Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Zankyou no Terror Episode 7 Discussion


Aug 22, 2014 2:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 919
yah cuz you bring ur ID with you when u do terror

wow this is bad. how did that annoying bitch just walk out of their? first the power of frenship kept her from being shot. she should have died immediately.


second the police detective should have arrested her. hahahaha omg i could understand looking up the girls name and matching to a police database from her face. But so lazy to show the id. how did this evil cow even pull all these strings? lazy writing is my answer. deropped from a 5 to a 4 for me. probably get dropped completely if that bitch isn't dead next episode. i fuking hoped they weren't going to ride this bullshit evil cow woman til the end. unfortunately they will and she will ride out into the sunset. she should at least get raped at the end. but they wont give it to us. the power of frenship
 
Aug 22, 2014 2:46 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 131
I'm glad they beat Five this time but I can expect it to get a lot more intense over the next few episodes!

I just hope they finish this anime up with a spectacualr ending or I'll be a bit disappointed.. ^_^
 
Aug 22, 2014 2:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 43
Super intense! This show keeps getting better every week!
 
Aug 22, 2014 3:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 44
This episode -- or maybe the last one -- killed the show... It's moving way too fast.

The white-haired girl (forgot her name already, so forgetful) ... her plan was foiled by the detective who even put a gun up to someone, but he didn't put the gun up to her, who just came storming in from a different country into his own, putting the police under her direct orders and planting bombs in his country? He didn't do anything to her?

This show is totally unbelievable. If I weren't a completionist I would throw it out the window.
 
Aug 22, 2014 3:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
Takuan_Soho said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Maybe it has something to do with the show having like 4 different writers or something.


It does? Ouch. That is not a good sign for an original animation work.

Reminds me of Suisei no Gargantia, K, or Galileli Donna, shows that started strong, but then started to flay as the series progressed, ending in a complete unadulterated mess. Original writing by committee very seldom works.

But fingers crossed, still hoping though.

But to bitch a little (we need a bitch tag):

Ah, that felt good.

Hey Kaioshin. Is there a show this season that you have been enjoying? Outside of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki there hasn't been a show that I would rank above average. Watching Aldnoah Zero (and SAO) but outside of that nothing has garnered my attention. Is there anything you would recommend.


Honestly I don't know if I could make a strong recommendation for anything in particular. Maybe Tokyo Ghoul, but that's a YMMV one I think or Space Dandy which I'm pretty sure also wouldn't be your cup of tea so yeah probably no serious recommendations. It's still a better summer than last year though I would say since I had pretty much nothing to watch while I'm at least enjoying some shows this season even if there's nothing entirely standout that started up.
 
Aug 22, 2014 3:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 3348
Lol at Nine's gesture to Shibazaki.
Great episode. The only problem I have with such shows is that I yawn my ass through the first half until the action picks up.
4/5 finally
 
Aug 22, 2014 3:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 201
How did five get all the police to help her and she's playing chess instead of just catching them. Just weird and not fun. =[
 
Aug 22, 2014 6:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1072
shadowtsunami said:
Lisa wasn't even thinking in this episode lol. Her mindset is "Going to commit terrorist acts so I should still bring my school id". I mean how does that make any sense. It's not like she needed it to gain instance into the airport.

I didnt notice that, it raelly makes zero sense. This show was so promissing. Awsome start, AMAZING episode 4 but these last 2 episodes makes me worry that they are going to screw up everything, why 5 had to appear? It was just just perfect before she exists.
Remember guys, I AM NOT A PARAGON OF TASTE.

I HAVE SHIT TASTE LIKE THE REST OF YOU.
 
Aug 22, 2014 7:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 46
not 1 person has died in the show so far, what a joke. the sphinx duo continues to save everyone caught up in their mess.

Modified by number35, Aug 22, 2014 7:23 AM
 
Aug 22, 2014 7:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 156
vrist said:
not 1 person has died in the show so far, what a joke.


That's how you rate something? Dear God..
 
Aug 22, 2014 7:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 612
So let me get this straight. Simply by saying D4 or a single placement on the board he can determine exactly which piece she moved to that point no problem? Even if that is the case, there are many different ways to approach a move, so how the hell did he manage to find the correct way? Will this get explained? No? Pretty stupid.

