Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 30, 2014 4:04 AM

Dec 2010
Probably the best episode up to now, the quality was great too. Touko was adorable. The sceneat the rooftop was so good.

Linkark07 said:
Poor Hiro. Just forget about that girl and move on with your life.
Well, he pretty much tries to.

OG-3 said:
Wait, what was the point of this whole episode? All 20 minutes were wasted on useless interactions except for a few minutes before the end of the episode.
Do you even SOL?
Aug 30, 2014 4:20 AM

Jan 2014
I didn't get the confession. Care to explain me why "those are my lines" should be a confession?I'm not criticizing, I just don't get it.
Aug 30, 2014 6:41 AM
Oct 2011
I really hope for a plot twist going on for the next episode.

It would be great anime..
if one of them...
die
Aug 30, 2014 6:50 AM

Jul 2013
Zelgadis94 said:
I didn't get the confession. Care to explain me why "those are my lines" should be a confession?I'm not criticizing, I just don't get it.

Earlier, Touko said that the moon is beautiful (or something like that, I kinda fell asleep, lol), then Sachi said these words.
As Hiro explained before Sachi's confession, Natsume Soseki, a famous Japanese writer, translated the words "I love you" to the phrase "the moon is beautiful tonight" in Japanese, hence- Sachi confessed by saying it. It's all explained in the episode (I was half watching, but I knew about this phrase before) .
Aug 30, 2014 7:14 AM

Jan 2008
BlackenedGirl said:

Earlier, Touko said that the moon is beautiful (or something like that, I kinda fell asleep, lol), then Sachi said these words.
As Hiro explained before Sachi's confession, Natsume Soseki, a famous Japanese writer, translated the words "I love you" to the phrase "the moon is beautiful tonight" in Japanese, hence- Sachi confessed by saying it. It's all explained in the episode (I was half watching, but I knew about this phrase before) .

Exactly, because "tsuki" (moon) sounds almost like "suki" (like/love), which is the core of said translation. Nifty, if you ask me.
I started to wonder if other books that Hiro was reading along with Sacchan earlier could serve as a metaphor or something. Not that it changes anything at this point and no "depth" will help this series but still. Might be interesting. Sacchan read something from Antoine Saint-Exupery at one point, didn't she?
Aug 30, 2014 8:47 AM

Jun 2013
Well it was coming, an inevitable yuri
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Aug 30, 2014 8:49 AM

Jan 2014
Ciara said:
BlackenedGirl said:

Exactly, because "tsuki" (moon) sounds almost like "suki" (like/love), which is the core of said translation. Nifty, if you ask me.
I started to wonder if other books that Hiro was reading along with Sacchan earlier could serve as a metaphor or something. Not that it changes anything at this point and no "depth" will help this series but still. Might be interesting. Sacchan read something from Antoine Saint-Exupery at one point, didn't she?

Thank you, I did get that it had to do with translations and phonetic similarities, but I didn't manage to put it straight in my mind. Thanks for clarifying it :D
Aug 30, 2014 10:24 AM

Jul 2012
laldonkaments said:
So that's how teens nowadays write texts, huh. Are the weather SMS some secret code? Like "Clouds are all fluffy'n'puffy" = "I'm groping my breasts right now"?!

LOLOL
Aug 30, 2014 12:04 PM

Apr 2012
Well another Mindfuck and clueless episode.

well it's not the first time.
Aug 30, 2014 8:12 PM

Mar 2014
Such a pretty episode. I liked the way they ended the episode.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 30, 2014 10:30 PM

Jul 2008
This has got to be one of the strangest shows this season, so we have a lesbian now and if things keep progressing this way, a relationship might not even be cemented.
Aug 31, 2014 12:41 AM
Oct 2013
Dropped.
Aug 31, 2014 1:49 AM
Aug 2014
The one thing that caught me was the uber lightning speed of Kakeru walking away from the glass works. WTF Kakeru. Touko hesitates for about 2 seconds and decides to follow you, only to eat your dust. I mean, how can you be that fast? -_-
Aug 31, 2014 2:09 AM
Dec 2013
what was the point of Sachi leading Hiro on like that? Smh, he didn't need to be there for that
Aug 31, 2014 2:40 AM
Aug 2014
mylesperhour said:
what was the point of Sachi leading Hiro on like that? Smh, he didn't need to be there for that

It's for "Oh look how I'll use you to make this smooth confession of mine to work" or "In your face the only normal person in this anime"

But seriously, why do that Sachi? I was hoping for a Hiro x Sachi, but no. Better Hiro alone than to stick with that yuri sadist.
Aug 31, 2014 2:51 AM

Aug 2013
TheArchangel said:
I was almost 100% sure she was going to jump from the top of that tower. Wouldn't that be fitting? Talking about how beautiful the moon is, talking about romantic writers, and then BAM.

