Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kaneki fighting this episode huh? About time again. I think this is the first time he's fighting with that mask on though. We also get a rematch between Mado against Touka.

The rematch is better than I had thought. Poor Hinami ..she has to witness all that and get involved. Still, I give some credit to Kaneki this episode for his skills. He actually managed to hold the fight on his own. A lot of action this episode. Poor Mado. He is actually one of my favorite Ghoul Investigators...
Stark700Aug 21, 2014 9:18 AM
Aug 21, 2014 9:22 AM

Apr 2014
The anime made Kaneki look more pathetic than he really was once again.
Ugh.
Aug 21, 2014 9:38 AM
Sep 2013
Good episode It really divides the line between who is in the right and wrong. Poor Hinami having to find what left of her mother in the bag is cruel. Kaneki was ok but he really needs to stay in control. Seemed his fight was ok but could have been better. Guess there will be a rematch very soon.
Aug 21, 2014 9:39 AM

May 2013
That fight was nice. Although Mado was crazy, he also had a family.
Aug 21, 2014 9:42 AM

Aug 2010
I remember Kaneki owning Amon more in the manga than he did here but other than that this ep was sooo good :D And this is coming from a manga reader ^^

Even with making Ken look weaker he was still quite friggin BA there. And Dat head tilt when Yomo appeared hehe.

The emotions were depicted really well during the scene where both Amon and Touka were talking about the same thing from different perspectives. Dat Irony was amazing :O

The faces of despair Hinami made were really good and quite well depicting her emotions. Esp the one when she saw the bag was the source of her mom's smell D:

The animation during Touka's fight was epic! Ofc some censoring but I think it was still pretty damn good. Touka's Kagune are just really beautiful <3

Mado going to hell was lol XD

Well, this arc was adapted quite good imo but let's see how they butcher what matters; the best arc ever aogiri tree <_<
Aug 21, 2014 9:43 AM

Dec 2012
Kaneki finally used his mask. Mado is really a crazy guy. Using Hinami's parent to create a quinque and even use that against her.

Everyone has their own reason to fight. It's pretty hard conveying your emotion to others especially if that someone killed your loved ones.

MizeteoAug 21, 2014 10:06 AM
Aug 21, 2014 9:45 AM

May 2010
Moonchipz said:
Ugh.

Ha! reminds me on the mirai nikki anime which did the same to its male MC.

anyways..intense episode.
Aug 21, 2014 9:49 AM
Jan 2014
The first part was kind of unbearable for me. The bland emotions due to the lack of fleshing out the characters were unpleasant.

The fights themselves were mediocre, especially since the censorship was taking up half of the frames most of the time. Mainly in Mado's fight with Touka and Hinami.

The purpose of this episode was to showcase Kaneki as being the gateway to both the human world and the ghoul society. But most people who only watch the anime will find that pathetic. Not that I blame them though, the adaptation decay is beyond obvious.

Mado's death was also very poorly executed. Not to mention the part when Amon saw his corpse.

I like how they're adapting the volume extras into anime shorts, replacing the episode PVs.
ResidentAug 21, 2014 9:54 AM
Aug 21, 2014 9:53 AM

Apr 2014
Poor Hinami, I bet Mado put her mom's head in the bag. But karma is a bitch, and the investigator is dead(for talking so much and not decide who to kill for 10 minutes.).
Kaneki, finally we can see him in action with the mask. Bite Amon and destroy his quinque instead of killing him. But the overall action in this episode was nice, 7.5/10.

Ghoul tried to live just like human, why ghouls have to be the one who was hunted.
Human tried to live peacefully, why ghouls have to kill humans.
Aug 21, 2014 9:56 AM

Dec 2011
Well, a decent episode I guess, because there was only fighting. Soundtrack in some scenes was awesome.
Aug 21, 2014 9:57 AM

Feb 2014
The episode was a bit rushed but I still loved it so much! Best episode so far!
Kaneki finally entered his badass state! Oh yeah!The animation get better again! That's a relief, it was a bit bad in the last episodes, I'm really happy this episode had a good animation.
Aug 21, 2014 10:00 AM
Jan 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Oho, he knows about Kaneki? Since when? O.o

Kaneki isn't the only one-eyed ghoul around, lets put it at that.
Aug 21, 2014 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
This episodes pacing was so masterful! It really is a shame Mado had to be killed, his character was fascinating...

