Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 29, 2014 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp and we see Wendy and Laxus kick some ass this episode. Not bad.

We see more of Ultear's past as well this episode. Well I give her some credit for trying to atone her sins. The expressive look on her face this episode was pretty grim even though that was the most important minute in her life.

Nice to know Gray back though.
Stark700Aug 29, 2014 7:31 PM
Aug 29, 2014 7:31 PM

Apr 2012
Wow in the end her life was worth only one minute but it was enough for the wizards to have a little advantage. And it's good to see that Gray got another chance ^.^
Aug 29, 2014 7:32 PM

Jul 2010
Ultear's past with Hades!
Last Ages!!! At that momment I was shocked at that 1 minute. But for a magic that effects the whole world, it still seems pretty strong!
Forgot all those people that were in pinch though. Too endorsed in Ultear's sacrifice :O
That one minute saving many of their lives and especially Gray's! Also allowing room for counterattacking too!
A bit disappointed with the memo though, still atleast they have their target now.
A magic circle that spans across the entire planet... that is beyond amazing! Looking forward to some dragon beating.
Aug 29, 2014 7:36 PM

Feb 2014
What a good episode there! Got to see Ultear's past and even though she was only able to rewind time backwards for one minute that one minute helped everyone who was a minute away from death. Gray is back! Romeo, Macao, and Wakaba are all ok, Jet and Droy too! Gajeel being able to land that hit perfectly now. Ultear saved a lot more people than she thought she did. Now its time for a new tactic! Destroy the eclipse gate in the present to wipe out that future where they show up! Genius move but it's like they said it should be interesting to see how they destroy such a powerful gate that I'm pretty sure renders magic useless as it drains the magic power. No more fighting the dragons on their terms its time to handle this situation Fairy Tail style! By destroying stuff!! Can't wait to see what the plan is to destroy the eclipse gate next week!
Aug 29, 2014 7:40 PM
Sep 2012
I knew I was going to cry when I saw this. It is so tragic, Ultear gave her life and saved so many people, but she doesn't know that, she thinks she failed, that is the saddest part of it all, and it kind o pisses me off. And also no one know what she did, so she will get no thank yous either.

Okay an excellent episode, I loved the little flashback Ultear is so cute, and we actually see a caring of Hades, there is still a little bit of Precht left inside him at times. Anyway Ultear gives her life and thanks the people that cared for her and realise her life wasn't so bad.

Ultear lives up to her name, leaving people in tears. Anyway Gray, Lexus, Macro, and even Bacchus if anyone cares live on because of an extra minute. Way to go Ultear.

Lucy has found a way to get rid of the dragons, to destroy the portal, Easier said than done, but it is worth a shot.

Next episode, looks like we are going to wrap this battle next episode. The arc is almost over, well we have filler, or go straight to the Sun Village arc, we will know soon enough.
Aug 29, 2014 8:12 PM
Oct 2009
Well, at least they tried to make the significance of Ultear's sacrifice make sense. But my opinions for the arc are unchanged from what they were in the manga: just let it end. Unlike the manga, however, I know for sure just when the end will be. If they're going to do filler after this, I hope it's good. Otherwise, just go to the Sun Village arc please, because it's a huge improvement over this mess, even if it IS kind of a rehash of some of the manga's earlier arcs.
haitoginAug 29, 2014 8:55 PM
Aug 29, 2014 8:56 PM
Feb 2013
blfan said:
I knew I was going to cry when I saw this. It is so tragic, Ultear gave her life and saved so many people, but she doesn't know that, she thinks she failed, that is the saddest part of it all, and it kind o pisses me off. And also no one know what she did, so she will get no thank yous either.

Okay an excellent episode, I loved the little flashback Ultear is so cute, and we actually see a caring of Hades, there is still a little bit of Precht left inside him at times. Anyway Ultear gives her life and thanks the people that cared for her and realise her life wasn't so bad.

Ultear lives up to her name, leaving people in tears. Anyway Gray, Lexus, Macro, and even Bacchus if anyone cares live on because of an extra minute. Way to go Ultear.