No lie, I would've given this best anime of the summer award if that happened.

Ugh, another shitty episode...other than that ending!! Damn. Hands down the most interesting thing that's happened in all 9 episodes.

I feel like every episode has a stupid ass pointless scene that literally does nothing for the show and I have to point it out every week. Like 2 episodes ago, the 5 second scene where Okikura's mom was giving his dad a shoulder rub. that was it. seriously. There was one last week I forget what it was though. Then there's this week with the Hiro scene where he reads his phone and just goes "tomorrow, why?" Scene literally cuts out then. It was less than 5 seconds. Then the bathroom scene with Touko and her sister. No story altering dialogue was said at all. Wasn't even a fanservice scene.

I just don't get it...
Aug 31, 2014 3:05 AM

Jan 2014
Jonesy974 said:
TheArchangel said:
I was almost 100% sure she was going to jump from the top of that tower. Wouldn't that be fitting? Talking about how beautiful the moon is, talking about romantic writers, and then BAM.

Ugh, another shitty episode...other than that ending!! Damn. Hands down the most interesting thing that's happened in all 9 episodes.

I feel like every episode has a stupid ass pointless scene that literally does nothing for the show and I have to point it out every week. Like 2 episodes ago, the 5 second scene where Okikura's mom was giving his dad a shoulder rub. that was it. seriously. There was one last week I forget what it was though. Then there's this week with the Hiro scene where he reads his phone and just goes "tomorrow, why?" Scene literally cuts out then. It was less than 5 seconds. Then the bathroom scene with Touko and her sister. No story altering dialogue was said at all. Wasn't even a fanservice scene.

I just don't get it...

You should be thankful about no shitty and useless dialogues.
Aug 31, 2014 5:58 AM

Apr 2012
Jonesy974 said:
TheArchangel said:

I just don't get it...

I almost agree with you, but i dont know if i rather that shitty pointless dialogues to the real ones... Basicly everytime Touko opens the mouth, it's to say some nonsense...
Aug 31, 2014 12:26 PM

Nov 2010
No more magic, just plain carefree problem and...

Yuri! As predicted by some other viewers, it's was a good build up to the end
Hina service was nice
Aug 31, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2014
To be honest, I wouldn't mind Sacchan confessing to Touko. There have been a lot of hints from the beginning, and you can tell that she has a soft spot for her.

However, what I don't like is what this will do to Hiro. He's my second favorite character of the series, and probably the only one whose done nothing stupid to make me and other people dislike him. He even had the balls to call Sacchan out on her shit when she did the mean thing to Touko and Kakeru (even though I can't remember it at the moment).

I just hope that whatever happens Hiro's feelings are spared.

Aug 31, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2012
kentick said:
I almost agree with you, but i dont know if i rather that shitty pointless dialogues to the real ones... Basicly everytime Touko opens the mouth, it's to say some nonsense...

Or "Eh?!"
Aug 31, 2014 3:55 PM

Jan 2011
If they'd only leave Hiro out of this. Everyone else is so messed up and continues to hurt the others with his or her behaviour, they basically deserve to get hurt themselves.

It might all miraciously come around, but from what we know right now, Hiro should abandon them. Best would be to move out of town. Alternatively he can join the dark side give in and simply laugh at the broken wrecks they've become everytime he sees them.
Aug 31, 2014 8:20 PM

Dec 2010
See I really liked Sachan in the beginning, but she's just becoming a pretty awful person. Unless she has something up her sleeve. She's stringing Hiro along, and the problem is, he's probably one of the best characters.

I feel like this show is doing stuff, but I can't really figure out what we are supposed to take away from what's going on.

Oh well, it's pretty at least, and I'm looking forward to what Sachan will do next and how Touko will react.
Aug 31, 2014 8:47 PM

Jun 2013
Another strong episode :) i really wish people would lay off Sacchi, yes shez being selfish but shes confused and in love, being in love makes you do stupid things,i dont think shes a bad person..... and its been shown multiple times that she has a good heart.
Aug 31, 2014 9:51 PM

Jun 2010
No "EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?" this episode?
I'm in dispair.

Also,
Sep 1, 2014 12:47 AM

Aug 2008
I guess Sacchi's check-ups are related to neural or psychological issues. With what so many people are saying, she does give strange vibes with her obsession about Touko. It's certain if she claims she has something like romantic feelings for her. Next question would be how Hiro will act after something like that. Get over it and don't bother with a crazy person any more, or try to help her.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 1, 2014 3:35 AM

May 2013
....so why was Hiro invited there?

