Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2014 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
Another stellar episode. Let's go episode 8!
Aug 22, 2014 9:36 PM

Nov 2012
Uguu. has Lisa done nothing but be a nuisance to both Nine and Twelve?
BUT NEVERTHELESS Twelve is just so cute xD especially when hes mad/anxious about something :3

Epic episode!
Aug 22, 2014 9:42 PM

Oct 2013
Unlucky-kat said:
soundscape said:
Good episode and good execution!!! Though it kinda seems ridiculous that Five has so much authority and Japanese Government is willingly allowing her to detonate bombs and endanger civilians. And it's not about civilians but about how the Government can cover things up on such a large scale(it's kinda really hard if not impossible). That's the only thing that drops a little bit of my enjoyment.
I wouldn't be surprised if governments really did plot terrorist attacks and blames it on a terrorist group. At least certain governments...

I don't think that's the case in this situation....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Aug 22, 2014 9:53 PM
Feb 2014
We only have like 4 episodes left, wonder how this is gonna play out, pretty tense episode this time.

Dat soundtrack doe.
Aug 23, 2014 12:39 AM

Jun 2014
Really enjoyed this episode!

My main issue with these last few episodes is the fact that the Japanese government is letting the US agents plant bombs in their country and risk the lives of civilians just to catch these so called terrorists.

I'm really beginning to believe that Five is actually the one that Japan should be worried about!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Aug 23, 2014 1:22 AM

Jul 2014
Dammit Lisa! Why'd you take your student ID with you, if you knew you we doing illegal stuff.
Aug 23, 2014 2:57 AM
Sep 2013
That engrish is abysmal, is it really that hard to get someone who's native language is English to voice few lines?

Personally, I feel like this show has gone down with the introduction of Five and Lisa, those characters are just annoying, especially Five, that character design is horrendous.

7/10 So far. Even Psycho Pass had less annoying characters.
Aug 23, 2014 3:04 AM

May 2013
That was fucking awesome! Nine, Twelve as well as Five, has impressed me again.
Shibazaki just couldn't bare the thought of believing Nine. He believed him anyway.
An super intense episode. Plane with a bomb. Good job Sphinx.
Aug 23, 2014 4:57 AM

Jul 2014
I'm curious to know what Five wants with Lisa...
Aug 23, 2014 5:59 AM
Apr 2014
Remember when Twelve said in one video that he wants a girlfriend who can make bombs? Perhaps this was the bomb or it will come later?

I loved the TwelvexLisa moments.

I watched a review on youtube about this episode and it was mentioned there that Lisa is representing us, the hopefully innocent viewer, and is the connection we have to Nine and Twelve, which is a really interesting view.
Aug 23, 2014 6:05 AM

May 2012
Wow. Sphinx + Shibazaki = EPIC :)
Aug 23, 2014 6:49 AM
Jun 2014
ENGRISH!!!!!
Aug 23, 2014 10:29 AM
Oct 2012
People be hating the Engrish and people be disliking Five and other questions that may be answered by backtracking. Laziness.
Aug 23, 2014 11:11 AM

Jun 2010
Geez that was tense.
I hope Shibazaki and Sphinx take down Five, she's a nasty piece of work. Lisa is a bit screwed- Five is gonna mess her up. She'll get Lisa's crazy mum involved, for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2014 11:57 AM
Mar 2014
This episode was certainly the most intense so far, and probably the best. Even though this anime is rather good, it isn't anything special. 3/5 for this one.
Aug 23, 2014 1:56 PM

Apr 2010
I was wondering how the fuck Five got Lisa's school ID. But then I realized the FBI pig probably pulled it off her when he held her at gunpoint.

Even in anime you can't stop the American government from trying to kill innocent people.

Aug 23, 2014 2:05 PM
Jul 2014
What the hell happened to this series?

How can someone honestly believe they'd be able to get away with demanding a control tower pilot an unmanned plane with a bomb on it underneath an airplane terminal and somehow walk away without getting the death penalty? Why is Shibazaki concerned with Sphinx getting away when he just averted the biggest terrorist attack on Japan period and the culprit is right in front of him? Why is no one arresting this chick? Because she's FBI? I doubt the FBI has any interest in catching two teenagers than they do of backing a psychotic criminal who just attempted to bomb an airport terminal. She would be on a plane back to Guantanamo so fast she wouldn't have any time to creepily molest a schoolgirl's I.D. card.

