Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2009 7:35 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder what Chu's anti-drug is....

RtheO
Apr 10, 2010 9:58 AM

May 2009
Next ep looks gay
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Dec 15, 2011 4:50 PM

Jun 2008
pacuuuuu3 said:
Next ep looks gay

Lol!

Anyway am dissapointed by Urameshi. I thought he would show something extremely awesome the way he was sleeping playing all cool and how they talked about his hard training but nothing really new or extremely powerful. That drunk guy wasn't as awesome as it seemed ether.
The most awesome was Hei in this round.
Sep 9, 2012 9:47 PM
Mar 2010
Monad said:
pacuuuuu3 said:
Next ep looks gay

Lol!

Anyway am dissapointed by Urameshi. I thought he would show something extremely awesome the way he was sleeping playing all cool and how they talked about his hard training but nothing really new or extremely powerful. That drunk guy wasn't as awesome as it seemed ether.
The most awesome was Hei in this round.

Ya seriously! what was the point of training if he is just going to be equal to the guy in THE FIRST ROUND!!
Aug 24, 2013 9:14 AM
Aug 2013
ah, usually yusuke got his superpower in his critical situation ...
but now ??? -_- bare hand fighting ?

and i wonder why every hiei battle is only about 10 minutes
Dec 20, 2014 4:45 PM

Jun 2009
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh. This episode was so boring. Took me 2 weeks to finish this.
Feb 3, 2015 7:14 AM
Aug 2007
All that training and he can now only shoot the Spirit Gun 4 times? What happened to the multiple shots of the Shotgun he was doing earlier? And I could have sworn he must have shot his Spirit Gun quite a few times against that guy with the flute a few episodes ago?

I also don't like how this show just constantly goes from one fight to the next. I mean, OK this is a tournament arc so there'll be lots of fights, but I kinda wish there had been a few episodes between this arc and the previous one.

And finally, it's a bit annoying how they're always facing the strongest fighter they've faced until now. Apart from Toguro, who has now been established as the current big bad, everyone they come up against, someone will say "That Spirit Power! I've never sensed anything like it!".. They always fight against either the most useless fodder, or against the strongest enemy yet.
Mar 19, 2015 10:21 PM

Aug 2013
Raitei said:
All that training and he can now only shoot the Spirit Gun 4 times? What happened to the multiple shots of the Shotgun he was doing earlier? And I could have sworn he must have shot his Spirit Gun quite a few times against that guy with the flute a few episodes ago?

I also don't like how this show just constantly goes from one fight to the next. I mean, OK this is a tournament arc so there'll be lots of fights, but I kinda wish there had been a few episodes between this arc and the previous one.

And finally, it's a bit annoying how they're always facing the strongest fighter they've faced until now. Apart from Toguro, who has now been established as the current big bad, everyone they come up against, someone will say "That Spirit Power! I've never sensed anything like it!".. They always fight against either the most useless fodder, or against the strongest enemy yet.

This. This is getting insanely repetitive and tiring. Literally every fight can be summed up like this

Kuwabara: Immediately gets his ass kicked by a much stronger enemy, and then in super unfunny humor tries to figure out a way to win, which involves barely any action and boring dialogue.

Hiei: Effortlessly rapes his enemies in 5 minutes with 0 challenge

Yusuke: Generic hand to hand combat with a few spirit guns thrown in to the mix. Barely any sustained action. Mostly just generic banter

Kurama: Hasn't actually had a legit fight

Also, this Chu guy has been insanely dissapointing. His fighting style looked cool, but in reality it's pretty much interchangeable with every other generic villain.

Seriously losing hope in this show. Everyone said to wait until the tournament arc for it to get better, yet it's still the same bland shit as before
Mar 24, 2015 4:51 PM

Apr 2014
That was.. decent..?
Meh, it was a boring episode, not gonna lie.
I love the commentator though.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Apr 14, 2015 8:45 AM

Aug 2013
This is dragging on for far longer than necessary.

I wonder if it worked better in its original manga form.
Nov 17, 2015 3:18 PM

Dec 2012
Koto is so great.

I was expecting Yusuke to completely curbstomp because of all that hype. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that the tournament is difficult from round 1.
Feb 11, 2017 12:10 AM

Sep 2015
Hope Chu doesn't die, he is one cool/badass dude. The preview for the next episode looks super exciting!
Mar 26, 2017 4:02 AM

Dec 2013
Chu is enjoyable to watch.
Jul 22, 2017 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
Another good episode, the techniques were more straight forward than I thought.
Dec 27, 2017 4:04 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was definitely drawn out, though I liked some of the weird humor from the announcer. Weird mirror flip alt-coloring of the crowd at the beginning was kinda weird.
Oct 1, 2018 10:15 AM

Nov 2016
Chu is putting up a way better fight than I originally thought. Maybe I underestimated him or overestimated Yusuke.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 28, 2019 3:37 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, this is by far the best fight in this anime thus far. Chu is actually awesome, and he's equally matched against powered up Yuusuke. Good episode.
Apr 13, 2020 4:28 AM

Mar 2020
They really dragging this one
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 4, 2020 1:58 PM

Apr 2017
god, every one of these fights is exactly the same. it's so boring. the cute fox girl is the only thing making this arc interesting.
Aug 9, 2020 10:18 PM

Apr 2020
Urameshi is disappointing! barely any power up
--AbiSa--
Nov 22, 2020 12:25 PM
Feb 2020
This show is really starting to piss me off.

