Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 19, 2014 5:59 AM

May 2013
Great episode. Futaba is sure struggling about her feelings for Kou and her friendship with Yuri. I know you can say it to her.

Kou popping out of nowhere is hilarious.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 19, 2014 7:36 AM

Apr 2011
I know it has to hard for Futaba to tell Yuuri how she feels about Kou that's a realistic situation if you ask me.
Hopefully Kou really does love Futaba and not playing tricks on her.
Aug 19, 2014 8:06 AM
Jul 2012
im pretty sure She wont lose Yuuri~
da preview when kou went down... im so curious~~~!!! *A*
Aug 19, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2014
Favourite part of the episode was Futaba coming to terms with herself. Those inner monologues, can't ever get sick of them it is being used to develop her character like that. To watch her grow as she reflect on whether or not to break the news to Yuuri is criminally intense. Tough dilemma for Futaba to be in. Especially of someone who has a past of having close friends that distanced themselves from her.

Safe to say this show is heading into a promisingly good direction

Aug 19, 2014 9:02 AM

Jul 2010
Oh gosh the moment in the train almost kiss
Ahhhhhhh Futaba realizing her feelings for Kou
My gosh the Kou x Futaba moments are so cute
The shampoo,the change of the shampoo
If it smelled nice to him why change it?!
Aug 19, 2014 9:03 AM

Feb 2014
Things are starting to get complicated but I'm pretty sure that she won't lose Yuuri.
Aug 19, 2014 10:19 AM
Feb 2013
Geez, I wonder what will happen if Futaba comes clean about his feeling with Kou to Yuuri?
Aug 19, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
It was an okay episode
Aug 19, 2014 1:09 PM
Aug 2011
It's petty to change your shampoo without telling Yuuri.
Fuck me sideways.
Aug 19, 2014 1:39 PM

Mar 2012
Forgot to watch this episode yesterday... Maybe my initial excitement is wearing off.

But anyways, that moment where Kou and Futaba mutually freaked out when he jumped out the window was hilarious. My memory is probably just really fuzzy, but I don't remember the shampoo parts from the manga. Those scenes were adorable anyways. Regarding the whole "I like the same person as my friend" conflict, it's kind of tiring and extremely uninteresting, but I guess the execution of it is tolerable. I still really like Futaba's internal dialogues, even if they sometimes make no sense. Oh well, after Futaba tells Yuuri, we'll get it over with. The preview for next episode though... YES I'm so excited.
Aug 19, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2010
HNNNNNNNNNNG. 3cute5me. Enjoying this show to the fullest right now.

That QUALITY in the preview though, what the hell?
http://i.imgur.com/2yVgsxf.jpg
Aug 19, 2014 5:24 PM

Aug 2014
Just kiss!!! It's not so hard, i can't wait anymore :c .
MALoween Mansion 2017

Main Candies:

Kabo-chan's Candies:

Aug 19, 2014 9:15 PM

Jun 2013
From the preview: What the fuck? Kou is a fan of Terry Bradshaw?

(I will be so happy if someone gets that.)
Aug 19, 2014 11:23 PM

Jun 2007
oh my gosh, I'm going to cry oceans with this anime...

It was a beautiful episode. Even thou we didn't move forward with futaba's and kou's relationship, I really enjoyed watching an episode that revolved around futaba's and makita's friendship.
The part with the old friend took a little too long in my opinion... I remember thinking "okkay okkay, we are like almost halfway there just finish this scene quick so I can have more development...." aaah the problems of having 20ish minute episodes.. there is never enough :'(

I cannot wait for the next episode! Preview makes it seem like Kou is going to kiss Futaba c: ! can't wait for that scene if that's the case or not!
Aug 20, 2014 3:18 AM

May 2013
She might lose a precious friend. That statement was a striking one.
Anyway, She still hasn't told Yuuri that they both like the same guy. Next episode might be her opportunity to finally say it.
Aug 20, 2014 10:40 AM

Dec 2011
Awwww, Kou managed to go around that indirect kiss and started choking XD.

Futaba's shampoo is attractive :3

Good decision to tell Yuri that you also like Kou.

Being betrayed by the one person she had thought was on her side... poor Futaba T.T

Oh c'mon, I don't think Yuuri will end up hating Futaba for telling her the truth.

LOL, they both got scared XD.

At last the time to tell Yuuri the truth has come.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 20, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2013
Can someone hipnotize Futaba or something and make her forget that Yuuri is in love with Kou. She literally can't speak ten seconds without mentioning Yuuri AT LEAST 5 times.

