Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2014 10:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wait, they're using the second OP song from Persona 4 series? Not that I mind but it felt strange.

>Date
Oh boy. The show is back to its lighthearted mood again. But yeah, this is really like the original series now but with Marie in it. Well maybe she'll be leaving soon..

Protip: don't piss off Ebihara. That face of hers tells a story, a scary one.
Stark700Aug 28, 2014 12:16 PM
Aug 28, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2007
Thought I got the wrong show for a sec when I saw that opening. I guess they were going out of their way to show that Marie is gone. Well this was a nice ep. Naoto's reaction pretty much saved the ep for me and her crazy delusions on the reason Yu ask if she was free. Poor Yu he was getting all hit on when that whole misunderstanding was cleared up. Glad they kept the fever thing with Yu and seeing Marie in his dreams.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 28, 2014 12:44 PM

May 2013
Lol the girls with their misunderstandings, especially with Naoto. Can't wait for next week's ski trip episode. Should be a lot of fun.
Aug 28, 2014 12:50 PM

Oct 2013
The second show opening? Wait what?.... Meh whatever. Got to hear some Yumi Kawamura again so I'm satisfied.

Alright! Time for Christmas! I knew they were going to go with the group party route but still... Kinda disappointed... again... God damnit show some romance for once!!! Atleast we got some misunderstandings from the girls.

Oh come on Naoto... do you really think your friends will murder you? After everything you've all been through?

And the girls all gang up on Yu for their mistake like they do Every, Single, Fucking, Time... God I really hate this part about P4. All the time the guys get shit on when most of the time it's not their fault.

I still really want that Teddie doll. :(

And next episode we'll prob have the Ski trip and the introduction to the Hollow forest. We're nearing the ending ladies and gentlemen!
"No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end."
Aug 28, 2014 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Lol @ the whole part the girls got some misunderstandings.
Aug 28, 2014 1:53 PM
Nov 2011
keeetzAug 28, 2014 2:52 PM
Aug 28, 2014 2:07 PM

Mar 2013
Naoto misunderstanding was the best.
Aug 28, 2014 2:42 PM

Aug 2012
Another funny ep.

Loved Naoto's misunderstanding.

Kinda sad for Marie though, hope Yuu will remember her next ep.
Aug 28, 2014 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
OP2 from P4A.

After the new character being gone.

Christmas time, and guys are preparing. All girls are thinking he invited for a date... lol~ @ the detective girl. Weird Santa drama, though.

Everyone cannot help out with the preparation, more misunderstanding by girls coming early in different times and he told them to help out. Also one of three characters that Kura asked. The girls are mad because of misunderstanding. Wow, Chirstmas/the little girl's b-day, then New year? That's fast. Then dreaming that missing character when he's sick.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 28, 2014 7:06 PM

Dec 2008
Naoto's imagination was hilarious!
Why does Yu have to remember Marie? This episode was SO much better without her tsundere nonsense.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 28, 2014 10:10 PM

Mar 2013
Of course without Marie,Golden Animation went back to just Animation.
Aug 28, 2014 10:16 PM

Jan 2008
Oh god, this episode was a hilarious clusterfuck of misunderstandings.

Naoto was just golden this episode.
PaulAug 28, 2014 10:20 PM
Aug 28, 2014 11:52 PM

Dec 2011
Might be my favorite episode so far.
Aug 29, 2014 12:47 AM

Mar 2012
Best episode so far, it was really funny!
Aug 29, 2014 3:01 AM

Dec 2013
keeetz said:

That made me do a spit take, nice pic!
Hi!
Aug 29, 2014 3:38 AM

Mar 2013
God, Naoto's Japanese voice is really unbearable sometimes. In fact, the Japanese dub in general is just such a huge disappointment next to the English dub. I like Yuu, Nanako, Dojima and Kanji's voices, but a lot of the others are just... no. And even then, Kanji's voice still isn't up to par with the dub. It's not even that the voice actors are bad at what they're doing, they just plain don't sound right, and Naoto's voice sounds so horribly put on. I don't know if they intended for it to sound that way, but I think someone needs to tell Atlus that regular deep voiced girls actually exist. Although judging by how high Rise's voice is, they might need some convincing.