SO THE EVIL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT WANT TO ARREST THESE GUYS, THEY MUCH RATHER PUT THEM ON A PLANE AND BLOW THEM UP BECAUSE IT'S MORE FUN! MWAHAHAHAHA

And yet no one dies between this battle of heroic cool rebel terrorists and the evil government using bombs. Knew she wasn't going to die because no one dies in this show so there was no fear. No tension. Music was good, animation was good, otherwise boring. I liked when Shibazaki was forced into helping them though and Nine did that cocky "Thank You" to him. Lol. This show is so ridiculous, it's like I'm watching Diehard, except trying to take itself way too seriously and no one dies.
 
Aug 22, 2014 7:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 156
Ok wait.. it's ridiculous and boring but you're still watching the whole Show? I'll never understand Things like this
 
Aug 22, 2014 7:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1700
What an intense episode from the plane blowing up to Number Five being the crazy chick that she is. BTW her English sucks lol. But you can bet Five is out to get Lisa next time. It also sucks Lisa won't be the brave character she could be I just feel she hasn't develop into a great character.
 
Aug 22, 2014 8:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
shadowtsunami said:
Lisa wasn't even thinking in this episode lol. Her mindset is "Going to commit terrorist acts so I should still bring my school id". I mean how does that make any sense. It's not like she needed it to gain instance into the airport.


My opinion is that the writers want to have their cake and eat it too.
They want to have Lisa decide to help the terrorists, but also show that, deep down, she is still an innocent good kid and this is really her cry for help which, most likely, she will receive in the end.

Though I should also say it could be a habit, in Japan students at most schools HAVE to carry their student ID's regardless of where they go (some schools even require that they wear their uniforms even on "off" days), so that grabbing it when she departed could have just been a reflex.

But overall I think that the writers really didn't put that much thought into it: they needed to have Lisa identified so that 5 can go after her mother and they can have their reconciliation via the police officer. My major complaint for the last 2 episodes is that the show has become more formulaic. I am hoping for a major plot twist next episode.

Though on just guessing, I would think that 9 is the one with the Death Flag, not 12. 9 is all that is keeping 12 from going nuclear (pun intended), so if that limiter were removed, the series could be notched up a level.
 
Aug 22, 2014 8:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
Good ep.
Five is so annoying -.-

Their english sounds funny lol.
 
Aug 22, 2014 8:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1569
Keten said:
So let me get this straight. Simply by saying D4 or a single placement on the board he can determine exactly which piece she moved to that point no problem? Even if that is the case, there are many different ways to approach a move, so how the hell did he manage to find the correct way? Will this get explained? No? Pretty stupid.

SO THE EVIL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT WANT TO ARREST THESE GUYS, THEY MUCH RATHER PUT THEM ON A PLANE AND BLOW THEM UP BECAUSE IT'S MORE FUN! MWAHAHAHAHA

And yet no one dies between this battle of heroic cool rebel terrorists and the evil government using bombs. Knew she wasn't going to die because no one dies in this show so there was no fear. No tension. Music was good, animation was good, otherwise boring. I liked when Shibazaki was forced into helping them though and Nine did that cocky "Thank You" to him. Lol. This show is so ridiculous, it's like I'm watching Diehard, except trying to take itself way too seriously and no one dies.


vrist said:
not 1 person has died in the show so far, what a joke. the sphinx duo continues to save everyone caught up in their mess.



Why are you people so upset that people haven't died yet? Do people have to die in an anime for it to be good? No? Okay then drop it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 22, 2014 8:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 612
SharifEbeefE said:

Why are you people so upset that people haven't died yet? Do people have to die in an anime for it to be good? No? Okay then drop it.


As you can tell by my original post. The fact that no one dies is not the problem. The fact that no one dies and it expects me to have some sort of fear or tension is the problem. There is no fear or tension if there is no risk of dying. Episode 5 I thought while having some convenience, was good, because it was the first time that I was like, "Wait, a person wants to actually kill people!? OMG IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN!?".

