take a kick at one, for the dog’s own good." - Reinhard Von Lonhengramm
Sep 1, 2014 5:26 PM

Jun 2014
Qreatix said:
I get what happened, but I'm still at a loss why I went from 68,5 days to 26,2... I hope it get's fixed soon though!

This just happened to me, I think its because all the titles that have been changed to 9001 episodes count as like 0.. so everything you completed that was changed acts as 0.. thats my theory.
"I'm not being arrogant. It’s just that after being barked at by so many ill bred dogs, every now and then I take a kick at one, for the dog’s own good." - Reinhard Von Lonhengramm
Sep 1, 2014 5:27 PM

Feb 2013
For those of you wondering about your days watched shrinking, you might want to take a look at the entries on your list and scroll down to the series information box. You'll notice a lot of them say "Duration: Unknown" right now. That would be your answer. The episode count doesn't matter because each episode's run time is unknown.

As long as you don't update your list, you'll be okay. Otherwise, just sit back and be patient. I haven't touched mine since everything went down and it has remained the same.
Sep 1, 2014 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
If you watched an affected anime then your stats took a hit. I lost a hell of a lot of days off my total watch time. Not happy about it.

It also stinks that the affected entries have had their net rated score affected as well. Easy example would be FMA:Brotherhood which is no longer on the top list and has a whopping 176 user scores compared to the thousands it had prior to this.

I already exported my list just incase all hell crashes so I can restore it myself bc I can't remember all this stuff I've watched if it gets wiped.
IZEROIISep 1, 2014 5:33 PM
Sep 1, 2014 5:30 PM

Jun 2014
NTAD said:
For those of you wondering about your days watched shrinking, you might want to take a look at the entries on your list and scroll down to the series information box. You'll notice a lot of them say "Duration: Unknown" right now. That would be your answer. The episode count doesn't matter because each episode's run time is unknown.

As long as you don't update your list, you'll be okay. Otherwise, just sit back and be patient. I haven't touched mine since everything went down and it has remained the same.

Thats what I thought, thats why I didn't update anything, but someone told me it would be fine.. guess they were wrong. W.e.. as long as it eventually gets fixed, im fine with that.
Sep 1, 2014 5:32 PM

Mar 2014
Yasin-Sukarieh said:
Qreatix said:

This just happened to me, I think its because all the titles that have been changed to 9001 episodes count as like 0.. so everything you completed that was changed acts as 0.. thats my theory.

That is what is happening. It should return to normal when everything else does, everyones page is like that right now including mine.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/unitedkingdom97

mine went from 42 to 10
Sep 1, 2014 5:35 PM

Jun 2014
unitedkingdom97 said:
Yasin-Sukarieh said:

That is what is happening. It should return to normal when everything else does, everyones page is like that right now including mine.

mine went from 42 to 10

Yeah as long as it eventually gets fixed, I'm ok with that.
Sep 1, 2014 5:54 PM

Jul 2014
For me, most of the titles are restored, its the ep # that's still effed up.
Sep 1, 2014 5:59 PM

Jun 2012
Lol most of the hentai on my list still have messed up titles.
Stop neglecting the hentai pls.
Sep 1, 2014 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
Prepare yourself for another 9001 action-packed episodes oozing with epicness!

thats what it still says on anything with 9001 epsidoes
Sep 1, 2014 6:11 PM
Jan 2008
I still see SSJMASTER VS XINIL all over the damn place.
Sep 1, 2014 6:12 PM

Mar 2012
My best guess is the delay is due to the holiday weekend here in the US, and Crave possibly being the only ones with access to the database backups.

NTAD said:

Btw, anyone who is versed in DB management is free to correct me if I'm wrong. My specialty is hardware.

If the database is set up properly (and that's assuming a LOT), re-building the master title and episode tables only from a backup should clean up most of the damage. Most database products have some kind of update method (T-SQL's merge, MySQL's Insert Update, PostgreSQL's update) that can be used to fix the tables. Unless there is a lot of damage, there should be no need to do a complete restore. The fact that individual user's records are intact means that the damage isn't too severe.