I'm happy we got to see Kaneki's ability to "draw out" the Ms. Rize in him, that scene was amazing and I look forward to seeing how he copes with a psychopathic ghoul persona sharing rent with his body.
Aug 21, 2014 10:07 AM
Jun 2014
Soundtrack is great and also best episode so far.
Aug 21, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. Though the pacing was a little too fast I wasn't expecting this all to be resolved this ep. Well still was good I like Kaneki vs Amon and Kaneki's resolved when he had to get serious to take out Amon's weapon. Man those man tears from Amon when he found his partner dead. It had me going even though the person who died is extremely twisted.

Shaniyaz said:

Oho, he knows about Kaneki? Since when? O.o .

He doesn't. If you remember back on a previous ep when Kaneki went to a bar and met that lady they were talking about another one-eyed ghoul.
Aug 21, 2014 10:12 AM

Oct 2011
Great episode, the feels are pretty strong in this one. One mystery unlocks another, didn't like Mado much (too maniac) so good thing he died imo.

Unleash the Rize!
Aug 21, 2014 10:12 AM
Jul 2012
Shaniyaz said:

Oho, he knows about Kaneki? Since when?

I'm not sure what made you think that he was talking about Kaneki, I mean sure unlike the manga the anime hasn't mentioned the One-eyed Owl, but still there was no point in the series where Kenaki would've been able to do something as a ghoul to ear Mado's hatred. And they've already talked about natural born hybrids.

Without any spoilers the One Eyed Owl should be mentioned a lot more in these upcoming episodes, and he becomes especially more important much later in the manga.
Aug 21, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2011
I really hope that this episode will the end for Mado... and for some reason I think in that bag he had parts of Hinami's mother... sick bastard...

Of course I was right, I'm always right when it comes to bad events happening, poor Hinami this episode...

Freaking hell Kaneki's expression scared me, it seems he's gone badass mode now.

I'm smelling some epic fights this episodes.

Pretty funny how Amon and Touka were holding speeches about the same things lol.

Dear lord... Mado needs to go down as soon as possible, that freaking sicko.

Ah, Kaneki holding a badass speech.

I really liked how Kaneki was thinking about making humans and ghouls understand each other.

HAHAHAHAHA, Kaneki just took a bite out of Amon, freaking hilarious I must say XD.

I was rather surprised to see Amon defeated by Kaneki.

Shiver me timbers Hinami's really strong :o

At last Mado has been killed and this is the last episode we get to see his ugly mug in... although I'll give him some slack because I think he had some reasons of his own to do what he did...

Overall the episode was really great and I can't wait to see what happens next.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 21, 2014 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
Although it was a bit rushed, it was a great episode. Loved the fight scenes and the OST.

Is it just me or Kaneki's voice is a bit less-badass? I mean Hanae Natsuki is an awesome VA, but his voice is a bit soft which is suited for younger guys. Especially when he has to scream, I'm just not feeling it. Well, maybe it's just me.
Aug 21, 2014 10:23 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty nice ep and seeing both parties asking the one they're fighting the same thing...
Aug 21, 2014 10:25 AM

Nov 2012
Kerozinn said:
Moonchipz said:
Ugh.

you cant compare kaneki with yukkkiii~
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 21, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2013
seems like they cut out the part where they went to CCG headquarters and the RC door

and in manga kaneki didnt just take his swings... why are you doing this to me? anime? why?

btw, for those wondering about the manga, now the anime adapted up till chapter 46. notice that hinami arc and gourmet arc got swapped in anime, also tons of stuff were cut out to fit it in 8 episodes. seriously though, they could just adapt the manga content till now with 12 episodes and we would have no problem at all >_>