Lucy has found a way to get rid of the dragons, to destroy the portal, Easier said than done, but it is worth a shot.

Next episode, looks like we are going to wrap this battle next episode. The arc is almost over, well we have filler, or go straight to the Sun Village arc, we will know soon enough.

if it also wasn't for ultear...lucy wouldn't have been able to make it out where she got trapped surrounded by dragons...she may have never been able to pass the information to everyone else about the portal and everything!this is definitely where ultear should be respected for what shes done...she was willing to sacrifice her life for even saving one person out in the world even though it only reached out to a minute!even so...great episode! XD
Aug 29, 2014 9:33 PM

Dec 2011
Good episode....nice background from Ultear and R.I.P.She gave everyone the chance to counter even if it's only one precious minute.2 episodes left for that arc i think.......
Aug 29, 2014 9:44 PM

Jun 2014
R.I.P. Ultear. I hope everyone realizes you just saved their butts. I thought only Gray would have died, but so many people would have died too 0.0.

Great episode overall
Aug 29, 2014 10:16 PM

Dec 2013
Good episode. I hope the anime will continue to take this path and just drop the childish humor. I'm glad to see Gray is back and honestly disappointed with Juvia's reaction to Gray's death. I'm not going to lie though, I felt awful knowing Ultear died and she thought she didnt save anyone. Poor girl.
Aug 29, 2014 11:19 PM

Aug 2012
Ultear MVP this episode, that 1 minute saved more people then she would have thought.
Aug 29, 2014 11:54 PM

Jan 2013
Damn this shit is dragging on...shitty episode, like the last 3
Aug 30, 2014 12:15 AM

Jul 2013
R.I.P Ultear.
That mere one minute saved more lives than you could've imagined.
Gray gets another chance.
Aug 30, 2014 12:57 AM

Nov 2011
Wow... They waited whole halfish episode until they rezzed all the dead people from last episode!! I know it was coming some point,but boy they couldnt wait longer.
Aug 30, 2014 1:56 AM

Jul 2013
God damn it people

Ultear you sexy beast, even with all the scars you still look hot. I knew it was coming but knowing this is the end of her is really hard. Her and Jellal are the two most complex characters in the series, such a shame we wouldn't be seeing her anymore.
Aug 30, 2014 1:56 AM

May 2014
The saddest part is Ultear dying in regret, thinking that her life meant just one worthless minute, just too sad, all though i doubt she's ACTUALLY dead, she might be just FT dead :P and hoping that she might still be alive even though it might ruin the moment, but i really like Ultear and i did not want to see her go down like this ... as it turns out NO one actually dies in this anime , go figure -_-
Aug 30, 2014 2:23 AM

Oct 2010
I'm I the only one who will miss Ultear? Honestly, she wasn't on the good side long enough. Poor Meredy, I still recollect the time when she was crying in Ultear's arms telling her not to leave her alone. -_-'

Aug 30, 2014 2:28 AM

Aug 2014
i have a feeling that ultear isnt gone for good.. i even keep waiting for simon to show back up in some future episode.
You only think i chose wrong, that's whats so funny!
Aug 30, 2014 2:44 AM
Apr 2011
Just awesome.
Moral of the episode: One minute can be important!
Aug 30, 2014 3:36 AM

May 2014
Amazing episode!

R.I.P Ultear. She gave her life to save everybody. Too bad she thought she failed before she died :( I hope she will have a nice funeral.

Gray got a second chance! And finally the move on from all those boring fights and get back to business.
Aug 30, 2014 3:47 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was great,Ultear saved so many lives.

Aug 30, 2014 3:52 AM

Jun 2012
What a coincidence, totally not an asspull.

inb4 ultear alive as well
Aug 30, 2014 4:12 AM

Dec 2011
Well things clearly aren't going well for the members of the different out there fighting.

Natsu vs Future Rogue still going on...

Oh c'mon lol, not even 2 dragon slayers can take down a single dragon... talk about being OP...

