Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
Kaneki is a pile. Kill him off already and make Touka the mc.
Aug 21, 2014 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
Finally a decent, badass episode! Finally Kaneki balled up a bit. That fight with Hinami and Touka was pretty good though.
Aug 21, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
They made the fight between Kaneki and Amon a little longer and made look Kaneki a little bit more pathetic than in the manga :/ But i guess this was still decent and I still think this episode was good.
Aug 21, 2014 12:34 PM
Jan 2014
kickmesign said:
Crying, crying and more crying this episode. Characters are retarded and this anime is shit.

That's what you call a bad adaptation.

skudoops said:
parfaited said:
@NeutralSide What the fuck are you doing?

lol how far along the manga was that spoiler? Kids these days just looking for attention. Fortunately I don't really care enough about this show so it didn't affect me.

It was in the
range. I don't think it means much to anime only viewers, but an attention seeker nonetheless.

niaxato said:
Kaneki is a pile. Kill him off already and make Touka the mc.

I do like Touka myself, but at least Kaneki isn't acting like Kirito, suffering from his asspull PTSD. He gets decent developement too, though I don't know how much the anime will portray that.
Aug 21, 2014 12:36 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Saddest moment was when Hinami said she doesn't care about revenge, she just really misses her mother and father ;_;
Aug 21, 2014 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
What?.. the little girl is OP enough to take out that creeper, woe.

Well the moral question in the theme came full on this episode. Is it okay for humans to kill a species that prey on humans, but have the same emotions as humans....

And that ring?... wat?
Aug 21, 2014 12:53 PM
Oct 2013
One hell of an episode! only cons are the censorship (as always) and pacing.. but then there's this:

http://i.imgur.com/rj9VBuA.jpg

R.I.P Mado, was actually one of my Favorite Ghoul Investigators.. Even tho this episode he really did proved to be one piece of shit.
Dat Mado's Heaven tho XD.

Poor Hinamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii TT^TT i just Cant Express my mercy for her enough.

Again, Kaneki is suddenly really REALLY BA as F***, and also-his motives are really interesting! I also liked that a lot.

Amon seems to get his interest in kaneki, maybe that's the start of Ghoul-Human Communication and Negotiations.

http://prntscr.com/4f3a0r

Also, Badass Hinami:
http://prntscr.com/4f3ay8

DA FEELS:
http://prntscr.com/4f3bwa
I'M SO SAD!

I wonder whats up with Mado's family.. and that ring, does Touka-Chan knows him somehow? and whats with all that talking about the one eyed Ghoul?

Finally, Yomo is Tough as Hell, while Amon is...
http://prntscr.com/4f3f89
NOT.

5/5 Episode, cant wait for the next one! :D
Aug 21, 2014 1:01 PM

Oct 2012
Finally, some good episode at last. What about the ring, though?
Aug 21, 2014 1:07 PM

Apr 2014
Yoyo1124 said:
One hell of an episode! only cons are the censorship (as always) and pacing.. but then there's this:

http://i.imgur.com/rj9VBuA.jpg

R.I.P Mado, was actually one of my Favorite Ghoul Investigators.. Even tho this episode he really did proved to be one piece of shit.
Dat Mado's Heaven tho XD.

Poor Hinamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii TT^TT i just Cant Express my mercy for her enough.

Again, Kaneki is suddenly really REALLY BA as F***, and also-his motives are really interesting! I also liked that a lot.

Amon seems to get his interest in kaneki, maybe that's the start of Ghoul-Human Communication and Negotiations.

http://prntscr.com/4f3a0r

Also, Badass Hinami:
http://prntscr.com/4f3ay8

DA FEELS:
http://prntscr.com/4f3bwa
I'M SO SAD!

I wonder whats up with Mado's family.. and that ring, does Touka-Chan knows him somehow? and whats with all that talking about the one eyed Ghoul?

Finally, Yomo is Tough as Hell, while Amon is...
http://prntscr.com/4f3f89
NOT.