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
sarroushAug 21, 2014 12:07 PM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Aug 21, 2014 10:28 AM

Jan 2010
This was a really good episode. I usually hate wimpy protagonists, especially when they are paired next to a serious and strong female protagonist. But Kaneki because of the moral dilemmas he has and his extremely considerate nature towards others is a justified wimp.
Aug 21, 2014 10:30 AM

May 2010
ninjastarforcex said:
Kerozinn said:

you cant compare kaneki with yukkkiii~

yeah well i hope you will be right in the end ;)
Aug 21, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
i'm not really liking the adaption, i'll think i'll just skip the anime and go read the manga.
but the soundtrack was great at least.
Aug 21, 2014 10:38 AM
Aug 2014
Great episode. I love the music during when Kaneki was talking about making Humans and Ghouls understand each other. The music is soo beautiful. Yomo is badass. Took that kagune right to the body without flinching. Poor Hinami , I really feel bad for her.
Aug 21, 2014 10:38 AM

Aug 2011
I liked how Hanazawa's voice kicked in when Miss Rize was unleashed :D
Aug 21, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
Nice episode.
They made Mado look like a crazy guy, so that thing of he having a family didn't have that much of a impact.

And what's wrong with those black eyes?
Aug 21, 2014 10:57 AM

Nov 2012
just watched.
actually pretty good episode, even with censoring
its just they made kaneki too pathetic before he eats amon and then sudden badass light speed bleach-like fight. i hope this wont (would probably...) happen in later episode with white hair.

and nice to see mix 2 personality voice kaneki and rize with (should be shaft-style) head tilt :p
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 21, 2014 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
Miki-Miki-Fanboy said:
i'm not really liking the adaption, i'll think i'll just skip the anime and go read the manga.
but the soundtrack was great at least.

yeah. they butchered a lot of good stuff from the manga, which kinda makes me feel sad.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Aug 21, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2013
Glad I haven't read the manga yet because I thought this was the great episode. First one I really liked since the first one. I'll probably read the manga later today though. I love the parallel between why they're fighting. I wonder how will Kaneki letting Amon go change Amon (if it does at all). Unlike other wimpy protagonists, I actually understand Kaneki's plight. He was only human not too long ago.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 21, 2014 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
From someone who hasn't read the manga, I really liked this episode.

Aug 21, 2014 11:20 AM
Aug 2011
It was a good episode even if you have read the manga.
These threads are just an infestation of naysayers who can't stop talking about how much they butcher this or that.
More insufferable than the Akame threads tbh.
Aug 21, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2013
brilliant episode once again. touka offing mado was a huge highlight.

kaneki's character development was decent too.

i'm glad that i haven't started the manga yet. it seems like manga readers get more disappointed with each airing episode.

what are the chances that this show will get a 2nd season?

also, that ost
Aug 21, 2014 11:24 AM
Jun 2014
parfaited said:
It was a good episode even if you have read the manga.
These threads are just an infestation of naysayers who can't stop talking about how much they butcher this or that.
More insufferable than the Akame threads tbh.

i'm totally agree with you XD
Aug 21, 2014 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
Awesome episode. Liked every single thing:
the deepness, the fact that old man died,
HINAMI ! Now my only wish for this would
be to see Kaneki kick some ass, and a cool
ending, ' course ^-^
Aug 21, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty good episode, kind of mad that they didn't adapt Kaneki's "revelation" exactly like how it played out in the manga. The artwork in that sequence was freaking amazing, I thought. Would have preferred it to have been shot for shot.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 21, 2014 11:39 AM
Jul 2013
StefanMZ said:
I really hope that this episode will the end for Mado... and for some reason I think in that bag he had parts of Hinami's mother... sick bastard...

Of course I was right, I'm always right when it comes to bad events happening, poor Hinami this episode...

Freaking hell Kaneki's expression scared me, it seems he's gone badass mode now.

I'm smelling some epic fights this episodes.