Also the very very last second of the preview, with Kou bending......... UGH.
Aug 20, 2014 6:41 PM

Jan 2014
sunny-j said:
Can someone hipnotize Futaba or something and make her forget that Yuuri is in love with Kou. She literally can't speak ten seconds without mentioning Yuuri AT LEAST 5 times.

thats how much she values her friendship with yuuri ^^
i also think yuuri feels the same way about futaba

it would shock me if they stopped being friends just cause of kou. yuuri should know its only a crush and after talking to futaba she'll know futaba actually loves him
[right]
Aug 20, 2014 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
Tell her damnit! Also, Yumi, you had a terrible timing you know. Couldn't you have stayed home just for that night?
I don't see how it could turn out so bad their relationship. I know it's a shitty situation, especially since she told Yuuri that she didn't loved him and so suddenly coming back can be seen has cowardice, but Yuuri is just so pure, I can't imagine her mad (well, I admit that she was mad when Kominato took her muffin and it was hilarious).

Kou don't know how to tell jokes. But he sure knows how to be attractive. We could also say that someone who fail to tell a joke is in some ways funny too, unintentionaly.

Some supwer sweet and natural moment in this episode again. That show really know how to make sweet moment subtle in term of devellopment. I like it more when it's slow than when it look like the two mains had a sudden revelation that they loved each other.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 21, 2014 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
TheAnimeFanGirlx said:
This had me in stitches xD
[Spoiler]

This ^

Though reading this thread I've realised, I must be the only girl who doesn't seem to care about an "indirect kiss" - I don't see it's symbolism. But that's probably cause I just share bottles with people all the time.
Aug 21, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2010
iLyddz said:
TheAnimeFanGirlx said:
[Spoiler]

This ^

Though reading this thread I've realised, I must be the only girl who doesn't seem to care about an "indirect kiss" - I don't see it's symbolism. But that's probably cause I just share bottles with people all the time.
[/quote]

Are you Japanese? I've only ever seen "indirect kiss" in manga and anime. It could be a japanese-only thing.
KelvetsAug 21, 2014 2:24 PM
Aug 21, 2014 3:56 PM
Jan 2014
Not a big fan of this "friends liking the same guy" drama. I really want it to be resolved in the next episode.

Futaba should've just told her the truth in the first place. Yuuri did ask her about that.
Keeping secrets like that from friends is really shallow.

That being said, I enjoyed her coincidental meet with Yumi and the flashback. It did add some meaning to the drama.
Aug 21, 2014 4:54 PM
Aug 2013
its so ironic that right after futaba solved the issue with yumi that she has to go through an even bigger of problem of telling yuuri the truth

but its still on futaba for keeping it a secret from yuuri in the first place

i cant wait to see how the next episode will turn out (but the quality of the preview just....)
Aug 22, 2014 1:16 AM

Jan 2013
Just tell Yuuri already! gahd ._.
Aug 22, 2014 11:05 AM

Dec 2013
Read the manga, so no surprises. I loved the indirect-almost-kiss situation. It was cause she stared too hard that he noticed and thought she minded it, when she probably was hoping he'd put his mouth on the bottle.

The shampoo scene just goes to show how much Kou still notices Futaba, funny thing is her brain is too messed up to notice this point.

Having Yumi come back was sorta shounen-ish, I agree. It was just a scene to push the plot forward for the present-day situation with Yuuri, no more no less.

If I remember things correctly, you're all gonna love the next episode XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 23, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode. Some of it seems a bit trivial, but this anime does a good job of making the littlest things seem important
Aug 23, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
NeverWinning said:
Favourite part of the episode was Futaba coming to terms with herself. Those inner monologues, can't ever get sick of them it is being used to develop her character like that. To watch her grow as she reflect on whether or not to break the news to Yuuri is criminally intense. Tough dilemma for Futaba to be in. Especially of someone who has a past of having close friends that distanced themselves from her.

Safe to say this show is heading into a promisingly good direction

I also like how self-aware Futaba is. I know it took her a while to realize her feelings of love, but generally she does a pretty good job identifying her feelings and actions either while she's doing it, or very shortly after. Unfortunately, she's also a somewhat cowardly so she has a hard time letting others around her know about these feelings.
Aug 24, 2014 9:01 AM
Aug 2014
Yuuri kinda gentle, sweet and nice and all. I Don't think she's kind of person that going to give up friendship. She's been alone for long enough now.
But, it's still gonna be sad for her to know about Futaba feelings towards Kou.
hazasaipuuAug 24, 2014 9:05 AM
Aug 24, 2014 4:37 PM
Aug 2014
babymilo91 said:
Those words Futaba said at the end. I hope that doesn't happen.

Is your gif/profile pic from an anime? of so which one
Aug 24, 2014 9:21 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode. Also agree with people that Futaba's character is done really well, with all those inner monologues and self realization.

KawaiiKiya said:
babymilo91 said:
Those words Futaba said at the end. I hope that doesn't happen.