The issue also isn't just that people don't die, it's that they make it so... basic... Oh, so the government is evil enough to want to just kill people instead of arresting them. Ya ya, I get it, the government is incompetent and they have done many shady things, but they aren't EVIL, they always have some sort of reason whether it be dumb things like money or power. With this, they don't get anything from killing the girl, they just do it anyway because it's fun. That's twirly mustache evil right there and it makes the people we are supposed to call, "Terrorists" the cool rebel heroes who are fighting against the evil government. I am sorry, I cannot root for terrorists, especially if we *STILL* don't know their motives in the first place, nor can I root for the evil government, so I don't like either side. Especially since the characters aren't anything special either.

For the person who asked why am I watching it? For the Aesthetics of course! It looks and sounds fantastic ^^ but that doesn't make an anime good.. story and characters do.. and unfortunately that's what lacking in this for me.
Modified by Keten, Aug 22, 2014 8:35 AM
 
Aug 22, 2014 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 113
Nothing new plot-wise, but superbly executed, as expected of Akira Toriyama (...just Loling with you). Shinchiro knows his shit.
Intense episode, but, all in all, I must declare to the world that Five is one the most hated characters of all tiime... I hate that bitch, truly, from the ground up. And that's odd, given we don't have that much background on her.

Ps: I hate five... hope sphinx kicks her bitch-ass...yo!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 22, 2014 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 156
Well that's your personal Decision then i guess.. i myself wouldn't watch an Anime if i found it boring.. especially not just because it sounds and looks good.
 
Aug 22, 2014 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1100
If it wasn't for the ending of this episode I'd absolutely love it.
It was great, intense, fast. Brilliant.

Rant starts here, feel free to not read :)
And then comes Five, manually and on her own, controlling plane with control tower permission, straight into building, while it has a bomb.
I can't even start explaining how stupid that is. Why would she be allowed to pilot plane on collision course with airport building? Why is no one supervising FOREIGN officer? Why is no one from airport control upper staff there?
Best of all, now everyone knows it was foreign officer that set up a bomb on a plane and directed it at building filled with civilians. Even if they didn't know there was bomb on it, why control plane at civilians anyway?
And next episode nobody is probably going to bat an eyelash at AMERICAN police enforcer endangering hundreds of lives on JAPANESE soil out on a whim.

I loved first 5 episodes of this show, rate 8.5 in my books. It was deep, complex, interesting, engaging, semi-realistic, fun and actions were "of this world".
These last 2 episodes were utter nightmare in that sense.
The Japanese police directors obviously lack balls to even complain to American teenage girl after she calls them morons because she is FBI.
Not only that, but obviously FBI is allowed to bomb innocents to lure terrorists.
"Oh, but they don't know it was FBI!". Bullsh!t. After Five's action this episode every single police officer and airport staff member would know.

Whatever. This turned from my favorite show to something I hate in only 2 episodes.
Worst part is, non-sensical bullcrack aside, this sh!t is awesome. Characters (with the exception of Five) are great, interesting and all have some agenda related to them.
The action is top notch. My God this episode was brilliant when it came to suspense.

/rant
 
Aug 22, 2014 9:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
SharifEbeefE said:
Why are you people so upset that people haven't died yet? Do people have to die in an anime for it to be good? No? Okay then drop it.


False dilemma, no one is saying that animation needs killing to be good.,

However when the show is about terrorism and four large bombs are detonated in highly congested areas (Tokyo City Hall, major Police Station, a public train and a huge international airport) and no one gets killed
really stretches one's "suspension of disbelief". How about a straggler, or even an unfortunate piece of rubble falling from a 60 story building?

But that isn't the worse part, what this suggests is that this show isn't serious, which given how it started is a pretty big disappointment. There are no consequences for actions, things happen because the writers want them to happen but the writers will not accept responsibility for their own plot. It was cool to destroy Tokyo City Hall so they blew it up, but hey no biggie no one was killed, so everyone in Tokyo was down with the waste of billion dollars.

Again, given the start of this show, there was reason to hope that this show had something to say, but it doesn't: its pure style over substance. This is why Five is such a horrible villain (and why she is a woman and has blue hair) and why the government just sits back and lets her bomb their trains and their busiest airport (can you image the economic damage both events would cause Japan). Because the writers don't care to make any sense, they just want to do "cool" things.

