Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2014 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It looks like a report show of their family by using that screen and the narration! lol @ the talk about the protective brother and manager. Especially the scary manager prevented the abduction.

The boss wanting the manager, who rejected the offer. Then the serious talk about him. The same make up team making him a girl again, and what he said made the two to stop arguing. Use kiss to ease the nervousness is... ok...

Such a bad manner from the reporters, though the press conference progressed nicely as the announcement were done properly with the help of both protective characters. :P

The reaction to the press conference and... what?! next.
tsubasaloverAug 27, 2014 9:55 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 27, 2014 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
Well Izumi finally makes his flashy debut!
Izumi x Ryouma forever >.< they are too cute!
I love how the even added in the extra chapter from the manga and did a good job in adapting it although it was a bit different. Really mad this anime is ending so soon. I simply love it.

They also showed a bit of Reis background in this episode. If you are interested in Rei and Shougo's relationship I highly encourage you to read the light novels. They are so great! It's called "Back Stage" and it's just about Rei and Shougo! Omg when I first read it I wanted more!!!! I could not stop reading especially the H scenes! Whoo!

Here are the links to Backstage if anyone wants to read them. Which I think you should they are so good!!!!! :D it's free too!

Volume 1
http://backstage01.pressbooks.com/

Volume 2
http://backstage02.pressbooks.com/
lovexLuffyAug 27, 2014 11:42 AM

Aug 27, 2014 12:04 PM

Apr 2013
Decent episode, Seeing some of Rei's background was nice. I didn't really like how they set this episode out with the narration; though the ending was nice when Izumi revealed he's actually a boy. ^-^
Aug 27, 2014 12:45 PM

Feb 2014
Couldn't wait for this part to be animated ~
Go Izumi for his exciting debut ~

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Aug 27, 2014 12:54 PM

Jan 2014
iroonline said:
I didn't really like how they set this episode out with the narration; though the ending was nice when Izumi revealed he's actually a boy. ^-^

Agree that they narration threw me off and I thought the first part of the episode was kind of a jumbled mess. The ending was sweet though. And Ryouma calling Shougo Oniisan is always cute.

I wasn't expecting them to animate that part about Rei; I guess the show is also trying to advertise the Back Stage! novels, which are admittedly awesome.
Aug 27, 2014 1:05 PM

Dec 2011
I am not the fan how they did that narration thing, but the episode was actually decent.
Aug 27, 2014 1:40 PM

Jul 2013
it's nive to have some backstory from the family and rei, even though it was a bit rushed (the way they explore their past), cause they had only done it for izumi and ryouma
good episode overall
Aug 27, 2014 1:43 PM
Mar 2012
I just realized now that his dad has the same eye colour as Izumi.
Aug 27, 2014 1:49 PM

Mar 2010
Lol this episode..... Man i love rei's old looks.
Aug 27, 2014 2:05 PM

Feb 2010
OH MY GOSH. STUPID NARRATION AND FLASHBACKS. hated it.
This is what we call lazy presentation, folks. They didn't have enough material for one episode and turned it into a trainwreck.

Also Shougo's appearances and "WISHH" pose thing always makes me cringe. And cry silently.

@ITFujoshi- highly amused by your signature lol I feel so stupid
Aug 27, 2014 2:40 PM

Dec 2012
Same as everyone, the narration threw me off but good episode overall.
Aug 27, 2014 3:47 PM

Jan 2012
This was such a weird episode... Weird short recap and narration...

The ending was quite nice though
Aug 27, 2014 6:32 PM

Dec 2007
loved it. can't wait for next week.

I just realized what i like so much about this anime in special. it's because although izumi is defenitely the Uke figure in that "relationship" he is not the usual go-with-the-flow uke type, ryouma really needed to fight to earn his trust and affection and he will have to fight even more. i can't wait. i'm really interested in the other relationship that seem to be appearing like ryouma's boss and his secretary, and shouga and rei. i wanna know it all but i don't think it will be shown in the 4 episodes left so i guess i'll read the mang aafterwards
Aug 27, 2014 7:35 PM

Aug 2011
What the f*ck was the director thinking with that narrative.

» Escapism.

Aug 27, 2014 7:56 PM

Apr 2014
Izumi: I'll make my debut!!
Izumi: Wait Rei, I don't wanna!!!
Izumi: I'll do my best for my debut!
Izumi: NO I can't!

... Was Izumi always this annoying? I don't recall disliking him this much in the manga.
And what's with the set-up for this episode? I wasn't a fan of that documentary style.

...It was pretty boring overall.
Aug 27, 2014 10:35 PM

Nov 2012
Felt a bit like a recap but I actually liked the documentary/news segment parody and narration: appropriate since Izumi made his debut.

The old Rei looks really different, I wanna read Back Stage now
Aug 27, 2014 11:41 PM

Jan 2014

I think in the manga they just had him silent on the end of the door before he leaves for the conference instead of having to have us listen to him complain again. Izumi is slightly more annoying in the anime, I personally attribute some on this to the voice actor, who I don't think always does Izumi's character justice and can go a bit over the top too quickly for my tastes.

I hadn't thought about it like that, I guess it just felt out of place more than anything. It would have been easier to recognize what they were doing if the direction was normally like this, the way it is it just seemed weirdly inconsistent. In general I find the anime's director to be an acquired taste, but I'm slowly getting used to him.

Thoughts:
1. The narration was weird, hard to recognize what they were doing while watching.
2. I liked some of the animation and camera approaches they took, like wobbling the camera when Rei was filming, showing some flashbacks on the tv, green camera in Ryouma and Izumi's taxi ride, etc.
3. The way they handled the conference was well executed and true to the manga.
4. Like how they spliced in some of Rei's character development, though some of it could still be awkward.
5. Some flashbacks transitioned and worked well, others didn't, it was kind of a mixed bag that I neither outright liked nor disliked.
Aug 28, 2014 2:22 AM

May 2010
Why a recap when it already has only 10 episodes?