Run Lucy run, ruuuuuun!!!

Aha, so Ultear was in Hades's guild from what her flashbacks told us.

I was sure that Ultear would use that to turn time around, sacrificing herself along the way.

Ultear... sacrificed herself to turn time around just one minute... one minute that made a hell of a lot of a difference it would seem T.T

If only Ultear knew how many people she actually managed to save with that one minute that she managed to turn back.

Now that's one helpful memo-pad to be honest.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 30, 2014 4:18 AM

Dec 2011
Her whole life is only worth a minute. Damn.

Anyways, hoping to see them destroy the gates next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 4:29 AM
Aug 2014
RIP Ultrar. You'll always be remembered.
Aug 30, 2014 5:47 AM

Aug 2013
I love Ultear, she doesn't realize just how important she is and what that minute gave Fairy Tail and the rest of the wizards.
My Candies:
Aug 30, 2014 6:19 AM

Jun 2013
one minute saved everyone
Aug 30, 2014 6:55 AM

May 2013
What a difference a minute makes. Good episode.
Aug 30, 2014 7:02 AM

Dec 2007
Truth be told, I'd rather keep Ultear and dump Gray :P

Gray has been rather stale ever since the stripping and Juvia's antics got old, whereas Ultear's barely been touched on. Oh well, dumping a potentially interesting character is one of the hallmarks of this type of manga/series. That she had to fall to activate a textbook deux ex machina certainly doesn't help.

That being said, it looks like they're beating the dragons next episode. Then we get the party (yay). Next arc, if not filler, will start off weak but quickly pick up.

samesdday said:
What a coincidence, totally not an asspull.

inb4 ultear alive as well
Aug 30, 2014 7:17 AM

Apr 2014
Cobra looking sexy as always. What a guy.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Aug 30, 2014 8:04 AM

May 2013
Gray along with others survived! Thanks to Ultear and her Arc of Time magic. Nice to see the wizards in good shape after seeing the one-minute future. She sure saved a lot there. The counterattack begins.
Aug 30, 2014 9:02 AM

Jun 2012
I liked the music that was playing during Ultear's scene.
Aug 30, 2014 9:32 AM

Aug 2014
great episode, and please people don't write anything about manga please
Aug 30, 2014 9:52 AM

Jan 2014
At first I thought they only killed off Ultear to bring back Gray so I got really pissed, but then I realized how many other people she saved, and that's pretty awesome

poor Ultear though... I only wish she knew what a difference she made :(
Aug 30, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2014
I like this episode, Ultear is kinda awesome (most of the time I don't like her, partly because of her outfit...), everyone survived (I almost feared that Lucy will go back in time like future Lucy) but... when they destroy that gate the dragons will disappear D:
I like Atlas Flame! I want Atlas Flame to live in their time! He's so awesome! D': I hope Natsu will remember Atlas Flame... I hope everyone will remember what happened.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 12:11 PM

Oct 2013
However small one minute might seem, one minute of everyone's lives is certainly way more time than an average person lives. An heroic act to save all others by sacrificing your own time, a redemption indeed. Yet I still feel kind of sour that Ultear had to leave so soon again.
Aug 30, 2014 3:00 PM

Mar 2012
Hibiki07 said:
R.I.P Ultear. She gave her life to save everybody. Too bad she thought she failed before she died :( I hope she will have a nice funeral.

R.I.P? *facepalm*
Ultear is still pretty hot in her elder version, don't cry guys xD jk
Good episode, splendid OSTs as always.
Lucy, dat outfit *o*
b1GZZAug 30, 2014 3:17 PM
Aug 30, 2014 4:36 PM
Aug 2014
I predicted ultear would revive gray but not everyone else!Great episode 5/5
Aug 30, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2013
I'm surprised people are still forgetting what anime they are watching. It's Fairy Tail, nobody dies.