5/5 Episode, cant wait for the next one! :D

Touka killed someone with their own family..Hence the ring.
Hit her right in feels that she basically just killed a Father who probably has his own child and now that child lost a parent..In a F**** up way she's like mado who killed Hinami's parents.

Aug 21, 2014 1:09 PM

Nov 2012
Mich666 said:

that means he is married duh,
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 21, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2014
they finished a arc in 2 eps pretty disappointing. but great fights 3/5
Aug 21, 2014 1:16 PM

May 2009
Getting intense. Getting more complicated.

Well.. if you're thinkin it's a war, there's gotta be losses on both sides.

I really thought Hinami was the weakest and will die. But she's a growing kid.. Gotta be full of energy and emotions. But damn, she handled it really well... esp about not wanting revenge.. accepting her parents' murders. Shows that she knows how the world works and holds no regrets.

Wonder what that ring on Mado's about. What has Touka frizzled up. Who's the other half/half he wanted to get at?

I was just wondering.. Kaneki can eat himself to survive, can't he? O.o As twisted at that sounds. He's half human and delicious, and will grow back anyway. But yeah, he gotta remember it himself in his Rize moment.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 21, 2014 1:17 PM

Feb 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
Mich666 said:

that means he is married duh,

And she killed the person. The result most likely is going to be that married person is going to be sad.
Aug 21, 2014 1:18 PM

Oct 2010
I'm extremely disappointed with this adaptation, the only good thing about it is the animation and the opening.
Aug 21, 2014 1:21 PM
Nov 2011
Shaniyaz said:

Oho, he knows about Kaneki? Since when? O.o . Well, his time is up. Poor Amon..

Once Rize possesses Kaneki, he becomes 10X more badass! Just because it was

No no, he was talking about other one-eyed ghoul =D(he was mentioned when Kaneki was in the bar with Itori-san) and
Aug 21, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
Now this episode, don't care for the censorship, but this is probably the best episode of the series. The music, the animation, the action, and the emotional feels to this just gave my score a bump from 8 - 9 as a whole entire series. My god the feels in here were strong, the pacing was perfect in here, and I like how they show two battles from two different perspectives for the Ghouls vs Humans conflicts. Though I'm kind of surprised that Mado, is married, and I don't know why he was married.

I hope the next arc will be as great as this arc, even though there is going to be censorship later on.

Aug 21, 2014 1:30 PM

Jun 2014
I can't believe Mado died, I kind of saw it coming but I was still really shocked.
Ugh Kaneki in this episode though ;_; sometimes I feel sorry for him, sometimes I want to punch him in the face.
His efforts in making Amon try to understand is gonna go to waste since Mado dying and all...
Seeing that ring will probably haunt Touka for a while and Hinami is so mature for her age
This episode was all sorts of feels tbh
Aug 21, 2014 1:31 PM

Jun 2010
The feels so much feels !!! especially Amon's depression roar.
the cycle of hate never ends. the thirst for revenge will always remain stronger than forgiveness.
love really is a double edged sword.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 21, 2014 1:34 PM
Aug 2014
How did Amon and Mado knew where Rabbit and Hinami were? I don't get it did Touka set a trap through that phone call? or was it just a coincidence that Hinami went there and Mado found them? please I am confused
Aug 21, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2013
Loved that episode ! It was very intense ...

That Mado guy... Even though he might have his own reasons, I'm still glad that he died. He deserved it... really...

And Kaneki ...Liked his inner thoughts and speech. He surrendered to his ghoul side ( really, just for once ? XD )

Looking forward to the next episode !!
Aug 21, 2014 1:43 PM

Oct 2013
Kaneki has some one eyed relatives apparently lol.

R.I.P Mado, he was a good madman
Aug 21, 2014 1:45 PM

Oct 2013
Solid episode. I must say I do like the ost a lot. 5/5
Aug 21, 2014 1:54 PM
Oct 2012
I really didn't understand the point of Kaneki being whacked over and over again... Amon could have finished him off so easily like that. Did they change it so it would be easier to animate or what?
Also, it's interesting that they put Rize's voice over Kaneki's. I don't mind if they aren't going to animate a 2nd season, but it makes it seem as if Rize is really there. Maybe in the anime, she is and it's not just Kaneki.

