Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, I feel bad for Joker now being part of this. I don't feel bad for Father at all though especially after the way he treated those poor kids. I can understand why Joker cares about Father though since he took him and the other circus members in.

Action was pretty fast paced but to point. Sebastian is just so OP :p

Ciel was pretty awesome too imo. This was overall an intense episode. If anything, I wouldn't underestimate either the Circus or Ciel's servants. The action was pretty decent.

Stark700Aug 28, 2014 11:40 AM
Aug 28, 2014 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
First
Can't wait for this episode looks like Ciel have had a bad past and it's time for him to take revenge.
Aug 28, 2014 12:02 PM

Dec 2009
Stark700 said:

Geez, I feel bad for Joker now being part of this. I don't feel bad for Father at all though especially after the way he treated those poor kids. I can understand why Joker cares about Father though since he took him and the other circus members in.

Action was pretty fast paced but to point. Sebastian is just so OP :p

Ciel was pretty awesome too imo. This was overall an intense episode. If anything, I wouldn't underestimate either the Circus or Ciel's servants. The action was pretty decent.

My sentiments exactly. I liked the episode, the battle and that particular moment were great in the manga and to see it on screen was good, but it was somewhat annoying with the fanservice they provide for the Grell fans and those who believe a certain ridiculous theory. (I do find it strange they shifted far too quickly around in that moment. I got the major feeling they were playing our strings like a violin just to get certain people riled up. I also started to wonder if Ciel has MPD... but given that this is just an anime with a good amount of filler thrown in along with the fanservice, I hope people will have the common sense not to take it seriously.)

Well, only two episodes left, I wonder how much they are going to rush for the end. Either way, I'm looking forward to Ciel's epic trauma effect moment.

Aug 28, 2014 12:29 PM

Jun 2014
I think the last episode is gonna introduce the next arc -> Book of Murder.
Ciel was beyond cute as a kid, damn. Father is still a creep for obsessing over him LOL
Aug 28, 2014 1:51 PM

Dec 2009
babymimi said:
Ciel was beyond cute as a kid, damn. Father is still a creep for obsessing over him LOL

Possibly. The last chapter of the arc in the manga didn't but maybe the anime will introduce it. Who knows, only two episode left though.
Too true.. I always love seeing Ciel as a child, but I like him even more now in his present self. LOL, more so than the other kids he had around him.. Love a first sight, or should we say obsession at first sight.

Aug 28, 2014 2:03 PM

Jun 2014
lovelyphantom said:
babymimi said:

Possibly. The last chapter of the arc in the manga didn't but maybe the anime will introduce it. Who knows, only two episode left though.
Too true.. I always love seeing Ciel as a child, but I like him even more now in his present self. LOL, more so than the other kids he had around him.. Love a first sight, or should we say obsession at first sight.

But at the same time it's going really slowly so 2 episodes might be enough to close the Circus arc. We'll see in 2 weeks anyway. Yes he was adorable, no wonder he's so good looking now haha. I still fail to understand Father's obsession.
Aug 28, 2014 2:51 PM

Dec 2009
babymimi said:
lovelyphantom said:

But at the same time it's going really slowly so 2 episodes might be enough to close the Circus arc. We'll see in 2 weeks anyway. Yes he was adorable, no wonder he's so good looking now haha. I still fail to understand Father's obsession.

True, at times it's slow and at some points it rushes, but hopefully you are right because I want to know how they are intending to introduce Book of Murder. LOL, true.. I wonder what he'll look like if he ever manages to get to adult hood. Do we really ever know what goes through a pedo's mind to make them obsess over children? I don't think even a psychiatrist really knows.

Aug 28, 2014 3:15 PM

Nov 2007
FukuJun's character! Finally!

During the memory.. Ciel's father's voice is same as Sabby? A dark truth about the family? That old guy is obsessed with the family's "Special" to the extend that he got his face changed and created those circus group. He only recreated it because he wasn't able to see it himself (others took care of it) when he finished surgery.

Other circus group to the mansion. Finnian and Meilin were able to prevent and not let Elizabeth know about it.

