Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So much cutenesss! Especially the last scenee. I haven't read the novel so I can't really compare them, but after seeing the movie I will definitely read it.

Tsundere ftw
eucliwood1Apr 28, 2019 6:39 AM
Aug 30, 2014 10:27 PM

Aug 2009
OH MY GOD it was amazinggg! I loved it so much! It was so so so so soooo so sooooo amazing and sweet!!!!!!!! My face couldnt stop smiling.

CAN I JUST...... PLEASE BE A GAY MAN!?? PLEASE???? Q A Q

For the first part, the movie:
I just loved the two so much! Yokozawa is actually really.... amazing.. In the original he would make me really aggravated but I loved how we had a chance to understand him ; v ;. The ending got my heart pumping because I really related to Yokozawa, about being moody, and full of baggage, but it was SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRR SWEETTTTTTTTTTT how Kirishima still said he would accept him for his flaws Q u Q !! (CAN I PLEASE FIND SOMEONE LIKE THAT PLEASE?!???)

And for the second part, the valentines day part:
GAHHH That was SOOO CUTE! I just love it when the uke actually shows some feelings and emotions q////q because its usually the seme that does all the confessing, but I loved how it was the uke's showing their true feelings on how much they care T v T.
HOW ONODERA HID THE CHOCOLATE IN THE CURRY!!! GODDDDDD MY HEART Q A Q

God.. I love this series extremely!!! 10/10
ImNotLulexiaaAug 30, 2014 10:34 PM
Aug 30, 2014 10:36 PM

Dec 2012
^lol xD

Yokozawa's so cute, it's bad for my heart. Ugh, I had to prepare myself to watch this, this series just gives me so much feels ;A;
Aug 30, 2014 11:03 PM

Oct 2010
I am little disappointed from what I have read, I wanted to see some parts that they have cut and dialogues they have cut and they had enough time for that (and I am not talking about the sex scene), but overall was cute just with that fact but ok a 7, the light novel 9.

But this is just my opinion xD
darkuriaAug 30, 2014 11:07 PM

Aug 30, 2014 11:50 PM
Jan 2013
It was so lovely xD 10/10

I'm happy for Yokazawa
I thought they are going to announce new season T^T
Aug 31, 2014 2:39 AM

Nov 2007
It's nice to see another side of the story from TV series (I'm glad that it's related to the TV series, or I kind of forgot the story a bit to say the truth). So they are in different section.

Yukina~~~! But he's not the main. Who voiced that staff of the bookstore?

That being drunk causing trouble, but solved because of the boss.

The daughter is cute.

Ending with him realizing that he has been falling in love with him.

Oh, that photo was nothing too embarrassing.

Frost_Kiss said:

I thought they are going to announce new season T^T

That would be too much to follow for me if that happens because there's also Junjou Romantica 3rd Season.
tsubasaloverAug 31, 2014 2:43 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 31, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2013
This was utterly cute. Yokozawa it's my favorite character from the series so I'm really happy to see him again. And I'm also happy for him and Kirishima. Hiyori is lovely. <3
Great movie, I have no complains.
Aug 31, 2014 3:14 PM

Feb 2011
the movie was great Q________________Q
i read the their manga long time ago and now i cant find it if i know contact me pls
Aug 31, 2014 4:28 PM

Feb 2013
totally perfect movie. i've been expecting this for a long time and definitely it didn't disappoint me. Yokozawa is so cute ;w;

Aug 31, 2014 5:04 PM

Aug 2010
I was waiting so long for this & it WAS AWESOME
I'm so happy that they actually got animated ;_; but man did that movie go by quickly.. too quickly.. I wish it was longer haha.

For those of you who haven't read the light novels yet, you totally should! The movie kind of left out some stuff from it D:

nonetheless, I REALLY enjoyed watching it. Finally Yokozawa gets his own loverrr!
Aug 31, 2014 7:24 PM

Aug 2012
The movie was super cute and it was really nice to see yokozawa's sweet side. (: Ahhh the pacing was perfect and i loved every minute of it. <3 The ova was also great! Couldn't stop smiling at all the cuteness~ *-* <3 I missed their faces. ;A;
Aug 31, 2014 8:32 PM

Jan 2008
I just got to say I was smiling through whole movie (which wasn't very long :/) Idk if it was because I finallllly got to see the novel animated or because of all the adorableness, probably both hahaha

SalmonQueen said:
the movie was great Q________________Q
i read the their manga long time ago and now i cant find it if i know contact me pls

I think THIS will be helpul for you.
Sep 1, 2014 11:02 AM
Jan 2013
I'm watching this movie for 7th times.
Sep 1, 2014 2:15 PM

Feb 2010
I enjoyed it very much,it was soooo sweet, even though it only had few kisses I'm satisfied xD
Damn Yokazawa was such an adorable tsundere,I didn't like him in Tv series,but he was too adorable in the movie.
Sep 3, 2014 6:02 PM

Jan 2008
Oh sweet. Yokozawa looks younger to me here compare to the manga but oh well I like it nevertheless. That ending was cute. This should be made into series than movie. It feels short.
Sep 4, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
I wanna mc in the movie got tv series too....._-_
Oh well the movie was great...

