Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 25, 2007 4:30 AM

Aug 2006
OK... Hachiko really pissed me off this episode... and shocked the hell out of me...

She said she's in LOVE with Takumi???!!!!?? In LOVE???!!!?? OMG... this girl reminds me so much of myself when I was young ::rolls eyes:: I can't help but empathize with her... but I truly truly thought she was in love with Nobu...

Nana's comment to Hachiko in the cameras... actually brought a tear to my eye!!

And Takumi... once again... shows his arrogant jerk side.

More, more, more. They've been releasing a lot of Nana lately... hopefully more to come, soon, instead of having to wait too long.
Apr 25, 2007 5:09 AM

Mar 2007
the fearless nana and the mysterious message to her dog...XD
I'm afraid I'm a pro-takumi person, i really like him. he can be harsh sometimes but i don't think he has ever done anything wrong. I think in this chapter the one that was mean was hachi!

Nobu is too similar to hachi so i don't think that would work out... they are both too needy,irrational and oversensitive.

The best bit was Yasu's comment about the gardens and the flowers...ROFL
Apr 25, 2007 5:22 AM

Aug 2006
Takumi has never done anything wrong??!!! O_o The only reason he EVER slept with Nana in the first place was for a piece of ass...

the only reason he went BACK to sleep with her again was because Nobu decked the shit out of him when he was bragging about bedding Nana.

Yes, I think he cares about Hachi... but no way he'll be faithful to her. Takumi is an arrogant, self-centered, playboy. He's done plenty wrong in this series. He treats everyone like they are a second-class citizen next to him.

I don't think Nobu is quite as needy as Hachi... but after this last episode, I definitely think he's better off without her... but there's still 11 more episodes to go... he'll find the right one.

Arrrggghhh... I'm lousy at putting what I want to say into words... lol... Xinil... help me out here, hun. O_O
Apr 25, 2007 10:25 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
This series needs to be renamed to Nobu...'cause he's the only character I care about anymore. Hachi is an idiot. Nana is an idiot. Takumi is a prick. Oh, I guess Yasu and Shin are pretty cool though. Everyone else (Nana x Hachi) are emo retards that seriously need to take a step back and realize they're fighting over crap.

Is it possible to find out who the father is...before the baby is born? If so, Nana should do that. Then as soon as she finds out that it's Nobu's, she'll love him again. She's a clingy girl and whoever is "physically there" for her in her time of need is the one she loves.

Frustrating show, but still good.
Apr 25, 2007 11:19 AM

Aug 2006
Xinil said:
Is it possible to find out who the father is...before the baby is born?

Realistically, IRL, yes, but it's a risky procedure. It would require an amneocentesis, which, normally, they will only do in very high risk pregnancies, because it actually requires them getting a sample of the amniotic fluid (the fluid that surrounds the fetus)... which means... sticking a very long needle into the mother's tummy to get the sample...
May 27, 2007 6:03 PM
May 2007
yuuko said:
the fearless nana and the mysterious message to her dog...XD
I'm afraid I'm a pro-takumi person, i really like him. he can be harsh sometimes but i don't think he has ever done anything wrong. I think in this chapter the one that was mean was hachi!

Nobu is too similar to hachi so i don't think that would work out... they are both too needy,irrational and oversensitive.

The best bit was Yasu's comment about the gardens and the flowers...ROFL

agree with you, i hate Takumi but... it seens that he really likes Hachiko...

and Yasu's comment about the gardens and flowers was the best! LOL
a
May 24, 2008 11:26 AM

Feb 2008
Bah! I can't believe Hachi is actually in love with Takumi. I really hope they break up.

Also, Nana's comment to Hachi was so awesome xD
Jul 3, 2008 9:14 AM

Mar 2008
Xinil said:
This series needs to be renamed to Nobu...'cause he's the only character I care about anymore.

haha! thats the best! and i'd totally go for that! NOBU <3 he's just so awesome.
and Shin is awesome too =] - i wonder is anyone noticed reira was wearing shin's lighter around...i guess only ren would recognise it though and he wasnt there..but still do i sense a possible "official" couple? XD

pfft Takumi =[ ... and to think i was actually starting to like him - back a few episodes when he and hachi had their bath chat - but now...sigh

gah reporters really piss me off...one comment that got me going was the one about ren "the person responsible for the chaos" - the ones responsible are you guys reporting it grr. haha sorry like i said i hate reporters.
loved yasu and nana's comments to the press though! and the faces of the reporters afterwards lol - utter confusion XP
Jan 8, 2009 5:19 PM