Which some people like, which is fine. To each his own. But for me, while I am still holding out hope that the show will revert to its 1-4 roots, it seems increasingly clear that this is turning into a train wreck, and who doesn't like watching model trains collide?
 
Aug 22, 2014 9:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 324
Spectacular.

Only the holes, I felt seeing an action thriller hollywood, very good atmosphere and impeccable soundtrack as always.

Five is a bitch, I just did not like much of her entry in the plot? Wished it was Sphinx x Shibazaki to the end ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
 
Aug 22, 2014 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1301
Good episode and good execution!!! Though it kinda seems ridiculous that Five has so much authority and Japanese Government is willingly allowing her to detonate bombs and endanger civilians. And it's not about civilians but about how the Government can cover things up on such a large scale(it's kinda really hard if not impossible). That's the only thing that drops a little bit of my enjoyment.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
 
Aug 22, 2014 9:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3999
The show never operated on realism. The riddles were always contrived, but it kind of worked when it was just two kids playing terrorist. But airport chess was just stupid, as is 5's super authority.
Sieg Zeon!
 
Aug 22, 2014 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 8026
soundscape said:
Good episode and good execution!!! Though it kinda seems ridiculous that Five has so much authority and Japanese Government is willingly allowing her to detonate bombs and endanger civilians. And it's not about civilians but about how the Government can cover things up on such a large scale(it's kinda really hard if not impossible). That's the only thing that drops a little bit of my enjoyment.
I wouldn't be surprised if governments really did plot terrorist attacks and blames it on a terrorist group. At least certain governments...
 
Aug 22, 2014 9:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 313
Bad ep imo. I literally skipped half of it while watching something else lol Lisa, you better stay home and improve your cooking, at least the boys will have something to stomach after playing airport chess and dealing with the bomb lol

2.5/5 for me.
 
Aug 22, 2014 9:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 17
Brilliant, simply brilliant. Mr. Watanabe, you've done it again...
 
Aug 22, 2014 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3231
Have to agree with the people saying that the chess game was stupid.
Not to mention that the higher ups are apparently fine with that psycho bitch trying to blow up a whole airport for her entertainment instead of actually trying to capture the two. That was just unjustifiable and sucked.

Hopefully the next episode will be better again.
 
Aug 22, 2014 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 249
I don't mind the whole chess game. What's more important is that the Shibazaki and the other detectives are temporarily teaming up.

I was hoping Five would've said the lines, "You should've sacrificed your queen" in the end or something.
 
Aug 22, 2014 10:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1484
I like this show so far but there were few things that I didn`t like…

9 and 12 knew that Lisa was klutz and inexperienced. They knew that she was mentally weak. Yet they still allowed her to join. And now it looks like Lisa will be their downfall. This was kind of foreshadowed with the whole “sacrifice the queen” comment but I didn`t expect them to let the klutz join them. I guess in their defense, they kind of had to take a chance. But Lisa is a dead weight and they should have known that.


Also, it bothers me that Japanese government/police are letting 5 take control of the situation like this. Maybe consultation I understand. Or technical support. Maybe even aide of some kind. But knowing that she is willing to sacrifice innocent people , why let her take control of the WHOLE OPERATION? She could have killed 100s of people in the air port. Who is going to pay for the destroyed plane?

I would have to think that 5 banked on 9 and 12 somehow disarming the bomb but that`s too much. In fact 9 and 12 DID NOT disarm the bomb. If she was banking on 9 and 12 somehow stopping the bomb, she thought too highly of 9 and 12 because there could have been many deaths in this episode.
Modified by gyro785, Aug 22, 2014 10:39 AM
 
Aug 22, 2014 10:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1126
This was an excellent episode. So intense ^^
 
Aug 22, 2014 11:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 474
Hope Nines decision to be a bitch and not shoot 5 doesn't come back to haunt him.