Sep 4, 2014 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
Lol they didn't include the last chapter of the first novel where they clear the misunderstanding about that pic hah. Prolly because they had sex that chapter, if I'm not mistaken.

It was a good movie, but I wish the animation was a bit better considering this would be a guaranteed decent seller.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Sep 5, 2014 12:36 AM

Nov 2007
bekeru said:
Lol they didn't include the last chapter of the first novel where they clear the misunderstanding about that pic hah. Prolly because they had sex that chapter, if I'm not mistaken.

It was mentioned after ED.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 5, 2014 1:36 AM

Oct 2009
Awww,so cute!
Quite predictable,though.
For some reason or other, I really loved the way he lit the cigarette <3 ehehe~
Sort of an abrupt end, but I guess the little shorts at the end made up for it...Yokozawa's a respectable tsundere, but Ritsu's curry chocolate is seriously on another level.
Sep 5, 2014 7:15 PM

Nov 2012
Woot woot! It's out! Kirishima x Yokozawa is so freaking cute in the novel and are just as adorble in the movie as well
Sep 6, 2014 11:05 AM
Jan 2013
Frost_Kiss said:
I'm watching this movie for 7th times.

How about we change the 7th time I wrote and say that I watched it for 12 times xD
Sep 6, 2014 3:22 PM

Feb 2013
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ LOVED IT!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ And the Valentines!!! I was so happy Chiaki made Tori chocolates (even if they turned out scary, lol)! ♥ Tori's face!!! ♥ I almost cried but I was too happy! XD
Sep 8, 2014 9:09 AM

Dec 2008
Kirishima is the only one that is capable of handling Yokozawa. Actually, I wouldn't mind dating Kirishima myself. Hiyori was so adorable!

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 20, 2014 10:07 PM

Mar 2010
Great movie <3 8/10
Sep 21, 2014 5:37 PM

Jul 2011
Kirishima and Kou <33
Sep 30, 2014 3:45 AM
May 2009
I hated yokozawa in the anime DX now I feel awfully sceptical as to whether to watch it or not.
Oct 5, 2014 12:25 PM

Apr 2007
Omfg prescibe me insulin because that was the sweetest movie EVARRRRRR!!!!!

Dec 26, 2014 4:41 PM

Jun 2011
Yokozawa's tsundereness gives me life lmao it's cute
I really hated him when I was watching Sekaiichi hatsukoi...but now I like him.

Kirishima lightning his cigarette through Yokozawa's was so HOT akjhdkasjhdaskj
Bless Kirishima's moves.
eijemDec 26, 2014 4:46 PM
Feb 10, 2015 8:40 PM

Oct 2012
MMMMMMMMMMMMAN! IT WAS SO CUTE! I LOVED THIS COUPLE. LOOOOOOOOVED THEM. SRSLY. OH MY GOD. I used to dislike Yokozawa because I was used to see how Ritsu reacted to him in Sekaiichi, BUT OH MY GOD I'M JUST IN LOVE WITH HIM NOW. AND WITH KIRISHIMA. I LOVE THEM. LO-VE THEM.
Jun 8, 2015 2:42 AM

Aug 2012
Onodera hiding the chocolate in the curry~~~
Too cute
Jun 11, 2015 7:30 PM

Jul 2014
Yokozawa Takafumi is practically my favorite character throughout the series. In the anime we only see him as a jerk, however in this movie, it's feel like I can understand his personality by his inner monologues, and I'm glad he finally come in terms in his relationship with Takano.

The other side story is very cute too <3 nothing too special with the story, but it has its moments and enjoyable.

8.5/10
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Oct 21, 2015 9:38 AM
Oct 2015
I lovee it so much><!
But compared to the novel I still love the novel mucchhh better xDD
It's 6:10 for me
Nov 3, 2015 3:12 PM

May 2015
I really enjoyed the movie, though I felt that it could have been longer. Clearly a lot of time had passed, but it all seemed very rushed. They could have given further explanation as to why Kirishima bothered with helping Yokozawa in the first place. Did he have a crush on him initially, or what? No real confession or anything at the end, and then in the Valentine’s Day skit they have Yokozawa go back into tsundere mode.

