Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Piece Episode 130 Discussion

Mar 29, 2017 5:50 PM

-Celestial- said:
^And that's so freakin' annoying. Pell should be dead, same with Igaram. One Piece could be so much more if Oda wasn't so obsessed with his characters to make them live ridiculous injuries and bring them back to life all the time >.>

Anyway, I like the vibe Robin brings to the crew.

NOBODY DIES IN THIS ANIME

I seriously think Robin is a way better addition to the crew than Vivi. Robin is cool headed, older, powerful, fucking caotic neutral, has an actual job (besides infiltration, manipulation and assassination, she's a geographer - some interesting arc plots can come from this) and also has an impossible dream to keep her going for over 700 episodes. Literally everything opposite to Vivi, and Oda knows that, in long terms she works better. I'm very interested in what she is going to bring to the Straw Hats in the next arc.

Apr 9, 2017 2:21 AM

Know when to kill your characters Oda FFS. Absolutely no reason Pell should be alive. By doing this you take away the impact of dire situations since people will just expect characters to survive without a hint of doubt.

Other than that the interactions with Robin were great, especially Sanji's xD

Aug 11, 2017 4:58 AM

Yeah, the more I think about the more Pell surviving bothers me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Aug 24, 2017 9:31 AM

how the hell is Pell alive? Did he use instant transmission in the last second?

Nov 4, 2017 12:22 AM

Oda seems to halfway fail at showing emotion he almost gets it right but he either shows to little emotion like the ending to the arlong park arc or shows way way to much emotion like the ending of chopper and winter island arc.

also this arc was good, but yeah... no one dying really took away from the entire emotional tole. It was good, but nothing great.

People claim this as the best arc in one peice. All i want to know is, is it true? I really hope out of 800 episodes that episodes 100-130 were not the best this show had to offer.

Feb 8, 2018 12:44 PM

courret said:
-Celestial- said:
^And that's so freakin' annoying. Pell should be dead, same with Igaram. One Piece could be so much more if Oda wasn't so obsessed with his characters to make them live ridiculous injuries and bring them back to life all the time >.>

Anyway, I like the vibe Robin brings to the crew.

NOBODY DIES IN THIS ANIME

I seriously think Robin is a way better addition to the crew than Vivi. Robin is cool headed, older, powerful, fucking caotic neutral, has an actual job (besides infiltration, manipulation and assassination, she's a geographer - some interesting arc plots can come from this) and also has an impossible dream to keep her going for over 700 episodes. Literally everything opposite to Vivi, and Oda knows that, in long terms she works better. I'm very interested in what she is going to bring to the Straw Hats in the next arc.
Multiple people have already died in One Piece tough.

Mar 8, 2018 6:00 PM

I am a little outraged that Pell isn't dead. I gave the anime credit and said "and people say no one dies in One Piece". Well guess what, no one does die in One Piece if they have a name. Rather the no name innocent rebels and royal soldiers, or the no name fish men die but no one with a real presence excluding flashbacks. I need to learn to accept this but it definitely puts a damper on how meaningful Pell's sacrifice was when it wasn't really a sacrifice. I still love that scene for cinematography, directing, and Pell's amazing display of self sacrifice and gratitude right when everyone needed him.... but it loses a bit from this. Perhaps somehow this will be solved in a reasonable way so I'll keep my mind open for that.

It was nice seeing the final goodbyes and farewells to all of our new friends including our filler bandits and pirates. I especially liked Toto laughing about his secret friendship with Luffy.

It's super interesting that Nico Robbin wanted to die, she accepted her death, and yet she gave Luffy an antidote. The reason for that wasn't that she wanted to be saved, nor was it that she thought he'd wake up. It was purely a safety measure so that he'd survive the poison after being crushed and possibly escape. Luffy's response to her pleads to let her die being "Why do I have to listen to you?!" was perfect. So, she has traveled around since she was 8 working under rogues trying to find a Rio Poneglyph that tells the untold history that maybe has to do with Gol. D Rodger or something? I'm probably jumping way too far since we don't have a great hint on what this real history she seeks is. It was also weird how she healed so fast.

Speaking of Nico Robbin, I am a huge advocate for her joining the crew. Our crew up to this point has been almost entirely trustworthy and quickly brotherly with each other ignoring the fact that Nami went through a pseudo-betrayal arc that was foreshadowed. We believe, or at least I do, that none of our original 5, nor would Chopper ever betray each other at this point. Nico Robbin is a wildcard. We will have a brand new dynamic with her on board. She's disconnected from the others, and untrustworthy in my eyes. We don't know when she'd betray or use them for the Rio Poneglyph or something else. That being said, if her goal and drive truly is dead and we can trust everything she's presented I don't imagine she'll be that quick to cause a big problem. I'm fascinated in how such a new kind of member will interact with everyone else. Her confidence is chilling.
The way she immediately got everyone but Zoro on her side, possibly from her past of working with people like Crocodile making it necessary she knows how to make herself useful and be confident, is scary in itself.

May 18, 2018 9:15 AM
(ó㉨ò)ノ♡

So far my One Piece journey is a lot more positive than I figured. Besides some pacing issues I am enjoying it. I could easily complain about the lack of real death or how sometimes characters lose half their teeth and grow them back after the battle though. It definitely isn't perfect but it's entertaining.

Hmm, I don't see how they're going to make Nico Robin appealing to me. None of the crew so far has a dark past like her. She willingly went along with Crocs plans for years for her own ambitions doing who knows what. She was even willing to let an entire nation fall just to find what she wanted. I get that she was "good" in the sense that she lied to Croc to keep him from getting a weapon of mass destruction but I mean it would be silly to act like that makes her good in the end. I can't see her having the same spirit the rest the crew shows. It's going to take a hell of a backstory and a lot of redemption for me to accept her. Maybe that's what the show wants though, to throw in a darker pirate to spice up the show and throw us off balance a bit.

Nov 16, 2018 4:07 PM
♤ Yakuza ♤

lol why they hating on robin :o

Jan 12, 11:58 AM

Although I thought that Pell's death was really awesome and they kind of distroyed that by making him alive again, I'm still overly happy about it. I don't even care much for the reason at this point because Pell was my favorite character and even if it was such a good death scene it just hurt me too much. I think he even might be my favorite character in the whole show up to now.

I don't really like the thought of Robin joining the crew yet but maybe I'll change my mind. I never hated her, actually I always assumed that she's not really bad and also liked her as a character. I wanted Luffy to save her but for me she doesn't really fit in with the rest of the crew...

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

Preview MangaManga Store