Two more eps. left.
tsubasaloverAug 28, 2014 4:03 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 28, 2014 3:23 PM

Jun 2014
lovelyphantom said:
babymimi said:

True, at times it's slow and at some points it rushes, but hopefully you are right because I want to know how they are intending to introduce Book of Murder. LOL, true.. I wonder what he'll look like if he ever manages to get to adult hood. Do we really ever know what goes through a pedo's mind to make them obsess over children? I don't think even a psychiatrist really knows.

That'd be so exciting if they did, even if it's only a hint. Adult Ciel would look like Vincent with blue eyes imo, hopefully he gets there before the manga ends.
We sure don't, and at this point it's irrelevant. His actions are terrible no matter what.
Aug 28, 2014 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
babymimi said:
lovelyphantom said:

That'd be so exciting if they did, even if it's only a hint. Adult Ciel would look like Vincent with blue eyes imo, hopefully he gets there before the manga ends.
We sure don't, and at this point it's irrelevant. His actions are terrible no matter what.

lovelyphantom said:
babymimi said:

Just so Y'all know the Book of Murder Arc is being made into a movie :)
Aug 28, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
Wow why is everyone useless compared to Sebastian
Aug 28, 2014 10:40 PM

Jul 2010
Grell coming back!
Watching that insane love for the Phantomhive :O
Felt a bit bad that the circus people are getting killed except for Kelvin (he asked for it anyways, just not the way he wanted though.
The Phantomhive servants being badasses and killing the invaders. That brute strength and those accurate shots!
Aug 28, 2014 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, this is the best episode so far, Book of Circus is way better than that 2nd season though.

2 more episodes? i hope it`s not rushed.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Aug 28, 2014 11:06 PM

Jul 2014
Is it just me, or Grell seems crazier than ever? Yeah, I know he wasn't in the manga at this point. Still love him. Still missed him.

What's up with the censor? WTH?

I can't feel sorry for Joker. I started to, but then he had to say so proudly that the circus members are about to attack the mansion, and HE HAD TO wonder, with a smile on his face, how many people are gonna die there. No, sorry, no pity for you.

OMG, I have a new-found love for Finny. Those eyes and that smile. He's creepy. In a cool wonderful way. And that hat was to hide the number on the back of his head? Smart kid!

Aaaand less love for Meirin. Sorry. She missed so many times... But she's still a badass.

No Bard?

And Tanaka is awesome. I don't even know why.
Aug 28, 2014 11:08 PM

Sep 2010
CIEL AND HIS PAPAA! That was too cute to even handle..

Seeing all the deaths animated makes them much more disturbing... I actually liked the circus folks (well some of them) so sucks they die. I actually completely forget how this arc ends so definitely excited for next week.
Aug 28, 2014 11:23 PM

Jun 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
babymimi said:

lovelyphantom said:

Just so Y'all know the Book of Murder Arc is being made into a movie :)

Yes I know! Can't wait for it :)
Aug 28, 2014 11:25 PM

Aug 2014
Grell came back!

Instant 5/5.
Aug 28, 2014 11:52 PM

Aug 2010
DANGGGG THIS EPISODE.
Phantomhive servants are soo bad ass.
Aug 29, 2014 12:19 AM

Mar 2010
Holy S***!!! Those servants... Awesome!!!
Aug 29, 2014 12:25 AM

Mar 2014
This episode was simply.. brilliant.
Learning more about the Phantomhives, Joker's sentiments towards his "Father", and the servants kicking some fucking ass. The amount of gore too. Loved it.

babymimi said:

I haven't read the manga, but if they adapt another arc, I'm gonna be really excited.
Aug 29, 2014 12:46 AM
Nov 2010
Attacking the Phantomhive mansion was a bad idea now, wasn't it?
Aug 29, 2014 2:00 AM

Jun 2014
ReignSixx said:
Learning more about the Phantomhives, Joker's sentiments towards his "Father", and the servants kicking some fucking ass. The amount of gore too. Loved it.

babymimi said:

I haven't read the manga, but if they adapt another arc, I'm gonna be really excited.