Pretty funny how Amon and Touka were holding speeches about the same things lol.

Dear lord... Mado needs to go down as soon as possible, that freaking sicko.

Ah, Kaneki holding a badass speech.

I really liked how Kaneki was thinking about making humans and ghouls understand each other.

HAHAHAHAHA, Kaneki just took a bite out of Amon, freaking hilarious I must say XD.

I was rather surprised to see Amon defeated by Kaneki.

Shiver me timbers Hinami's really strong :o

At last Mado has been killed and this is the last episode we get to see his ugly mug in... although I'll give him some slack because I think he had some reasons of his own to do what he did...

Overall the episode was really great and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Well.. u said it all :D
Aug 21, 2014 11:44 AM
Oct 2010
lol Touka is so full of shit. Does she really believe they are hunting ghouls for no reason? The predators lost the upper hand and suddenly want to play victim.. ROFL, I hope the investigators wipe all of them out.. bunch of parasites.
Aug 21, 2014 11:53 AM

Aug 2014
I started to read Tokyo Ghoul manga, and now I understand what it means when everyone says that censoring is ruining anime.. ;c

I liked this episode, there was more action. However, Kaneki was pathetic...
Aug 21, 2014 11:56 AM

Sep 2008
Karuko1 said:
I started to read Tokyo Ghoul manga, and now I understand what it means when everyone says that censoring is ruining anime.. ;c

I liked this episode, there was more action. However, Kaneki was pathetic...

How is he pathetic? o.o
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Aug 21, 2014 11:59 AM
Jan 2011
Geez I wish it was those Ghouls who gets killed.

Well RIP to the old man
Aug 21, 2014 11:59 AM

Aug 2012
Decent ......There's a fine line between what's right and what's wrong . Mado is also married eh!! .....A chain of hatred is created . We need lelouch :D.
Aug 21, 2014 12:00 PM

May 2013
Amon's character development is going to be particularly interesting. Nice to see Kaneki be badass!

Can't say I'm not satisfied with Mado's death, dude was getting seriously creepy. Seeing the wedding ring on the finger was a bit of a break back to reality though. Good episode overall.
Aug 21, 2014 12:03 PM
Dec 2012
I'm liking Amon. He seemed very soft though. His feeling's about the world and ghouls didn't match his fighting. Which is ironic because it was the crazy ghoul showing more compassion, which ended up taking a bite out of him. Good episode lot of action.

Didn't really like Mado, aside from the fact he kept the Ghouls on their tippy toes. Hopefully his successor will be more of a BA.
Aug 21, 2014 12:10 PM

Dec 2013
I couldn't stop laughing at how badly they adapted this episode. I can hardly watch this crap
Aug 21, 2014 12:10 PM

Aug 2014

I think I choosed my words wrong. I meant that he looks more pathetic in anime than manga.
We can blame my bad language skills for this misunderstanding. :D
Aug 21, 2014 12:16 PM
Jan 2014
sosmetal said:
I'm liking Amon. He seemed very soft though. His feeling's about the world and ghouls didn't match his fighting. Which is ironic because it was the crazy ghoul showing more compassion, which ended up taking a bite out of him. Good episode lot of action.

I do agree that Amon wasn't playing his best, but keep in mind that his opponent wasn't an ordinary ghoul. Despite Kaneki's personality, he did inherit the kakuhou of an S rank ghoul. That alone makes him a much tougher opponent to beat, not to mention Rize's feral instincts taking over his mind. You should also take into account the type of quinque Amon fought with. It's a koukaku type, which is severely outclassed by Kaneki's rinkaku kagune.
Aug 21, 2014 12:19 PM

Feb 2012
Crying, crying and more crying this episode. Characters are retarded and this anime is shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2014 12:20 PM
Oct 2010
parfaited said:
@NeutralSide What the fuck are you doing?

lol how far along the manga was that spoiler? Kids these days just looking for attention. Fortunately I don't really care enough about this show so it didn't affect me.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.