Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2009 10:26 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yet another solid episode, this one about Hikaru's kidnapping in Hawaii and Madoka and Kyosuke's attempt to rescue her. I thought the directing of this episode was solid, with some pretty good shots.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 3, 2012 6:21 AM
Dec 2010
description says to watch between 17th-25th eps, Im at 19th but how the hell did they get to Hawai ? :O
Should have i watched it later on ?
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 28, 2012 12:12 PM

May 2010
So like Hikaru to open doors for strangers.

Madoka's english was...never mind. I have nothing nice to say about it lol

Madoka is a pretty good shot to aim so well in the dark

greenmarty said:
description says to watch between 17th-25th eps, Im at 19th but how the hell did they get to Hawai ? :O
Should have i watched it later on ?

Kyousuke said he was invited by Madoka's parents. They were to play a concert at Hawaii.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 11, 2016 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
what's the point of this OVA series again? why didn't they just freaking include these in the main series?
Apr 11, 2016 9:15 PM

Jun 2014
Suspenseful episode. Madoka was lookin' fine with her hair in that ponytail!

I didn't know Madoka was capable of carrying a conversation in English! She also did a good job of firing that gun.

Jan 3, 2017 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
This is completely different, didn't use his powers enough.
I like how Madoka says 'yes' though
Mar 31, 2020 2:19 AM

May 2016
Better than the original show, good quality shots at the beginning.
Madoka looked gorgeous with her new style.
Aug 2, 2021 9:30 AM

Sep 2020
Okay now, THIS was an episode.

It was very good. Madoka was a badass as usual, Kyosuke became more of an active protagonist now that the situation required for him to use the power, and Hikaru was almost a side character, but she had her moments.

Am not really sure whether or not the OVA's will aim for exploration of more genres with KOR, but as of now, this one did it amazingly. It was a thriller for most of it, with a few notes of action by the end, and I think it was very enjoyable, a lot better than the previous episode.
Sep 3, 2021 10:46 PM
Aug 2021
Memorable episode with lots of broken English like, "We're going to throw you off the ocean at Waikiki. And feed you to the sharks." Understandable but oddly worded. I wonder why the English voice actor didn't make it more natural.

Also, is it just me or are these OVAs lesser quality than the TV series? The art is fantastic but the transfer to digital looks really grainy. The TV episodes looked so pristine, they must have been remastered.

A little surprised to see Madoka go braless through most of the episode. I guess she was way ahead of her time. ;)
Jan 16, 2022 11:06 AM

Jan 2018
I'm watching this after watching episode 17. I'm following MAL's order (for now). I probably should've just gone with the release order but I probably won't enjoy watching OVAs which take place in the middle of the main story after concluding the main story. I hope there won't be any major spoilers in these forums.

I'm surprised to see this OVA retain the aesthetics of the TV anime. The only things that are different are obviously the music and the animation quality being way higher than the TV anime that released a few years prior.
The Engrish parts were pure lol.
zetsu_shoren said:
what's the point of this OVA series again? why didn't they just freaking include these in the main series?
There could be various reasons. Things get cut from source to adaptations all the time. Maybe they didn't adapt some of the chapters cause they'd cost a lot to produce, maybe the director thought it was better to just cut them from the main series, maybe it was the author or producer's decision to cut them for whatever reason they felt like. As long as they don't give out official reasonings we'll never know. But it's cool that they decided to make these OVAs at all.
Raizel said:
You do realize this was animated after the original series ended right? So the animators improved and also OVAs have different budget than weekly broadcasted TV anime.
0451Jan 16, 2022 11:35 AM
Jan 16, 2022 11:33 AM

May 2016
0451 said:
Raizel said:
You do realize this was animated after the original series ended right? So the animators improved and also OVAs have different budget than weekly broadcasted TV anime.

Well OVA these days are most of the time not as good as the weekly so I guess I judged it
with that eye.
Jan 16, 2022 11:46 AM

Jan 2018
Raizel said:
0451 said:

Well OVA these days are most of the time not as good as the weekly so I guess I judged it
with that eye.
Well I suppose you're not wrong from that front. Most OVAs nowadays tend to be average in terms of quality and are more or less like normal episodes. I guess OVAs used to be a bigger deal back in the 80's and 90's and also the early 00's.
May 4, 2022 2:46 AM

May 2019
Surprisingly more enjoyable than the original TV series so far.

Nov 27, 2022 6:08 AM

Sep 2021
That ENGRISH

A very suspenseful episode.
Feb 3, 8:49 PM

Jul 2023
This is the first episode of the OAV that I watched as I am following a watch order where certain OAV episodes are inserted within the tv series, then oav 8 after movie 2.

Holy shit! This is great! It'd a step up because it involves violence and abduction, meaning more mature themes, from the juvenile humour of the tv series.

It also makes a lowkey criticism of America when Kasuga mentions guns.

The animation is stunning, reminding you of Akiyuki Shimbou even though he is nowhere a staff here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 8 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 24, 2009

14 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 20, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 1 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 23, 2009

11 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 24, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 6 Discussion

8 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 11, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 5 Discussion

8 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 11, 3:04 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 7 Discussion

10 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 9, 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.