Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2009 9:58 AM
May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
URBAN MYTHS - NOT A FILLER EPISODE :O!!

So...I cancelled the thing I was supposed to have every Friday, since it was getting in the way of various things (such as not railgun...honest :O...[yeah right]). Love watching this show live :D.

Enter Kiyama and her trademark move...and we finally start moving towards the main plot.
No one uses real candles to tell ghost stories these days, huh? But then candles might burn through the...uh...cloth.
I want to try that "Soup Curry" thing...
Touma faking losing was hilarious. Actually, the whole episode was hilarious.
Once again, great job with the half-manga-half-self-created integration by the producers.

"Tsun...tsun...tsun...dara? Tsunjire?"

Manga coming out in 3 days :).
throwaway513846Oct 23, 2009 10:19 AM
Oct 23, 2009 10:14 AM

Dec 2006
... tsun ... tsun ... tsun ...

tsun?

well this episode had one of my favorite scenes of the entire manga in it so you can imagine how i'm feeling right now. from what i could tell it was more than acceptably done too. had to switch quickly from the keyhole stream to the justin.tv. better picture quality there but it buffers a lot. luckily i got the vast majority of the chainsaw introduction and i was spellbound. i couldn't tell from the crappy stream whether it was moving while she was swinging it around but i guess i'll find out soon enough on that. other than that everything already looked great even if it wasn't cg. just so impressive. bodes well for later episodes.

isn't harumi's last name kiyama and not sayama? i guess if she introduced herself then i missed it. of course her introduction was totally different from the manga. i guess i'll be thinking about why that might be for the next few days. i'm liking her voice. i think i recognize it but i'm not sure. but at any rate she is able to portray everything in there.

and turns out i was wrong about how they would use toshidensetsu (urban legends) - unless the overpowered pyrokineticist and dummy checker were mentioned in the first ~5 minutes that i missed due to switching from keyhole tv to justin.tv.

just a hilarious episode though. was trying so hard not to laugh my ass off down here in the campus library basement when kuroko went berserk (both times!).

not-so-crap caps from the live stream:
Oct 23, 2009 10:22 AM
May 2009
protoman96 said:
isn't harumi's last name kiyama and not sayama?

And so it is, my bad. The manga translation I read had Sayama instead of Kiyama...
Oct 23, 2009 12:28 PM

Mar 2009
What ep 4 is about
Oct 23, 2009 1:00 PM

Jun 2008
this one is just hilarious
I would not call Mikoto a tsundere, even though she is a little tsuntsun this time...

The 'chainsaw' did not look like a chainsaw and was not used like one. Also how did she create it? Seemed like FMA-alchemy in that regard.
Oct 23, 2009 2:30 PM

Sep 2008
If I remember well from the manga, she use her electrecity to take the iron in the sand of the floor...
I don't wanna touch those ''chainsaw''

Overall good episode I loved when kuroko went berserk! I want another episode
Good Job !
Oct 23, 2009 3:33 PM

Nov 2007
Urban Legend...

So Touma was included in the Urban Legend site? Misaka and Touma met each other that time for the first time, huh?!

That female scientist sounds like Paku Romi.

PS. lol @ how Touma reacted during his negation on one of Misaka's attacks when Misaka was "grrrr" (?).
tsubasaloverOct 24, 2009 12:31 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 23, 2009 6:54 PM

Dec 2006
ah yeah she may be paku romi. that would explain why i recognized her. i guess we'll have to wait for windy's verdict.

and after having just watched the episode again it turns out they did mention the "level upper" as one of the urban legends in the part i missed the first time. so it turns out i was right about that.

hey, this is important. ;)
Oct 23, 2009 6:59 PM

Feb 2009
Touma and Mikoto are so awesome. That episode was great, nice blend of comedy, action, and win. Now I have to wait another long week for the next episode.

Also, it was so cute when Mikoto thought she was going to get hit.
Oct 23, 2009 7:15 PM

Sep 2008
Mmmm the female scientist is so attractive...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2009 7:22 PM

Sep 2008
this was the kind of epiisode i needed, since i havent read the manga i was always curious about how did those 2 met....
AT LEAST!!! touma vs biri biri
XD hehe touma´s faked defeat as hilarious n_n
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 23, 2009 7:48 PM

Aug 2009
so far I like all 4 episodes, filler or no filler.
Oct 23, 2009 8:05 PM

Jul 2008
I can say they are doing a super job handling Railgun for now, even the scene they add are great, I was awaiting to see Misaka's ability animated and they look great.