Looks like Lisa is gonna be in deep shit.
Modified by niaxato, Aug 22, 2014 11:10 AM
 
Aug 22, 2014 11:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 456
Marthgun said:
yah cuz you bring ur ID with you when u do terror

wow this is bad. how did that annoying bitch just walk out of their? first the power of frenship kept her from being shot. she should have died immediately.


second the police detective should have arrested her. hahahaha omg i could understand looking up the girls name and matching to a police database from her face. But so lazy to show the id. how did this evil cow even pull all these strings? lazy writing is my answer. deropped from a 5 to a 4 for me. probably get dropped completely if that bitch isn't dead next episode. i fuking hoped they weren't going to ride this bullshit evil cow woman til the end. unfortunately they will and she will ride out into the sunset. she should at least get raped at the end. but they wont give it to us. the power of frenship


What's wrong with you?
.....

The hate, I don't understand the hate.
 
Aug 22, 2014 11:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Though it is odd that the higher ups are letting Five do as she pleases, she did come under a specialized unit jurisdiction. And not everyone was aware of her plans of launching the bomb, specially since she let it fall on Sphinx's shoulder.
 
Aug 22, 2014 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 919
the introduction of the Super Villain was heartbreaking to watch. in western media, we might get a violent death scene, but its always bitter. In japan, its just always petty and irrelevant to watch the super villain get converted from the wrong path to a path of frenship, or get away scot free.

such a great beginning to it. I agree with every criticism in this thread. half of this shit doesn't make any sense. But the super villain...that's a really good way to kill a show for me. It almost never gets resolved in a satisfying way. my gawd, i can see all the cliche's a mile away.

We could be looking at revolutionary writing though, they could traverse the deadly minefield and deliver something special at the end. I'm not holding my breath, but i've been pretty surprised so far. I can't imagine what it would be outside of a brutal rape/murder/torture scene for 5 that lasts 15 minutes of her screaming.
 
Aug 22, 2014 11:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 456
Marthgun said:
the introduction of the Super Villain was heartbreaking to watch. in western media, we might get a violent death scene, but its always bitter. In japan, its just always petty and irrelevant to watch the super villain get converted from the wrong path to a path of frenship, or get away scot free.

such a great beginning to it. I agree with every criticism in this thread. half of this shit doesn't make any sense. But the super villain...that's a really good way to kill a show for me. It almost never gets resolved in a satisfying way. my gawd, i can see all the cliche's a mile away.

We could be looking at revolutionary writing though, they could traverse the deadly minefield and deliver something special at the end. I'm not holding my breath, but i've been pretty surprised so far. I can't imagine what it would be outside of a brutal rape/murder/torture scene for 5 that lasts 15 minutes of her screaming.


America has a hard on for death, explosions, sex, and gore.

Japan doesn't fall in the same boat and maybe that's why it may feel lacking.

Someone suggested that Five wasn't even with the FBI and she managed to forge her way in. I think of this as bullshit though to be faked and played out. There's something I'm missing about Five though, like there's something far far worse about her we're not figuring out. Outside of this cliched super villain, I'm sensing something.

Also, Nine's going to straight up kill Five without trying to get some answers. i still don't know why she decided to plant a bomb or why she spoke to Nine and said he owned weaknesses. There's something. I'm telling you that has to explain to this behavior. If not, i'm going to put my hand sup and say you got me. Since we don't know what's happening next or how in four episodes this shit's going to end, I'll be patient.

Then again, I'll say that Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop had some great last episodes. The last three to four were solid.

I only hope we get to the meeting room and we see what the motives was regarding the bomb and not shitty writing. I'd be disappointed.

Gotta admit the directing has been excellent so far with the camera shots. Reminds me of Breaking Bad.

As for how this may end, I'm imagining everyone dying, Five Nine and Twelve and Lisa staying alive.
 
Aug 22, 2014 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 919
BRK25 said:


What's wrong with you?
.....

The hate, I don't understand the hate.


you're pleased by everything so far? how do you think this is going to end? If i hadn't seen 200+ animu, i'd probably think this is a really great show, but what's going on now is deja vu in a bad way, b/c almost everytime you start to see things like this,

it's almost always setting you up for major disappointment or bad writing. you can only bitch and lament now for what might be, but we can't say for certain until the last episode. i give it a 1% chance of successfully escaping the tailspin to destruction.
 
Aug 22, 2014 12:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 456
Fellener said:
shadowtsunami said:
Lisa wasn't even thinking in this episode lol. Her mindset is "Going to commit terrorist acts so I should still bring my school id". I mean how does that make any sense. It's not like she needed it to gain instance into the airport.

