Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 18, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was an alright episode. I noticed that despite realizing her own feelings, Futaba also thinks about the situation with Yuuri.

The most interesting part in this episode imo was Futaba's past as there's another girl named Yumi. Anyways, I thought the episode felt slightly different than some of the previous. Futaba's realization and consciousness is quite something though.
Stark700Aug 18, 2014 11:46 AM
Aug 18, 2014 8:25 AM

Nov 2007
Almost indirect kiss, but he used alternative way, which he got himself cough. lol @ the joke about the smell of shampoo. The main girl's experiencing of love and whether to tell her love opponent or not. Appearance of "Yumi-chan" again and understanding why she didn't want attention from guys anymore revealed, as well as a bit of misunderstanding (Yumi-chan thought the main girl likes the same guy as she did, who is different). lol @ Kou hiding from his brother.

Kou makes her cannot hold her feeling behind. Her love opponent gave her chance to talk... the result next.

Nice preview for that long girl who likes Kou's brother cheering for both of them.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 18, 2014 9:40 AM

Sep 2008

Love almost indirect kiss and "Ahh... it is shampoo, what is with that, it is kinda hot."
So cute, so funny and so hot!
I really love Kaji-kun's voice in that part! <3
Good job!
Aug 18, 2014 11:55 AM
Jul 2013
Omg that moment!! :0
Aug 18, 2014 12:04 PM

May 2013
Those words Futaba said at the end. I hope that doesn't happen.
Aug 18, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
That almost indirect kiss! Some cute moments between Futaba and Kou as well, nice episode.
Aug 18, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2008
Aww Futaba's inner conflicts~
And those Futaba x Kou moments <3
Aug 18, 2014 1:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
LittleStar said:

Love almost indirect kiss and "Ahh... it is shampoo, what is with that, it is kinda hot."
So cute, so funny and so hot!
I really love Kaji-kun's voice in that part! <3
Good job!

Haha he was also probably embarrassed to say those lines too XD

Love all the Koutaba scenes this episode! But regarding Yumi, it's really sad that her jealousy came from a misunderstanding...honestly, if a friend gets that jealous even though she knows it's wrong, but then still ignores you, that's when you know she's not a good friend. Yumi may have liked that she was able to apologize to Futaba and meeting her again after so long, but I don't think Futaba feels the same way. At least by the end of the episode, Futaba realizes that telling Yuuri or not will not change the fact that Futaba likes Kou. She also remembers how kind Yuuri is. Coming from her previous experience with Yumi, I can see why she doubts Yuuri, but I think she can also trust in Yuuri's words when Yuuri told Futaba that she will never leave Futaba.
Aug 18, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
Too much drama focusing on Yumi,just tell her already.And it will continue? :I :I
Sent with Mal Updater
LoneWizzyAug 18, 2014 1:06 PM
Aug 18, 2014 1:03 PM

Oct 2011
In Direct kiss OMG

Is that a new shampoo <3

Oh no Futaba and Yuuri won't be friends next week NOOOO
Aug 18, 2014 1:05 PM

Apr 2013
I hope that we're finally done with the tell Yuuri/don't tell Yuuri drama by next week. It looks like Futuba finally tells her from the preview but you never know if they will drag this "plot device" out. I really loved the show before the last couple episodes but it has slowed to a crawl with the Yuuri focus. It also doesn't help that Yuuri is the character that I least like in the show. There were still some great moments in this one although nothing like the "please get off" the train scene from last week. Hopefully the last third of this show finishes strong.
dankzelAug 18, 2014 1:09 PM
Aug 18, 2014 1:11 PM

Oct 2012
Futaba baaaaaaaaka. Since I've read the manga...
That shampoo moment was really kawaii :)
And the scene were Kou jumps over Futaba to hide from Tanaka-sensei... Was so kawaii too.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Aug 18, 2014 1:20 PM

Jun 2011
Loved this episode! I also loved the changes they made with the manga. I was kind of frustrated at the end, like, I WANT TO SEE THE NEXT EPISODE RIGHT NOW.