I had such high hopes but I'd much rather watch Akame than something trying to play itself so straight yet being so incredulously ridiculous. RIP this series.
Aug 23, 2014 2:16 PM

May 2014
GSupernova said:

How can someone honestly believe they'd be able to get away with demanding a control tower pilot an unmanned plane with a bomb on it underneath an airplane terminal and somehow walk away without getting the death penalty? Why is Shibazaki concerned with Sphinx getting away when he just averted the biggest terrorist attack on Japan period and the culprit is right in front of him? Why is no one arresting this chick? Because she's FBI? I doubt the FBI has any interest in catching two teenagers than they do of backing a psychotic criminal who just attempted to bomb an airport terminal. She would be on a plane back to Guantanamo so fast she wouldn't have any time to creepily molest a schoolgirl's I.D. card.

I had such high hopes but I'd much rather watch Akame than something trying to play itself so straight yet being so incredulously ridiculous. RIP this series.

I wouldn't give up yet. These are all valid points, but one should never judge an anime without watching it in it's entirety. There might be some exceptions, but Zankyou isn't one of them.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.
Aug 23, 2014 2:19 PM

Apr 2013
The chess game seemed stupid to me, so I didn't really enjoy the first half of the episode. The second half, though, picked up the pace and was much more interesting, especially because of the first real contact between 9 and Shibazaki.
Anyway, now I'm sure I liked the series more when it was riddle based and Five wasn't present.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 23, 2014 3:04 PM
Jan 2014
GSupernova said:

1. Judging by the reactions of everyone in the control tower when the bomb exploded, I don't think that any of the air traffic controllers realized what was going on with that particular plane. I'd assume that a bunch of people informed about a bomb being detonated on a particular plane wouldn't freak the fuck out when said bomb detonated on said plane. Sort of like how the guy responsible for projecting the images on the monitors was simply told to project the chess moves without knowing what they were.

2. Maybe he wanted to get ahold of Sphinx because, while they weren't responsible for the plane bombing, they were responsible for other bombings, the leaking of restricted police case files, and the theft of plutonium (which Shibazaki has made clear is a raw nerve for him as a second generation atomic bombing survivor)? It's not like their past transgressions are instantly wiped away just because another individual almost killed thousands of people.

3. This seems to be a common complaint and I don't think the people who complain about it realize how much power is given to people that have government permission. Five didn't just pop in unannounced so that she could set off bombs and potentially kill a bunch of people - she arrived and did what she did with the permission of the Japanese government. I'm further surprised that people neglect to realize that after we've been told how Shibazaki tried to expose government corruption only to have it hit him in the face when he subsequently lost his family and job. And any deaths that did result from the bombings could easily be pinned on Sphinx since they've shown in the past that they're willing to detonate explosives and are recognized as terrorists by the public. Would be incredibly easy for any government to say Sphinx did it because 9 times out of 10 the public will side with government officials and not a terrorist group.

4. I think the FBI would have an interest in catching two teenagers when those two teenagers happen to be in possession of enough plutonium to kill literally millions of people. If they detonated that in the middle of modern day Tokyo, that's almost thirteen and a half MILLION people dead, minimum. The deaths of a couple thousand would be considered acceptable losses if it meant they could prevent the deaths of millions of civilians in what would be the most catastrophic event of the 21st century thus far.
Aug 23, 2014 4:27 PM
Dec 2010
Seriously, folks? I feel that everyone is truly entitled to their opinion but I'm actually rather shocked at some of the dissent I'm seeing. It's obviously not the majority (just look at the episode rating) but to me, this was easily the most intense episode so far of the series, and quite possibly beats the 4th, motorcycle scene and all.

I was seriously on pins and needles the entire time, and watching Nine confront Five like that was just too much tension to bear. Then we had Lisa FINALLY getting involved (can't complain about her uselessness anymore!) and the stakes have just been upped again. I'd take intelligent, well-crafted shows like this over tonally-disparate, blatant fanservice idiocy like Akame ga Kill any day, month or year.
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Aug 23, 2014 6:22 PM

Jun 2014
God, what absolute crap. The chess game was shit, the whole plot defies belief and the engrish is awful.
I'd drop it if there weren't only a few eps left.
Aug 23, 2014 6:52 PM
Oct 2012
SkyJW said:
GSupernova said:

1. Judging by the reactions of everyone in the control tower when the bomb exploded, I don't think that any of the air traffic controllers realized what was going on with that particular plane. I'd assume that a bunch of people informed about a bomb being detonated on a particular plane wouldn't freak the fuck out when said bomb detonated on said plane. Sort of like how the guy responsible for projecting the images on the monitors was simply told to project the chess moves without knowing what they were.