Sep 2008
Takumi pisses me off with his asshole-ness as always. Whats new?
Oh, you've gotta be kidding me. She's in love with him? Since when? I don't believe it. No one could really fall in LOVE with a guy like that. I agree with Juunko, she'll "love" anyone so long as they pamper her. >.<
Nana and Yasu's comments to the press were hilarious. They were just standing there with "wtf?" looks on there faces after both xD
I loved the last line... "You know, Hachi... since that day, the reason I could always stand back up, no matter how many times I got beat down, was because you were always watching me."
Apr 7, 2009 3:13 AM

Mar 2009
Why are the media being such p****s.

Apr 22, 2009 4:12 PM

Apr 2009
Chelle said:
OK... Hachiko really pissed me off this episode... and shocked the hell out of me...

She said she's in LOVE with Takumi???!!!!?? In LOVE???!!!?? OMG... this girl reminds me so much of myself when I was young ::rolls eyes:: I can't help but empathize with her... but I truly truly thought she was in love with Nobu...

I know this is a really old post, but that's pretty much my sentiments exactly. I mean I understand that love doesn't always make sense, but WTF Hachi. Takumi is VERBALLY ABUSIVE.. and you'd rather have your child raised by him than a kind, loving man like Nobu? Seriously? *pulls hair out*

May 22, 2009 2:27 AM

Jun 2008
ITS SO GOOD THAT NANA SAID THAT TO HACHI!!! i'm happy that hachi knows nana still cares for her at the very least... and.. jun-chan pass! hahaha.. and all the flowers blooming on their heads.. hahah yasu!
Jun 25, 2009 5:10 AM

Jul 2008
Cool line at the end by Nana. Still waiting for them to meet. And Yasu was dope in the episode, handled bidnesz.
Aug 28, 2009 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
--------------STARE--------------- lol
Yasu is cool, i have to agree with Reira on that. He and Shin are the only characters in this show that get my attention or consideration -_-.

May 7, 2010 9:45 PM

Jan 2009
For some reason, this ep felt very unrealistic and different from the overall tone of the series. Are Japanese paparazzi really that insane!?

And how epic was Yasu! Definitely my favorite of the series/

Jun 14, 2010 4:46 AM

Oct 2008
Nana is so cooool. And Yasu is awesome.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 10, 2010 8:25 AM

May 2008
Yasu wins the universe.
Dec 4, 2010 1:40 PM

Aug 2008
Yasu awesome! And Nana talking to the microphone about Hachi = <3
Mar 22, 2011 7:16 PM

Aug 2010
Oh wow...I don't even know what to say

this is really going down the shitter

and im really pissed off about Hachi saying she LOVED Takumi

what a load of bullshit,that woman is crazy or just a plain masochist
Apr 18, 2011 8:14 AM

May 2009
I love yasu in this episode flower comment was genius and the stare :) also liked nana's shout out to Hachi and the press thinking it was a mysterious comment to her dog haha

Really good episode
May 5, 2011 11:29 AM

Jul 2008
YASU IS EPIC
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 16, 2011 6:14 AM

Sep 2008
I'm on the fence as to what to think about Takumi. He didn't seem to be in the wrong, as Kyosuke explained to Nana, but he did seem a little too pushy, as Ren's driver-person said... Ren surprised me. He cares a lot more about Trapnest than I thought, but I also think that he thinks NANA is much stronger than she actually is. Still, with how proud she is, maybe he's right, anyway...