And the preview was killing me. I NEED TO WATCH I NEED TO WATCH I NEED TO WATCH. Yup, my shoujo-mood is definitely back.
Aug 18, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2014
This had me in stitches xD
[Spoiler][Spoiler]
Aug 18, 2014 1:29 PM

Jul 2010
Yet another great episode, i just hope tho that Futaba will finally tell Yuuri how she feels VERY SOON, because this is taking way too long.Im sure Yuuri will just accept it and remain as her best friend.
Them KouxFutaba moments so good.
Aug 18, 2014 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
Another good episode. The talk at the train station between Fuutaba and Kou was sweet and I wonder how will Yuuri react to Futaba's admission that she loves Kou.
Aug 18, 2014 2:05 PM

Jan 2009
Beautiful ost between yumi x futaba in the park. i cried

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 18, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2014
Man if Kou doesn't have feelings for Futaba at this point, he's being a bit of a jerk telling her that her shampoo smells attractive and whatnot.

TheAnimeFanGirlx said:

^Agreed lol. He just pops right the fuck out of nowhere. xD

I agree with people above. I really hope Futaba tells Yuuri what she's feeling in the next episode so that we can move on. I'm gonna be kind of irritated if Futaba chickens out again in the next episode.

Episode was just kind of okay for me. I'm just hoping things go well for Futaba and Yuuri. 3/5
Aug 18, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2011
TheAnimeFanGirlx said:
[Spoiler][Spoiler]

^^ that scene
May our fates intertwine verily. - Noragami
Aug 18, 2014 2:26 PM
Nov 2013
I wonder when Futaba will stop thinking about Yuuri , i really hate Yuuri she's very stupid .
Great episode again.
Aug 18, 2014 2:29 PM

Oct 2013
Btw, it's interesting because Yuuri is Futaba's past character, so essentially, Kou is choosing between the old Futaba and the new Futaba.
Aug 18, 2014 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
I totally loved that indirect kiss at the beginning of the episode.
Aug 18, 2014 3:04 PM

Apr 2014
cute episode, i'm so happy it's sticking close to the manga. i love love love love when the manga is good and the anime sticks close to it but it gives you even more feeeeelssss yeah~
Aug 18, 2014 3:46 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode wasn't as good as all of the previous ones but it was still alright

I was kinda annoyed that Futaba couldn't just tell Yuuri how she feels about Kou, but I guess this is more realistic when it comes to situations like these

Other than that, The Kou and Futaba scenes were cute as always ;3 And learning about Futaba's relationship with her Middle School friend was interesting yet kinda sad, but I'm glad that they worked it out ^^

Hopefully Futaba will actually tell Yuuri everything in the next episode and everything works out okay >.<
TokoyaAug 18, 2014 3:59 PM
Aug 18, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2014
LonelyWizard said:
Too much drama focusing on Yumi,just tell her already.And it will continue? :I :I
Sent with Mal Updater

I think its not too much drama at all !!!

As a viewer, yes i want "Just tell already..."

But in real life, these type of things takes days, because when you plan to tell you just end up not telling !

Thats my experience anyway ...
Aug 18, 2014 3:57 PM

Jan 2014
Aww.. so she'll tell her.. Mhmm.. Can't wait for the next ep ! ^^
Aug 18, 2014 4:14 PM

Jul 2014
quite amusing episode, can't wait for next, declaration of war? who knows (except manga readers)

a flashback between yumi and futaba is pretty neat, just a misunderstanding between the two make futaba alone in her middleschool

indecisive futaba can't tell yuuri about what she feels, just make the rival worry about her, just thinking about it make me can't wait for next week