A lack of Marie on majority made this easily the best episode so far, even if we did have to endure Yuu's stupid fever dream. Naoto was the best bit though, jesus christ. But... Teddie, did you really just make Nanako a doll out of your own fur clippings? That's, uh... nice of you...

Is every episode just going to be cute OVA-style stuff with no shout backs to the original plot from now on, then? Because I'm fine with that. I think it might leave the last episode feeling lacklustre though, unless they do something really big with it.
Aug 29, 2014 6:03 AM

Jun 2013
a new OP and lol i loved that series of misunderstandings
Aug 29, 2014 7:07 AM

Aug 2013
Ah this was a nice episode,I laugh pretty hard with Naoto.I hope the next is like this one.
Aug 29, 2014 8:27 AM

Feb 2014
Seeing the P4A OP made me think I was watching something else for a second, although since Marie has gone, it does make sense I guess. Still, keys plus words is a great song though! ^_^

The misunderstandings went into overdrive and I couldn't stop laughing, especially Naoto, turning up at the Dojima residence in riot gear! XD

Thanks to that, Yu got pinched and kicked and deserved all of it too.

Looking foward to how they adapt the ski trip now. =D
Aug 29, 2014 10:46 AM

Mar 2013
Iktoro99 said:
straggy said:
God, Naoto's Japanese voice is really unbearable sometimes. In fact, the Japanese dub in general is just such a huge disappointment next to the English dub. I like Yuu, Nanako, Dojima and Kanji's voices, but a lot of the others are just... no. And even then, Kanji's voice still isn't up to par with the dub. It's not even that the voice actors are bad at what they're doing, they just plain don't sound right, and Naoto's voice sounds so horribly put on. I don't know if they intended for it to sound that way, but I think someone needs to tell Atlus that regular deep voiced girls actually exist. Although judging by how high Rise's voice is, they might need some convincing.

Don't blame Atlus, there are a lot of Japanese voice actresses with nasally voices out there and only a few ones with regular deep voices. I did some research about this once and I found out that the reason why a lot of Japanese voice actresses - and other women - have high-pitched voices is because they train their voices. It's considered unfeminine to have a "normal" voice in Japan, and in today's Japanese society the gender roles are still substansial. It's very important to most women to be feminine. So though there is a big amount of decent voice actresses it's probably pretty hard to find someone with a deeper voice - and, as I said, high-pitched voices are considered normal in that country. Japanese Atlus is primarly targeting a Japanese audience, not an American/European audience.

Out of curiosity, why do you think that Naoto's voice is out of place? It should be more fitting than the English one, considering that her Japanese voice is way deeper which fits the tomboyish detective (Romi Park is actually known for voicing boys/masculine girls). But oh well, I guess it's all about personal preferences and which dub you heard first

Yeah, I'd already figured that Japanese voice actresses have really high voices thanks to watching anime for a while now, but it's the fact that it just sounds like a girl with a very high voice doing a fake deep voice. I guess she's doing it intentionally because I looked up the voice actress and I really liked her voice when she was Pakunoda in HxH, Ragyou in Kill La Kill and Hanji in SNK (in fact, Hanji's voice is my favourite in the Japanese dub there), but here it sounds weird. It almost doesn't sound like the same voice.
Aug 29, 2014 12:43 PM

Aug 2007
straggy said:

Yeah, I'd already figured that Japanese voice actresses have really high voices thanks to watching anime for a while now, but it's the fact that it just sounds like a girl with a very high voice doing a fake deep voice. I guess she's doing it intentionally because I looked up the voice actress and I really liked her voice when she was Pakunoda in HxH, Ragyou in Kill La Kill and Hanji in SNK (in fact, Hanji's voice is my favourite in the Japanese dub there), but here it sounds weird. It almost doesn't sound like the same voice.

Right she is doing it intentionally or even suggested since as Iktoro99 said she's going to fit her voice as Naoto's personality which is to be a tomboyish detective. If you remember from the original anime not sure you played the games there was a reason why Naoto's voice was deep. Though I thought even the dub was faithful to this also with her voice in the game she kept it deep also.
Aug 29, 2014 2:19 PM

Apr 2014
Usually Romi Park voices Naoto like no one else, but today she sounded particularly strained. Still more believable than the English dub VA but not at its best. (Not to harp on the English dub, which is fantastic, but Naoto's dark secret was never all that surprising when her voice couldn't be considered masculine by Western standards.)