2. Maybe he wanted to get ahold of Sphinx because, while they weren't responsible for the plane bombing, they were responsible for other bombings, the leaking of restricted police case files, and the theft of plutonium (which Shibazaki has made clear is a raw nerve for him as a second generation atomic bombing survivor)? It's not like their past transgressions are instantly wiped away just because another individual almost killed thousands of people.

3. This seems to be a common complaint and I don't think the people who complain about it realize how much power is given to people that have government permission. Five didn't just pop in unannounced so that she could set off bombs and potentially kill a bunch of people - she arrived and did what she did with the permission of the Japanese government. I'm further surprised that people neglect to realize that after we've been told how Shibazaki tried to expose government corruption only to have it hit him in the face when he subsequently lost his family and job. And any deaths that did result from the bombings could easily be pinned on Sphinx since they've shown in the past that they're willing to detonate explosives and are recognized as terrorists by the public. Would be incredibly easy for any government to say Sphinx did it because 9 times out of 10 the public will side with government officials and not a terrorist group.

4. I think the FBI would have an interest in catching two teenagers when those two teenagers happen to be in possession of enough plutonium to kill literally millions of people. If they detonated that in the middle of modern day Tokyo, that's almost thirteen and a half MILLION people dead, minimum. The deaths of a couple thousand would be considered acceptable losses if it meant they could prevent the deaths of millions of civilians in what would be the most catastrophic event of the 21st century thus far.

The chess game was somewhat unnecessary but without it, wouldn't have lead to a phenomenal second half. I'm tired of all these Engrish comments. If the whole supposed FBI had the same English as Five, that's different. Everyone owned great strength to speak, but Five, a non native speaker is catching so much hate because of her English? Or cause you hate her? I don't get it.

And this you guys, is an anime. IF it was a live action, that's different. Even other shows did some law defying or physics phasing madness when it should have been realistic. Quit your bitching,if one was whining about something actually worth whining for or a giant giant loophole of a plot, that's different. Besides, we may receive a great finish.

Or a shitty resolution. We have to wait and see.
Aug 23, 2014 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
I actually enjoyed this episode a lot, even if the chess game was a little odd (lol @ illegal opening move). It was intense, with so much going on, and I liked Nine's spot-on improvisation abilities - by somehow immediately managing to think up a plan to save Lisa and cause a commotion just minutes after receiving her call. Dat Twelve character development, too, going from him threatening to kill Lisa to saving her from getting blown up :u

I loved the piece that played in the beginning during the chess game - the instrumental one with energetic strings. It's not on the OST, unfortunately. Can we all hope for full OST release someday lol
Aug 23, 2014 7:18 PM
Jan 2014
BRK25 said:
SkyJW said:

The chess game was somewhat unnecessary but without it, wouldn't have lead to a phenomenal second half. I'm tired of all these Engrish comments. If the whole supposed FBI had the same English as Five, that's different. Everyone owned great strength to speak, but Five, a non native speaker is catching so much hate because of her English? Or cause you hate her? I don't get it.

And this you guys, is an anime. IF it was a live action, that's different. Even other shows did some law defying or physics phasing madness when it should have been realistic. Quit your bitching,if one was whining about something actually worth whining for or a giant giant loophole of a plot, that's different. Besides, we may receive a great finish.

Or a shitty resolution. We have to wait and see.

I can understand the complaints about the American FBI agents sounding stupid when speaking English. I don't understand why people think it's awful that a non-native English speaker who's Japanese and grew up speaking Japanese would speak English with a really strong accent.

If she had suddenly become voiced by a talented English speaking VA, I'd actually knock it for not seeming realistic in that regard. I've never met an Asian person who grew up speaking an Asian dialect who was able to totally throw away their accent upon switching to English. Accents don't work that way.