I love all these Misaka vs Touma encounter.

I hope they will just add more
than going for plain comedie between the important part.
Anyway for those who awaited the plot here it comes,..
Oct 23, 2009 8:46 PM

Nov 2007
Best episode so far. Biribiri honestly surprised me by using her powers like that. I never even considered that fact until now, truly deserving of her Level 5 status. I like all of Touma's parts as well XD, and yes, I feel you for your broken eggs T^T.
Oct 23, 2009 8:51 PM

Jun 2009
So you can counteract a Stripper Lady Curse by wearing panties on your head like a hat. Good to know!
Oct 23, 2009 8:54 PM
May 2009
Finally an episode that doesn't suck

The first episode was good and the rest went downhill from there However this episode was great.

Loved the Misaka/Touma fight

The tie in between the introduction of Kiyama and Touma was very well orchestrated and of course there was the very subtle mention of the Level upper
Oct 23, 2009 8:58 PM

Jan 2008
ROFL, great episode. Love the Misaka vs Touma fight.
Oct 23, 2009 9:02 PM
Jun 2009
finnaly adding toma was great i really hope there is more toma misaka i mean she is in love with toma so yey
Oct 23, 2009 9:14 PM

Jun 2009
UNdressing woman was scary=_+
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Oct 23, 2009 9:16 PM

Dec 2007
the battle between Misaka and Touma was awesome and kuroko going berserk made me lol
Oct 23, 2009 9:17 PM

Mar 2008
Oh this was just fun to watch. Had Touma calling her Biribiri, an embarrassed Mikoto, and chainswords :). It's pretty frightening the things she can come up with when she wants to destroy you. I mean one touch of that sword would have cut him in half. Without a doubt my favourite episode of this series so far.

Lamenting the sad fate of Touma's eggs. So much time waiting in line for nothing....

Just a fun episode. It was a great fight. Plus a tough spot for Touma when he had a chance to counter attack. I think Mikoto's most effective attack was that scared pose she threw at him. Couldn't block that :).
Oct 23, 2009 9:41 PM

May 2008
yeah the sword was definitely awesome.... very much enjoyed that whole battle and tsuntsunderedere. I think this was my fav ep so far, with the character dynamics falling into place now. Really looking forward to the coming arc.

FlareKnight said:
I think Mikoto's most effective attack was that scared pose she threw at him. Couldn't block that :).

nor could anyone... perfect defense against any straight male, or kuroko... XD

I am a banana.
Oct 23, 2009 9:45 PM

Jan 2008
FlareKnight said:
I think Mikoto's most effective attack was that scared pose she threw at him. Couldn't block that :).
No way in hell anyone could of blocked that, unless you're tenta...let's not go there :P
Oct 23, 2009 9:56 PM

May 2008
protoman96 said:
ah yeah she may be paku romi. that would explain why i recognized her. i guess we'll have to wait for windy's verdict.

doesn't sound like her to me... and I've been a fan of hers for a long while... unless she's discovered some new weird voice alteration technique. It does sound familiar, though... can't place it...... grrrr >_<

edit: from the credits, it looks like Tanaka ....ko
...I suck at reading kanji

TANAKA ATSUKO :D
sakaOct 23, 2009 10:14 PM

I am a banana.
Oct 23, 2009 10:24 PM

Jul 2009
Finally the main plot..and there you go Touma is right there..
See Misaka will turned Tsun..tsun..tsun when she met him..
Oct 23, 2009 11:16 PM

Jun 2008
I've been so excited to see this fight animated and I'm glad I wasn't disappointed. Looks like the main story is finally getting going, <3 this show
Oct 23, 2009 11:27 PM

Apr 2008
In my opinion best episode so far...or maybe i'm just being baised since Touma was in it a lot lol. I couldn't stop laughing when Kuroko freaked out in the reasturant and when Touma deflated when giving up in the fight.
Lol Mikoto is a Tsun...tsun...tsun...