Epic episode though.
MinagatachiAug 30, 2014 7:26 PM
Aug 30, 2014 8:08 PM

Feb 2013
Well everyone still Lives, Shocker. Although i only thought Gray "died" until they showed the rest of the cast seeing the Vision then i thought "oh shit the others technically died a little bit ago." Either way it looks like only one who appears to be Dead is Ultear. Although this in itself remains to be seen. i found it funny though that in that 1 minute everyone died practically at the same time. So much discussion on Death though. Well a "death" of a "good guy" will occur when they Destroy Eclipse, AKA Atlas Flame. I was wondering what they would do with him towards the end, i Highly Doubted he would join Fairy Tail or Something after this arc.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Aug 31, 2014 12:51 AM

Jul 2013
Am I missing something in here? Only "people" remember that 1 minute and manage to survive from deadly strikes but, why don't Dragons also remember the past?

Sorry for grammar mistakes.
Aug 31, 2014 2:12 AM

Dec 2013
I know I'm going to come off as in ass for this but when ultear died, freaking tears streamed down my face from laughter I laughed sooo damn hard for 3 great minutes. At first I was like "noooooooooo poor ultear is going to give up her life" but after watching her past all the way up to the part where she completed the spell I was amazed at how awesome she is for giving up her life to stop the tragedy but when she looked back at the clock and it only went back 1 freaking minute I lost my mind and almost died of laughter I couldn't believe how funny that scene really was to me. Throughout the whole episode I couldn't stop laughing and giggling to myself. I felt shitty for laughing but It still doesn't stop that scene from being hilarious to me. Although it was just 1 minute it was enough of her life time to save everyone and it also became the main factor to them winning the war against rogue and the dragons. My personal opinion loll but yea that scene had me really weak... ROFLMFAO
Aug 31, 2014 11:40 PM

Aug 2012
I was wondering how they were going to deal with all the deaths in this arc... good to know Gray's alive.
Aug 31, 2014 11:52 PM

Jun 2013
Wow I really did not expect Ultear to die like that, but it was very well done.
Sep 1, 2014 10:08 AM

Nov 2013
Damn..i loved this episode!!! It was soo beautiful and sad at the same time ;-;

It was so beautiful and heart warming to see how Ultear have up on her live to save all of them ^~^

But it`s soo sad that in the end she ended up thinking that she didn`t save anyone! :((

Man..I know like Ultear even more :)

And finally..a way to get all of them out of this mess!! ^-^
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Sep 1, 2014 10:43 AM
Apr 2010
I still feel that it was the biggest troll for ultear. XD
Sep 2, 2014 5:15 AM

May 2013
Aw, Ultear thought she didn't save anyone, but in the end, she saved all of the wizards' lives :o
Sep 2, 2014 11:34 PM
Jan 2010
Minagatachi said:
It's Fairy Tail, nobody dies.

Future Lucy died.
Sep 3, 2014 4:32 AM

Aug 2012
v3catsxanime said:
Minagatachi said:

Future Lucy died.
v3catsxanime said:
Minagatachi said:

Future Lucy died.
Also Hades, Zancrow, UR (Her mother), Simon are the most noticeable ones.
Sep 3, 2014 6:34 PM

May 2013
The fights seem too out of focus. We end up seeing one punch from a fight before moving on to the next one... not to mention the cumbersome dragon animation. Decent episode though, especially compared to the last few. Pretty emotional at times, but at others a little boring (as much as I wish it weren't).

Those emotional moments, knew I'd cry in this one.

Sadly I'd have to place fairy tail as the weakest shounen episode I saw this week. At this point with the end coming up Hunter x Hunter is pretty hard to contend with. Naruto is actually interesting since it isn't currently bogged down in the 75% of the show consisting of repetitive flashbacks and dull filler. One Piece had some interesting back story given. I kind of feel as though they could have portrayed the content in this episode better (not necessarily the actual emotional parts, but more so the surrounding events. i.e. everyone blurting out loud that they saw the future... bringing in the narrator to say what we already knew...)

Here's to hoping this arc ends with a bang though!
turtleinshellSep 3, 2014 6:38 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.