They should've included the newspaper scene, or at least had it on the table or something.
Other than that it was really nice, the animation at atmosphere were awesome. The part where Kaneki bit Amon was more creepy and intense than the manga.
Aug 21, 2014 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
Kaneki finally gave in but shit he stopped
Aug 21, 2014 2:07 PM

Oct 2010
RANDOM BLACK LIGHT APPEARS

Aug 21, 2014 2:14 PM

Oct 2013
Dang. I was SO looking forward to Amon beating the shit out of Kaneki to avenge Kusaba //___- I'm really curious to see how Amon, as character, develops ù,ù
MrCheungAug 21, 2014 2:20 PM
Aug 21, 2014 2:21 PM

Nov 2007
I wonder where Amon-kun will go from here on?

Eventual ally, or Kaneki's biggest enemy? Will he see what Kaneki was trying to tell him, or will he be blinded by revenge too much to see what he's doing?
Aug 21, 2014 2:24 PM

Jun 2014
Hyack said:
RANDOM BLACK LIGHT APPEARS

Imagine a royal rumble all you can see are the subtitles..
good episode though ヽ(・ω・ヽ*)
Aug 21, 2014 2:25 PM

May 2009
Kaneki vs Amon - they skipped the part where Amon said he thought Kaneki was an ordinary person since he was so weak. Might not have been important in the grand scheme of things, but it would've made Kaneki look a little less pathetic imo. Did Kaneki really get beaten up that badly in the manga?
Aug 21, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
Best episode in a while. Really like the fights this episode. though I didn't really care much for mao.5/5
Aug 21, 2014 2:39 PM

Jul 2014
I'm glad that retard old dude died... but, now it makes me wonder what the young ghoul hunter will do... will he continue to fight ghouls as revenge for that old guy, or will he realize that both humans and ghouls are in the same place?
Aug 21, 2014 2:49 PM

Apr 2014
Kaneki pathetic....Even worse than Shinji? LOL

Aug 21, 2014 2:50 PM

Feb 2014
I'm soo happy that Mado finally died.
Aug 21, 2014 2:51 PM

Mar 2014
Finally Mado is dead! He was annoying throughout the anime but I guess I feel bad for his family even if he was a messed up dude. Kaneki got his ass kicked pretty badly till the end and finally fought for real. A pretty good episode even though there were some animation problems here and there.
Aug 21, 2014 2:54 PM
Aug 2014
And that ring????!!!!!!!!! :0
Aug 21, 2014 3:04 PM
May 2014
WOW! KANEKI STOPPED BEING A USELESS PIECE OF SHIT! about halfway through the episode...

Seriously though, I was so happy when he released his kagune and started fighting but still getting his "good guy" side in!

Can't wait for next week ^_^
Aug 21, 2014 3:16 PM
Apr 2014
Caeca said:
Kaneki vs Amon - they skipped the part where Amon said he thought Kaneki was an ordinary person since he was so weak. Might not have been important in the grand scheme of things, but it would've made Kaneki look a little less pathetic imo. Did Kaneki really get beaten up that badly in the manga?

No he didn't get beaten up that badly in the manga. In the anime they made him a bit more weaker for some reason. Also it seems to me the dialogue for Kaneki in the manga is a bit different than the anime. The dialogue felt more of what a Shonen protagonist may say in the anime, which felt weird to me.

Though as a standalone the anime is good.
Aug 21, 2014 3:16 PM

Nov 2007
I can't believe they killed the geezer......they are offing all my fave characters wtf.
He was so good at mental torture...i will miss him.
I wonder if Amon will now be Mado 2 or an alley.