Love how the P4A OP was used instead of the Golden one -- it suggests that the original animation/game could have had Marie in its timeline but was erased from memory.

Yayyy Adachi! Like how the episode follows up on the consequences of Adachi's episodes. He confesses his crimes because he admits -- on some level -- that he was wrong. If he was a total sociopath/psychopath he could have denied the whole thing -- there's no proof besides the words of a bunch of teenagers against a police detective, after all. He was an ordinary person who did evil things, denied his culpability by placing the blame on others, then (like ordinary people can do) realize how screwed up they've become and fess up. Adachi isn't a decent person but he's an believable one, a reminder to all that the criminal role is one any person can fill, and I like that.
Aug 29, 2014 3:26 PM

Feb 2011
Decent episode.. OP from P4A was awesome to see again though! Different OP because Marie is gone maybe?

The way stuff happened in this episode was pretty cliche and annoying.. Went just a bit too overboard with it sometimes. The last 1/4 almost made it up though.

And is it just me, or was the art ABSOLUTELY horrendous at some points? I mean, wtf is this thing even supposed to be?? That shit looks nothing like Yukiko Amagi!

Aug 29, 2014 5:38 PM

Jan 2008
This episode was just one hell of a roller coaster ride.

Got confused for a second there when they showed an old opening from previous persona 4 anime. Did they do it on purpose, or did someone just screw up? That can't be though, since they changed the text to add "The Golden" to the title, so it must have been a conscious decision, even if it was unnecessary.

A Christmas party...I should have known. Was still fun seeing all the girls flustered thinking it was going to be a Christmas date. Naoto's reaction was the funniest out of them all.

I really hope they bring back Marie soon, since Yuu is already feeling something is missing.

Ski trip episode up next!

Almost forgot to mention it, but doesn't look like Margaret will get a whole lot of screen-time, with the few episodes left.

Bakufreak said:
Different OP because Marie is gone maybe?

And is it just me, or was the art ABSOLUTELY horrendous at some points? I mean, wtf is this thing even supposed to be?? That shit looks nothing like Yukiko Amagi!

Interesting theory about the different op.

As for the shoddy bits...hopefully they'll be fixed in the BD/DVD release.
Aug 29, 2014 5:47 PM

Jan 2008
Bakufreak said:

That's A1 for you. From what I can see, they probably spent a lot of the previous episode and less on this one.
Aug 30, 2014 1:22 PM

Mar 2013
DivineTrinity said:
straggy said:

Right she is doing it intentionally or even suggested since as Iktoro99 said she's going to fit her voice as Naoto's personality which is to be a tomboyish detective. If you remember from the original anime not sure you played the games there was a reason why Naoto's voice was deep. Though I thought even the dub was faithful to this also with her voice in the game she kept it deep also.

Just because there's a reason for it doesn't mean it sounds good.

currycurry said:
Usually Romi Park voices Naoto like no one else, but today she sounded particularly strained. Still more believable than the English dub VA but not at its best. (Not to harp on the English dub, which is fantastic, but Naoto's dark secret was never all that surprising when her voice couldn't be considered masculine by Western standards.)

Like this post says, it sounds strained. That's my exact point. There's a real fakeness to it that's offputting as hell. This is like the first episode she had substantial actual lines in, and this anime is the first time I've heard any of the Japanese voices, so if it's usually decent then this was just a shitty first impression.

I disagree on the second point, though - I thought she was a guy at first like they intended because English dubs usually follow the Japanese and give young/short boys female voices. Compared to other dubs, she really did just sound like the way they voice feminine looking/younger boys.
Aug 31, 2014 6:41 AM

Sep 2013
That Eyecatch with really Cute Naoto on it~
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 31, 2014 6:43 AM

Sep 2013
Khaledwx said:
a new OP and lol i loved that series of misunderstandings

Actually It was not a new OP, It's just a 2nd OP from P4A
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 31, 2014 7:26 AM

Dec 2012
Paranoid Naoto :P
Delighted to see how this has become my weekly summer comedy.
SuitedupAug 31, 2014 11:40 AM
Aug 31, 2014 4:35 PM
May 2014
OMG I laughed hard when Naoto showed up with a Police mask and a night stick. XD

She made that episode GOLDEN. (Pun intended)
Aug 31, 2014 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
That was a pretty funny episode, Naoto's paranoia had me in stitches. From the preview it looks like we might get Naoto's 'cabin scene' which imo, was the best scene. Can't wait.
Sep 1, 2014 5:58 AM

Apr 2013
Bakufreak said:
Decent episode.. OP from P4A was awesome to see again though! Different OP because Marie is gone maybe?