I also don't get the hate for Five either. I felt that she was actually a rather natural progression from a character standpoint and she adds the necessary dynamic to keep this from simply being a "criminals toy with detective" story. Witnessing Shibazaki getting caught between his desire to catch Sphinx and prevent their use of plutonium and his conflict with Five's method of doing things makes his character so much more interesting and elevates the complexity of the plot nicely.
Aug 23, 2014 8:35 PM

Jan 2010
Since Nine and Twelve is from sort of institute in their flashback, I wonder does their name in number mean they been sort into ranking like who the most intelligent and so on. Also, their age. 0,o how can Five work with FBI if she is same age as Five and Twelve around 16/17. Or, Five actually fake the information about her been FBI and all her agent is her own group.

Ahhhh..I'm thinking too much about this. @~@ Sorry.

Aug 23, 2014 8:54 PM
Jan 2014
AoiMizu said:
Since Nine and Twelve is from sort of institute in their flashback, I wonder does their name in number mean they been sort into ranking like who the most intelligent and so on. Also, their age. 0,o how can Five work with FBI if she is same age as Five and Twelve around 16/17. Or, Five actually fake the information about her been FBI and all her agent is her own group.

Ahhhh..I'm thinking too much about this. @~@ Sorry.

Something tells me that the FBI were probably aware of the Rising Peace Academy that Five, Nine, and Twelve all came from. It would be beneficial to have someone in your organization who happened to be trained from childhood in such a fashion that they're incredibly intelligent and resourceful.
Aug 23, 2014 11:41 PM

Apr 2010
The Engrish is very unsettling.
Aug 23, 2014 11:45 PM
Jul 2014
SkyJW said:

That isn't the point I was making. Whether or not they were aware there was a bomb on the plane is irrelevant, the fact that the plan that Five was attempting required the cooperation of an air traffic controller who somehow had the ability to remotely pilot a plane directly to a location that Five was instructing him to move it to, in a room full of witnesses. With the intent of detonating a bomb underneath a terminal by doing so. I'm pretty sure air traffic controllers aren't brain dead and could probably put two and two together. "This completely empty plane that I was instructed to navigate to this terminal so happened to explode 30 seconds later. How incredibly strange. I wonder if I was just made into an accessory to mass homicide.". Again, this whole plan was clearly written under the assumption that she would fail because the plan is so ridiculous that if it had succeeded she would have a needle in her arm by the end of the day.

Okay, but that doesn't address the actual point I was making (i.e. him ignoring the criminal who clearly had intent to murder thousands of innocent civilians in order to play a game of human chess, thus apparently allowing her to walk away / escape) so that he could stare angrily down at Sphinx getting away from 5 stories up in a control tower is pretty unbelievable. At least cuff her before you start pining after Sphinx. I mean hell, he held a gun to some poor sods head but didn't lift a finger against an attempted mass murderer.

3. This seems to be a common complaint and I don't think the people who complain about it realize how much power is given to people that have government permission.

Nope, sorry, don't buy it for a second. Not only did the whole resolution to this situation come about due to a willful disregard of orders from police superiors on the part of the detectives at the scene(thus establishing they are willing to go this far simply to search for a bomb at the airport), they were also were direct witnesses to the FBI carrying out an act of terror at the largest airport in Japan(?). There's absolutely no amount of hand-waving that police bureaucrats could do to pin this on Sphinx when there are a dozen air traffic controllers as material witnesses and 5 police detectives corroborating the story. If the Japanese police want to catch Sphinx so badly, all they have to do is interrogate Five into giving them composite sketches and deport her ass back to America as a plea bargain. Case closed.

Not buying it, the current U.S. position on preventing acts of terror is that creating a police state is worth it if it saves a single life from terrorism. Fighting terrorism with terrorism is not what they would do in a situation like this - they would have every surveillance technique known to man sniffing out their faces to the point where they'd have to disfigure themselves or live underground to escape. They know what the culprits look like and their identities for god sakes.
Aug 23, 2014 11:58 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode for what i think is the best series this summer
Aug 23, 2014 11:59 PM

Sep 2011
That was intense especially the ending. I couldn't really understand the chess game that they did.
Cute twelve and lisa moment right there :P
But Lisa why did you bring your ID
pew pew pew
Aug 24, 2014 5:49 AM

Oct 2013
shit why would she carry her id at a time like that . lisa pls.
i so thought they were going to kill lisa
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 24, 2014 7:28 AM

Feb 2012
The shit that crazy bitch is doing by using police authority is pissing me off.
Aug 24, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2009
Ok, for me, this episode is nail in the shows coffin. I fully expect rushed and half-baked ending. Also, riddles were stupid to begin with, but airport chess takes the cake, seriously, what kind of supreme math did Nine used? Did he actually imagined chess board, its size and then extrapolated everything on airport without any observational errors and that's all in a matter of seconds? Cool, teach me how to do this kind of shit!

