Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2014 11:43 AM
Jul 2011
Keten said:
I enjoy Saazbaum though, finally a freakin engaging villain... Still a TAD cliche but overall at least he isn't one of the twirling mustache evil laugh villains like the rest of them in this series so far. He has a motive and personality now (A believable one) and even questions the people he is supposed to be loyal too. Congratulations Saazbaum, you passed 1-dimensional and entered 2-dimensional zone. Unfortunately I doubt he will have differing objectives so he probably won't enter the 3-dimensional zone let alone actual development to make him 4-dimensional. Who knows though, not like I am expecting AMAZING characterization from Aldnoah.Zero after what it's shown me in the past. lol

If his motivation had been just because their class system is terrible, he might be sympathetic.
Aug 30, 2014 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
"That's his "I'm on cloud nine" face" ... I didn't realise Inaho had more than one facial expression.
Aug 30, 2014 11:45 AM

Jan 2014
Keten said:
deadoptimist said:

I think there is still hope, if the princess is dead. (Martyrdom suits her, so, writers, let her be dead, please.) They'll have a huge problem with succession, and there is a possibility for development around the Slaine's father research as a way to remedy the problem. And Saazbaum will be at the center of it (with Slaine under his arm).

I still don't think the Princess died. It's possible but, I don't really see why they'd list her as a main character if they were just going to kill her off before she does anything. I'd like it but... not holding my breath for it.

Not possible. This is episode 9/24 so she will live. If she die, she will die later, and not by Reyet's stupid move.

She will have a role later on, to reveal the Zero part of he tittle.

This is just a scene to amplify drama and create a cliffhanger. Also, more chance for irony (now she need CPR).
Aug 30, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
Keten said:
I still don't think the Princess died. It's possible but, I don't really see why they'd list her as a main character if they were just going to kill her off before she does anything. I'd like it but... not holding my breath for it.

She gave them reason to start the war. :) I think that's enough from her.

But yeah, you're probably right. I understand that it is possible that it was done somply to introduce a new CPR scene. Or maybe they wanted to end Rayet, because they didn't know what to do with her. It is not unheard of for a character to be almost killed several times in one story. But she is annoying, and it would be too much of forced drama at the expense of a perfectly interesting character such as Rayet.
*sigh* Maybe she will become more down to earth at least.
Because hopping around a ship full of refugees, who had lost their homes and families because of her, was not only stupid, but also dangerous and damn disrespectful.
Aug 30, 2014 11:48 AM
Jul 2011
y123y said:
Dont worry. The princess is alive. She will be saved by Slaine's love. Thats gonna be the plot twist: that the princess has romantic feelings for Slaine and Slaine none for the princess :P

I still don't understand why she showered with the charm but didn't take her usual necklace.
Aug 30, 2014 11:49 AM

Jan 2012
THAT...FUCKING...BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!
Now let me guess what's next.
Option 1) Well, she's not dead, and I don't have a clue
Option 2) She's dead, and Slaine now goes dark and joins Saazbaum.
Either way, fuck you Rayet I hate this character from the start.
"Martian are the ennemy". You're a martian, cunt, and you and your father caused all this.
Aug 30, 2014 11:49 AM
Jul 2011
chickenonthepan@

Episode 9 out 12 for first cour. Next one focuses on "Zero" maybe with her death and her grandfather's death in the finale no more Aldnoah so "Zero."

The opening lyrics have been death flagging her.
Aug 30, 2014 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
chickenonthepan said:

Not possible. This is episode 9/24 so she will live. If she die, she will die later, and not by Reyet's stupid move.

This is just a scene to amplify drama and create a cliffhanger. Also, more chance for irony (now she need CPR).