Book of Murder is being made into an OVA and Funimation is already showing the trailers for it!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Aug 29, 2014 2:17 AM

Jan 2014
Servants... SO BADASS! My god ^O^
I still feel bad for the children though :/ i hope some of them will survive...
Aug 29, 2014 3:04 AM

Apr 2010
It was difficult to watch, though I knew it will happen. Sometime visual isn't tht good.

Aug 29, 2014 3:14 AM

Nov 2011
Am I the only one not really loving this arc?
It just feels like a filler rather than anything, everything is so random. "Papa's" obsession is too weird. Sebastian doesn't really have many epic moments. And finally I guess the fact that in the end they must save "Elizabeth" kinda kills it for me. She's the one character in all series that I don't like :/ and suddenly shes the drive of the action

I mean I started rewatching the series because of this arc, and S1 is so godly, makes barely hold to my chair even tho I know what happens... I don't get ANY excitement from this arc and it's very frustrating!
Aug 29, 2014 3:18 AM

Apr 2013
Even though Grell wasn't in the Manga, It was good to see him back! The Servants were Badass, can't wait for it to continue next week. Ciel was so cute as a child >.<
Aug 29, 2014 3:45 AM
May 2014
Well that guy is a bit odd jesus christ stalker much....

Was nice to see the Phantomhive servants again, but Finnian looked kinda scary if I'm honest. They killed Wendy pretty brutally though wow i didn't expect that! Bard wasn't there though, or maybe he was flamethrower'ing something in the kitchen ^^
Aug 29, 2014 3:48 AM

Jun 2014
ReignSixx said:

babymimi said:

They're gonna adapt the arc that follows the Circus one, it's coming out in October as Book of Murder.
Aug 29, 2014 4:13 AM

Jan 2008
Too bad they didn't splurt out money on this episode, so much awesome things going on. I'm glad that servants stop being comedic reliefs and show they can kick some ass when needed.

Morridine said:
Sebastian doesn't really have many epic moments.

And I'm, for one, being glad he doesn't. How many scenes of him doing virtually anything perfectly can you have, especially when there is a good number of characters that are in need of more screen time. I'm also not a fan of him, so as long as he serves his role in the story without showing off needlessly, I'm good. But opinions, I know.
Maybe "loving" is too much of a word, but I'm certainly having a better time with this season than I had with transsexual angels, naked dog-men and happy Indians making magical curry bread (sorry, this arc was just ridiculous). So basically I have the same problems with S1 you have with this season ^^
Aug 29, 2014 5:11 AM

Aug 2014
Why they put Grell in anime, I don't like him.. ;c

I love Ciels servants, but I liked some of the circus characters too. Poor Joker, I feel so sorry for him.. ;c
Censoring is not ruining Kuroshitsuji, I think that there is as much blood than in manga.

I hope that the ending is the same as manga.. Ciel, do it! :3

I have to say that this arc is much more better than Kuroshitsuji I and II. It was foolish to change the story so much in those arcs.
Aug 29, 2014 5:58 AM

Jun 2013
Grell is back!! and damn i feel sad for Joker and Finnian is such a beast! and Mey rin is an amazing sniper
Aug 29, 2014 6:35 AM

Jul 2012
lucidbrandon said:
Wow why is everyone useless compared to Sebastian

Because he is fucking awesome?
Or maybe because everyone there is human while he is a powerful demon instead (we did have some intense fights when the enemies were shinigamis, to prove this right) lol

Either way, it's quite obvious why :v

Next episode and the last one will be amazing for sure (intense beyond words), the conclusion of Noah's Arc were probably the best chapters in the entire manga.
Aug 29, 2014 7:25 AM

Dec 2013
lovelyphantom said:
babymimi said:

I feel like if they introduce "Book of Murder," it'll probably be with Ciel getting a visit from Phipps and Grey. That's what I would assume is a good way to introduce the arc while still leaving it as a kind of cliffhanger.