Aug 24, 2014 10:36 AM
Oct 2012
GSupernova said:
SkyJW said:

That isn't the point I was making. Whether or not they were aware there was a bomb on the plane is irrelevant, the fact that the plan that Five was attempting required the cooperation of an air traffic controller who somehow had the ability to remotely pilot a plane directly to a location that Five was instructing him to move it to, in a room full of witnesses. With the intent of detonating a bomb underneath a terminal by doing so. I'm pretty sure air traffic controllers aren't brain dead and could probably put two and two together. "This completely empty plane that I was instructed to navigate to this terminal so happened to explode 30 seconds later. How incredibly strange. I wonder if I was just made into an accessory to mass homicide.". Again, this whole plan was clearly written under the assumption that she would fail because the plan is so ridiculous that if it had succeeded she would have a needle in her arm by the end of the day.

Okay, but that doesn't address the actual point I was making (i.e. him ignoring the criminal who clearly had intent to murder thousands of innocent civilians in order to play a game of human chess, thus apparently allowing her to walk away / escape) so that he could stare angrily down at Sphinx getting away from 5 stories up in a control tower is pretty unbelievable. At least cuff her before you start pining after Sphinx. I mean hell, he held a gun to some poor sods head but didn't lift a finger against an attempted mass murderer.

3. This seems to be a common complaint and I don't think the people who complain about it realize how much power is given to people that have government permission.

Nope, sorry, don't buy it for a second. Not only did the whole resolution to this situation come about due to a willful disregard of orders from police superiors on the part of the detectives at the scene(thus establishing they are willing to go this far simply to search for a bomb at the airport), they were also were direct witnesses to the FBI carrying out an act of terror at the largest airport in Japan(?). There's absolutely no amount of hand-waving that police bureaucrats could do to pin this on Sphinx when there are a dozen air traffic controllers as material witnesses and 5 police detectives corroborating the story. If the Japanese police want to catch Sphinx so badly, all they have to do is interrogate Five into giving them composite sketches and deport her ass back to America as a plea bargain. Case closed.

Not buying it, the current U.S. position on preventing acts of terror is that creating a police state is worth it if it saves a single life from terrorism. Fighting terrorism with terrorism is not what they would do in a situation like this - they would have every surveillance technique known to man sniffing out their faces to the point where they'd have to disfigure themselves or live underground to escape. They know what the culprits look like and their identities for god sakes.

1.For all we know, the bomb would't hit the actual airport and land right outside where the blast radius takes the cake and goes long. She didn't seem to be happy that the plan would fail and wished to succeed. I'm sure if someone asked you to do something that's harmless like do a simple action can incriminate you when you don't know the whole picture. And that's what this show is. We don't have the full picture, we're unsure what her motives are, if she's really FBI, does she really have the reign to screw around. Usually any questions we own are answered in the next episode in the meeting. hopefully.

2. So, you are telling me he's gonna try to arrest an officer of the law when she owns far more authority than him. Added tot he fact he was suppose to not be there in the first place, and possibly getting fired for not following protocol like he did earlier in his life. Yeah, that sounds reasonable. And then afterwards they all have a big giant party as an apology.

No, what he was doing is considered illegal and pure politics. what is right in their eyes is wrong in the public's eye. And that's why Shibazaki's mad. he can't let some guy form the higher ups kill thousands of innocent people. He can't stand it. And he can't arrest or shoot five, she has her own jurisdiction. Like I said, he'll probably get demoted or fired for doing the right thing. Corruption at its finest. This really screams what happened in the past. He tried to put someone in jail but they were higher ups and he paid the price of going against the order.

He knows this and that's why he can't do anything. She'd get off Scott free and he'll be the one in danger. He's mad at sphinx since they are the ones who are far more dangerous with plutonium in their clutches.