As I said, not holding my breath. Also yes, if she is alive, then it will just be forced drama to create yet another cliffhanger. That is just gonna tick me off. Omg btw, if they do a stupid CPR scene with Inaho... ugh... Stop saying stuff like that it makes me cringe... xD

deadoptimist said:

But yeah, you're probably right. I understand that it is possible that it was done somply to introduce a new CPR scene. Or maybe they wanted to end Rayet, because they didn't know what to do with her. It is not unheard of for a character to be almost killed several times in one story. But she is annoying, and it would be too much of forced drama at the expense of a perfectly interesting character such as Rayet.

I am not saying she will come back for sure, just that I am not holding my breath. The show has given me an idea of the type of show it is, and it's the type of show to use this for forced drama and fan service... Doesn't mean it won't surprise me though. lol

Edit: Also.. If the Princess dies in a pointlessly naked shower scene... That is just a pathetic way to kill a character.
Aug 30, 2014 11:53 AM
Aug 2012
Hey guy if anything they found out something big. Kill the king and the whole Vers army becomes nothing but scrap metal :D
Aug 30, 2014 11:53 AM

Oct 2007
This show really loves putting characters into limbo at the end of episodes for cliffhangers.
Aug 30, 2014 11:54 AM
Jul 2011
Keten said:
chickenonthepan said:

As I said, not holding my breath. Also yes, if she is alive, then it will just be forced drama to create yet another cliffhanger. That is just gonna tick me off. Omg btw, if they do a stupid CPR scene with Inaho... ugh... Stop saying stuff like that it makes me cringe... xD

deadoptimist said:

I am not saying she will come back for sure, just that I am not holding my breath. The show has given me an idea of the type of show it is, and it's the type of show to use this for forced drama and fan service... Doesn't mean it won't surprise me though. lol

Edit: Also.. If the Princess dies in a pointlessly naked shower scene... That is just a pathetic way to kill a character.

She's completely irritating and her death will bring more interesting things than being alive.
Aug 30, 2014 11:56 AM
Jul 2013
BURN RAYET AT THE STAKE
AversaOct 24, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
Good episode, the ending was really suprising though...
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!

Feb 2012
The princess is not dead, just passed out. If she was, there would've been blood to depict death. She was just choked out (Does anyone watch mma?)

I hate Rayet or whatever her name is, but can't blame her. Someone emotionally broken would do that. So far, it is the best anime airing this season.
Aug 30, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2014
Keten said:

Lets see, take it as a chance for Hime to experience new things.

If she has memory lost, she will forget about Slaine. She will forget that she is the princess of Vers. She will be just Seylum, a small person in an unknown world. Just as Slaine back then when he came to Mars.

And who will help her this time like she helps Slaine back then? Well, most likely Inaho.

I like the irony part of this.

If she really dies or lives a vegetable life, it is too poor for my taste. Who the hell going to connect both side (Inaho and Slaine) together?
Aug 30, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2009
no need to panic.

She just pass out, not dead yet.

it is that or the studio is broke and want to end it quickly because this show was so awesome it cost them all the budget with just 9 episodes :P
bruh
Aug 30, 2014 12:03 PM

Sep 2013
chickenonthepan said:

If she has memory lost, she will forget about Slaine. She will forget that she is the princess of Vers. She will be just Seylum, a small person in an unknown world. Just as Slaine back then when he came to Mars.

And who will help her this time like she helps Slaine back then? Well, most likely Inaho.

If she really dies or lives a vegetable life, it is too poor for my taste. Who the hell going to connect both side (Inaho and Slaine) together?

Having her get amnesia would be forced drama and nothing more. That would make me angry.

If she dies then it's not forced because these sort of things happen in real war situations, people have emotional breakdowns and do stupid things, it happens. However if she comes back from it they sort of throw that out the window because it's just used to create forced drama.

If she survives and becomes a vegetable, then at least there was some purpose to her nearly dying and it wouldn't effect her personality except for perhaps giving her more room for development. It isn't really in poor taste because it's not outright insulting anyone.
Aug 30, 2014 12:04 PM
Jan 2014
That princess isn't dead, she just fainted or something.
Aug 30, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:
Keten said:

Nope. Amnesia is cliche of cliches.