Uhm anyway,very good episode. The previous one kinda bored me but this was really nice.
Aug 21, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
Ridku said:
How did Amon and Mado knew where Rabbit and Hinami were? I don't get it did Touka set a trap through that phone call? or was it just a coincidence that Hinami went there and Mado found them? please I am confused

Well, it wasn't explained very well. Ghouls have heightened sense of smell, so Mado basically used Hinami's mother's head as bait (I assume it was the head.) It doesn't explain how they knew she had a particularly keen sense of smell even for a ghoul, but maybe they didn't know. They knew Rabbit was going to be in the area, because she was trying to lure them there to fight. Then Hinami's scream pretty much alerted all concerned parties that someone found the bait.
Aug 21, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2008
Definitely kicked it into high gear with this episode...
Aug 21, 2014 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
Also, someone didn't think this through:

Aug 21, 2014 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
Mado put Hinami's mom's head into the bag.

We finally can see Kaneki in action.

Lol @ the end scene after the credit, Mado went to hell was a lol.
Aug 21, 2014 3:38 PM

Apr 2011
Black_wind said:
I can't believe they killed the geezer......they are offing all my fave characters wtf.
He was so good at mental torture...i will miss him.
I wonder if Amon will now be Mado 2 or an alley.

Uhm anyway,very good episode. The previous one kinda bored me but this was really nice.

I miss him too. Amon doesn't seem nearly as strong.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Aug 21, 2014 3:41 PM

Apr 2014
AquaWateria said:
Caeca said:

No he didn't get beaten up that badly in the manga. In the anime they made him a bit more weaker for some reason. Also it seems to me the dialogue for Kaneki in the manga is a bit different than the anime. The dialogue felt more of what a Shonen protagonist may say in the anime, which felt weird to me.

Though as a standalone the anime is good.

Just a thought..This arc would have even made much more sense if it was presented like it was in the Manga.
Because in here Kaneki still hasn't complete control over his urges and makes sense to be this arc instead of Gourmet being first.
Also Pierrot can do their work Awesome if they took it seriously..Wish it was the same for the other episodes.It was Half assed.

Aug 21, 2014 3:45 PM

Jul 2013
awesome episode... finally we saw kaneki's kagune in action
i don't agree with those who say he's a wimp... i like to think he just doesn't want to give up on his beliefs
art of ED beautiful once again
Aug 21, 2014 3:54 PM

Apr 2014
retepeters said:
awesome episode... finally we saw kaneki's kagune in action
i don't agree with those who say he's a wimp... i like to think he just doesn't want to give up on his beliefs
art of ED beautiful once again

They just don't understand what's Kaneki is experiencing right now.He just recently turned into a Ghoul.
Oh wait..It doesn't make sense because they switched the Arcs around Lmfao.It would make sense if Dove arcs comes first because Kaneki is still fresh from being a human turned ghoul and pretty understandable why He's struggling with his hunger.
I also don't like how Kaneki is acting as if Rize is inside him(Which isn't) its gonna give some misunderstanding to New anime viewers because Rize is just a fiction of his imagination that's Acting as..I won't spoil anything.
Awesome episode though Still can't comprehend the need to switch around the arcs.Its still basically the same. but with a different order of events.

Aug 21, 2014 4:03 PM

Nov 2012
Man, they don't even show an amputated hand...
Aug 21, 2014 4:05 PM

May 2013
Well, as an anime-only viewer, this was my favorite episode so far. Great action sequences and music. I will definitely check the manga once this is over.
Aug 21, 2014 4:28 PM

Feb 2008
Why do they have to make Kaneki far more pathetic in the anime?? That's my biggest gripe with this episode, he didn't take those beatings in the manga and it felt really unnecessary and cliche the way it happened in the anime.
Aug 21, 2014 4:36 PM
Apr 2014
yaHzee said:
Why do they have to make Kaneki far more pathetic in the anime?? That's my biggest gripe with this episode, he didn't take those beatings in the manga and it felt really unnecessary and cliche the way it happened in the anime.

Well since Studio Pierrot adapts a lot of Shonen series like Bleach, Naruto, and etc. They made this series into a Shonen battle manga which it isn't. Thus why your seeing these unnecessary content and a lot of skipped material.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.