Ahh- so Izumi is going to debut as a guy after all... And here I thought it would be as a girl. Either way, it is the start.

The first half was a bit boring but the 2nd more than made up for it.
Aug 28, 2014 2:02 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, this show is so good. And it is getting just better <3
Aug 28, 2014 5:32 PM

Mar 2009
iroonline said:
I didn't really like how they set this episode out with the narration
right! like it wasnt short enough! arggh too slow, too short!
Aug 29, 2014 1:31 AM

Apr 2010
Rei looked really hot when he was younger. That's all I've got to say.
Aug 29, 2014 2:32 AM

Sep 2010
Little disappointed that this was basically all filler.

Since they basically just lost a whole episode, I'm assuming they're going to skip the arc where

OH well. It was still cute, and nice to see a little more backstory.
Aug 29, 2014 1:38 PM

May 2011
I wouldn't mind being spoiled by Sagara. xD I love how he intends to stick with the family because of his loyalty and how much he cared about them and that they do recognize that.
Aug 29, 2014 3:32 PM

Aug 2012
'ignore the pointless display of testosterone' haha

didn't expect izumi to dress up all fancy just to rip all of his clothes off
Aug 29, 2014 4:46 PM

Jul 2012
I'm laughing so hard at that debut. LOOOOL

Not the biggest fan of the recap/narration style...IMO waste of time. But hey, it's not often we actually get decent BL anime, so I'm still happy. I'm definitely gonna read the manga after this finishes airing.

Asrun said:
Rei looked really hot when he was younger. That's all I've got to say.

Definitely.
Aug 30, 2014 9:05 AM

Aug 2013
It seems like the series is finally majorly kicking off and there are only 2 episodes left?!?! WAHH
Aug 30, 2014 1:29 PM

Dec 2013
Tonera said:
It seems like the series is finally majorly kicking off and there are only 2 episodes left?!?! WAHH

But aren't most anime related to small niche genre's like that; Kuragehime and Wandering Son as examples.

I'm in accordance with most of you here, the narration was pretty wasteful for how short series is going to be. But I did enjoy the ending of the episode.
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Aug 31, 2014 12:55 AM
Jan 2013
FenixDragon43 said:

Since they basically just lost a whole episode, I'm assuming they're going to skip the arc where

No, if anything they were going to save that for a second season. Even if they didn't use a lot of this episode as a recap it isn't as though they could do that much material anyway. They'll probably just finish off the remaining two episodes with Izumi finally coming to terms with his feelings and then depending on how cruel the production team is, they may or may not include
Aug 31, 2014 8:50 AM

Jan 2013
Surprising reveal at the end.
Different direction style
Sep 2, 2014 4:07 PM

Nov 2013
Like everyone hated the narration crap at the beginning =/

I really liked the second half of the episode, though! Nice music, and action. Even I got a little pumped XD

The preview for the next episode... oh my.
Sep 4, 2014 4:55 PM

Jun 2013
This is anime is just so awesome :)
Sep 5, 2014 11:21 AM

Apr 2010
Shougo's VA needs to stop.

Also the narration is. . . such a turn off. Ugh.
Sep 10, 2014 6:08 PM

Feb 2011
narration wtf
Sep 12, 2014 10:31 AM

Jun 2011
One of the minority here, but I don't mind the narration, not the best way to go at it, but I don't mind, and I don't find it moving too slow or too boring at all. It is slow, but feels just right.

One problem (not really a problem yet depends on how the story goes) I can choose to ignore is, how easily Izumi is taking the showbiz world for, like he could just go in whenever he wants to. I feel bad for people like Ryoma, who worked their ass off (literally) for their job. I just hope that Izumi will struggle a lot for his job and gradually get better at it with much discipline and dedication.

P.S. Rei is awesome.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 15, 2014 3:23 PM

May 2012
Prety decent development in general, let's see what's next though.
Oct 28, 2015 6:44 AM

May 2015
"Ignore this pointless display of testosterone." XD
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 13, 2016 5:24 PM

Sep 2015
It's a little too late for me to say this... but this anime art style is very familiar XD Gotta check the mangaka page after this

Contrary to popular opinion, I love the narration style here because it gives more um... impact on Izumi's resolve if it's told from third person perspective.

Lol so the reason why Izumi's become like that is because everyone around him (sans his parents) are way too doting and overprotective
Oct 29, 2016 7:30 AM

Oct 2014
This have to be the weakest episode yet. The commentary had me questioning if I was watching the right episode or not.

I gotta say though, I like the ending.

"He's a boy." It's about damn time the world found out that he is a boy and not a girl. I was wondering why they were introducing Izumi with an girl outfit but thankfully, it was all a surprise factor.
Dec 25, 2018 8:45 PM

May 2013
Ryouma and Shougo have v good stage presence C:

Loved the reactions from the press after the gender reveal xD

Izumi's boy outfit was lovely :D
Jul 21, 2020 2:45 PM

Aug 2019
Haha someone there asked "is she pregnant?"

I don’t know why I love the way Shougo speaks, it’s just so good
May 1, 2021 1:02 AM

Jan 2021
Izumi x Ryouma forever >.<

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2014

42 by sanjiT___T »»
Jan 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2014

137 by WELLERM »»
Jan 1, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

onoda - Jul 9, 2014

155 by WELLERM »»
Jan 1, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 30, 2014

72 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 23, 2014

87 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.