Every time there is a fight going on, the show does one of two things. It either cuts to Koenma or the stupid fucking commentator explaining what just happened for NO FUCKING REASON or just saying something really fucking cringey. Or they cut to the gang cheering Yusuke on and being like "oh wow this guy's really powerful" adding absolutely nothing to the episode.

The thing is I actually enjoy this show, the fights are cool and most of the characters have potential. But WHY do they keep adding this annoying fucking shit that just ruins the pacing and tension of the fight. You'll be sitting there thinking "wow this Chu guy is pretty powerful and is interesting to watch" and there is tension and excitement. But then it will cut to the commentator being like "haha wow that musta hurt haha" like just shut up gah damn.

I'll point out that I'm watching the english dub so I don't know if it's better in the sub or manga. I really do want to like this show and everyone says how great it is but jesus christ is it painful to watch at least right now. If the show keeps pulling shit like this I am for sure going to drop it. I'm not sitting through 80 more episodes of cringey commentators. So I hope it gets better.

(Also side note they fucking ruined Botan)
Dec 7, 2020 2:26 AM

Dec 2007
i have feeling yusuke hiding his true new power for the right time.

and i start to like chu more and more.
Dec 19, 2020 2:31 PM
Jan 2017
Dicklesworth said:
Raitei said:

This. This is getting insanely repetitive and tiring. Literally every fight can be summed up like this

Kuwabara: Immediately gets his ass kicked by a much stronger enemy, and then in super unfunny humor tries to figure out a way to win, which involves barely any action and boring dialogue.

Yusuke: Generic hand to hand combat with a few spirit guns thrown in to the mix. Barely any sustained action. Mostly just generic banter

Also, this Chu guy has been insanely dissapointing. His fighting style looked cool, but in reality it's pretty much interchangeable with every other generic villain.

Seriously losing hope in this show. Everyone said to wait until the tournament arc for it to get better, yet it's still the same bland shit as before

Im actually in utter disbelief you can't about talk this show being repetitive yet you rate battle shounen highly that are arguably more repetitive and dull your not consistent and your being hypocrite. Complaining about shounen troupes yet rates Bleach, DB Super and MHA with 9 or 10's lol. This partly why no takes the anime community seriously. Yu Yu Hakusho came out early 90's and had uniqueness (which is why Bleach was heavily inspired from) those shows I mentioned came after Yu Yu Hakusho so whats their excuse being cliched and repetitive. Keep mind I just started watching Yu Yu Hakusho and I have no nostalgia tied to to the show so no I'm not fanboy
Jan 3, 2021 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
Temujin26S said:
Dicklesworth said:

Im actually in utter disbelief you can't about talk this show being repetitive yet you rate battle shounen highly that are arguably more repetitive and dull your not consistent and your being hypocrite. Complaining about shounen troupes yet rates Bleach, DB Super and MHA with 9 or 10's lol. This partly why no takes the anime community seriously. Yu Yu Hakusho came out early 90's and had uniqueness (which is why Bleach was heavily inspired from) those shows I mentioned came after Yu Yu Hakusho so whats their excuse being cliched and repetitive. Keep mind I just started watching Yu Yu Hakusho and I have no nostalgia tied to to the show so no I'm not fanboy

That's cute. You say you just started watching the show, yet had to look through my profile and post history cause you got so triggered I critiqued it. If you actually looked through my profile, I gave Bleach a 7 (Because unlike Yu Yu Hakusho, the first major arc isn't a generic battle tournament and it actually has a plot). BNHA also blows this shit out of the water. I do understand this was one of the first battle shounen's of it's genre, so it does get some leeway for that, but it's incredibly outdated, and modern series have perfected the conventions it laid out. If you'll notice I also gave HxH a 9, because Togashi perfected his writing style with that series.
Jul 24, 2021 11:26 AM

Aug 2018
lmao at both of them just standing there laughing at each other

Feb 28, 2022 7:14 AM

Jul 2021
It will be very disappointing if Yusuke doesn't win this fight, as he spent all that time sleeping because he thought the other enemies weren't strong enough for him.
asdasdsadad
Nov 14, 2022 8:42 PM

Apr 2016
Amazing how boring this is getting, not even Koenma can't save this from my desire to drop this.
Feb 18, 2023 3:52 PM
May 2020
straight hands throughtout this fight
Apr 15, 6:30 AM

Jun 2017
Sorry, but this fight isn't fun to watch at all.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 96 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

16 by TheStarscream759 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 75 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 16, 2009

26 by Xeehad »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 112 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarthDaimyo - Jun 7, 2010

125 by bubba460z »»
Apr 17, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 95 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

23 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 17, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 71 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 14, 2009

32 by Xeehad »»
Apr 16, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.