Better for her to get some sort of psychological or emotional trauma from this. And then continue with stuff happening around her that changes her, so by the time Slaine meets her again, she's an entirelly different person shaped by her experiences.
Aug 30, 2014 12:06 PM

May 2012
00:30 u bstrd

04:27 go to sleep, chibi

05:08 LOOOL continue your training

05:48 seishun da ne

08:33 SawaHiro's here!

08:50 calm your flat ttties

10:54 KEEHEE

13:40 total pwnage

14:36 dat perfect timing

16:32 where're the melons?

20:34 don't do it

20:59 NOOOO

22:05 look what u've done

7.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 30, 2014 12:09 PM
Jul 2011
Fai said:
chickenonthepan said:

Nope. Amnesia is cliche of cliches.

Better for her to get some sort of psychological or emotional trauma from this. And then continue with stuff happening around her that changes her, so by the time Slaine meets her again, she's an entirelly different person shaped by her experiences.

Vegetable princess or dead princess is better. The next episode is called "prelude to war", if she was fine even with "memory loss", they would have reached the headquarters and her grandfather would have stopped it.
Aug 30, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
Keten said:

Having her get amnesia would be forced drama and nothing more. That would make me angry.

If she dies then it's not forced because these sort of things happen in real war situations, people have emotional breakdowns and do stupid things, it happens. However if she comes back from it they sort of throw that out the window because it's just used to create forced drama.

If she survives and becomes a vegetable, then at least there was some purpose to her nearly dying and it wouldn't effect her personality except for perhaps giving her more room for development. It isn't really in poor taste because it's not outright insulting anyone.

You still take real life elements to judge this show? XD

I like the irony part of this show so far. And irony has a little real life elements in it. And hey, forced drama is not really that bad. Maybe I watch Hollywood movies too much.

I have a theory about Saazbaum and Inaho before this episode. the beginning elements of that theory is surprisingly true in this ep. If that theory comes true, there will be even more "forced drama" and "asspull" though. But I will enjoy that for the ironic part.

HopeLight said:

Vegetable princess or dead princess is better. The next episode is called "prelude to war", if she was fine even with "memory loss", they would have reached the headquarters and her grandfather would have stopped it.

If she has memory lost, she will not remember how to activate Aldnoah. And that ship will stay there. They can't go anywhere.

ANd what if I say next episode is Saazbaum's memory about his beloved Orlane? Would be more interesting.
Just_ChickenAug 30, 2014 12:14 PM
Aug 30, 2014 12:10 PM
Feb 2014
That was amazing. The moment that princess dies, awesome. At first i was kinda shocked however after few seconds i realized that this scene was one of the best I've seen for a long time. I am so happy.
Aug 30, 2014 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
chickenonthepan said:

You still take real life elements to judge this show? XD

I like the irony part of this show so far. And irony has a little real life elements in it. And hey, forced drama is not really that bad. Maybe I watch Hollywood movies too much.

I have a theory about Saazbaum and Inaho before this episode. the beginning elements of that theory is surprisingly true in this ep. If that theory comes true, there will be even more "forced drama" and "asspull" though. But I will enjoy that for the ironic part.

Forced drama is bad because it's a lazy way to try and make a story more interesting. Amnesia would open up a whole mess load of opportunity for plot convenience where she remembers things only when it's convenient. That is why Amnesia is bad.

As for taking realistic elements in a show. It's better if a show trying to be serious at least TRIES to be realistic sometimes, even if it already threw it out the window already. I'd rather it have some good elements rather than none at all.

I agree that the show will NEVER be realistic but at the very least it can have certain realistic elements to it. If the show had a goofy tone to it then I'd say yes, at this point throw it all out, but since it's still trying to make you take it seriously, the more realism the better.
Aug 30, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:

Also let's pay dues to the wisdom of our comrade chickenonthepan, who predicted the turn with Saazbaum's lover.