3. IF only things were so simple. The Japanese police are desperate and goes as far as using America to defeat Sphinx. Add with different higher up politicians speaking with Kurahashi, shows that he's powerless throughout all of this. This isn't a police department issue. This is a mass world problem.

Besides, I'll lead this to point two. No matter what the police department say about Five and their act of terror, they are going to deal with the superintendent and be whipped or punished accordingly. No matter what. They'll fall off the map and be monitored.

4. Ah, this reminds me of when Bill Gates may have killed Osama Bin Laden at the time of presidency by bombing his village and killing innocents in the process.It would have stopped 9/11 from happening. But instant media backlash of killing innocents. For the greater good, it would have prevented a disastrous outcome regarding the entire nation under siege. But that would mean they are terrorists. Which leads to the question of what's acceptable. And this isn't bullshit, this is real.

Now, I would hope Five doesn't become stingy and hand footage of Nine and Twelve, showing what they look like and be aware of capturing them.

MajorZero said:
Ok, for me, this episode is nail in the shows coffin. I fully expect rushed and half-baked ending. Also, riddles were stupid to begin with, but airport chess takes the cake, seriously, what kind of supreme math did Nine used? Did he actually imagined chess board, its size and then extrapolated everything on airport without any observational errors and that's all in a matter of seconds? Cool, teach me how to do this kind of shit!

They're not human or average. OF course they may perform high level techniques or powerful imagery if they are trained for their lives to do it. They're not the run of the mill humans. So, I'm fine with the chess board game, if they had placed more attention and gave us reasons to know what's going on. Maybe you expect too much of it. I'm just watching and immersed in it. My only worry is the next four episodes.
Aug 24, 2014 11:11 AM

Nov 2009
BRK25 said:
They're not human or average. OF course they may perform high level techniques or powerful imagery if they are trained for their lives to do it. They're not the run of the mill humans. So, I'm fine with the chess board game, if they had placed more attention and gave us reasons to know what's going on. Maybe you expect too much of it. I'm just watching and immersed in it. My only worry is the next four episodes.

Ok, does the airport have the same geometric shape as chess board? Seriously, the show would benefit from more realistic approach (not to mention better writing would be appreciated too), especially considering the fact, that nobody said anything about Nine, Twelve and Five being some kind of victims of eugenics or something (which is pretty obvious considering how cliched ZnT is).

Aug 24, 2014 12:07 PM

Feb 2014
I am a bit disappointed they didn't defeat that woman on this episode.

Lisa starting to get her development, i hope she will be a good character.

Now that ID is on five's hand. What she gonna do....
Aug 24, 2014 12:55 PM
Jul 2013
That stupid full-of-make-up blitch!
Love this episode :D OMG!
The anxiety!! O.O
Aug 24, 2014 1:17 PM
Oct 2013
This might sound crazy, but could it be that Shibazaki is actually Lisa's father?
I know that might be a little bit over the top, but it could fit in direction series is going.
I came up with this a few EPs ago, but that final scene in which five is holding that ID made me think "That's it!"
I mean, Lisa's mother is constantly going on about her husband leaving her and it was also mentioned that Shibazaki "had family" and that's the reason he had to let go of certain case. He doesn't look like someone who has wife and kids waiting for him at home, he has that standard anime divorced man image.
Physicaly, Lisa even looks like she could be his daughter.
Right now it looks like Lisa's done for, but if Shibazaki had his daughter branded as terrorist he might go Super Shibazaki 3 mode and actually side up with 9 and 12 once he's kicked from police.

EDIT: And also I think that if Shibazaki and Lisa weren't related, this episode would've been the best for them to meet face to face. It just felt that way, he could've saved her there (ofc with some adjustment to plot of the EP, for example, that young detective being the one going to the tower) and protected her from 5 by hiding her afterwards... I think he'd be able to manage that considering that aside from being genius he even holds some power through useful relationships.
Idk... we have yet to see him taking the initiative. He's on the defense whole the time, I guess getting his daughter targeted by five could be a trigger for that one.
kesshiAug 24, 2014 1:27 PM
Aug 24, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2011
i really loved this episode and i really like this anime the chest game in this ep was also pretty awesome
Aug 24, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2013
Basically, things went downhill with this anime when they introduced a ridiculously out of place and unbelievable character, Five.