Overall, this episode was good. I'm a little irritated at how they added Grell to it, since he isn't supposed to even appear in the series again until the Campania arc, but that's fanservice for you.

Also a little annoyed that they're splitting the manor fight scene across two episodes, but I guess that will make for better effect. When I read it, I read nonstop from the scene with Joker and Kelvin on, so with everything that happens and with how quickly it all ends, I was just shocked. I suppose it would be impossible to do that all in one episode, so maybe keeping some of the fight scene in the next episode will work out better.

Overall, good episode! The scene when Ciel shot Kelvin and gave his little speech was excellent. Excited for next week!
Aug 29, 2014 8:03 AM

Jun 2013
All the servants at the phantomhive manor are crazy strong. I want to see more Grell next week though.
Aug 29, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2013
wow this episode was crazy

those deaths tho
Aug 29, 2014 8:30 AM

Apr 2010
Morridine said:
Am I the only one not really loving this arc?
It just feels like a filler rather than anything, everything is so random. "Papa's" obsession is too weird. Sebastian doesn't really have many epic moments. And finally I guess the fact that in the end they must save "Elizabeth" kinda kills it for me. She's the one character in all series that I don't like :/ and suddenly shes the drive of the action

I mean I started rewatching the series because of this arc, and S1 is so godly, makes barely hold to my chair even tho I know what happens... I don't get ANY excitement from this arc and it's very frustrating!

This arc is for a change from the manga. Unlike the first one which half of its chapters don't have anything to do with the manga (For example, episodes 7 and 16 weren't in the manga. I don't know about episiode 16, but episode 7 really remind me Sherlock Holmes and dog of Basquervilles. And that's before taking about the last episodes) and the 2nd one didn't have anything in common with manga except the Phantomehive masnion's residents, the shinigamis and Lizy.

The manga is actually, though in the end should arrive to a certian end, is made from stories following one another, and not every story has anything to do with the next or the one before. In the manga, it comes after the competition with Ajin (which also was in the first season), and that also explained his and Sohma's appeareance.

In some point, they act as they started anew. They put a first episode (which wasn't in the manga) which remind the first one of the first season and manga. Aberline was there. In the two 2nd episode Aberline didn't have moustache and the one with moustache was his brother (They met in the train). Here, they show Aberline with moustache, alive and well, not to mention that Ciel couldn't even remember his name, something which may look wierd if you're connecting it to the previous seasons, but males a lot of sense if you read the manga.

This story may look out of the blue, but it is important to the continuance of the manga. The consequence are seen in the ova (but it still has somewhere to go on next with... Though to say the truth, I'm not sure if something really will happen).
EfiChanAug 29, 2014 8:36 AM

Aug 29, 2014 8:50 AM

Apr 2014
I feel bad for all the circus members :'( ;(
SAO : A World With You :)
Aug 29, 2014 8:54 AM

Jul 2010
Crazy.

Tanaka's voiceover in the preview really made me laugh.
Aug 29, 2014 9:17 AM
Sep 2013
Man, all the action in this episode...Seeing the anime with the animation and voice makes it 100% more sad than reading it on manga in my opinion. I feel so bad for those circus guys now :(

On another note, the action was pretty good this episode, I friggin love Grell's laugh at the beginning and forget what I said about Elizabeth last week, she's still adorabely kawaii xD
Aug 29, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2013
this episode was great, crazy and disturbing. the episodes get you somewhat attached to the circus and then you have to watch them die. but the phantomhive servants are as awesome as ever
Aug 29, 2014 10:48 AM

Dec 2011
God no... not Sutcliff again... and here I was hoping that he wouldn't make an appearance this season lol.

Now that's a happy guy there lol... freaking hilarious laugh to be honest XD.

There's the poor lil girl that was selling flowers T.T

Um... for some reason or another Ciel's father reminds of Sebastian since they look pretty similar.

OMG... I think I was about to faint from the kawaii that lil Ciel was emanating :3

"Villainous nobles" eh...

Lord Kelvin is freaking sick and I think he jizzed several times already...