Thank you. But that is just the start. The later part is more interesting than this.

Orlane will come to play soon. They don't give Saazbaum's lover a name and leave her at that.

And if my theory comes true, I will go crazy. :))

What's your theory bro ? Mind if you re-post it again here ? xD

Aug 30, 2014 12:19 PM

Jan 2014
Keten said:

Forced drama is bad because it's a lazy way to try and make a story more interesting. Amnesia would open up a whole mess load of opportunity for plot convenience where she remembers things only when it's convenient. That is why Amnesia is bad.

As for taking realistic elements in a show. It's better if a show trying to be serious at least TRIES to be realistic sometimes, even if it already threw it out the window already. I'd rather it have some good elements rather than none at all.

I agree that the show will NEVER be realistic but at the very least it can have certain realistic elements to it. If the show had a goofy tone to it then I'd say yes, at this point throw it all out, but since it's still trying to make you take it seriously, the more realism the better.

Vegetable person is the same if I may say. She will wake up when the plot calls. So the most "realistic" thing is death.

But that choice has the lowest possibility, maybe close to 0.

I think you may be disappointed. I can see that Amnesia is their most possible choice to create more irony.
Aug 30, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
Seiryuu2 said:

What's your theory bro ? Mind if you re-post it again here ? xD

It possibly will become a spoiler though, as least in part. So go to thread " What is the problem with Inaho and those around him", page 6, post #108.
Aug 30, 2014 12:23 PM

Sep 2013
chickenonthepan said:

Vegetable person is the same if I may say. She will wake up when the plot calls. So the most "realistic" thing is death.

But that choice has the lowest possibility, maybe close to 0.

I think you may be disappointed. I can see that Amnesia is their most possible choice to create more irony.

Okay, ya, making her a complete vegetable would be bad. However if she just becomes paralyzed from the neck or waist down then that would give more relevance to it. I would also like it if she got some sort of emotional trauma from it.

However it will probably just be a case of getting close up CPR from Inaho, she sees him as her savior, they get all lovey dovey and everything is forgiven because she is so nice and that is her entire character. < That would be the worst case scenario.
Aug 30, 2014 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
The martians that killed Rayet's father. They wanted the princess dead. So why would Rayet reward them by giving them exactly what they want?!
Jul 2014
How many episodes are there?

Nov 2012
dude, where do you all watch aldnoah, all site down @_@
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 30, 2014 12:25 PM

Jun 2012
I didnt think she would actually kill the princess.
Aug 30, 2014 12:25 PM

Apr 2008
There's one thing that the people who want the princess dead don't realize. Without her that giant flying ship is just a paper weight with no power which in turn fucks over everyone
Aug 30, 2014 12:26 PM
Jul 2011
Darklight0303 said:
There's one thing that the people who want the princess dead don't realize. Without her that giant flying ship is just a paper weight with no power which in turn fucks over everyone

Good. Then Count Evil wins. I like him more than anyone in that ship now.
Aug 30, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Keten said:

Okay, ya, making her a complete vegetable would be bad. However if she just becomes paralyzed from the neck or waist down then that would give more relevance to it. I would also like it if she got some sort of emotional trauma from it.

However it will probably just be a case of getting close up CPR from Inaho, she sees him as her savior, they get all lovey dovey and everything is forgiven because she is so nice and that is her entire character. < That would be the worst case scenario.

Why I have a feeling that your worse case scenario will come true. =.=

I should better be prepare for it too.
Aug 30, 2014 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
ninjastarforcex said:

The 1080p 600mb subbed version downloaded in like 20 seconds from a normal file hosting site.. torrents are not the only option.

Also I hope the princess is dead but I'd be shocked if she didn't just pass out.