The Valentine’s Day skit with Tori and Yoshino was great, and I thought it was hilarious when he said that he had Yuu try some “friendship chocolates” and Tori’s pissed reaction. Dragging him into the bedroom followed by some comment that he’s going to have to make more severe “discipline.” Who am I to judge what other people are into, though? XD

Kisa and Yukina’s thing was a tad disappointing. This kiss was cute, but I think adding in an “I love you” wouldn’t have hurt. Especially since he said “I love your face,” which really seemed like something that would question if they actually like each other or are just in it for the sex. I know they do really like each other, but objectively it would be questionable.

Onodera and Takano. Sigh. Jesus Christ, Onodera, you’re still doing this tsundere BS? You’re in love with someone of the same sex. DEEEEEEEAL WITH IT. I was able to deal with Onodera’s semi-tsundere attitude in the last episode, since he might just not want to act all deredere in public. However, him reverting to his original, tsundere ways in this little skit was kind of a letdown. The slipping the chocolate into the curry? I’m sorry, I don’t care if Takano thought it was cute; I found it creepy. Basically the only part I enjoyed of it was Takano calling Onodera an idiot. I love when he says, “baaaaaaaaka.” So adorable.

All in all, I would have preferred a longer movie, and the compilation of Valentine skits could have been made into one, fifteen minute long OVA. The Yokozawa story I’m giving an 8/10, but with the unnecessary, albeit enjoyable, Valentine shorts, I’m going to have to give this a 7/10.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 21, 2017 9:16 PM

May 2013
YAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Yokozawa found love :'D

I like how Sekaiichi and Junjou both don't let the broken hearted break on their own. They always find someone else who pieces their heart back together and let the viewers ship the new pairing even harder ^-^ it's sweet <3

I agree with everyone-- in the movie, he is MUCH more likable lol. Less of an asshole XD

also I love the little mini skits after the movie portion.

8/10 :D
Sep 24, 2017 4:25 AM

Apr 2017
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
YAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Yokozawa found love :'D

I like how Sekaiichi and Junjou both don't let the broken hearted break on their own. They always find someone else who pieces their heart back together and let the viewers ship the new pairing even harder ^-^ it's sweet <3

I agree with everyone-- in the movie, he is MUCH more likable lol. Less of an asshole XD

also I love the little mini skits after the movie portion.

8/10 :D

Poor Yuu the only rejected person in the series.
Nov 7, 2017 9:48 AM

Oct 2009
Finally got round to watching this. I really love this movie! Even though it omitted some parts from the book, it's still enjoyable to watch!

In the main tv series, I didn't think much of Yokozawa and only saw him as the bitter, jealous guy who's in love with Takano. But this spin-off really gives a different perspective to Yokozawa's character. Surprisingly, he has a gentle and sweet side; he cares for animals and children unconditionally and is not the type to hold grudges against anybody. Thanks to Kirishima, he was able to bravely face Takano without holding any ill feelings. It's nice to see him get some closure with Takano.

And Kirishima is an amazing guy for putting up with Yokozawa's personality and accepting the latter for who he is, strengths and weaknesses considered. Kirishima really gave some great advice not just for Yokozawa but for the viewers who were/are on the same boat as well. First loves do not work out all the time. But it doesn't mean you just get over them and try to completely erase them from your memory. Some things are just not meant to be so you move on and fall in love with the next person properly.

The only qualms I have with this movie are that there are not many romantic scenes btwn Yokozawa and Kirishima (but that's okay since they are just starting to like each other). There are some scenes from the book that were condensed to fit into the movie but that's fine I guess since it's nothing major. That one smex scene was obviously taken out (lol).

And tsundere! Yokozawa ftw. I think I'll resume reading the novels. (think the last time I read them was back in 2013 yikes)

Rating: 9/10
VongoleNov 8, 2017 11:17 AM
Mar 11, 2022 10:50 PM

Apr 2020
I love Yokozawa and Kirishima together! Yokozawa deserves to be happy
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Aug 22, 2022 11:01 PM
Aug 2022
i love how story turn out
Mar 10, 2023 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
THIS WAS NOT SIMPLY 10/10, THIS WAS 11/10 !!!
Mar 3, 9:22 AM

Jul 2022
yokozawa is my ideal character type ONGG!! he was my fav in the anime before i even knew he had a movie on him and his relationship alone. moody salty ex bf meets old man widower. we love to see ittt <33

More topics from this board

» When will this get a dvd??

qpq - Aug 6, 2014

2 by qpq »»
Aug 20, 2014 9:56 PM

» What do you expect from this movie?

VocaloidxAnime - Sep 26, 2013

17 by RandomRachel »»
Jun 3, 2014 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.