LOL, although I feel bad for Joker to some degree it sure took his severed arm a long time to land on the ground.

Ohooo, they're assaulting the mansion eh, well, good luck with that mission guys lol.

OMG, Finnian's face was epic... even Mey-Rin is going ham his episode...

Well this was one awesome episode to be honest, too bad it's going to end in two episodes :(
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 29, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was actually...scary. The Baron Kelvin's obsession with the Phantomhives is clearly unnatural and extremely unsettling. I've been trying to figure out what this fascination stems from, though I believe it's a combination of attraction to them, since they are, as he said, "beautiful nobles", and respect, because they are very successful. Their level of physical appearance and status will never be attained by Kelvin, who views the Phantomtives as the perfect humans. Even so, I'm catching undertones of child abuse/ pedophilia here. Maybe it's just implied, but it seems like the guy who walked into Kelvin's room in his flashback was associated with some sort of group that participated in such illicit activities.

It was really nice to see Grell come back; though I often find her annoying, she also does lend a touch of humour to the anime and it's funny to see Sebastian, who is usually unfazed by anything, incredibly uncomfortable whenever Grell is around. I also like how we got to see more of the servant's abilities, as a reminder that they aren't just bumbling people that can't do anything right. Though, as a side note, I can never look at Finnian in the same way again because his seiyuu is the same as Eren Jaeger's...

Does anyone ever mention the reason that Sebastian looks similar to Vincent Phantomhive? I read a few theories that as a demon, he modeled his human form after Ciel's father because Ciel told him to/ he wanted to seem familiar to his master. Additionally, I've heard his name derives from that of Ciel's childhood pet. Definitely going to need some official confirmation here, though.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 29, 2014 2:47 PM

Mar 2013
Very good episode

Ciel was very cute as a child. And his father , Vincent , really looks like Sebastian !?

Phantomhive servants are the best !!😀😀
Aug 29, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2009
wow... shit got real.

I don't want them to die :<
Aug 29, 2014 3:52 PM
Apr 2011
Really good episode.
The whole arc is better then I excepted, sadly that only 2 episode remains.
Aug 29, 2014 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
Grel finally. The series now is complete for me at least. Nice action indeed but bit too fast. Anyway Finian abd Nei Rin were amazing. All those gun wow they thought everything.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Aug 29, 2014 5:32 PM

Apr 2011
Ciel is so cute as a child! I see another reason why they called him Smile!

Sebas-chan!!!
May our fates intertwine verily. - Noragami
Aug 29, 2014 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode! :3

I'm generally a very sympathetic person and I always end up forgiving characters (except rapist...) but I can only say that while I wasn't completely unsympathetic the amount of sympathy i felt for the circus troupe was low. Didn't care when Wendy or that other kid died. Didn't care when Jumbo died. Even got pissed when Jumbo said "forgive me" after he thought he killed Finny. They're just completely in the wrong. Doing these things out of a sense of duty for Kelvin is unacceptable.

Joker begging for Kelvin to be spared was also a joke. Like really you can help murder innocent children who are much like the people you want to save and then expect someone else to sympathize with you for the simple reason that he's your "father" and you still "need" him? Disgusting.

On another note Meyrin is a total badass and Ciel was such a cute kid <3
Wish there was more Sebby in this ep (tho seeing Tanaka kinda made up for that)
Aug 29, 2014 7:07 PM

Mar 2014
Yes, that's the way my person likes it.
My person almost forgot that they were strong/powerful.
That was a cool episode and a cool killing spree.
Aug 29, 2014 7:16 PM

Jan 2014
I really feel bad for Joker and the crew, not so much for Kelvin who is a really twisted pedophilic bastard beyond any sort of help or recovery. Still I've found it rather exaggerated (yes I know of his power) how Sebastian sliced Joker's arm with a knife.

Servants were really creepy, Finnian the most at that with his psycho mode. And then Tanaka calmly telling Elizabeth not to worry while there was a corpse on the hallway '-'
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

146 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

130 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

92 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

72 by Elyshion »»
Apr 3, 3:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.