I didnt notice that, it raelly makes zero sense. This show was so promissing. Awsome start, AMAZING episode 4 but these last 2 episodes makes me worry that they are going to screw up everything, why 5 had to appear? It was just just perfect before she exists.


If a cop or a police officer asks for identity...she's not going to have it? Everywhere you go you bring your ID.

My parents even warned me to bring my ID or else they might think I'm a immigrant and have an issue. But yes, I don't mind the ID, if anything, could have given her a fake one. Then again, was last minute.

I'm seriously believing that someone's going to die very shortly, and I think it's Twelve. I feel bad for him. Nine seems really bent on his missions but Twelve and Lisa makes him far more vulnerable. I never recall Twelve saying what happens if they don't find out about OUR bomb. No, he said your, saying it is all Nine's plans. He's the master mind and Twelve' tagging along combined with Lisa as a lackey.

gyro785 said:
I like this show so far but there were few things that I didn`t like…

9 and 12 knew that Lisa was klutz and inexperienced. They knew that she was mentally weak. Yet they still allowed her to join. And now it looks like Lisa will be their downfall. This was kind of foreshadowed with the whole “sacrifice the queen” comment but I didn`t expect them to let the klutz join them. I guess in their defense, they kind of had to take a chance. But Lisa is a dead weight and they should have known that.


Also, it bothers me that Japanese government/police are letting 5 take control of the situation like this. Maybe consultation I understand. Or technical support. Maybe even aide of some kind. But knowing that she is willing to sacrifice innocent people , why let her take control of the WHOLE OPERATION? She could have killed 100s of people in the air port. Who is going to pay for the destroyed plane?

I would have to think that 5 banked on 9 and 12 somehow disarming the bomb but that`s too much. In fact 9 and 12 DID NOT disarm the bomb. If she was banking on 9 and 12 somehow stopping the bomb, she thought too highly of 9 and 12 because there could have been many deaths in this episode.


Blame Twelve. Notice the way he talked about Lisa, spoke about Lisa. Tried to get her to join and even now when she was going to blow up and die, Twelve didn't want that to happen but Nine didn't give two shits. Twelve made him think irrationally(really, irrationally) and decided to go save her.

winternight119 said:
This episode -- or maybe the last one -- killed the show... It's moving way too fast.

The white-haired girl (forgot her name already, so forgetful) ... her plan was foiled by the detective who even put a gun up to someone, but he didn't put the gun up to her, who just came storming in from a different country into his own, putting the police under her direct orders and planting bombs in his country? He didn't do anything to her?

This show is totally unbelievable. If I weren't a completionist I would throw it out the window.


Really? He pointed a gun at a airport security who's auto piloting the plane with the bomb? They're only telling being told what to do like the police in the beginning. i'm sure they weren't going to be told about the bomb or else they'd be assisting in the act of Terror.

Oh, and one more thing,



You see a gun pointed at the officer, I see a gun pointed at Five.
 
Aug 22, 2014 12:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 919
BRK25 said:


America has a hard on for death, explosions, sex, and gore.

Japan doesn't fall in the same boat and maybe that's why it may feel lacking.

.


You're right, but then why introduce the ultimate cliche of evil cow woman? What culture is really going to allow that kind of thing? There's 1 proper end, and then there's a myriad of cliche'd japan endings. So when i see the super villain arrive, its like the writers just showed their hand. It's possible that they give us something satisfying, but c'mon. we have 4 eps left. Had this been 26 episodes, i wouldn't be complaining. It just started out so good.
 
Aug 22, 2014 12:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 456
Marthgun said:
BRK25 said:


What's wrong with you?
.....

The hate, I don't understand the hate.


you're pleased by everything so far? how do you think this is going to end? If i hadn't seen 200+ animu, i'd probably think this is a really great show, but what's going on now is deja vu in a bad way, b/c almost everytime you start to see things like this,

it's almost always setting you up for major disappointment or bad writing. you can only bitch and lament now for what might be, but we can't say for certain until the last episode. i give it a 1% chance of successfully escaping the tailspin to destruction.