The way stuff happened in this episode was pretty cliche and annoying.. Went just a bit too overboard with it sometimes. The last 1/4 almost made it up though.

The art is very poor at times, but Yukiko tends to get the worst treatment as shown in that pic. A1 pictures think she's worst girl?
Sep 2, 2014 8:04 AM

Sep 2011
Kilnerbanker said:

The art is very poor at times, but Yukiko tends to get the worst treatment as shown in that pic. A1 pictures think she's worst girl?

I don't know, it seemed to me that they favored Marie this time around as the only love interest. The rest of the female cast seems more rom-com this time around.

I haven't watched the original P4 anime in a long time, but didn't they favor Yukiko in that one?

Either way, it's pretty obvious Marie is going to be the main love interest for the rest of the series. Since in Golden she's romantically involved with the MC regardless of what other girl you romance. Not to mention

I just want to see Kaguya animated and hopefully Izanagi-no-Okami.
Sep 4, 2014 11:16 PM

May 2011
Paul said:
Bakufreak said:

That's A1 for you. From what I can see, they probably spent a lot of the previous episode and less on this one.

Moneys gotta go to SAO II ya know
Sep 5, 2014 4:29 PM

Nov 2008
Naoto saved the whole episode.
Sep 5, 2014 8:59 PM

Sep 2008
"Ho, ho."
Sep 8, 2014 1:16 PM

Mar 2008
5 out of 5: Loved it! (your vote)

This ep was hilarious. + more of the stylish and moe Yukiko <3

Sep 9, 2014 1:27 PM

May 2013
I honestly had to check to see if I didn't click on the wrong series when I saw the opening
Dec 31, 2014 5:41 PM

Jan 2011
Not sure if the misunderstandings or the "ho, ho" in between was better, but it sure was hilarious.

And i even timed it right for New Year's! (without me knowing before ofc.)
Jul 21, 2015 4:17 AM

Jun 2014
This is why Golden is better than P4A, way more new material. All P4A had going for it was that Nanako detective episode and the Mitsuo Kubo fight having that trippy sequence.
Apr 24, 2016 5:20 AM

Nov 2012
Hilarious episode... I wonder if they make this episode for the remainder that harem route is a bad choice.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 3, 2017 4:32 PM

Mar 2017
I am super sad that there was no poem from Marie-chan. Maybe she really is gone...

The intro was a lot of fun! I'm definitely a fan of it. :D

Really funny episode overall. I enjoyed everyone's confusion about Yu's intentions. Naoto's delusions were especially hilarious. I appreciate Yu being so secretive about what was going on. I wonder if he knew it would cause such problems?

Yu getting kicked by all the girls at the end was hilarious! He took it like a champ. XD
Aug 1, 2020 12:07 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao everyone misunderstanding Yuu's vague request for some romantic date while Naoto here thinks up a whole murder scenario. Dammit girls, y'all had only one job....poor Yuu. So what happened last episode erased Marie's existence from everyone's memory, no wonder Marie wasn't at the party (for better or worse).

May 7, 2021 3:03 PM

Apr 2012
The salmon was a nice touch.
Jun 23, 2021 5:31 PM

Dec 2015
Some people had way too much fun writing this episode.

Paul said:

Wow, I even forgot that this is being animated by A1-Pictures. The corner-cutting is real on that studio.
Jul 9, 2021 3:47 AM

Jan 2018
The opening and the velvet room scene threw me off. I thought I was accidentally watching Persona 4 the Animation again. But hey, the OP 2 is an absolute banger so I'll overlook this. The OPs in the main series were better than the one in the Golden.
May 24, 2023 3:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
LMAO the whole christmas eve misunderstanding was hilarious, poor Naoto feared for her life xD

More topics from this board

» Best Girl?

BokukkoFan - May 30, 2023

13 by hikkiyuki »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

51 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

99 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:52 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

63 by 0451 »»
Jul 9, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » I'm surprised this is so much less popular than the 2011 anime.

IWannaDeleteThis - Sep 27, 2014

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.