Seriously, without even talking about the personality, accent and behavior, just look at her freakin hair! Her eyes! Her getup! While she would fit alright in most anime, it's just bad for such a realistic one.

It's like the whole anime is a clash of amazing realism and amateurish ridiculousness.
Aug 24, 2014 6:20 PM

Oct 2013
intense episode as always Love this show so far
dam I thought lIsa was done for
Five is PISSEEDDDD
#REKT
[/quote]
Aug 24, 2014 7:42 PM
Jun 2013
Also, possibly a random question, but why did Nine and Twelve enroll in school if summer break was about to begin? Especially since they skip the last few days? I'm assuming the school had a field trip to the first tower they blew up, but they really needed to pose as students to do it?
Aug 24, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2010
Check mate bitch !!!!
is what I said to Five
But after that guard got Lisa and with the bomb and the ID
Oh gosh Lisa what did you get yourself into
I am shocked her mother hasn't called
Aug 24, 2014 8:08 PM

Feb 2014
Hodgekiss said:
Basically, things went downhill with this anime when they introduced a ridiculously out of place and unbelievable character, Five.

Seriously, without even talking about the personality, accent and behavior, just look at her freakin hair! Her eyes! Her getup! While she would fit alright in most anime, it's just bad for such a realistic one.

It's like the whole anime is a clash of amazing realism and amateurish ridiculousness.

Couldn't agree more.
That's why i want them to get over Five quickly. She was so out of place that i can't understand why she even on this series.

Shibazaki is Lisa's father also a sound speculation. Can't wait for them to meet each other.
Aug 24, 2014 9:57 PM
Jan 2014
GSupernova said:

There's a running theme with your arguments which is that you assume that Five would get in trouble for what she did. The problem with that is that she was given permission by not the police but the Japanese government to do what she did. We're not talking about a police chief telling those air traffic controllers to ignore what they saw, we're talking about the Japanese government covering it up. Nothing would happen to Five because the people responsible for putting that needle in her arm were the ones who gave her authorization to do what she was planning on doing. You're acting as if Five and the FBI just flew into Tokyo and said "ALRIGHT EVERYONE, THIS IS OUR SHOW NOW" when they came there with the backing of the Japanese government.

What do you honestly expect him to do? Hold the special operative that outranks him at gunpoint and tell her that the game is up? It's not like she was running away to escape judgement - she came to catch Sphinx and she hadn't done that yet, so she isn't going anywhere, unlike the terrorists right below him who he had been passionately trying to catch for days if not weeks. And, once again, while he knows that she's a psychopath who is doing things in a totally unethical manner, he is outranked by her and vastly outranked by the powers that gave her the authority to do what she did. Hell, he wasn't even supposed to be there - odds are next episode he and the rest of the officers that assisted him will be gravely reprimanded for disobeying their orders to stay at the station and not interfere with the FBI's operation, which they most certainly did.

I'm becoming redundant here, but it wouldn't be the police covering this up to make Sphinx look bad, it would be the Japanese government. The show has established that attempts to expose government corruption or misdeeds doesn't work with what happened to Shibazaki. And when you have the Japanese and American governments (the latter being involved by proxy of the NEST team) desiring to spin a specific tale, the testimonies of a group of hapless air traffic controllers (and we don't even know what they were told when they were instructed to cancel the flights and remote control the plane, BTW) and five renegade cops isn't going to stand up well.

The problem here is that they aren't dealing with normal people with normal identities. From what the show has told us, Nine and Twelve shouldn't even really exist. Whatever histories they had prior to being orphaned and inducted into the Rising Peace Academy are gone and they have no histories afterwards either. Twelve's reaction to being in a school for the first time was proof of how they had never lived out normal lives at any point in their existence. And while we don't know exactly what happened concerning the RPA, the fact that Nine stated in the first episode that the other subjects there died seems to imply that the whole operation went horribly wrong and was violently dissolved. Typically when test subjects are wiped out, so is all other evidence that would tie people like Japanese government officials to it. So, succinctly put, the only thing they have on Nine and Twelve is the sketch of Nine the police got in Episode 4 or so. Everything else was deleted, destroyed, or never recorded in the first place.