Yasu takes the cake in this episode, though. He was definitely the coolest, although I get where NANA was coming from when she called him out for punching those cameramen -- that's not going to help his actual career in law. D:
Jul 11, 2011 4:20 AM

Mar 2011
yasu is sooo awesome!
Jul 11, 2011 5:45 AM
May 2011
Why does shoji have to betray nana?... He made nAna like this.. Poor her T.T her pure innocent love turned into A nightmare of reality.
Jul 11, 2011 8:44 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, Yasu and Nana are both BAMFs.
Jul 15, 2011 5:30 AM
Mar 2011
Starrlightx3 said:
No one could really fall in LOVE with a guy like that."

i totally would which is scary :/

takumi is one of my fav characters because he is so flawed. he is capable of softer emotions (as seen with the scene in the bathtub) but uses his cold arrogant assholedness as a shield.

i really think he just wants someone to love him. the way he reacted to nanas comment about him being 'seriously wrong as a person' showed a bit of vunerability. if he really was a cold sob then he would just shrug something like that off.

anyways...i think hes a very interesting character. Nobu to me is very bleh, very 2D. takumi is complicated, confused by his own emotions, desperate to keep everything around him controlled so HE is in control. he obviously is not comfortable with his emotions and has some issues (the hint that his dad was an asshole?? awww).

*sigh*

yeah for sure....id totally fall for a guy like him.

NANA atm is defo not the girl for him tho, hes clingy to her and scared to lose her because she falls for everyone, so if he cant make her love him, he really is screwed. i do think tho that they may just work together if they both can stick out the obvious drama!

*sigh* did i mention i love him? he has long hair too *passes out from the sexiness*
Aug 22, 2011 5:43 PM

Mar 2011
"You scumbags. Instead of traveling through other people's gardens, go make your own flowers bloom."
-Yasu is much too awesome. He needs his own show.
Dec 24, 2011 6:33 AM

Aug 2011
Now I'm a bit ticked off with Hachi. I first saw her motives as a bit noble and now that she's all in love with Takumi she's just being selfish again. Maybe the two of them will be happy together. I'm even going so far as to somewhat like Takumi now. Maybe Hachi can pull the human out of him? At least the Nana's seem to be on better terms now.
Mar 19, 2012 8:06 PM

Sep 2011
I really dislike Hachi.
Mar 24, 2012 10:20 PM
Mar 2012
Chelle said:

Nana's comment to Hachiko in the cameras... actually brought a tear to my eye!!

And Takumi... once again... shows his arrogant jerk side.

More, more, more. They've been releasing a lot of Nana lately... hopefully more to come, soon, instead of having to wait too long.

No.

I think Kyosuke has got this right.

1. In his own hard to understand way, Takumi's looking out for Nana by keeping her away from the Paparazzi.

2. Hachiko probably loves Takumi too. Yes it's possible to love more than one person. In fact, it is loving one person that is "unnatural" and I say that as a married person. Feelings are feelings. There's tons of clues to support this, like how she realized that he's one of the few people that accepts her without judging her as she is.

Kyosuke, Shin, and Yasu are the three "adults" in this show. Takumi is real too, and has his sh*t together, but I don't include him in that group as unlike those three he could do with a little more empathy to him.
Mar 24, 2012 10:28 PM
Mar 2012
Chelle said:
Takumi has never done anything wrong??!!! O_o The only reason he EVER slept with Nana in the first place was for a piece of ass...

Let's be honest here, Hachi was 110% willing and basically pleading to be "a piece of ass".

Also, I don't see a moral difference between using someone for sex, and using someone for attention or as an emotional tampon. In both cases, you're guilty of using other people to serve your own ends. In fact if anything, using someone as an emotional tampon or to feel bad about yourself in this case is worse, because Hachi (and many of Takumi's groupies probably) WANT to have sex with him.

Takumi gets the 'villain' treatment, but lots of shades of grey in this anime. What about Nana and the "pet-dog" dynamic of Hachi that Nobu called her on?

If we're talking character flows, only Yasu comes out looking good in all of this (Yosuke too although perhaps he's too minor a character).
May 2, 2012 10:27 PM

Aug 2010
Yasu is too awesome! He is the definition of cool.

And Hacchi really?? I doubt you've ever seriously fallen in love yet. She needs a good slap.
May 12, 2012 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Really Hachi? You really thought you fell in love with Takumi when you basically know like nothing about him? God dammit Hachi, god dammit. Get an abortion already, Shin was right! =(.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 20, 2012 1:06 AM

Mar 2011
If Takumi is that carefree about whether or not Hachi calls off the wedding is pretty obvious that he doesn't really care about her at all. Hachi is so stupid for not picking up on the signs earlier. He will say anything to get what he wants. Like, Takumi has serious issues. He shows many signs of being a narcissist. Good job for Hachi for standing up to him for once though.

