Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2014 12:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well that's a certain way to cut off this chapter at the end. I suppose we'll get the response next time.
Aug 25, 2014 4:04 AM

Feb 2010
It's just weird if Yoshino and Akio got back together. And you know they will.

Both of them now comes with a lot of baggage to restart their r/s. Yoshino for all her wrong doings back then and Akio for all his personal flaws. It's still going to be a train-wreck, just one that we'll not see in future because this story is going to end here.

Aug 26, 2014 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
But we already knew the author's master plan. He wanted to break them apart and put them back together again. I guess if people bought that crap he could write anything knowing that people will buy it.

The character actions don't fit. How the heck does Yoshino go from hating Akio to loving him again? Did his "flaws" suddenly disappear? Akio hasn't changed nor has Yoshino. They are both the same 2-d characters the author created. There's no life altering epiphany to change their behaviors. It will be two pathetic characters settling because they can't make it in the real world.

Which is sad, because Akio has the opportunity for real growth. Having gone through two woman, he has the opportunity to move on to a healthy relationship. However, the author is going to have him regress and get back with Yoshino. Sad and pathetic.
Aug 27, 2014 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
RightSaidFred said:

The character actions don't fit. How the heck does Yoshino go from hating Akio to loving him again? Did his "flaws" suddenly disappear? Akio hasn't changed nor has Yoshino. They are both the same 2-d characters the author created. There's no life altering epiphany to change their behaviors. It will be two pathetic characters settling because they can't make it in the real world.

Yoshino never hated Akio, she just doesn't love him and is now feeling a bit lonely and wanting to fall back on old habits.
Aug 28, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2013
scruffykiwi said:
Yoshino never hated Akio, she just doesn't love him and is now feeling a bit lonely and wanting to fall back on old habits.

She did in her break up monologue. She despised him. The only reason she had sex with Akio is because she could not have sex with the man she loved. The only reason she wanted to stay with Akio is because the man she loved was married and not likely to leave his wife.

She loathed him. But now she's had a change of heart. Not believable at all.
Aug 28, 2014 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
RightSaidFred said:
scruffykiwi said:

She did in her break up monologue. She despised him. The only reason she had sex with Akio is because she could not have sex with the man she loved. The only reason she wanted to stay with Akio is because the man she loved was married and not likely to leave his wife.

She loathed him. But now she's had a change of heart. Not believable at all.

I don't see that in that monologue. She doesn't think much of him as a person sure. She thinks he's lazy and stupid and needy, and to some extent she is on the money. That doesn't mean she doesn't like him though. She generally gets on well with him and I think it gives her a buzz to push him around. She definitely doesn't love him though.
Aug 29, 2014 11:07 PM

Jul 2013
"I've been looking down on you all this time, too because I think you're stupid." Page 92, Chapter 15. Kind of says it all. So it's bizarre that you would say that she "likes" him.

Her entire discussion about finger wizard are example after example of why she does not like Akio. She doesn't even like having sex with him! But she craved having sex with finger wizard. She doesn't like Akio. She doesn't love Akio. She's just using him. Period.
Aug 30, 2014 4:55 AM

Sep 2011
RightSaidFred said:
"I've been looking down on you all this time, too because I think you're stupid." Page 92, Chapter 15. Kind of says it all. So it's bizarre that you would say that she "likes" him.

Her entire discussion about finger wizard are example after example of why she does not like Akio. She doesn't even like having sex with him! But she craved having sex with finger wizard. She doesn't like Akio. She doesn't love Akio. She's just using him. Period.

Thinking someone is stupid and liking them are not mutually exclusive. Yoshino (as presented here) thinks pretty much everyone but herself is stupid anyway. Her whole rant after sex spewed out all the things she didn't like about Akio, BUT that didn't mean she didn't like him overall. Thats the way that relationships work. She sure just wanted to use Akio though, and I doubt that there was ever any love. The relationship as presented was a relationship of convenience.

In reference to that rant it shows a classic pattern of Yoshino of how she manages Akio. She was clearly behaving badly and needed to offer an apology for her behavior (seeing someone behind Akio's back) but instead launches an attack using all her pent up frustrations and any potential hurtful material. She does the same thing in the last 2 chapters.
scruffykiwiAug 30, 2014 5:07 AM
Aug 30, 2014 11:15 AM

Jun 2007
Just before I sod off and leave Gonensei be, kiwi has the right of it here, in my holy opinion: Yoshino didn't hate OR love Akio. It came across more like she liked him in spite of his stupidity, or perhaps FOR his stupidity (opposites attract, etcetc), but never loved nor cared THAT MUCH for him. She simply feels comfortable around him because he's no threat to her when it comes to intelligence, and she used that to her advantage as a manipulative bitch.

As for the hotel scene, it was more a case of Yoshino looking down on everyone equally and, when her defense mechanism kicked in, deciding to prove Akio was right all along with his inferiority complex--insulting him due to her pride rather than apologising. I did think the same - that she loathed him - immediately after her "you're stupid" line, but she backtracked in the next chapter. I viewed that to be inconsistent writing to the extreme but, since the author took a step back, it's fair to assume he didn't want to make Yoshino THAT evil.
Aug 31, 2014 1:03 AM

Jul 2013
Interesting point. I have a hard time with the author back tracking. He has so many incomplete thoughts. So his first attempt is what I go with and the back tracking I ignore.

Yoshino comes across as a pretty nasty piece of work. Based on her character portrayal, her actions, and her rant, I infer Yoshino dislikes Akio. Put it to you this way, Yoshino's actions are pretty odd if she likes Akio. It's her actions which undermine her words.

So the question is where is the like? Her actions don't support the notion that she likes him. She likes him so she has an affair with another man? She likes him but she doesn't enjoy having sex with him? She likes him but she uses him as a sex surrogate? She likes him but when she attempts to get back together with him she's unapologetic about the break-up and blames him for breaking up over something stupid. So it's hard to see that she "likes" him. It's more words than anything else.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gonensei Chapter 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

5 by Pipimin »»
Jan 23, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Gonensei Chapter 27 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2014

3 by landofthekwt »»
May 25, 2018 10:23 AM

Poll: » Gonensei Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2014

3 by landofthekwt »»
May 25, 2018 10:02 AM

Poll: » Gonensei Chapter 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2014

10 by live2win »»
Aug 30, 2014 5:17 PM

Poll: » Gonensei Chapter 30 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2014

2 by RightSaidFred »»
Aug 28, 2014 9:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.