Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 24, 2009 9:05 AM

Nov 2008
Just when I thought Miura was becoming usefull. Serves him right >:
Shujin was awesome at the last page *O* And lol at Saiko's face when Miyoshi read the message XD
Oh, and Hattori owns!

Oct 24, 2009 11:06 AM

Oct 2009
Yay! Way to go Shujin, you're the best x3!!
Oct 25, 2009 5:20 AM

Nov 2008
Tagaki you BADASS!! you won the cool competition for this chapter...
Saiko was right and i dont care what pepole said here and how hard miura worked.
they had a deal, they worked hard for this and listened to what miura said, then he tries to prove them wrong with data from the past 30 years! that's just not right...
i hope they will get the fish eye's editor back(hatori) couse he understood them right - but they wont, he's too busy, that's way he left in the first place...

about Aoki... if she will date nakai for the data - ill KILL her.
she is the type to try and do that, as you all saw...

and when will otter 11 editor will stop tricking him? he looks soo poor. LOL

What are you looking at?
Oct 25, 2009 6:22 AM

Jul 2009
Go shujin! I never liked that editor...
Oct 29, 2009 12:25 PM

Oct 2008
Miura really stepped over the line but, he did have a point about gag manga becoming serious. I've seen a number of manga succeed with that formula.

on a side note, Yamahisa's an ass.
Oct 29, 2009 1:43 PM

Jun 2009
even if miura's right, they just DON'T have to do what they want to. Kudos for takagi.
Oct 30, 2009 5:43 AM

Jul 2009
♪♪♪It's guy love between two Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssssssssss♪♪♪
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 30, 2009 8:04 AM

Nov 2008
unellmay said:
♪♪♪It's guy love between two Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssssssssss♪♪♪

how is this (great) scrubs song realated to this chapter? you compar JD and Turk to Saiko and Tagaki? XDD

What are you looking at?
Oct 30, 2009 8:24 AM

Jul 2009
kingblade said:
unellmay said:

how is this (great) scrubs song realated to this chapter? you compar JD and Turk to Saiko and Tagaki? XDD

Thought tagaki was being a little gay at the end to be honest
obvious why Miura was being like that put in all that hard work to prove his point
and he constantly gets questioned
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Feb 3, 2010 3:40 AM

Oct 2008
Ehh, Aoki's new editor is a sleaze. Also, I'm glad that Shuujin & Mashiro walked out on Miura. He deserved it.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 13, 2010 8:22 PM

Nov 2009
OSHI

haha once Miura said that I was like "OH NO YOU DIDN'T! D:" and lol Takagi got pissed like I thought he would

He looks epic and awesome when he's pissed tho :'D Takagi = <3
Sep 28, 2010 10:32 AM
Jun 2010
Yes,

I love the end of this chapter.

Pure awesomeness.

Oct 24, 2010 1:23 AM

Jun 2009
I like the moment were Miyoshi read the txt message of Mashiro-Miho
Muira had a piece of Takagi
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 14, 2012 11:59 PM

Sep 2011
Miura sucks as an editor and I have not liked him from the beginning. I wish they could get Hattori back. Actually I wish they had walked out when this happened and gotten him fired. He does not get them or the type of stories they want to do at all.
Jun 23, 2012 12:44 PM

Oct 2008
Ho-ho! Those words really pushed Shujin's button. Of course Miura didn't know of their history as partners so he should've not said things like that so carelessly. I almost commended him for working so hard. Shujin's so cool!
Jul 25, 2014 2:21 AM

Dec 2013
Why no Hattori :(
Nov 10, 2021 3:41 PM

Dec 2007
the way i see it the quality of bakuman started really getting lower in this gag miura arc, there's two main factors of this with one character in the middle:
miura - at the very beginning of the arc he complimented on takai humour which led to him thinking they would do a gag manga. takagi gets convinced.
mashiro - after that meeting he telling takagi that miura is brainwashing him and his qualities isn't in humour. takagi gets convinced.
next:
miura - getting lots of data why gag is good and better than serious in ranking. takagi convinced.
mashiro - takagi isn't the kind of type of this periot. takagi - convinced by data, not miura.
in other words, the two characters that pulling the thread of what manga to serialise is between mashiro and miura along - miura is maybe biased, but he's the editor and they kinda have to listen to him. mashiro isn't an editor but takagi's best friends and partner, so obviously takagi would want to listen to him more.
eventually, miura is right because he "knows" what he's doing, and mashiro is right because he "knows" takagi style, it's all gambling between the each opinions, with takagi, which funnily enough is the one suppose to write this, is in the middle of those both characters stubbornness, the mashiro & takagi feeling lost here totally.
this arc did have some point of them together, but the result was that either of them as lost - miura didn't get TEN as he wanted, and future watch wasn't good as ashirogi wanted, in the end, they all lost in themself and their personality, no wonder this chapter contained hiramaru and nakai with that kato, this arc seriously made bakuman less of the usual "manga battle" but an illustrator vs editor battle.
kinda have to say the anime made this part much better.

@CuteAssTiger
User-NameNov 10, 2021 4:20 PM
Nov 10, 2021 11:10 PM

Jan 2018
User-Name said:
the way i see it the quality of bakuman started really getting lower in this gag miura arc, there's two main factors of this with one character in the middle:
miura - at the very beginning of the arc he complimented on takai humour which led to him thinking they would do a gag manga. takagi gets convinced.
mashiro - after that meeting he telling takagi that miura is brainwashing him and his qualities isn't in humour. takagi gets convinced.
next:
miura - getting lots of data why gag is good and better than serious in ranking. takagi convinced.
mashiro - takagi isn't the kind of type of this periot. takagi - convinced by data, not miura.
in other words, the two characters that pulling the thread of what manga to serialise is between mashiro and miura along - miura is maybe biased, but he's the editor and they kinda have to listen to him. mashiro isn't an editor but takagi's best friends and partner, so obviously takagi would want to listen to him more.
eventually, miura is right because he "knows" what he's doing, and mashiro is right because he "knows" takagi style, it's all gambling between the each opinions, with takagi, which funnily enough is the one suppose to write this, is in the middle of those both characters stubbornness, the mashiro & takagi feeling lost here totally.
this arc did have some point of them together, but the result was that either of them as lost - miura didn't get TEN as he wanted, and future watch wasn't good as ashirogi wanted, in the end, they all lost in themself and their personality, no wonder this chapter contained hiramaru and nakai with that kato, this arc seriously made bakuman less of the usual "manga battle" but an illustrator vs editor battle.
kinda have to say the anime made this part much better.

@CuteAssTiger

i haven't read bakuman so I'm going to dodge this for potential spoilers. I've just heard its really good
Sep 7, 2022 12:45 AM
Feb 2021
Gotta hand it to Takagi for saying frick you to Miura.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.