(Heck, I was just doing the exact thing for a fix on a client project earlier today!)
Developer, sysadmin, and anime addict.
Have an Android smartphone? Try Atarashii!
Sep 1, 2014 6:13 PM
Jul 2010
Well some of titles on my list are still named as "SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles! Season 2" but from what I see most of them are an old anime series which I was watching when I was a little kid.
Sep 1, 2014 6:16 PM

Sep 2013
What about FMA Brotherhood? The score seems to had been reset, will it return to the highest ranking spot?
Sep 1, 2014 6:18 PM

Nov 2013
Just when NGNL was at last going back to the second page.

Curse you hacker !
Sep 1, 2014 6:34 PM
Jan 2010
still have around 200+ messed anime, but just around 50 changed title.

Good luck guys, still have a lot to do
Sep 1, 2014 6:44 PM

Jun 2008
Forgive me for not reading many of the previous posts (since there's over 54 pages already), but I'm also getting "SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles! Season 2", yet some of my tags that I applied are showing up in those titles.

Example, the movie sequel to Transformers Beast Wars Second is showing that title, and if I go the the anime information screen for the TV series, the sequel is also listed as the above mentioned title. Will our lists be fixed, or will we end up having to delete all the incorrect titles and re-etntering them back in ourselves (because I may have forgotten what was there)?
Sep 1, 2014 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
yeslelno123 said:
What about FMA Brotherhood? The score seems to had been reset, will it return to the highest ranking spot?

It probably will when things are settled down and fixed.

surfsushi said:
Kinda scared
Don't wanna have my account deleted. :/

It seems safe for now, but you can always make a backup of your list at http://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=export. You can back up your anime and manga lists there if you track both. When you make a change on your list, download a new backup or wait until you have a few changes before doing it.
Sep 1, 2014 6:51 PM
Jun 2009
Just do a rollback ffs, why you'd be going through and changing them one by one I have no idea.
Sep 1, 2014 6:56 PM

Mar 2012
Captain_GARlock said:
Just do a rollback ffs, why you'd be going through and changing them one by one I have no idea.

See my previous comment. It is likely that Crave's employees are the only ones with access to the backups. It's a holiday weekend in the US (Labor Day), and Crave basically neglects this site as it is, so I don't expect any major movement on fixes until later this week.

My comments are based on my impressions of how long other things have gone unfixed and a good amount of speculation, so take them as you will.
Sep 1, 2014 7:24 PM

May 2008
both Nyaa Torrents and Horriblesubs are down due to DDoS attack.

MAL getting hacked again.

obviously satan responsible for killing anime. reject satan.
Sep 1, 2014 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
Was wondering why Yu Yu Hakusho had 9001 episodes eheh
Sep 1, 2014 7:34 PM

Oct 2012
Psyche_Izaya said:
obviously Satan responsible for killing anime. reject satan.

Implying God allows you to watch fanservice.
All Hail Satan for evil thoughts.

Though it's kinda annoying that SSJ changed almost all of the ones I was about to watch/re-watch...
Stalking 101 - Protect the ones you love from afar.
I'm always prepared to die but I will never be prepared to loose!
Sep 1, 2014 7:45 PM

Mar 2014
Yasin-Sukarieh said:
unitedkingdom97 said:

mine went from 42 to 10

Yeah as long as it eventually gets fixed, I'm ok with that.

I think the site is starting to get back in order but its probably going to take a while since they most likely won't do a roll back.
Sep 1, 2014 7:47 PM

Aug 2014
My Anime List get SSjMaster vs Xinil. Some of my anime get 9001 Episode.
And my post isn't increase even when i post something : (.

Well, Wish u luck to deal with the Hacker
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Sep 1, 2014 7:51 PM

Feb 2013
Ravarae said:
My Anime List get SSjMaster vs Xinil. Some of my anime get 9001 Episode.
And my post isn't increase even when i post something : (.

Well, Wish u luck to deal with the Hacker
From the looks of things, you seem to post a lot in Forum Games. Post count doesn't go up in there.
Sep 1, 2014 7:57 PM

Jun 2014
Psyche_Izaya said:
both Nyaa Torrents and Horriblesubs are down due to DDoS attack.

MAL getting hacked again.

obviously satan responsible for killing anime. reject satan.

It sucks, I can't last without HS.
Sep 1, 2014 7:58 PM

Aug 2014
So, you say a Moderator Account got "Compromised" - AGAIN? Why the fuck can this happen AGAIN(!), huh? Just get the hell some better protection! God damn...