Poor guy, looking forward to a shitstorm next episode.
Sep 1, 2014 3:44 AM

Jan 2014
Cazzoe said:

Because this way Sachi would have killed two birds with one stone.
Sep 1, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
Sep 1, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2009
So she means she loves both, Touko (like everyone noticed since ep. 1) and Hiro...the only reason why I keep with it it's coz I like Yana...
Sep 1, 2014 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes, I think the only reason I watch this show is because every Thursday is an off-day and I have the time... one episode a week doesn't feel like much of a commitment... and now that I'm 9 episodes in, I figure, "Well, why not finish the damn thing?"

I think it's a visually pretty show... but the pacing is so slow for me and I don't find any of the characters really compelling.

I think Jonathan might be my favorite.
Sep 1, 2014 5:11 PM

Apr 2012
xbobx said:
No "EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?" this episode?
I'm in dispair.

Also,

Hiro's Onee-chan best girl without any doubt :D
Sep 2, 2014 4:57 AM

Oct 2013
Cazzoe said:

Oh you know, just to reassure him that he will never ever get dat b00ty.
Sep 2, 2014 8:32 AM

Aug 2012
Hard to stay awake/10
Sep 2, 2014 9:23 AM

Jan 2014
kentick said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Nice one!

My fanfic was way simpler. Lucy from elfen lied happens to be there and killed them all. End.

But don't worry, the point is that they die. If only Sacchan dies, it's ok, I'll be pleased.
i would watch both...Make it happen P.A. Works...
Sep 2, 2014 3:56 PM

Jan 2014
Why did she make Hiro her boyfriend anyway if she's planned to do this all along?!
Oh,I hate these kind of scenarios... Arghhh!! Darn it Sacchan -.-
Sep 2, 2014 7:46 PM

Aug 2011
This anime makes no sense whatsoever.

» Escapism.

Sep 3, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2013
FestinaLente said:
Why did she make Hiro her boyfriend anyway if she's planned to do this all along?!
Oh,I hate these kind of scenarios... Arghhh!! Darn it Sacchan -.-
And @ anyone else asking why Hiro was brought along:

Clearly she wanted him to be there to hear that she was confessing to Touko so he would find out straight from her and not after the fact. Also explains why she seemed relatively loveless around him even though they were "dating". Basically just knocking out two awkward conversations with one!
Sep 3, 2014 12:58 PM

Feb 2014
DStev said:
Hard to stay awake/10

My thoughts exactly. I kept dozing off =.=

This anime is so BORING. UGH
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2014 8:58 PM

Mar 2011
tbh skipped through most of the episode, tired of all these characters -- but mostly want 2 strangle sachii

0/10
Sep 3, 2014 9:31 PM

Aug 2014
About Sacchan: I want to hate her sooooooo bad, but I can't.
I just can't.
Maybe it's the glasses and pale skin, idk. She's cute when she's not being a manipulative bitch.

But it's not like she's the only one to blame. The rest of the characters are equally bad in their own terms. I think Hiro is the only decent one but again he likes Sacchan so he's probably messed up too.

Positive notes about the episode: awesome OST/art as always, and the last scene while cringe worthy may be the beginning of something gooOH WHO AM I KIDDING
Sep 6, 2014 9:09 AM

Jul 2008
Sachi's double confession? not sure what she is planning to achieve from that. The rest of the episode is pretty average.
Sep 7, 2014 12:26 AM

Mar 2013
So did I got that right: Yuki and Yana are actually blood-related siblings?
Because of that talk about their parents getting divorced and getting together again...:O
Sep 7, 2014 8:05 PM

Nov 2013
Called the yuri from like a mile that way. Like, episode 2 or something.

No chickens this episode </3
Sep 7, 2014 9:37 PM

Mar 2012
shahnbvhksjsrtgq34r, what....?
The anime is already a pile of non-sense and now they're adding some yuri stuff?
Can they make it any more stupid?
Sep 7, 2014 9:46 PM

Dec 2011
WarrFork said:
Can they make it any more stupid?

Pretty sure they can.
Sep 8, 2014 1:14 AM
Sep 2011
Despite all the hate that Sachi gets ,I really can't hate her and I understand her struggles with her being sick and dealing with the true nature of her sexuality .I don't think she's as bad as people say she is .

I think that she wasn't thinking straight when she used Hiro to ruin David and Touko date and it was Hiro who made her realize her mistake .

I might be mistaken but I think that what we saw at the end is her confessing to both Hiro and Touko.

Yana continues to a be a wonderful character and she has grown so much during the show more than anyone I would say.
Sep 11, 2014 9:43 PM

Feb 2013
At least the moon liked nice. Looks like we resolved that one conflict. Only a few more to go, I think...
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Sep 12, 2014 8:02 PM

Jan 2013
Im finding this rather boring.
Sep 13, 2014 5:46 PM

Feb 2013
I don't know what you all are talking about...

Sacchan is trying to get Touko to talk!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

343 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.