Breath||
Oct 23, 2009 11:33 PM
Feb 2009
the female scientist's eyes creeps me out a bit in the OP, like some insane scientist... but now i guess it is probably becoz she is too obsess with research n doesnt has enough sleep... =.=

the "fight" between touma n mikoto is quite decent, but u cant really call that a fight... it is more like a quarrel between 2 kids to me...
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 23, 2009 11:34 PM

Jun 2007
This episode actually made me laugh a few times. This is definitely my favorite show of the season. Well, tied with Kobato at least. I hope we see more of that guy.

Oct 23, 2009 11:40 PM

Nov 2007
saka said:
FlareKnight said:

nor could anyone... perfect defense against any straight male, or kuroko... XD

Actually, I doubt it would work on Kuroko, as she would most likely stop for a second and then proceed to ONEE-SAMAAAAAA!! assault Biribiri even harder than before XP.
Oct 23, 2009 11:45 PM

May 2008
this episode are hilariously win! cant get enough to see Mikoto goes tsun tsun over Touma lol

the battle is indeed not so remarkable but i suppose it's a plus to demonstrate more of Mikoto's ability, the chainswords/whip ofc ;3
Oct 24, 2009 12:17 AM
Dec 2008
MIKOTO IS COMPLETELY CAWAI-I!!! i fell in love with her :P i saw the hole fighting seen 3 times already. both the action part and the part where she makes her scared look! She being all shy and all about that boy is completely sweet! i cant wait to see their relationship progress!
Oct 24, 2009 12:19 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode, maybe my favorite so far. :3
Getting tempted to read the manga, and seeing it getting being advertized everywhere doesn't really help either.
yakisobapanOct 24, 2009 12:38 AM
Oct 24, 2009 12:21 AM

May 2009
Perfect eps =)
Misaka tsun-tsun win!

And Dengeki Daioh with Shana & Chigusa pic and OVA Shana S announcement lol
holy_Oct 24, 2009 6:16 AM
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Oct 24, 2009 12:42 AM

Feb 2008
By far the best episode yet. Now I hope they keep moving onto the main story instead of doing what they did for the past 3 episodes.
Oh, and Biri Biri's scared pose was pure win xD
Oct 24, 2009 12:45 AM

Jul 2008
lol at dengeki daioh xD 脱ぐな man this ep was so made of win. the fight in the end, the beginning with urban legens, tsu tsun tsundara? hahahah

Oct 24, 2009 1:30 AM

Jul 2008
anybody want a little dere with that tsun? pretty funny episode, especially the fight between her and tomo
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 24, 2009 2:23 AM

Jan 2009
"And stuff like 'The man with the ability to nullify all other abilities' - Urban legends like that could only happen in Academy City, right?" xD.. I lol'd
"There's no way such an unbelievable ability could exist." xD.. Once again, I lol'd

And I went a bit "wut" when I saw the magazine with "Shakugan no Shana S OVA" stuff on it xD
And some other stuff too, Biribiri for example : >

Also, cool, when Misaka met Touma : p

And Saten looked good in those clothes : o

The Legendary Stipper-Lady xD...
Also, as to it being contagious, I think Kuroko is overreacting... slightly : D

Tsun.. Tsun.. Tsundara? Tsunjire?
I lol'd once again xD
Oh and then she blushed x)

Touma, looking kinda cool.
And also.. Moe : o
Want more of this : D

Also, Kuroko.. lol
Best way to describe her would be a facepalm, but my forehead's pretty sore, since I facepalm to alot of things O.o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 24, 2009 2:34 AM

Nov 2007
LOL nice episode very enjoyable to watch :3 lol @ Touma and Misaka holding hands xD and how he faked the loss, tsundara was funny xD
Oct 24, 2009 3:01 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode. something missing from making it perfect but enjoyable nevertheless.
Kuroko going wild of thinking Biribiri going naked was funny although i thought she would enjoy it.
OP and ED are getting more enjoyable every time i hear them.

Also amazingly cute. Want to hug her so much. Lucky pillow.

And this was really funny.
MonadOct 24, 2009 3:14 AM
Oct 24, 2009 3:08 AM

Jan 2009
Monad said:
Kuroko going wild of thinking Biribiri going naked was funny although i thought she would enjoy it.

Sure, Kuroko would enjoy a naked Biribiri, but then again, not one who goes around town stripping, because others would also see her, and thus it wouldn't be only Kuroko's privilege to see her naked.. Or at least that's what I think : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 24, 2009 3:33 AM

Aug 2008
Loved it! Tsun-tsun-tsundara

Kiseki said:
:3
Oct 24, 2009 3:40 AM

Oct 2009
Great episode. Best part was the fight of Misaka and Touma. The beginning was scary for a minute because of the music but it became stupid when it was over because I noticed it was daytime when they did it. Was the thing with Touma saving Misaka from those guys part of the first episode on the bridge from the Index serie? What is this "Imaginary Number School District" urban legend thing? Is it real? Does it have to do with the AIM dispersion field research of the "Undressing Women" and this person from Index: http://myanimelist.net/character/20464/Hyouka_Kazakiri ? I did not get how did this chainsaw thing was made from iron sand but the fight of Misaka and Touma was great! Really enjoyed it a lot and missed those fights since finishing Index! Good comedy came from Shirai freaking out at the curse of the "Undressing woman" on Uiharu and the panties on the head part. Of course the tsundere part of Misaka/blushing of Misaka was nice too. I really missed Touma's imagine breaker. Does the upper level device exist? Best episode for me but more questions came up also.
Kvakond said:
Loved it! Tsun-tsun-tsundara

Kiseki said:
:3

Yeah that was a cute part of Misaka I liked.
Laevantein said:
Finally the main plot..and there you go Touma is right there..
See Misaka will turned Tsun..tsun..tsun when she met him..

Yeah another cute part of Misaka that I liked in this episode.
Monad said:

Also amazingly cute. Want to hug her so much. Lucky pillow.

What about this one of her being cute? I though she was cute at that part and the toilet with "Undress woman" more.

Laevantein said:
francismeunier said:
Was the thing with Touma saving Misaka from those guys part of the first episode on the bridge from the Index serie?
Hmm nope..

So this was just another incident that Touma just wanted to help Misaka get out from of his own free will with a invented scenario. Ok I get it.
francismeunierOct 24, 2009 4:00 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 24, 2009 3:45 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Was the thing with Touma saving Misaka from those guys part of the first episode on the bridge from the Index serie?
Hmm nope..
Oct 24, 2009 3:45 AM

Nov 2008
Hands down my favorite show of this season.
The episode was hilarious, what was there not to love?
Oct 24, 2009 3:50 AM
Oct 2007
Really glad they put touma in this episode and they showed some of my fav points in the anime that were in the manga in this episode also they mentioned level upper in this episode so it looks promising that they will include one of the best and major parts of the manga in the anime.

shugochara1r1c1.png
shugochara1r2c1.pngmetal-blaze.pngshugochara1r2c3.png
shugochara1r3c1.png
Oct 24, 2009 3:53 AM

Feb 2009
desolato said:
The episode was hilarious, what was there not to love?

Absolutely awesome episode...Touma's realy cooool too
And this researcher woman realy turns me on :O

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Oct 24, 2009 3:55 AM
Oct 2008
awesome ep..made me ROFL....but the thing i miss is index.....
Oct 24, 2009 4:03 AM

Jan 2009
bubbles20 said:
awesome ep..made me ROFL....but the thing i miss is index.....

But no, no, no! : O There is no Index in this : O
Or at least there shouldn't be xD
Oct 24, 2009 4:04 AM

Jul 2009
Too much Touma in this episode... that guy is so annoying.
Though I almost though he would hit Mikoto there for a second on :O

Talk about getting a bit out of hand with that chainsword ability, I mean what if he would not be able to dodge it?
It definitely would leave more than a scratch =P

Laughed so hard at Kuroko in the end when she was wearing those frog panties on her head and started to slap Mikoto with another pair of pantsu xD
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM

» Why is there no CGDCT on this show?

Sagepool - Nov 30, 2023

14 by FZREMAKE »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 19, 2010

372 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.