TheAnimeFanGirlx said:
[Spoiler][Spoiler]

funny scene LOL XD
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 18, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2013
Futaba's past uh, I wish they had explored more that.
Indirect ki... nop...
And then Kou suddenly pops up from the window, best moment ever.
Their relationship is getting better... maybe?
Aug 18, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2010
That stare on the indirect kiss xD
Saying Futaba's shampoo is attractive >.<
A precious friend from middle school that left as she thought they shared the same crush! If only Yumi asked at that scene and not conclude the outcome herself :O
Futaba unable to declare her love to Kou with Yuuri! Some distance already and Futaba is worried about losing a friend. Things should go well but still really interested in the process of it!
Futaba changing her shampoo. Kou shouldn't had taken that as a joke :O
Aug 18, 2014 4:57 PM
Nov 2013
I lol every time a character gets all flustered because of an "indirect kiss" haha. Futaba is kawaii.
Really sweet episode, I feel like Yuuri won't hate Futaba because they both like Kou, but you never know. Girls are unpredictable..
Aug 18, 2014 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
Basically the episode only talks about Futabe in her decision to tell Yuuri that she loves Kou or not. Also another friend from the past gave her much more anxious and uneasy to make Futabe talk to Yuuri.

Yup and that cliffhanger scene just makes it feel uneasy for next episode.

Aug 18, 2014 5:40 PM

Jun 2014
I loved how she picked her shampoo carefully after Kou said the smell was attractive, it was so cute :)
I already dislike Yumi, I really hope she doesn't appear in the show again ugh.

That episode was lovely, I love the series & its character more and more, I'm thinking of reading the manga.
Aug 18, 2014 5:42 PM

Jul 2014
Slow. Futaba's close ups are beginning to look a lot like Yuuri. Like her face. Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like the animation.
Aug 18, 2014 5:54 PM

Jul 2013
Okay all the scenes this episode...Futaba & Kou are just perfect.

Tbh, Yuuri can be killed off for all I care.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 18, 2014 7:14 PM

Apr 2014
We make ourselves into who we really aren't in order to please or impress others. That's something I know very well, because I spent all of middle school and two years of high school doing that. I think it's one of the themes of this anime, because Futaba remodeled herself to satisfy her peers, and in doing so, she became further from what Kou wanted from her. But in the end, trying to make yourself fit into a certain mold is dissatisfying, and you lose touch with your actual identity, to the point, at least for me, that you can't remember and don't actually know who you are and what your true personality is. In a way, Futaba is trying to fit the mold that Kou wants now, and that's just as bad as trying to adjust to fit the expectations of her peers.

"When you're in love, you start to worry about the most trivial details."

I think Futaba can't really love Kou in the way she believes she does until she figures out who she really is. That'll probably be one of the major plot lines in this anime. They say that before you can love others, you have to love yourself, and I guess, in a way, Futaba needs to do that by finding herself. It would be pretty difficult to love someone if you have no sense of who you are, and it's not a very healthy relationship if you completely restructure your personality to fulfill whatever your partner wants from you.

This episode also addresses that inevitable distance between friends when one of them will fall in love. Futaba fears that, because just as she's starting to make real friends, if she says to Makita that she also likes Kou, she runs the risk of losing all the friends she's made and all her progress will be for naught. In a way, this will also be disappointing to herself, because it could send the message, at least to her, that she's failed to change herself for the better.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 18, 2014 7:16 PM

Oct 2010
I love this show. idk.. maybe I'm just a shoujo digger
Aug 18, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
It's so frustrating to watch this, not because of the "just tell her already!" moments but I'm thinking more like "your friendships are/were too shallow, can you even call that friendship?" When I was that age and my friends and I all liked this one guy, we're like *giggle* "yeah I like his *insert trait here* too!" *more giggles* so I just can't understand why, in their case, they can't like the same guy and have to keep it in secret.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 18, 2014 9:26 PM

Dec 2013
Things happen. Telling the truth is better. Hope things work out.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 18, 2014 9:28 PM

Jun 2014
@xchee: it's really different according to who you are and who your friends are, and in this case in a shoujo romance, this is a conflict for the plot and does happen in real life too.

The episode was nice, had a lot of cute moments and I wish they'd hint their feelings to each other more and more rather than brushing it off as a joke or whatnot. If Futaba does explain her situation I think Yuuri would understand.

AND DO I SENSE A KISS SCENE OR SOMETHING IN THE PREVIEW?!