I'm content cause I owned no expectations of this show. I only came in here saying this is going to be great but the planning and such here is what I came here for to view the complaints or nitpicking so i may review the episode and see in context what might be added.

I've seen multiple anime that myanimelist doesn't show because I lost my old account and I hate updating.

I'm fine from an aesthetics point of view and every action taken by the characters are natural, sans Five. The only problem I'd say is we're not getting the whole picture and i really hope they spend time fleshing out the backstory of every character. They need to use this plutonium and judging by the Opening that takes scenes from the show itself, I see a lot of things and twists to come. Now, a satisfying end....that's subjective.

I've already said it before, I'm somewhat wishing people die. But not randomly, I'm hoping for a symbolic death and change how the whole show goes. Like that eight episode of Bebop. Where the guy learning from Spike died and you saw the way he looked at him, I felt that.

My wishes is to end everything, no sequels, no OVA's, no movies. Tie it up now, don't screw around.

Also, I gave NGNL and SAO a 2, not because of the hype but how stupid and pathetic the writing is.

This, I'm fine with. Just saying. I've seen far more stupid and unrealistic actions characters take and this show hasn't made me say this is broken or wow, this makes no sense. Every complaint is a nitpick and very rarely I haven't found something that would make sense by the cinematography and actions done outside of dialogue.
 
Aug 22, 2014 12:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17533
stunbolt said:
I was hoping Five would've said the lines, "You should've sacrificed your queen" in the end or something.
If that happened, I would have dropped the show, anime, and Japan in general.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
 
Aug 22, 2014 12:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 456
Josh-i said:
stunbolt said:
I was hoping Five would've said the lines, "You should've sacrificed your queen" in the end or something.
If that happened, I would have dropped the show, anime, and Japan in general.


????

Anyways, I like some of the references of past episodes in this one. Like the chess queen reference, the chess game itself. The bomb that burned Nine and almost killed him only to return with a phoenix-esque bird on his back, rising from the ashes. Shibazaki playing with Sphinx cause he feels this is a game. Thought that was cool.

The bird on the back when he stepped out the vehicle. Or might be a raven for all we know.
 
Aug 22, 2014 2:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 3029
Well, Five is surely gonna rape Lisa soon enough. Shibazaki also actually had quite the spotlight this episode around, didn't expect him to save the day.
 
Aug 22, 2014 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3999
BRK25 said:
The bird on the back when he stepped out the vehicle. Or might be a raven for all we know.

http://imgur.com/71OgC4H
Don't think it's a Raven.

And airport chess was NGNL level dumb.
Sieg Zeon!
 
Aug 22, 2014 3:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 552
Lisa did her part, awkward and conspicuously but 9 was definitely right to not want her around.

As far as Five speaking English, remember this is all targeted to a Japanese audience, to them it probably just sounds foreign which is the point.
Imagine how Japanese-speaking Americans in our tv shows must sound to them.
Modified by kelken, Aug 22, 2014 3:52 PM
 
Aug 22, 2014 3:57 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1491
Intense.
While Five and Nine were playing chess, the Shibazaki Squad already found out what's happening.
Funny how Nine cornered Five, but then Five captured Lisa.
And Shibazaki noticed Nine!

There's a bomb on the plane. It will explode.
Save Lisa or save the people? Nine and Twelve can't do both. So they relied on Shibazaki.
But since Five has more authority than Shibazaki, this event will probably screw him over.

pakoko said:
"You should have sacrificed your queen" -Nine to Twelve in episode 4.

I have a feeling that Five will make Nine and Twelve regret saving Lisa. It seems that in the end, at least one of them will die. But then since Twelve has these feelings for Lisa, he might be the one to go. He's willing to sacrifice. This will not end well. (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
 
Aug 22, 2014 4:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 42
7 episodes out, 4 more to go, and Lisa is still useless lol She's actually a drag for them
 
Aug 22, 2014 6:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 456
I could have sworn I said phoenix. He did rise form the ashes of the flames of the bomb he made.
 
Aug 22, 2014 7:05 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1998
11:51 owned

13:52 they all missed, lolwutt

7.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
 
Aug 22, 2014 7:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 247
Pretty exciting episode it kept me guessing the whole time.
 
Top
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »