Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 24, 2014 10:01 AM

Sep 2010
Feels like the end for Keneki (T_T)

Mod Edit: Removed unfair material and fan translation, which aren't allowed on MAL..
TyrelAug 24, 2014 6:00 PM
Aug 24, 2014 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
More like the beginning, his kuroneki and shironneki personality combined and now we got a new Kaneki. So Souta was the one who dropped those beams on Rize, huh?
Aug 24, 2014 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
Never trust the fucking clown .
Aug 24, 2014 1:23 PM

Nov 2012
100% after this chapter is centipede mode
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 24, 2014 5:43 PM

Mar 2012
Fuuu why don't people translate the previous chapters before?! I'm dying to know the rest of the story :(
Aug 25, 2014 11:34 AM

Mar 2013
they can't kill off Kaneki... I mean hes the main protagonist D:... but yeah interested if he'll get axed or be given a new power up only time will tell!
Aug 25, 2014 5:34 PM

Dec 2013
His kagune has been changing alot lately, maybe following his thoughts and diet (tons of ghouls). I've seen him with 2, 4 (2 each, 4 on one side), now 8 tentacles (sometimes tangled making the centipede)
ON these past chapters, before he did that tsunami of RC Cells (Kinda absurd) he had 8 thin "legs" like a spider. So, maybe now we can see a 2 eyed ghoul instead of 1 eyed (a total absurption of the ghoul nature) Maybe due to his subconscious no longer fighting against the Ghoul nature (like he's been showing off lately) it's known that he can survive without eating living people, so he shouldn't fight that much.

I Still imagine Kaneki being a middleman in the relations between ghouls and humans. Atleast thats what the plot would say. The organization now Called V has shown up, and with the runaway of the other anteiku members we still have enuough plot for the future.

The Owl is ifnally there, so maybe we see Aogiri Tree too. I still want to know wtf is gonna happen to Rize too.
Aug 26, 2014 9:45 AM

Apr 2014
I've been speculating a lot of things recently.
Hide being the Real owl isn't an impossible theory despite the contradictory in the Ages and time frame.
Ukina(Mother of the real owl) Was Kinda,Outgoing had a Unique Sensibility and Curiosity and lastly Sharp intuition..That Mirrors Hide's Personality Completely.
Not only that, Ukina Accepted Yoshimura when She found out he was a Ghoul and Also Mirrors how Hide Accepted Kaneki..That and Ukina and Hide must have the same Hair color.
I can't even call it coincidence anymore.
Also how did he even find Kaneki so Precisely in the tunnels without knowing the exact location? That's not luck.If he's a Ghoul and Sense the surroundings like Hinami or Irimi does.

Also Regarding Chapter 140.
Its possible that Kaneki would Go Full Kakuja mode.When Kaneki accepted his Inner self and come into terms.He just might be able to Transcend Half Kakuja and into Full completely..He won't go Berserk anymore by going Half kakuja.

Also when Arima Pierced Kaneki in the brain..It triggered some Lost memories with the Incident with Rize and Kaneki's Eyes were open at that moment and Catch a Glimpse of The Clown Mask Gang..Indicating They were the one Who let the Steel beams fall on Rize.
With this kind of Information I doubt Kaneki wouldn't let this go and get Capture now that he some Solid lead..
100% Kaneki is gonna get back up again on Chapter 141.

Aug 26, 2014 11:48 AM

Dec 2013
NeutralSide said:
I've been speculating a lot of things recently.
Hide being the Real owl isn't an impossible theory despite the contradictory in the Ages and time frame.
Ukina(Mother of the real owl) Was Kinda,Outgoing had a Unique Sensibility and Curiosity and lastly Sharp intuition..That Mirrors Hide's Personality Completely.
Not only that, Ukina Accepted Yoshimura when She found out he was a Ghoul and Also Mirrors how Hide Accepted Kaneki..That and Ukina and Hide must have the same Hair color.
I can't even call it coincidence anymore.
Also how did he even find Kaneki so Precisely in the tunnels without knowing the exact location? That's not luck.If he's a Ghoul and Sense the surroundings like Hinami or Irimi does.

Also Regarding Chapter 140.
Its possible that Kaneki would Go Full Kakuja mode.When Kaneki accepted his Inner self and come into terms.He just might be able to Transcend Half Kakuja and into Full completely..He won't go Berserk anymore by going Half kakuja.

Also when Arima Pierced Kaneki in the brain..It triggered some Lost memories with the Incident with Rize and Kaneki's Eyes were open at that moment and Catch a Glimpse of The Clown Mask Gang..Indicating They were the one Who let the Steel beams fall on Rize.
With this kind of Information I doubt Kaneki wouldn't let this go and get Capture now that he some Solid lead..

100% Kaneki is gonna get back up again on Chapter 141.
Well i didnt think that out due to the huge gap in ages. About him being the owl, his stories sounded a bit fishy too, he's too brave to lurk into a ghoul den wearing ghouls (whose ghoul) and since kaneki being a hybrid, like he should b, makes him indetectable to the scanner, still being weird
But u got a point, when he was looking for kaneki he was missing even formanteiku members. That could b true. I thought Hide's appearance was just another hallucination. But lets take in mind that heads being chopped and reconnected, all those ghouls undercover. Hide could be one that shapeshfts or something. The owls form itself is weird as f. Also if we remember the first chapters hide was the one pointing rize to kaneki, That could mean he wanted rize to be more vulnerablr(eating). Or he used rize as decoy, since both of them would be pretty much of the hungry type. Those clowns could be related with both the Dr, or even Hide. "Watch over him, shes going for it. Bleh lets keep on imagining.. Maybe they took riZe as the owl, w/e
LameReaderAug 26, 2014 11:58 AM
Aug 26, 2014 12:14 PM

Dec 2013
After thinking this up. What if rize was accepted by Anteiku to use her as a decoy forz his son? But since after her examination they decided to use her anywais on kanou's experiments.
Aug 26, 2014 4:56 PM

Apr 2014
LameReader said:
Well i didnt think that out due to the huge gap in ages. About him being the owl, his stories sounded a bit fishy too, he's too brave to lurk into a ghoul den wearing ghouls (whose ghoul) and since kaneki being a hybrid, like he should b, makes him indetectable to the scanner, still being weird
But u got a point, when he was looking for kaneki he was missing even formanteiku members. That could b true. I thought Hide's appearance was just another hallucination. But lets take in mind that heads being chopped and reconnected, all those ghouls undercover. Hide could be one that shapeshfts or something. The owls form itself is weird as f. Also if we remember the first chapters hide was the one pointing rize to kaneki, That could mean he wanted rize to be more vulnerablr(eating). Or he used rize as decoy, since both of them would be pretty much of the hungry type. Those clowns could be related with both the Dr, or even Hide. "Watch over him, shes going for it. Bleh lets keep on imagining.. Maybe they took riZe as the owl, w/e[/quote]

One thing for sure..Hide is Shady as F.

Aug 26, 2014 10:10 PM
Aug 2014
something to note is that the song in the intro for tokyo ghoul was made for the anime, and in the full version of the song there's a part that translates to "the two mix together, both of us facing destruction" i'm pretty sure that's referring to black haired and white haired kaneki so hes gonna change again hopefully a perfect blend of the past and new ken! :D
Aug 26, 2014 11:20 PM

Apr 2014
nameti said:
something to note is that the song in the intro for tokyo ghoul was made for the anime, and in the full version of the song there's a part that translates to "the two mix together, both of us facing destruction" i'm pretty sure that's referring to black haired and white haired kaneki so hes gonna change again hopefully a perfect blend of the past and new ken! :D

Was the song Made for Tokyo ghoul?
Then I can understand that meaning.
Also the Song was sang by a man..I thought it was a girl Lmao.

Aug 26, 2014 11:33 PM
Aug 2014
im pretty sure it was :) the album cover for the song is a picture of Touka haha and i thought it was a chick also! watch this! if you look at the lyrics everything fits kanekis situation up until chapter 140 about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6X1vw9EpIo
Aug 27, 2014 12:52 AM

Jun 2012
NeutralSide said:
nameti said:

Was the song Made for Tokyo ghoul?
Then I can understand that meaning.
Also the Song was sang by a man..I thought it was a girl Lmao.
nameti said:
im pretty sure it was :) the album cover for the song is a picture of Touka haha and i thought it was a chick also! watch this! if you look at the lyrics everything fits kanekis situation up until chapter 140 about

The song is called "Unravel Ghoul" (actually its just "Unravel" there's no Ghoul in the name), so yes i would say it was made for Tokyo Ghoul.
"Put a centipede inside the ear. Go on a date to the bookstore and have your insides gently scrambled."
Aug 27, 2014 12:59 AM

Apr 2014
nameti said:

That's actually sick.
Did TK cooperated with the Ishida to Put those foreshadowing in the song?
Or just Coincidence :P

Aug 27, 2014 6:49 AM

Jun 2011
NeutralSide said:

Wasn't it mentioned in previous chapter that it is presumed that The Real One Eyed Owl came from undeground. That makes Hide our prime suspect.
Here's evidence:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/264964/tokyo-ghoul_ch138--v2-_by_anonymous/7
I also believe that the Clown Gang is working with Kanou.
Aug 27, 2014 7:48 AM

Apr 2014
ArdenFolgore said:
NeutralSide said:

Wasn't it mentioned in previous chapter that it is presumed that The Real One Eyed Owl came from undeground. That makes Hide our prime suspect.
Here's evidence:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/264964/tokyo-ghoul_ch138--v2-_by_anonymous/7
I also believe that the Clown Gang is working with Kanou.

Also Yoshimura left the Diary and "Memories" To baby owl when left him Ward 24th.
The owl could have read Ukina's diary and See that his mother accepted His father despite being a Ghoul..Giving more support to my theory that Hide is doing the same thing by accepting Kaneki despite being a ghoul.He could have even tried to become like Ukina by Mirroring her Personality by reading the Diary.. and which is why Hide's personality is awfully similar to Ukina.

And.Did Kaneki saw a Figure in the sky when he crawling into the Sewers? Is that Owl?
Maybe
What's happening in Yoshimura's side and Kaneki's side isn't happening at the same time..
I also remember Owl cutting Shinohara's Legs..I think it might be the "Food" to what Hide gave to Kaneki when he was struggling in the tunnels.

That Okama Clown will get some serious interrogation by Kaneki when he Escapes.

Aug 27, 2014 11:57 AM

Nov 2013
Aw man, I love the feeling that has been brought up lately. This world has become a lot more complex than just the premise of Ghouls vs. Humans, and that by itself is really hard to achieve. There is still plenty of room for this to develop any further.

I'm really glad Kaneki finally managed to accept himself, now we're gonna see a new Kaneki, maybe in full Ghoul mode.

Kaneki vs. Arima round 2 (if you consider the whoop ass Arima gave Kaneki a round at all) is around the way.
Aug 27, 2014 4:14 PM

Sep 2011
@NeutralSide

I think you are on to something. I actually thought the same thing when they talked about Yoshimura's past; I doubt it's just a coincidence that Yoshimura's wife was so similar to Hide. Also wasn't Hide a newly transferred student when he first met Kaneki? It is possible he came from the 24th ward. That said, the age difference is a bit of a stretch. There's also the monstrous ghoul the CCG are fighting on the roof.
Aug 27, 2014 6:00 PM

Apr 2014
Fullmetal89 said:
@NeutralSide

I think you are on to something. I actually thought the same thing when they talked about Yoshimura's past; I doubt it's just a coincidence that Yoshimura's wife was so similar to Hide. Also wasn't Hide a newly transferred student when he first met Kaneki? It is possible he came from the 24th ward. That said, the age difference is a bit of a stretch. There's also the monstrous ghoul the CCG are fighting on the roof.

It could be a Kakuja form that acts like a shell but inside Could be Hide.

Hide being Owl can't leave my consciousness and it bothers me from time to time.Also There was also some Speculations that the Owl could be a "Woman" Oh that would be fantastic.
Needs more Powerful Female ghouls and of course Potential love interests for Kaneki :D but that's just me and my Personal desire.

Aug 27, 2014 10:38 PM

Apr 2014
Yep now we're probably going to see the real Kaneki
Aug 28, 2014 2:18 AM

Nov 2012
Kaneki x Hollow Kaneki yaoi doujin incoming :P
Aug 28, 2014 9:11 AM
Feb 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Holy cow, not looking good for Kaneki
Aug 28, 2014 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
I doubt that's the end of him. We'll definitely see a different side of Kaneki soon again. That last panel was quite something ofc.
Aug 28, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2012
That Cliffhanger!
I knew it was the clown all along since Ward 11 arc.

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Aug 28, 2014 11:45 AM

Sep 2013
cliffhanger....

Aug 28, 2014 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
So the clown was the one who screwed Rize? :O

I'm really curious about these clowns now.

And poor Ken D: Both eyes really are gone. What's gonna happen from here onward T_T
Aug 28, 2014 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
That last page was fucked up t.t .
Aug 28, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2010
Threads merged

Thread about the same chapter merged with this one.
Aug 28, 2014 12:20 PM

Jul 2009
i really hope for a power up and not someone saving ken. well, if hide saves ken i might be satisfied. at least he got to scratch the shinigami.
Aug 28, 2014 1:29 PM

Jun 2013
What is the significance, if any, of the clown counting backwards?
Aug 28, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2012
razorwire said:

yamori style "-7" counting
Aug 28, 2014 2:58 PM

Jul 2010
I believe thats the same clown that talked to Nico in chapter 78? might mean that Nico knows something more than he told Kaneki - or he did tell everything he knows, but in scene that we didn't see because it was cut.
I wonder what will happen now tho.Seriously, Ken is getting closer and closer to his end.
Aug 28, 2014 4:43 PM

Dec 2013
Ahaha, perfect blendm would be a ghoul who feeds on anything. The ultimate evolution. The regenerative skills, power/etc of ghouls + the end of the human nourishment dependancy. That would be bitchy for a "happy ending".

For now lets just stick to a perfect kagune/kajuta.

PS: Fucking mangajoy trolling as fuck with chapters agian grrr
I love mangajoy just hate the trolling.

ALso that fucking clow reminds me alot of that Chief in the CCG, that weirdo saing "THE PIECES ARE FALLING" some shit like that. Maybe another hybrid???
LameReaderAug 28, 2014 4:52 PM
Aug 28, 2014 5:36 PM

Feb 2014
No Kaneki nooooo. Where your eyes? --

Arima just too strong. It's ridiculous and i will be disappointed if he just a "normal" human. damn it.
Aug 28, 2014 8:08 PM

Dec 2013
Flashoftheback said:

Arima just too strong. It's ridiculous and i will be disappointed if he just a "normal" human. damn it.

He is not thaaat special, he displays quite the hang of using his quinques, thats probablly his strongest feature.
Aug 28, 2014 8:41 PM

Jun 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
razorwire said:

Ah yes. Thanks :)

After I read through another time it made sense. But I also noticed that page 1 has similar counting, so is it really the clown or Kaneki doing the counting? And if it is Kaneki, he is about to reach zero..
Aug 28, 2014 8:42 PM

Mar 2012
How often do Tokyo Ghoul chapters come out? It's part of Weekly Young Jump, so is that two a month? I really want to know what happens next, even if I have to read the raw.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Aug 28, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2013
razorwire said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Ah yes. Thanks :)

After I read through another time it made sense. But I also noticed that page 1 has similar counting, so is it really the clown or Kaneki doing the counting? And if it is Kaneki, he is about to reach zero..

It's kaneki, the numbers coming from the clown are signifying his "dream" (whatever you wish to call this state of inward thinking) is coming to an end, we'll just have to wait to see how that turns out.

From the looks of it a cut appeared on the untouched "god of death" and started to bleed at the end of the chapter.
Aug 28, 2014 10:08 PM

Feb 2014
LameReader said:
Flashoftheback said:

He is not thaaat special, he displays quite the hang of using his quinques, thats probablly his strongest feature.

What... Can't you see how fast he is??? That movement is exceeded human limit on this verse.

I can't see how a person who can curb-stomp Kaneki now anything but special. I won't say Kaneki is the strongest, but at least he is not a ghoul for curb-stomp material.
Aug 28, 2014 11:20 PM

May 2013
I don't think that Kaneki would die and so if he doesn't die, it's natural to think that his eyes would heal too right? So he won't be blind (maybe temporarily but not permanently). But how well his brain heals is another story. Though I wouldn't worry too much about that either since Kaneki just realized how he's been living with a mask all along. His real self should surface now and thus it would make sense that his mental state should start improving too. Hopefully

RomanBellic said:
How often do Tokyo Ghoul chapters come out? It's part of Weekly Young Jump, so is that two a month? I really want to know what happens next, even if I have to read the raw.

It's one chapter a week and we're currently caught up with all the raw chapters.
UrcanpyAug 28, 2014 11:27 PM
Aug 29, 2014 1:07 AM

May 2014
Nice chapter. It is good to see character development.
Btw. I am the only one who finds this manga quite similar to Kafka's The Metamorphosis?

Ps. when should we technically hope to see 141?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2014 2:16 AM

Jul 2014
Sparteh said:
Nice chapter. It is good to see character development.
Btw. I am the only one who finds this manga quite similar to Kafka's The Metamorphosis?

Ps. when should we technically hope to see 141?

Transalated 4/5 days .
Aug 29, 2014 2:40 AM

Jul 2012
Flashoftheback said:
LameReader said:

What... Can't you see how fast he is??? That movement is exceeded human limit on this verse.

I can't see how a person who can curb-stomp Kaneki now anything but special. I won't say Kaneki is the strongest, but at least he is not a ghoul for curb-stomp material.

No no no is not just about speed(movement),is about speed of reaction,i don't remember the chapter but when Yumo talked about his past,Arima did some insane predictions.In my opinion that's his strongest point even more important than the handling his quinques.

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Aug 29, 2014 3:32 AM

Jul 2014
Hey, you all know when the "one eyed ghoul owl" came, to protect his father or whatever, what if that is Kaneki? It's full mode now, so that would mean he became "that" and defeted Arima. And what we were reading would be how he transformed. What do you think?
Aug 29, 2014 4:52 AM

Jul 2014
MyDyingBreed said:
Hey, you all know when the "one eyed ghoul owl" came, to protect his father or whatever, what if that is Kaneki? It's full mode now, so that would mean he became "that" and defeted Arima. And what we were reading would be how he transformed. What do you think?

No .
Aug 29, 2014 5:00 AM

Nov 2012
MyDyingBreed said:

no
Aug 29, 2014 5:19 AM

May 2012
So a clown uh. Ken remembering his mom was kind of touching. Also like how he saw hisself. Damn that cliffhanger. Man I can't wait for the next chapter.
Aug 29, 2014 6:40 AM

Jul 2014
So the Touka beat down 20 chapters ago did have an affect, huh?

Kaneki seeing his mom again...damn

And his younger self.

I wonder if Kaneki was really the one that cut Arima.

Can't wait for next chapter.

Another cliffhanger....
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite girl?

zero00guard - Apr 3

18 by DylP1ckl3n »»
Apr 6, 8:26 PM

» Is there any pedophilia/sexual assault in the books?

Saiunknown - Mar 25

19 by Sturdies »»
Mar 28, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2012

39 by hakuxweeb »»
Mar 26, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 58 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2014

19 by angelqie »»
Mar 21, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2013

20 by SirFries »»
Mar 5, 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.