Good but slow episode.
Aug 30, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2014
Okay, I have been observing the comments of the people that go on here and talk about what happened in the anime. But, I see a lot of freaking fanboys and fangirls comment about a particular character, it is mostly about Slaine and Inaho. Slaine is a character who is super loyal to the princess because she saved her life, there is some chemistry that was developed throughout the years,but also Inaho saved the princess life and there is some affection throughout the story. Honestly, I do not care who the princess stays with or the relationships of this story. The characters are developed so there is nothing wrong with the character developments since most of them had gone through a tramautic experience. Starting with Inaho, he is demonstrated as the guy who gets things done! He doesnt whine or anything like other mc from other animes. He is calm and intellectual to know what he is doing.
Aug 30, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2013
ninjastarforcex said:

Crunchyroll... I guess it's possible you live in a country that doesn't get it though or you just don't have membership to watch it right away.

Aug 2014
Slaine is demonstrated as a person who wants to save the person that he is indebted to and "loves". Anyways, this anime is good and I look forward to keep watching it. Also, I hope the princess does not die

Jun 2013
Now this series is really slowing down. Sure plot is developing but it's so confusing and not that all contributing to the overall story.

Also, Inko liking Inaho came out of the left field.

EDIT: Oh, was that Yoshimasa Hosoya as Humeray? It sounded like him. Really love him, hope he gets more main roles.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 30, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
ninjastarforcex said:

watch it on animeultima.tv
about your theory Chickenonthepan, that really sure interesting. The way how they introduced Orlane is a bit sketchy, but after reading your theory we could connect some dotes that happened on the series. They only introduce her name and not giving us (as the watchers) a big picture of how she died and etc. This surely interesting, if your theory comes up true then you should accompanying the writers lol.

Having Princess an amnesia would drag the plot a bit and everything will be not balance, It's better having her death or she got rescued from Inaho. Either of those would be the potential outcome for next week episode, Why would they bring out the float ship without having any uses ? That's kinda absurd.

Aug 30, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
y123y said:
And my predicting plot twist = Toad is actually the princess

That would've been insanely fun.

Btw, I am watching it on Crunchyroll too.

It is interesting, what they will do to Rayet in the show. It will be indicative of the way the "bad" characters will be in the end of the story.
Aug 30, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2009
Turns out Sora Amamiya spoiled that Princess is still alive in 12th episode on her twitter.
Aug 30, 2014 12:36 PM

Nov 2012
Keten said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Crunchyroll... I guess it's possible you live in a country that doesn't get it though or you just don't have membership to watch it right away.

not even crunchyroll have aldnoah here... only sao
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 30, 2014 12:37 PM
Nov 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
The martians that killed Rayet's father. They wanted the princess dead. So why would Rayet reward them by giving them exactly what they want?!

She probably does not know that, and she did say she hates all Martians which probably why she strangled Asseylum.

I hope Asseylum isn't dead. I highly doubt they would kill her this early, but this will definitely cause some problems for everyone.
Aug 30, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
Turns out Sora Amamiya spoiled that Princess is still alive in 12th episode on her twitter.

:/ To kill such a tasty subject for speculation...
Aug 30, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:

link please ? ah shit, the discussion about her being alive/death was going good and now this >.>

Aug 30, 2014 12:39 PM

Apr 2008
bastek66 said:

Not surprised. AT least that will take the wind out of the sails of those who wanted her to be dead for real
Aug 30, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2011
Killing the princess is a disaster waiting to happen...and its already starting.

It was hilarious to see Inko reacting to Inaho x Seylum shipping. She clearly likes the stoic guy. A Nice information about Marito's PTSD and Saazbaum's reason to invade earth. I wonder if he'll tell what really happen to the Captain.
Aug 30, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Keten said:

not even crunchyroll have aldnoah here... only sao

you could watch it from http://www.animeultima.tv/Aldnoah-Zero-episode-9-english-subbed-video-mirror-813686-AUEngine.io/

Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.