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Aug 18, 2014 9:43 PM

Jan 2014
Zelf22 said:
LonelyWizard said:
Sent with Mal Updater

But in real life, these type of things takes days, because when you plan to tell you just end up not telling !

Still,this kind of situations are the ones i hate most in anime,TV shows...If Yumi sees them in a "wrong" situation misunderstandings will starts,etc,etc...
Aug 18, 2014 9:44 PM

Apr 2012
Caring about the smallest of details when you are in love. Loved that line.

Liked the flashback that ended up as a connection to the present. I can relate with how hard it is sometimes to simply tell the truth, but I hope they don't drag out this Futaba/Yuuri confilct too long. They should expand more on Kou's family drama more. That should be interesting.

Good episode
zzzeallyAug 18, 2014 9:48 PM

Aug 18, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2013
Things are starting to get complicated.

Looks like something interesting will happen in the next episode.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 19, 2014 12:08 AM

Nov 2012
hmmm. The typical scenario which usually happens in every shoujo anime/manga = girl overthinks --> Girl gets worried --> Girl distants herself -->girl faces her fears --> either the situation gets worst or better :3

Im excited for the next episode. the preview makes it looks promising.
Aug 19, 2014 1:18 AM

Feb 2012
hah, that preview kinda spoiled the suspense at the end of the episode.
Clearly it's going to be a "fair game" type triangle relationship, although I don't see Yuuri having much of a chance.
Aug 19, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2014
Jeeeez futaba is soo annoying crying over nothing!!!! Is it really that big of a deal to like the same dude as your friend? It's not like he's their territory! Girls are strange
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil." - Senjougahara Hitagi
"What we see is reality, what we remember is an illusion." - Cloud Strife
Aug 19, 2014 2:11 AM

Jan 2014
Zelf22 said:
LonelyWizard said:
Sent with Mal Updater

seriously? is it that big of a deal? Its not like the guy is their territory, why does it matter so much if you like the same dude.
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil." - Senjougahara Hitagi
"What we see is reality, what we remember is an illusion." - Cloud Strife
Aug 19, 2014 2:16 AM

Jul 2013
Good lord, this is truly the shoujo-est of shoujo anime. Meeting a former best friend that you had a traumatic experience with around the same time you're facing a similar dilemma that drove you apart is like those shounen characters who had a flash back of s former friend and then meeting them again as a foe not long after (yes I'm talking to you Bulat from Akame ga Kill)

For starters I don't think the popular girls in my school ever faced that kind of treatment that Futaba got. I also don't think seeing your friend "swooning" over your crush is enough reasons to deter you from still going after your crush. WTF did she do for the 2 years in middle-school? worrying if other girls are crushing over her prince instead of telling him her feelings? How difficult is it to ask Futaba "hey do you also like him?" afgdfsdfsdfsddfsh!!
Aug 19, 2014 2:34 AM

Jan 2014
MoeGod said:
Meeting a former best friend that you had a traumatic experience with around the same time you're facing a similar dilemma that drove you apart is like those shounen characters who had a flash back of s former friend and then meeting them again as a foe not long after (yes I'm talking to you Bulat from Akame ga Kill)
The flashback in Akame ga Kill was just for us to know what will happen(a foreshadow done wrong),this one is different...Like you said this one happened at a perfect time...
Aug 19, 2014 2:44 AM

Sep 2013
Jealousy is a bitch, it can make you do stupid things.

Futaba has been through a lot in her life. Awe, poor Yuri, she stands no chance.. :/

Good episode! and I never realized how good the closing/ending song is. It's catchy :o

Aug 19, 2014 3:51 AM
Jun 2014
I like these last 3 episodes (this one included) or so less than the first ones, I think because they may have longer scenes or more drama. Or because that u hear a lot of Futaba's thoughts, I felel like the episodes consist mosty of her thoughts (not sure if true). Which by tge way consist of Yuuri and Kou I believe. I'm still excited when there's a new one. I thought Makita was gonna walk into them when they were sitting there togehter.

P.S. The quality of the video I watched wasn't pleasant :(
jiajiaAug 19, 2014 3:56 AM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.