1. Use a Password with: 32 or longer, big an small Letters, Numbers, Unicode Signs, and without any sense or meaning.
2. Use IP-Check (like Steam do it).
3. Get some automated self Protect that just scans for some shit like this. (Simpel check for Update-Speed from the Team Accounts or repeating Names like the Title's are or the 9001)
4. Get a Backup! Atleast some that just takes every 24 Hours a new Backup. It will be absolute fine if you just keeping the last 7 Backups so you can rollback even if the whole Team will sleep a freaking week.
5. Get a protection that will close the Account if the password gets 3-5 times wrong entered. To reactivate and login a Key wich is send to the e-mail will be needed.
(Key + Password will login you direktly to protend trolls who enter wrong passwords to keep people logged out)
6. Protect your E-Mail Accounts with Passwords like i sayed on "1." too. (Dont use shit like yahoo, google mail or gmx, they suck at account protection. I would recommend outlook aka hotmail, web.de, freenet or aol)

This all are very very easy and effectiv ways to protect and they arent hard to create.
And if you still get "hacked" with all these things from a noob like the one you got at the moment, you realy just suck at development or you just should check the Team-Mate...
Sep 1, 2014 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
Not only the titles of various anime have been affected, but also their plot synopses, air dates, number of episodes, etc.

Sigh.

Constant bugs, hackers, and other bullshit like this don't exactly make me want to continue using MAL. =/
Salmon is delicious.
Sep 1, 2014 8:03 PM

Aug 2012
I for one welcome our hacker overlords.
I've also noticed you can't search for anime now.
Sep 1, 2014 8:13 PM

Jul 2014
Guess I should keep backups of my list just in case
Sep 1, 2014 8:17 PM

Mar 2014
Lydenia said:
So, you say a Moderator Account got "Compromised" - AGAIN? Why the fuck can this happen AGAIN(!), huh? Just get the hell some better protection! God damn...

1. Use a Password with: 32 or longer, big an small Letters, Numbers, Unicode Signs, and without any sense or meaning.
2. Use IP-Check (like Steam do it).
3. Get some automated self Protect that just scans for some shit like this. (Simpel check for Update-Speed from the Team Accounts or repeating Names like the Title's are or the 9001)
4. Get a Backup! Atleast some that just takes every 24 Hours a new Backup. It will be absolute fine if you just keeping the last 7 Backups so you can rollback even if the whole Team will sleep a freaking week.
5. Get a protection that will close the Account if the password gets 3-5 times wrong entered. To reactivate and login a Key wich is send to the e-mail will be needed.
(Key + Password will login you direktly to protend trolls who enter wrong passwords to keep people logged out)
6. Protect your E-Mail Accounts with Passwords like i sayed on "1." too. (Dont use shit like yahoo, google mail or gmx, they suck at account protection. I would recommend outlook aka hotmail, web.de, freenet or aol)

This all are very very easy and effectiv ways to protect and they arent hard to create.
And if you still get "hacked" with all these things from a noob like the one you got at the moment, you realy just suck at development or you just should check the Team-Mate...

Dude, you need to chill. Your asking a lot from a FREE website with nothing to gain. The moderators are doing their best to correct the error and we need to be patient. This really isn't worth getting that worked up over. Not to mention that you are new here and probably don't know the way the site operates yet.
Sep 1, 2014 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
Sep 1, 2014 8:22 PM

Feb 2013
olha2 said:
seems he also addad a new entry:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/26475/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender
That is fucking priceless..........icing on the cake and I am so adding this to the list of things to cover in my follow-up project to these events.
Sep 1, 2014 8:22 PM
Aug 2014
olha2 said:
ALL MY YESSSSSSSSSSSS
Sep 1, 2014 8:23 PM

Mar 2014
olha2 said:

Im not happy that he decided to hack the site but I have to admit thats pretty funny. Im adding it to my list right now.

Sep 1, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2014
unitedkingdom97 said:

Dude, you need to chill. Your asking a lot from a FREE website with nothing to gain. The moderators are doing their best to correct the error and we need to be patient. This really isn't worth getting that worked up over. Not to mention that you are new here and probably don't know the way the site operates yet.

^This
Sep 1, 2014 8:26 PM
Aug 2014
unitedkingdom97 said:
olha2 said:

Im not happy that he decided to hack the site but I have to admit thats pretty funny. Im adding it to my list right now.

yeah he's not so bad if he GOT Avatar here.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

207 by Shin_016 »»
Yesterday, 7:32 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3331 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.