And I'm sure that the United States waltzing into a developed first world country to institute a police state wouldn't go down well. Odds are the Japanese government would like to avoid that scenario and that's why they bothered to drag NEST into the equation in the first place. The metro police weren't able to prevent Sphinx from spilling the case files, so the logical step after that embarrassment would be to turn to people more accustomed to dealing with that situation, like the Nuclear Emergency Support Team which was handcrafted to deal with this exact problem.
SkyJWAug 25, 2014 12:15 AM
Aug 24, 2014 10:02 PM

Mar 2008
This episode was awesome! Calling it, The Crazy Bitch is gonna go after Lisa's mom.
Aug 24, 2014 10:13 PM

Oct 2011
Twelve going unnoticed was awesome

Nine and Shibazaki working together to save Lisa and stop the bomb was epic.

Lisa jumping onto Twelve's arms <33

Five knows about Lisa OMG!!!!!
Aug 25, 2014 12:39 AM
Oct 2012
MajorZero said:
BRK25 said:

Ok, does the airport have the same geometric shape as chess board? Seriously, the show would benefit from more realistic approach (not to mention better writing would be appreciated too), especially considering the fact, that nobody said anything about Nine, Twelve and Five being some kind of victims of eugenics or something (which is pretty obvious considering how cliched ZnT is).

No, but they cut up the area and used it as a source of playing chess. Even open area of the airport were there was nothing but land served a use of a chess piece. I don't see the problems. There are possibly multiple airports but Five knew where they were heading and more over with the shape of it. No one said anything but Twelve has Synesthesia, he owns a high sense of smell indicated by smelling chlorine from afar, smelling fire from a few floors down.

Nine owns high intelligence and hacking abilities. Five owns impressive tactical decisions and a mechanical wizard. So again, all of this is assumption and I don't see your problem. If we took everything to a realistic level, where's the fun? Or maybe it's the anime fault for making one assume this was suppose to be too realistic. I'm sure spike flying out of his jet in the open space to stop a bomb while holding his breath would have killed him.

Or the ending of Samurai Champloo that defied physics. There will be moments of belief suspended and twisted.

Vox_Populi said:
Also, possibly a random question, but why did Nine and Twelve enroll in school if summer break was about to begin? Especially since they skip the last few days? I'm assuming the school had a field trip to the first tower they blew up, but they really needed to pose as students to do it?

To pose as students and look fine in the students image, just students. Added with a summer break, the fact people will pay attention to other things, they won't care about two weird students joining and never showing up.

Flashoftheback said:
Hodgekiss said:

Couldn't agree more.
That's why i want them to get over Five quickly. She was so out of place that i can't understand why she even on this series.

Shibazaki is Lisa's father also a sound speculation. Can't wait for them to meet each other.

I'm gonna agree with you on changing the flow and feel of the Anime. What turned a cat and mouse switched to a more complicated planning. I'm still loving it but there's this flare missing.

If only they had Eiji Mikage doing the planning. He'd get to work on this.

And a small nitpick, but this anime going downward saddens me, when other animes are worse than this show and somehow gets higher because it is fed to the general public.

IE: CrunchyRoll

IE: Attack on Titan

IE: SAO

A small rant but sheesh, a distaste of how anyone jump ass first on a show at a distributor and this niche title getting flown overhead from others.

Cross my fingers, may the next four episodes end with a band like the first four episodes. Which would make sense.
Aug 25, 2014 1:49 AM
Jun 2011
Chess game made pretty much no sense. From how it was being shown it was clear that they expected nobody to be able to actually follow the damn thing, so they should've just showed as little of it as possible. Nine made not only illegal moves, the moves were dumb strategically as well, and furthermore the chess game could not have actually been played since neither Five nor Nine had any idea which piece the other was moving. D4 is nice and all, and that works for Battleship, but not in a game like chess. This wouldn't have annoyed me so much if the show hadn't been so good at these details earlier. They explained the thermite bombs, gave an identity concealer that truly existed, and seemed like they what the hell they were doing.

Now on Five. I was hoping her character would redeem itself after being introduced from out of nowhere, looking like a character that should be in another anime. The entire focus of the show has shifted to Five from the moment she was introduced and it has not been going well. She's a cookie cutter villain, there is no reason not to hate her guts at this point, and she has a ridiculous amount of authority. Suspension of disbelief is fine, but that has a limit. The amount of power Five has is completely unbelievable. The only way this can still go well for the show is if Five and her lackeys are thrown in a jail cell for life the very next episode and we get back to the more promising things the show started off with.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.