Yasu is so fucking awesome. What a class act. <3

While I think it probably would have been best that Hachi aborted the child...it was her decision to keep it. I think she would make a good mom. I just don't agree that she stayed with Takumi because of her pregnancy. Especially since she's not 100% sure it's his in the first place.

Crossing my fingers for a turn of events. A good one for a change.
May 24, 2012 11:17 AM
Mar 2010
I don't think Hachi's actually in love with Takumi; I don't believe her. I think that she's trying to convince herself that she's in love with him so marrying him doesn't seem so bad. Her actually being in love with doesn't make sense, judging by her actions. She's just loopy and emotional, and feels like she's doing a bad thing if she doesn't actually love him.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Jun 2, 2012 5:15 PM

Jul 2010
I knew Hachi was really in love with Takumi :) Idk why, but I felt like it was written all over her face. And I feel so bad for Nana, but she's so confident that it gives me confidence she'll make it out of this too :D I'm just so happy with the way the show is proceeding. No more depression!<3 I hope Hachi will reconcile with Takumi though!
Jun 7, 2012 12:02 AM

Jan 2012
mylovelyfate said:
I don't think Hachi's actually in love with Takumi; I don't believe her. I think that she's trying to convince herself that she's in love with him so marrying him doesn't seem so bad. Her actually being in love with doesn't make sense, judging by her actions. She's just loopy and emotional, and feels like she's doing a bad thing if she doesn't actually love him.

I agree;
Hachi is so emotional, also her decisions.
Ending was perfect!
Jun 16, 2012 1:27 PM

Dec 2009
Damn, Yasu is cool :P
Sep 15, 2012 5:49 PM

Jul 2012
F*ck the paparazzi. Why are they so damn annoying?! :S I never want to be famous. Ever.

And Yasu is a boss. LOL Bloom your own flowers!
Jan 14, 2013 2:52 PM
Mar 2012
IN LOVE WITH TAKUMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats gotta be the most absurd thing I've ever heard
That was so cool what Nana did on TV I cried
Jan 14, 2013 3:08 PM
Mar 2012
Hachi is really a kid... In fact if I was a man I would never marry or end up with woman like her. Seriously! She is overemotional and will love anybody as long as they pamper her. She can't take care/ nourish of herself!
Feb 16, 2013 5:14 PM

Jan 2012
Yasu was just badass and cool. Nana's comment at the end was great too lol.

Apr 20, 2013 2:10 PM
Jan 2013
Baka Takumi & baka Ren - did he really meant that Trapnest is more importand "than some friend from the past"? or did he just said it to shut up that guy?

LoonyLimbo said:

-Yasu is much too awesome. He needs his own show.

that. sooo much. Yasu is a genius his awesomness just excedes everything!
ALso glad to see Nana standing up again and showing her strong side.
Chotto... wasn't that line she sad to her the very first thing she said since when Takumi called Nobu from Hachi's phone? That was really best of her!

superseiyan said:
lots of shades of grey in this anime.

totally agree. and that why I also agree with those who said that Hachi doesn't REALLY love Takumi. She just has somehow explain her actions. I guess she never really loved, not even Nobu. But she does care best about Nobu because he had her best time with him, although very short.

I'd love to see her not coming back to Takumi.. but that's hopeless.
May 29, 2013 6:57 AM

Mar 2013
Yasu was outstanding this episode :)
Jul 17, 2013 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
Yasu your so cool
Sep 10, 2013 2:04 PM
Jul 2013
Yasu is such a badass xD he's definitely going to make it to my top 10 favorite characters
Oct 24, 2013 6:51 PM

May 2011
Yes! Way to go!
Nov 3, 2013 10:42 PM

Sep 2013
I want hachiko to end up with takumi. :/

the story is getting really dramatic, my heart keeps racing
Jan 26, 2014 11:16 AM

May 2012
That ending <3 well I really wonder what will happen next and if everything might get seen into a brighter light!
Apr 9, 2014 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
Yasu is pure awesomeness. Nana really loves Hachi T__T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

101 by nelsonnnn »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » NANA Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 13, 2008

74 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:55 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 8 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jan 4, 2009

47 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:54 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

57 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

78 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.