Mayo Chiki!

Is your gif/profile pic from an anime? of so which one
Aug 25, 2014 1:18 AM

Jan 2014
Trippwire01 said:
From the preview: What the fuck? Kou is a fan of Terry Bradshaw?

(I will be so happy if someone gets that.)
Or he's just a huge fan of the Fox Pre-game show :P LMAO
Aug 26, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2010
God, why Futaba has such bad luck with friends? Seriously, all of them are so immature. Now I am even more glad she finally found some true friends.

Can't blame Futaba for over-thinking, she didn't have the best past.
Aug 27, 2014 11:40 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Come on Futaba, don't do the same thing Yumi did to you. Yuuri is an angel, innocent, honest, and caring person. She's too precious for Futaba to ignore. I honestly think Yuuri will be able to understand Futaba if she just tells her that she likes Kou. It worse if Yuuri sees Futaba with Kou smooching or acting lovey dovey when she had told her a while back that she had no feelings for Kou.

Kou x Futaba part was hilarious. I liked how Kou has his hand on Futaba's head the entire time, sort of wanted to see him pet her too just to make Futaba looked more cute.

Aug 27, 2014 4:54 PM

Oct 2013
Futaba is a very selfless person; I like that. But the way she shrugged off Yumi was kind of cold.

This entire episode was pretty much internal monologue of, "Do I or do I not tell Yuuri?" Still, it was good. I like the humor to the series. It's not overblown and haphazard like a lot of these slice of life are... it's more restrained and, because of that, more entertaining. Plus, Futaba is really cute.

But man, did she have to spend an entire episode struggling with this self-conflict?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 29, 2014 8:38 AM

Jan 2014
It seems that maybe next episode we'll have more to the character of Marui?
even though I guess some unexpected speech of encouragement and then back to nowhere until the show will end. I hope that's not the case, but.

Futaba finally took (maybe) the decision of telling the truth. Don't know how it'll turn out, but I'm expecting some drama. No way Yuuri will smile and then friends like before. She doesn't know the story between Kou and Futaba, so she will suffer.
Sep 2, 2014 6:25 PM

Aug 2007
This episode was boring. I mean, Fuutaba and her feelings. She thinks it too much: Say or not say to my precious friend?
Sep 7, 2014 4:36 AM

Dec 2010
Futaba and Yumi didn't even exchange phone numbers, that was really sad.
Sep 8, 2014 12:28 PM

Jun 2013
Dramatic episode!
Sep 12, 2014 10:22 PM

Dec 2013
Better episode. Futaba's present dilema is mirroring her past with the former friend. Kou was more tolerable and the music worked well here. This is packing more physical tension than most stuff out there. The problem is his chivalry awkwardly contradicts his standoffish demeanor. Maybe there's a reason...
Sep 13, 2014 12:34 PM

May 2014
Just tell her already, dammit!!

Meritas said:
Futaba and Yumi didn't even exchange phone numbers, that was really sad.
Yeah ... I guess Yumi still think Futaba is mad at her.
Sep 20, 2014 3:25 AM

Nov 2013
I think they should give some more screentime for Murao. I hope they don't wait till the last episode to finally give her some attention.
Oct 9, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2014
this ep sucked
Nov 5, 2014 2:46 AM
May 2012
To tell or not to tell -that is the ques...just fucking tell her already!!
Heh, me and my bros do that with the water bottle all the time ahahaha.
Nov 28, 2014 6:05 PM

Jul 2013
TheAnimeFanGirlx said:

I lol'd at this scene. Still wonder why he wont eat dinner with his brother. Free food man
Jan 13, 2015 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
I'm glad she decided to talk to Yuuri instead of dragging it out some more. I'm interested to see where this leads :)
Mar 1, 2015 11:49 AM

Oct 2013
Futaba is over thinking it. It's not her fault and you can't decide whether you'll fall in love with someone or not....
Apr 28, 2015 6:32 PM

Jul 2013
Domyoji said:
Futaba is over thinking it. It's not her fault and you can't decide whether you'll fall in love with someone or not....

That's true. On the other side I can really understand how she feels. It's hard because you don't hurt your best friend and then you think to much about it.

Almost innn...direct kiss? :D

I curious for the next episode!

Sep 16, 2015 1:25 PM

May 2012
Such a lovely vibe I'm getting from this anime, I just love it!
Dec 29, 2015 4:01 PM

Jan 2015
If you feel like you'll lose a precious friend then come clean and she'll understand that's the kind of girl Yuuri is ...
May 8, 2016 12:43 PM

Apr 2016
All the "I'm going to say true things and then pretend it was a joke" game strong between Kou and Futaba.

I wish they could be honest and admit they want to be nice to each other!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.